Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #801
Mr. Stark
Put On The Suit!

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
It would be realistic. Iron Man is probably one of the most flawed characters in comic history ever, and it would be in character, even if he has evolved. Even in the current books he's still a little sleazy.
Couldn't agree more. The most appealing thing about IM in my opinion is his constant moral ambiguity. And as far as it not being in character, I seem to remember him sleeping with Maria Hill and Pepper within the same week in the Dark Reign arc.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #802
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
Union do you hate the Pepper character as a whole, or just Paltrow as Pepper? I love how you do adamantly want her to be nixed haha
I like comic Pepper, this film Pepper and mostly Paltrow just annoys me.
All she's done is moan and whine at Tony, whilst some see her as a "strong business woman" she isn't.

She got lucky, in IM1 she was just his PR talking to him about his books and schedule, then suddenly in IM2 she is in charge and running things WTF!

Paltrow has always comes across as cold and dead. Even trying to make her look all sexy in denim shorts in Avengers was laughable.

Cut this love BS out of the IM films, Tony doesn't need it, its just someone else he has to look after, that ends up distracting him from something more important.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 02-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #803
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
All she's done is moan and whine at Tony, whilst some see her as a "strong business woman" she isn't.

She got lucky, in IM1 she was just his PR talking to him about his books and schedule, then suddenly in IM2 she is in charge and running things WTF!

Paltrow has always comes across as cold and dead. Even trying to make her look all sexy in denim shorts in Avengers was laughable.

Cut this love BS out of the IM films, Tony doesn't need it, its just someone else he has to look after, that ends up distracting him from something more important.
yeah I agree she's sort of a forced character and love interest.. but I guess it's just one of those things you have to have in a set of movies for some people in the audience to have interest in ( a love angle ). Personally I don't think the movies would be drastically different if she was less written into the movies, but she's never bugged me. But from what we have already, she is a big and important part of Tonys life so I don't have a problem with it.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #804
Mr. Stark
Put On The Suit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post

If after Avengers 2 or even Iron Man 3, they pick a new actor and kind of re-invent the series, I personally would love to see a more promiscuous Tony. You can still have Pepper, but keep it as it is in the comics. Pepper was always the one that got away for Tony.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #805
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Here's what he said about who sends that
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
SOS from space.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Stark is directing JARVIS and his mechs (YOU and Dummy) in repairing his legion of badly wrecked armors. JARVIS informs Stark about a coded message emitting from space (Stark mentions right from the start that he has set JARVIS to notify him of any cosmic activity). The message turns out to be an SOS from Star-Lord, in his trademark mask. Stark then tells JARVIS to put together the Space Armor using the metal the Wakandan envoy sent over. The scene ends with Stark flying into space, saying "This time... I'm ready."

When I read that elsewhere my head almost asploded.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #806
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I really hope thats true. I would love to see starlord!!
fantastic advertising for gotg too!!

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, Maze Runner- 8/10
Old 02-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #807
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stark View Post
If after Avengers 2 or even Iron Man 3, they pick a new actor and kind of re-invent the series, I personally would love to see a more promiscuous Tony. You can still have Pepper, but keep it as it is in the comics. Pepper was always the one that got away for Tony.
Indeed.
She is a key character, just not a love interest.
Makes her stronger that Tony can never truly have her, as he normally gets and does whatever he wants.

She is like the Moneypenny to Bond.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 02-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #808
CastlesInTheAir
Banned User

I wonder if Chris Pratt's lost any weight yet. Anyone know what he looks like right now? Last I saw he was pretty chunky.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #809
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

He was just cast, and he loses it pretty quickly.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #810
T"Challa
Side-Kick

I have the utmost faith in Feige and his cronies. They have shown they know what they are doing. Hell, these boys are probably in some basement right now figuring out the post credit scene for Doctor Strange

Old 02-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #811
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

The only rumor that sound's completely Bizarre imo is the "Happy Armor"

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 02-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #812
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
The only rumor that sound's completely Bizarre imo is the "Happy Armor"
yeah it sounds kinda creepy tbh

