The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

View Poll Results: Rate the new costume!
Best costume ever! 19 28.36%
Better than TASM's 13 19.40%
On par with TASM's 3 4.48%
Too similar to Raimi's 20 29.85%
Utter crap! 1 1.49%
I won't judge yet... 11 16.42%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 11:12 PM   #51
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
I mean look at it!!!

That is an awful, awful costume. I can't say enough how much I loathe it and pray to Madame Web that they completely retool the costume this go around. It just looks awful. You can see how awful it looks when he is on top of that building at sunrise/sunset. The costume looks so rubbery and the sun/bright light just illuminates the terrible design of the costume. You couldn't notice it in the school fight because he was moving around so fast and the rest of the movie is at night. They didn't even put a web pattern on the body of the costume for F's sake and the mask web pattern isn't even like a spider's web. I really want to know if they were on peyote...seriously.
Well I think this is going pretty far. I think it has room for improvement (which I think was the point), but I wouldn't call it an "awful, awful costume." It doesn't look professional, which is probably what they were going for. A kid took a bunch of materials from his room and stitched it together. Now... this is an awful, awful costume:

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 02-14-2013, 11:19 PM   #52
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
The new lenses are perfect and just flat out a beaut.

People who make the point of it being too professional aren't taking into consideration who we're talking about. Peter Parker has been compared to a young Tony Stark in terms of all around intelligence. That also applies to his artistic abilities. I found it so appropriate that Peter was called "Michelangelo" by Uncle Ben in the first Spider-Man and that Tony is referred to Da Vinci in Iron Man. Both these men weren't just intelligent in the academic sense but also when it came to art.

Peter's intellect is far and wide and that should include a good eye for art. That's why Peter constructing a beautiful costume shouldn't be out of the norm. He's an all around genius (that includes the arts).

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-14-2013, 11:23 PM   #53
Picard Sisko

But in that case we can look at his first suit in TASM as a "prototype" or one of the earlier versions. While he is certainly brilliant, he still is just a teenager. Over time, I would imagine that he would tweak his suit and perfect it.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 02-14-2013, 11:24 PM   #54
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
But in that case we can look at his first suit in TASM as a "prototype" or one of the earlier versions. While he is certainly brilliant, he still is just a teenager. Over time, I would imagine that he would tweak his suit and perfect it.
I don't mind that. He's maturing as are his sensibilities.

The lenses are really indicating that Webb may have created the perfect costume. I know it's still really early but god damn look at those lenses.

They're absolutely beautiful.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Old 02-14-2013, 11:26 PM   #55
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Quote:
Awesome, man. It makes you think. They went with black rims instead of the dark blue. Going classic.
I'd freak if we also got the classic spider logo on his back.. Haha

Old 02-14-2013, 11:27 PM   #56
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post

The lenses are really indicating that Webb may have created the perfect costume. I know it's still really early but god damn look at those lenses.

I know, right?

Old 02-14-2013, 11:28 PM   #57
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Quote:

I feel your admiration..I really do haha. I wanna see the full mask now!! Gah

Old 02-14-2013, 11:36 PM   #58
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

I may just faint (total hyperbole) if it turns out to be something like the one on the left. I mean they already nailed the lenses. If Webb went all out classic then holy crud folks we have ourselves the best costume to ever grace a superhero film ever.

I know I'm coming off as totally hyperbolic but the potential is huge right now. Please don't drop the ball Webb as you're totally on the right path based on the lenses alone.

I know some people liked the costume from TASM but I mean would you really be upset if they made the classic suit in the living flesh? I for one don't think so. It's just too hard to stay mad at something so beautiful.

Quote:
Old 02-14-2013, 11:51 PM   #59
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post
they seem too perfect, i mean they are cool but they seem like a company made them not a highscooler
A highschooler couldn't make the first costume. Who cares about this aspect...I mean really? How Peter makes his costume isn't at all important to the character one bit. Mama Kent couldn't make Superman's costume in the new MoS but I am not going to throw my popcorn at the screen when he just appears with it or she hands him the costume she made for him. A man turned into a giant lizard in the last movie...lets suspend our beliefs about a highschool kid making a great looking costume.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:55 PM   #60
Boom
I got nothin'

Quote:
I may just faint (total hyperbole) if it turns out to be something like the one on the left. I mean they already nailed the lenses. If Webb went all out classic then holy crud folks we have ourselves the best costume to ever grace a superhero film ever.

I know I'm coming off as totally hyperbolic but the potential is huge right now. Please don't drop the ball Webb as you're totally on the right path based on the lenses alone.

I know some people liked the costume from TASM but I mean would you really be upset if they made the classic suit in the living flesh? I for one don't think so. It's just too hard to stay mad at something so beautiful.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 02-14-2013, 11:55 PM   #61
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Look exactly like these.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:19 AM   #62
Mako
Galactic Crusier

So we can believe a teenager a make a pair of webshooters but not a simple pair of Lense Frames?

