The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #551
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 8

The live TV challenge that Stark sends to Mandarin sounds like it'll be great to see onscreen.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #552
Matarreyes
Side-Kick

Wanna bet it's the scene where he walks out of the hospital all upset, and there is a bunch of reporters there? Also, wanna bet Happy is hurt in the Theatre attack?

Old 02-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #553
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

@Matarreyes Sounds spot on. Tony delivering the line on live TV sounds like the scene from the new trailer's description. Can't wait to see it

Old 02-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #554
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Great article. This is going to be a belter.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 02-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #555
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

this next week is gonna feel like forever...

Old 02-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #556
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

nevermind.

Last edited by Guerrilla; 02-25-2013 at 06:36 PM. Reason: late to the party
Old 02-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #557
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 02-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #558
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Lol! ^

Old 02-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #559
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Is it me or does Stark look the youngest since IM1?

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #560
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matarreyes View Post
Wanna bet it's the scene where he walks out of the hospital all upset, and there is a bunch of reporters there? Also, wanna bet Happy is hurt in the Theatre attack?
Well my speculation is that yes Happy gets injured in the theatre attack and tony visits him in the hospital, and when he leaves the hospital the repoters ask him how he feels about te situation and he pretty much sends a threat to te mandrin "if you want it, come and get it" and te Mandrin sees then then, choppers are sent to Tony's Malibu's masion and they destroy it with Tony managing getting into his suit on time but gets dragged to the bottom of the ocean.

He escapes but the next scene is the one he's lying in the snow with his suit malfuctioning and it pulls him out of the suit,he then drags it and finds an abondoned garage where he meets that boy, who then shows him the silhouttes in the wall (that shot we saw in the trailer with the boy touching the wall with the shadows,the man the boy is with is probably Tony) explaining to Tony that a bomb went off and killed some people close to him.

I presume Tony manages to fix the suit and the next scene will be the Air Force 1 set piece
just my 2 cents

Probably after

Old 02-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #561
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post

Old 02-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #562
Rock Sexton
Banned User

So the extremis now makes people reach the zenith of human potential? We had that in the Super Soldier Serum already.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #563
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Wasn't comic book Extremis an attempt to make another super soldier? I'm fine with that. It just further develops the MCU's cohesiveness.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #564
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
So the extremis now makes people reach the zenith of human potential? We had that in the Super Soldier Serum already.
Well technialy extremis does what ever you program it to. It just rewrites the code in your brian.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 02-26-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #565
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
pretty sure Extremis is supposed to be an attempt at the Super Soldier Serum gone wrong, so like Abomination and RedSkull got their treatment of failed attempts so will Killian/others infected.. Pretty good if you ask me, like whoever else said it makes the MCU even more cohesive

Old 02-25-2013, 08:14 PM   #566
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
so we can now settle this right CherokeeSam? Here is says Killian is Mandarins right hand man, saying Killian is below Mandarin in the movies context. Also the entire article talks about Mandarin, Mandarin, Mandarin.. not how Pearce is top dog here haha. I know it's possible Killian has a plan to use Mandarin in some aspect, but I don't think he's going to have some sort of Master Plan to trump what Mandarin has in store. I'm putting my arguments with this to rest.. We shall see when the movie comes out haha.
Nope.

I still say Killian will reveal by movie's end that he's been calling the shots and Mandarin's been an unwitting pawn, not the other way around. There's plenty of instances in movies and fiction and superheroism-dom of "right-hand men" (or women) being the actual string-pullers.

And Kingsley's description of Mandarin fits my description of Mandarin to a tee. "Pastiche of anti-American iconography." I like the Col. Kurtz reference, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matarreyes View Post
The Chinese Theatre attack happens in Hollywood, of course. The shot of Stark walking alone out of the hospital into the crowd of reporters takes place in Chattanooga, TN. Set pics of that scene showed that all the TV vans and reporters' mics belonged to Chattanooga-area stations. (Fictitious Chattanooga-area stations.)

I'm still betting that the snow scene and "Superhero In My Garage" sequence takes place in the Chattanooga area, too.

