The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episodes I - III

View Poll Results: Did you like the "revvelation" of the Clones in the Prequels?
Yes 5 83.33%
No 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2014, 07:04 AM   #1
Lord
All Mighty

Default The revelation of the Clone Wars, are you glad about it?

There had allways been much interest in the Clone Wars, hwoever, when it was revealed that the clones were actually part of the Republic, many seem to have been disapointed.

Many talk about how they allways believed it had been a war against Evil Jedi Clones, or whatever, but honestly, were those ideas really better than what we got? They frankly seem very fan fictiony compared to clones used for war, yeah, the idea of them all being Jango Fett's wasn't very good, but i think the war itself felt more natural than any of the fan theories.

Sure, the writting could have been better handled, but as a whole, i think what we got was much better than what many fans wanted.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:36 AM   #2
HarryOsborn
Side-Kick

Default Re: The revelation of the Clone Wars, are you glad about it?

They were originally all lando clone and it was a more contained affair. A lot go the prequels felt kinda fan fictiony IMO, but I've yet to hear a good fan rendition of the films either. So I guess our expectations hindered our experiences. Everyone has their own "best version" in their head.

HarryOsborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:51 AM   #3
Bim
Side-Kick

I loved the whole clones angle. It never even ocurred to me that by clone wars some thought it was against evil jedi clones LOL. Sorry, but that's just not a good idea at all imo.

I found what they did a lot more interesting. With the clones as part of the Republic it was the perfect setup to bring home the point that the Republic was destroyed inside out. And the fact that the clones were first allies (specially to the jedi) and then simply became enforcers of the Empire. Well, it just shows that ultimately they were also simply used. The bit of humanity they got came from the jedi, whom they turned against. It just all seems so tragic to me.

Plus, i loved Jango so i thought it was cool they made the clones so badass, something that was enhanced by the Clone wars cartoons . They were clones yes, but also individuals. It was fantastic seeing them as such. It just makes Order 66 all the more powerful for me.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:49 PM   #4
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I'm with Bim. I didn't dislike Jango. I disliked the young boba actor. But having Boba, Jango, the Clones and the Stormtroopers all intertwined was intelligent in my opinion.

Evil Jedi Clones wouldve been kinda dumb. But I will agree that the mystery behind "the clone wars" after having seen Ep. IV was quite intriguing before we found out what it truly was.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:39 PM   #5
GothamAlleys
Side-Kick

I was fine with what we've got. I didnt have any preconceived notion as to what Clone Wars were, even thought I did hear a lot from hardcore SW fans that it had something to do with some evil clones created by Palpatine, but it does seem apparent that the name was conceived before the actual event. Its odd that the war between the Republic and the Separatists would be called Clone Wars, just because clones are involved on one side? I would think it would be more fitting if it would be called Civil War

Old 08-17-2014, 03:36 AM   #6
michael1975
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamAlleys View Post
I was fine with what we've got. I didnt have any preconceived notion as to what Clone Wars were, even thought I did hear a lot from hardcore SW fans that it had something to do with some evil clones created by Palpatine, but it does seem apparent that the name was conceived before the actual event. Its odd that the war between the Republic and the Separatists would be called Clone Wars, just because clones are involved on one side? I would think it would be more fitting if it would be called Civil War
I see you're point but I think the title was choosen because of what Yoda says to Obi-Won at the end of Attack of the Clones.

Quote:
Victory? Victory, you say? Master Obi-Wan, not victory. The shroud of the Dark Side has fallen. Begun, the Clone War has!
While I loved the show it would made more sense if they entire series had been told through the eyes of the clones. The last season when they did the story arc that revolved around order 66 and it was told through the eyes of one clone was awesome and made you feel sympathy that they were just pawns and of all the characters in Star Wars they story was the most tragic of all.

My all time favorite story was the one where Ahsoka goes on the run in season 5. I felt by the end of it that it really showed how far off the path the Jedi had fallen. It showed the consequences of the arrogance and there need to follow the code instead of the living force. It showed how in time of need they turned there back on one of there own. Ahsoka had proven her self time and time again not only in her loyality to the order but also in battle. She always stood up for what was right. When she need the order to believe in her the most they turned there back on her and threw her to the wolves. It was one of the best story lines through out the entire run of the series.

My only disappointment was season 6. I felt they wasted to much story line on Jar Jar Binks when that time could been used to tie up some loose ends. I would have loved to have seen what Ahsoka fate was. I would loved to have seen what happen to Darth Maul. Now those two issues I do hope they will go in to in Rebel. My biggest disappointment though was they didn't end it where EP 3 begins. I would have loved to see it end with Obi-Won and Anakin going off to rescue Palaptine from Count Dooku and General Grievous. That was my main disappointment.

michael1975 is offline   Reply With Quote