Old 02-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #813
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Why not? Stark has been all about legacy, and a baby seems to be calling back to that. Plus he'd be the first ever hero on the big screen to have a kid. Unless I'm leaving someone out.
I think having a baby, "Happy Armor", Rescue, on top of your baby mama becoming madame masque and your best friend already being war-machine is beyond over-kill for a film. literally everyone you come into contact with gets an armor or becomes a villain.

it's practically cliche' cheese for a 3rd film of a superhero movie... baby or not. it just pushes it over the edge.. and please, like tony has time to be a father.. and NO tony would make sure he didn't ignore his child like he felt his father did

[=]
Old 02-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #814
Mr. Stark
Put On The Suit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
I have the utmost faith in Feige and his cronies. They have shown they know what they are doing. Hell, these boys are probably in some basement right now figuring out the post credit scene for Doctor Strange
I do too, but I hope the success doesnt bring complacency. Not that I think it will, I just hope it doesnt.

On a side nota not sure what is true and what isnt, but if even half of it is true I'm happy, not only would a lot of these details bring a definitive Iron Man film experience, but I would really love Marvel Phase 2 and 3 to open up the universe as much as possible, while still staying practical obviously.

I would love it if 3 years from now seeing a marvel movie is just like reading a marvel one shot, with characters everyone knows and loves interacting, leading their own individual stories forward, while still progressing the "big picture" for cross over events such as Avengers 2, GotG and such.

Why not introduce the likes of Madame Masque. Set up a villain in a movie that has to be dealt with in a later installment. Its just another way of adding continuity to the whole MCU.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #815
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Yeah find it hard to believe a lot of this. For starters, I doubt they'd let Tony cheat. They won't let him fall of the wagon or do Demon in a Bottle.

They weren't even together in Iron Man 2 and they cut out all the hints of Tony messing around with other women since the test audiences didn't like it.

- CM Punk
Old 02-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #816
Blader5489
CASUAL SEX!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Yeah find it hard to believe a lot of this. For starters, I doubt they'd let Tony cheat. They won't let him fall of the wagon or do Demon in a Bottle.

They weren't even together in Iron Man 2 and they cut out all the hints of Tony messing around with other women since the test audiences didn't like it.
This wouldn't be the final cut. Marvel will probably end up cutting another half out of this.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #817
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post

didn't he sleep with that reporter in the first Iron man film??? It wouldn't be a surprise if he slept with Maya if he presumes Pepper to be dead, seems like a legit reason if they choose to go with that, just my 2 cents

Old 02-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #818
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

TeeKay, yes but Tony was a single playboy type. Now he's in a "committed" relationship.

He was still basically single in Iron Man 2 and they wouldn't let him do Demon in a Bottle or sleep with other women.

I don't think the audience will go with it even if Tony believes Pepper is dead.

- CM Punk
Old 02-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #819
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

yeah.... even me personally would rather of had tony hookup post Pepper in IM2 rather than see him copulate after her death.. that's sorta spitting on her after death.... not going to sit well with the majority

[=]
Old 02-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #820
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

If Pepper breaks up with Tony or something, I don't see what the problem is.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #821
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Pepper leaves Tony for Killian? Why not? I was hoping she'd leave him for Happy, but Favreau probably didn't want a big role in the film. Maybe Killian seduces her and Tony gets too wrapped up with Extremis and starts cheating after Pepper dumps him. All the more reason to bang the hot lab assistant. Why would people complain about this?

Old 02-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #822
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
wasnt popular word that she was ready to leave the franchise anyway? sorta move on?

Old 02-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #823
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
wasnt popular word that she was ready to leave the franchise anyway? sorta move on?
I have no idea, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #824
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
she's not moving if she's given armor and a artificial heart

[=]
Old 02-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #825
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
she's not moving if she's given armor and a artificial heart
True. Just tryin to put two and two together..

on a side note, I said it already today, and I will say it again.

That concept of the heartbreaker armor is just amazing. In terms of visuals, for me, it takes the cake. far and away. I love it, and can't wait to see it on screen. Something about it just blends red and gold unlike other suits prior