One thing the Empire article doesn't explain is why, exactly, Tony is laying low, and why he's unable to contact Pepper, Rhodey, the Avengers, or anyone else.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-25-2013, 08:30 PM   #567
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Nope.

I still say Killian will reveal by movie's end that he's been calling the shots and Mandarin's been an unwitting pawn, not the other way around. There's plenty of instances in movies and fiction and superheroism-dom of "right-hand men" (or women) being the actual string-pullers.

And Kingsley's description of Mandarin fits my description of Mandarin to a tee. "Pastiche of anti-American iconography." I like the Col. Kurtz reference, too.

I think Killian is going to kick the bucket before any of his personal plans come to fruition.. but that doesn't leave out the option that someone even more sinister in AIM steps up in his place in the after credits or end of the movie with the notion of carrying out his plans (I assume he's plotting something) and doing it even more evil-y (let's pretend that's a word )

But yeah I really like how Mandarin is being displayed in this, the whole super terrorist, all out against America and Tony (America's cowboy, I think they said in the empire article or something like that)

I seriously can't wait for this trailer and the movie to come out. It bums me out that Europe is getting the movie first, it will make it so hard for me to not try and watch a copy online haha.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #568
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Nope.

The Chinese Theatre attack happens in Hollywood, of course. The shot of Stark walking alone out of the hospital into the crowd of reporters takes place in Chattanooga, TN. Set pics of that scene showed that all the TV vans and reporters' mics belonged to Chattanooga-area stations. (Fictitious Chattanooga-area stations.)

I'm still betting that the snow scene and "Superhero In My Garage" sequence takes place in the Chattanooga area, too.

One thing the Empire article doesn't explain is why, exactly, Tony is laying low, and why he's unable to contact Pepper, Rhodey, the Avengers, or anyone else.
Probably because he's not in Chattanooga. I'm guessing he lands somewhere in China.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #569
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Probably because he's not in Chattanooga. I'm guessing he lands somewhere in China.
...And hides out in the garage belonging to the family of a 10-year old American kid named Harley....?

Don't think there's too many American kids named "Harley" in China, but I could be wrong.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #570
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Surprised we haven't heard much from or about Ashley Hamilton/Jack Taggert. An Officer just posted on Instagram:

Quote:
Taking my friend #ashleyhamilton on an #lapd ride along for his upcoming movie #ironman3
Nothing breaking, but the Officer has a bunch of other pics with actors playing cops on-screen.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #571
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
...And hides out in the garage belonging to the family of a 10-year old American kid named Harley....?

Don't think there's too many American kids named "Harley" in China, but I could be wrong.
GAH Totally forgot about that. Scratch the China guess.

However, it says he lands hundreds of miles away from where Mandarin attacks (presumably at the mansion), so...still not Chattanooga. California mountains, then?

Old 02-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #572
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Thanks to whoever posted those scans. That was a good read.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #573
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Thanks to whoever posted those scans. That was a good read.
agreed! I assume Empire is a UK magazine since they kept referring to Avengers as 'Avengers Assemble' right?

Old 02-25-2013, 09:53 PM   #574
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
LMAO... that s**t is bizarre. And about the words under your avatar. RIP in peace? You do know you don't have to include the second "in peace" right?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:56 PM   #575
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
GAH Totally forgot about that. Scratch the China guess.

However, it says he lands hundreds of miles away from where Mandarin attacks (presumably at the mansion), so...still not Chattanooga. California mountains, then?
Eh, maybe redwood country, or the Rockies. The only thing is we *know* that Chattanooga featured heavily in set pieces during filming, and there's not been any indication of filming or scene-setting in northern California or the Rockies. Chatts is actually 2000+ miles from Malibu, but *technically* you could say that's "hundreds of miles away." Or that the Empire writer isn't an accurate gauge of distance. Or hasn't even heard of Chattanooga, or Tennessee.

I'm just betting on TN, because I know there's several scenes that are set there that haven't been discussed yet and which may or may not have been featured in the trailers; and because it's not far from where I live, too.

Closed Thread