Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #776
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockin View Post
Chills reading all of that. If all of this is true, just......holy ****. Everything that they'll be introducing or teasing in this film, its sort of unbelievable. The possibilities are extraordinary.
Phase 2, baby!

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #777
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

so if i'm following these possible women in IM plot lines correctly: Maya is going to sleep w/ Tony after he presumes Pepper is dead, she then will be pregnant while also turning into Madame Masque (idk who that is but I know the name). While the other female we don't know much about, Stozak, will be revealed as Janet Van Dyne. Thus keeping the character of Bethany Cabe out of the movie all together correct?

LokiD or someone else comment on this please cause I'm confused at the moment lol.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:55 PM   #778
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

damn 57 people viewing haha.. the forum has blown up today!

Old 02-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #779
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
The Van Dyne bit is clearly trolling.

Everything else sounds legit.
I don't believe the Maya Hansen bits at all, either.

Audiences --- female ones, mainly; but others, too --- will revolt if Tony has a fling with her, when Pepper's supposed to be "the one thing he can't live without." Especially if Pepper is supposed to be held captive, or even if he thinks she's dead. That's caddish beyond even comic-book Tony. He'd lose a TON of movie fans for thinking with his dick instead of his heart.

Nor does it make sense to reduce Maya Hansen to a lovestruck Glenn Close. She wasn't like that in the comics, and there's no real reason for the movie version of her to be that way, either.

And it would be stupid as hell to make MAYA HANSEN Madame Masque, when they could've used, you know, WHITNEY FROST to become Masque....? Especially when you could've shoehorned Whitney into Maya's role in the Extremis story without too much of a canon change.

It's bull****. Not buying any of it now.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #780
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Way too much information and contradicting info at that in here right now. Just seems like way too many storylines/Easter eggs/Marvel references to fit in all at once in one movie.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #781
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Way too much information and contradicting info at that in here right now. Just seems like way too many storylines/Easter eggs/Marvel references to fit in all at once in one movie.
lol i leave this board a day and its get blown up...
like u said a lot of info are contradicting and some are very ridiculous.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #782
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Yep.
I'm just going to wait on the next official trailer, and sort out the BS from the rest. I'm sure new stuff in the next trailer will contradict the vast majority of what we "learned" on 4chan today.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #783
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yep.
I'm just going to wait on the next official trailer, and sort out the BS from the rest. I'm sure new stuff in the next trailer will contradict the vast majority of what we "learned" on 4chan today.
usually any spoilers/reveals after the second trailer hold more truth than these leaks. So yeah w8ing for the trailer to debunk most of these info.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #784
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Okay, I'm officially attributing all this /co/ **** to Trolling.

There may or may not be bits and pieces of truths in there at the start, but with 4chan being as anonymous as it is, there's clearly SEVERAL different people posting there pretending to be the original leaker, and they're making BS up as they go along.

The stuff about the female characters, in particular, sounds so bull**** I could spread it on the ground and rosebushes would sprout. Tony ditching everything he had with Pepper for a quickie with an old flame? Not gonna happen. Feige sure as hell wouldn't allow it. Maya Hansen turning into Fatal Attraction so you could hint at a Madame Masque angle? Horse****. Szostak playing Janet Van Dyne? Elephant dung.

What is this "prize ceremony" the troll(s) talk about, anyway? And where the hell is "Vernon Van Dyne" on IMDB or ANYBODY'S cast list?

Here's the ONLY thing we know for sure about Stephanie Szostak's brief scene in the trailer: it takes place in a darkened restaurant or bar (there's a beverage station in the background); there doesn't seem to be anyone else around but her and Tony; Tony is dressed in something that a Minimugg toy shown at the Toy Fair earlier called Tony Stark's "Cowboy Disguise" (the cowboy hat and boots aren't shown in the trailer scene, but the vest and shirt are definitely the same); Tony is beaten up and scarred, but we don't know when he got those scars; and Szostak is getting ready to beat the crap out of Tony, and (to my mind) it's got clear sexual undertones. And to further add to that, I think I've got it narrowed down to WHERE it takes place: a made-up bar called "Rocky Top Diner," which was designed for a set in Rose Hill, NC. But is probably supposed to be in TN, where "Rocky Top" has a very definite and popular meaning with the locals ("Good ol' Rocky Top....Rocky Top, Tennessee" GO VOLS)
to be fair... and as double sided as being anonymous is (you get people thinking they arn't legit) but to post spoilers like that.. you also have to be anonymous or simply don't do it.

ive been to screeners, sometimes they even make you sign stuff.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 02-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #785
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
so if i'm following these possible women in IM plot lines correctly: Maya is going to sleep w/ Tony after he presumes Pepper is dead, she then will be pregnant while also turning into Madame Masque (idk who that is but I know the name). While the other female we don't know much about, Stozak, will be revealed as Janet Van Dyne. Thus keeping the character of Bethany Cabe out of the movie all together correct?