Old 02-15-2013, 12:27 AM   #63
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post
they seem too perfect, i mean they are cool but they seem like a company made them not a highscooler
That's the reason for the ASM suit. But now we gotta believe he's improved in all aspects of being a crimefighter. Fighting skills, costume functionality, etc. He's getting smarter, he's getting stronger and most importantly, he's getting Spider-Manner.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:41 AM   #64
CashforStash
Baned User (get it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
So we can believe a teenager a make a pair of webshooters but not a simple pair of Lense Frames?
/every "the suit wasn't made by a highschooler" debate

Old 02-15-2013, 12:42 AM   #65
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Wow. Those...are...just...beautiful.

As much as I liked the suit from ASM, these new lenses are perfect. I'm very intrigued to see the design of the suit for ASM2. It'd be cool if they leaned more towards the classic design with some minor changes however I'd be upset if they completely revised everything. Still though, I'm just so in love with these new lenses. Totally stoked to see the rest of the suit.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:45 AM   #66
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:

You know it says a lot about how excellent the design of the lenses are when pretty much every poster on this thread, who have different preferences for their favorite Spider-Man artist (Ditko, Romita, McFarlane, Bagley, etc.), loves it. It's like the costume designer took every single lense design from every incarnation of Spider-Man and distilled it into a single design that everyone would unanimously love. She did her homework.

Seeing that just makes me look even more forward to the rest of the suit. If the costume designer can get that right, imagine how the rest of the suit is going to look.

5-.-2-.-14

Old 02-15-2013, 12:46 AM   #67
Doctor Who
KIDNEYS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goran View Post
I think we'll need this thread very soon

It all starts with a lens...

What do you think?

Love em'!!!!

l

THE LEGEND ENDS

JULY 20TH 2012
Old 02-15-2013, 01:39 AM   #68
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
A highschooler couldn't make the first costume. Who cares about this aspect...I mean really? How Peter makes his costume isn't at all important to the character one bit. Mama Kent couldn't make Superman's costume in the new MoS but I am not going to throw my popcorn at the screen when he just appears with it or she hands him the costume she made for him. A man turned into a giant lizard in the last movie...lets suspend our beliefs about a highschool kid making a great looking costume.
Superman's suit in MoS is alien armor.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:38 AM   #69
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSams50 View Post

I would love if the movie suit was updated to look like this. I'm sure i'm in the minority though
You're not

Ben Reilly's Costume is probably the best Spidey costume to date
If I made a Spider-man movie,I would make the costume 100% like that

Old 02-15-2013, 02:40 AM   #70
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Like the lenses but I need to see them on the costume. I really want them to just start over on the entire costume. I didn't like the material they used or the design. I liked the color of the ASM costume and that was about it. The suit looked rubbery in the first movie and I didn't really like that. It was shiny and it really looked like a basketball. You can look at the Hot Toys movie accurate 1/6 size toy and it just looks awful. The only reason the costume half worked is because it was dark in nearly all the scenes that he was Spider-Man. It hid all the ugly flaws.
Chaseter liked something about the franchise

The end of the world is near

Old 02-15-2013, 02:45 AM   #71
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
You're not

Ben Reilly's Costume is probably the best Spidey costume to date
If I made a Spider-man movie,I would make the costume 100% like that
Nothing beats the classic costume for me. I'm hoping the new webshooters are an updated version of the classic webshooters.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:46 AM   #72
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
I mean it just has so many useless deviations. It's not like the new MoS costume where the design changes are far more aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
You are stating your opinion like a fact
To each his own
I dont see anything too pleasing in the MoS costume

Quote:
There's no rhyme or reason in TASM case. The Asic shoes and the whole track pant business. Awful. The nonsensical blue lines all across the suit. Pointless. The vertical lines on the boots. Terrible. The dollar store material like quality to the texture of the suit. Awful, again. The gloves...need I say more? The omission of the belt. Senseless. Grid pattern instead of web design...

The only good things are the colors, lenses and the elongated torso when it comes to the red portion of his suit. That's it.
The onlythings I didnt like about the costume was the shoes and no belt stripes

And the first time I did notice the shoes was at the end of the movie when he shoots a web towards the screen

The costume is great and majority loved it,and for those who are saying it wont look good in light,the costume looked the best when Spidey was standing on the metlife building in the sunset

Last edited by Spiderdevil; 02-15-2013 at 02:52 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:00 AM   #73
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
You are stating your opinion like a fact
To each his own
I dont see anything too pleasing in the MoS costume
No I'm not. Nowhere in there do I say that what I'm stating is fact. Do I honestly have to write "In my opinion" at the end for you to figure out that it's my opinion that I'm expressing? Not that hard of a concept to grasp.

Quote:
The costume is great and majority loved it,and for those who are saying it wont look good in light,the costume looked the best when Spidey was standing on the metlife building in the sunset
I like how you accuse me of stating my opinion as fact (never did) and go on to make that claim. What magical poll was made that gave you this inclination?

Quote:
Old 02-15-2013, 03:16 AM   #74
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

EDIT: Nevermind

Last edited by Spiderdevil; 02-15-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:30 AM   #75
Nathan

Say whaaa...? I saw nothing but nitpicks and complaints around here when the costume was first revealed.

Closed Thread