The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

View Poll Results: Love interest for Cap
Sharon Carter 86 79.63%
Wasp 3 2.78%
Other 19 17.59%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2013, 04:01 AM   #226
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Steve & Natasha gets a big "YES!" from me. I just hope it's for real and not a misinterpretation of a plot point from set photos.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:04 AM   #227
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Steve & Natasha gets a big "YES!" from me. I just hope it's for real and not a misinterpretation of a plot point from set photos.
Well as you mentioned in the other thread, unless Scarlett and Evans are the type of actors that need to take a few moments of piece before getting into the mood of an kiss scene.lol, then it looks like the kiss is based off of something legit as opposed to being a cover-up kiss.

Well that, and the fact that like every photo that we've seen of Chris on Set has had Scarlett alongside with him, so they're in a lot of scenes together.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:56 AM   #228
Silvermoth
Avenger

I reckon they're just undercover as a couple in love.

It's funny we haven't seen Sharon yet though. You would think she would be perfect in a scene like the ones we saw filming of. Hopefully she hasn't been captured

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #229
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
Has any of the online film trades been as wrong with any of the past Marvel movies as they've been with EVC as "the female lead"?

Again, just because EVC's scenes may be shot entirely away from the eyes of set spies doesn't give any indication how big her role is. She may well be in the majority of the movie for all we know.

IIRC, the trades never called her "the female lead," anyway....just "the love interest." Of course, with these new pics of Steve and Natasha swapping spit, it's clear that she's got competition in that role now.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #230
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Well, if Scarlett is a love interest, this would be the 3rd time her and Evans had an onscreen romance.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #231
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Again, just because EVC's scenes may be shot entirely away from the eyes of set spies doesn't give any indication how big her role is. She may well be in the majority of the movie for all we know.

IIRC, the trades never called her "the female lead," anyway....just "the love interest." Of course, with these new pics of Steve and Natasha swapping spit, it's clear that she's got competition in that role now.
They did, actually.

It's true, we can't really tell what's going on with non-public filming. But it seems Scarlett Johansson is in every scene Steve is in, so she could be the movie's default female lead by virtue of screentime alone.

And I don't know, seems to me like if Sharon was really a love interest/female lead, she'd have shot something in public by now, or that we'd have heard she was on-location in Cleavland or Washington.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:42 PM   #232
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Oh Emily, where are you??

are you even in the film??

ok, ok...

peterparker0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:01 PM   #233
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterparker0077 View Post
Oh Emily, where are you??

are you even in the film??

ok, ok...
That's what I wonder. I remember in Star Trek Nemesis, Wil Wheaton was meant to be in that movie but all his scenes were cut except for a long distance shot of him at a table which was only visible in widescreen format. Maybe EVC's scenes could end up on the cutting room floor if the Russo Bros ultimately don't deem her necessary to the plot and are pressed for time.

At most it seems like she might have a blink-and-you-miss-her part like Amanda Righetti in CA:TFA or Maximilano Hernandez in The Avengers.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #234
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

The location shots only represent a small portion of the movie. There's a *lot* of the movie that has been filmed and has *yet* to be filmed far, far from prying eyes. It's way too early to be writing EVC off.

Old 06-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #235
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

hence the look she gave me if I asked if she was still even in the film... lol

Old 06-13-2013, 10:13 PM   #236
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
The location shots only represent a small portion of the movie. There's a *lot* of the movie that has been filmed and has *yet* to be filmed far, far from prying eyes. It's way too early to be writing EVC off.
It'd be nice to get some sort of indication that EVC is in Cleavland. Even if we don't see her filming or in character.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:44 PM   #237
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
It'd be nice to get some sort of indication that EVC is in Cleavland. Even if we don't see her filming or in character.

I dunno....just read that she's now slated to star in an indie film, The Girl in the Book, and shooting is supposed to start *mid-June.* As in, the next week or two.

Either she's already finished shooting CATWS, or else you might be right after all about the role being marginalized.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:00 AM   #238
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
I dunno....just read that she's now slated to star in an indie film, The Girl in the Book, and shooting is supposed to start *mid-June.* As in, the next week or two.

Either she's already finished shooting CATWS, or else you might be right after all about the role being marginalized.
Man, every time I start to have a little hope for Sharon, it gets squashed.

I start to think that placement of the names in the press release is meaningless, Mackie gives an interview where he says it's a Cap, Widow and Falcon teamup.

I start to think that Mackie was just naming the characters people are familiar with, we're hit with batches of set pics with no Sharon.