LokiD or someone else comment on this please cause I'm confused at the moment lol.
Basically that. What I've been thinking all along is that it's very likely she is Wasp. They don't need to include the baby storyline in the movies, could be more like what this guy is saying, Maya just ends up being mad that Tony goes back to Pepper or something.

Mandarin wants to expand his extremis powers which leads to having to shut down all of Extremis. That's the major role of one of the women in the end. I tend to think this guy is legit and a lot closer to the source than I or any of the concepts I've seen. It's just that in the comics when they do the baby thing it'll kind of match up with whatever they chose to go with here for who becomes Masque.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:12 PM   #786
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

yeah... i don't see any baby tony's EVER happening

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 02-26-2013, 02:12 PM   #787
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

that site is just confusing cause everyone is anonymous and like theres' a bunch of numbers like >4555654 and I just get so lost haha. I don't know who's saying what. But hopefully some of this is cleared up once trailer 2 comes out in a few days.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:13 PM   #788
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
yeah... i don't see any baby tony's EVER happening
Why not? Stark has been all about legacy, and a baby seems to be calling back to that. Plus he'd be the first ever hero on the big screen to have a kid. Unless I'm leaving someone out.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #789
T"Challa
Side-Kick

I don't knw man, my gut tells me most of the stuff said there is true. There's a lot of stuff that makes a lot of sense and aligns with the few things we know as fact about the movie.

I don't get why its so hard to believe that Tony would bang Hansen, especially if he believes Pepper to be dead. This is a man who almost died in space fighting off an alien attack, and then gets one his best friends killed (Happy), and then the love of his life captured and killed, his house/ safe haven destroyed, and left to live in isolation for god knows how long. Is it really that crazy to believe he had serious moments of emotional weakness and and that he succumbed to a beautiful woman who really wants him? lol, men have been broken by much less severe circumstances. I don't see how the female fans would revolt at all.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #790
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

I think this Masque/Tony/Pepper thing is too much like what happens between Enchantress/Thor/Sif.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #791
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Why not? Stark has been all about legacy, and a baby seems to be calling back to that. Plus he'd be the first ever hero on the big screen to have a kid. Unless I'm leaving someone out.
Bryan Singer's Superman.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 02-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #792
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

read through all those 'spoilers'... looks like lokiD is on 4chan now

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 02-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #793
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Wasn't Raimi going to have Peter and MJ have a kid in Spider-Man 4?

The only superhero most people want to see with kids in a movie is Sue and Reed of the Fantastic Four.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #794
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
read through all those 'spoilers'... looks like lokiD is on 4chan now
if what Loki has been telling us turns out to be correct, are you going to apologize to him? You're so harsh on him, I mean granted anything we hear that isn't from Marvel directly has to be taken with a huge grain of salt but I highly doubt anything he tells us is just to throw us for a loop. He's being told things and telling us, not making stuff up to get a rise out of people. Maybe the info is wrong but we won't know that til we see the movie or hear it directly from someone involved in the films production.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #795
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Only one I care about is the one about dem rings having powers, that's all I hope is true and it could be alien, magic, extremis, tech whatever just hope they do something.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #796
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
Something I hope is not real or is cut from the movie if it is, is Tony
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Sleeping with Hansen while with Pepper, just not feeling that at all.
and I don't think the audience would like that either.
Who cares, I know many people who aren't into this forced film romance.
Can't have an action franchise without some sort of love interest.

Maybe it happens when Tony thinks she is dead ... one can wish.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 02-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #797
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

It would be realistic. Iron Man is probably one of the most flawed characters in comic history ever, and it would be in character, even if he has evolved. Even in the current books he's still a little sleazy.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #798
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
Who cares, I know many people who aren't into this forced film romance.
Can't have an action franchise without some sort of love interest.

Maybe it happens when Tony thinks she is dead ... one can wish.
Union do you hate the Pepper character as a whole, or just Paltrow as Pepper? I love how you do adamantly want her to be nixed haha

Old 02-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #799
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Even in the current books he's still a little sleazy.
Little .. the man is a player.
He is all about work, knowledge and power .. not love and family.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 02-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #800
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
CBM boss was sent more concept art...looks like the the Heartbreaker
This is the most Awesome MCU Iron Man Armour so far! The Heartbreaker is my new Favourite!

Closed Thread