I start to think her scenes take place indoors, she tweets she's in the Philippines.

I notice she's back from vacation and think maybe now she'll film something, but she's about to start on another movie instead.

It's just bizarre how long the search for Agent13's actress has been, only for her not to seem to be doing a lot of shooting. Did they rewrite the role last-minute? Did they fire VanCamp and keeping it a secret? Is it meant to be her introduction for Cap3?

Last edited by BullMcGiveny; 06-14-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:12 AM   #239
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Even in Amazing Spider-Man 2, footage of Shailene Woodley's limited scenes were still seen. I don't know if EVC even has as big a role as MJ, which itself seems to be fairly small.

Ben Kingsley was last on the credits for IM3, and although people argued that since he's the Mandarin, that doesn't mean anything, and I would've agreed back then, it did turn out that he also had a very small role. Normally the "and" role is a more prestigious credit. However EVC didn't have the "and" credit which is probably reserved for Redford or SLJ.

I really don't know what has happened. Maybe it is just a cameo introduction. Maybe there wasn't really such a long search but it was either misinformation or just reported incorrectly.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:50 AM   #240
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

We just don't know. All her filming must of wrapped before she left for her vacation. Keep in mind that in the first film, they only filmed with Tommy Lee Jones for 2 weeks, and it feels like he's in the whole move. We also haven't seen much, or anything, of several of the other actors in this film. Much of this film is done on sound stages

Old 06-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #241
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

About the only thing I can say with any kind of confidence about EVC as "Agent 13" is that her scenes (a) have apparently already been shot; (b) have apparently been shot behind closed doors. Which would lead me to believe that "Agent 13" has a very small role (maybe a "surprise" end cameo), and/or has a desk job.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #242
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
About the only thing I can say with any kind of confidence about EVC as "Agent 13" is that her scenes (a) have apparently already been shot; (b) have apparently been shot behind closed doors. Which would lead me to believe that "Agent 13" has a very small role (maybe a "surprise" end cameo), and/or has a desk job.
I don't think it is meant to be a cameo. They would have tried to make it more of a secret, not include it in the press release.

Only thing I can say with a degree of confidence is that she must not be a part of team Cap, as Anthony Mackie started shooting around the same time she stopped.

At a guess, I think most of her scenes will be with Fury and Hill. Probably a smaller supporting role, possibly a desk job as you said.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:26 AM   #243
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Assuming if Black Widow and Steve are romantically involved in WS and that the romance carries over into "The Avengers", I'm curious to see on how the dynamics would play out in the ensemble film since while the romance within the previous Avengers film was kept to an minimal due to Pepper not being in the film as much, it wouldn't be the same with BW, who's part of the team as well.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #244
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Assuming if Black Widow and Steve are romantically involved in WS and that the romance carries over into "The Avengers", I'm curious to see on how the dynamics would play out in the ensemble film since while the romance within the previous Avengers film was kept to an minimal due to Pepper not being in the film as much, it wouldn't be the same with BW, who's part of the team as well.
it'll be awkward like Thor Sif and Jane. lol

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:07 AM   #245
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
it'll be awkward like Thor Sif and Jane. lol
Ah, Thor and Steve...really the two truly lucky ones within the MCU since they're blessed with such beautiful female leads in their lives.lol It doesn't get any better than Sif, Jane, Peggy, and Natasha folks.lol

Old 06-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #246
Ksb36
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Then why did Joss spend valuable time and energy to tell us that BW thought "Love is for children" and then show us her risking her life to save Hawkeye? While most of the posters on this board are men, I know for a fact that most women read the BW/Hawkeye vibe very differently. The female interpretation of women I have talked to has been that BW/Hawkeye were deeply devoted to one another, and in fact, also in love.

Essentially the 'ships in The Avengers were BW/Hawkeye, Thor/Loki and Steve/Tony. I won't believe that this Cap/BW thing is any more than a ruse to evade enemies, until I have cold, hard proof.

Ksb36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #247
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksb36 View Post
Then why did Joss spend valuable time and energy to tell us that BW thought "Love is for children" and then show us her risking her life to save Hawkeye? While most of the posters on this board are men, I know for a fact that most women read the BW/Hawkeye vibe very differently. The female interpretation of women I have talked to has been that BW/Hawkeye were deeply devoted to one another, and in fact, also in love.

Essentially the 'ships in The Avengers were BW/Hawkeye, Thor/Loki and Steve/Tony. I won't believe that this Cap/BW thing is any more than a ruse to evade enemies, until I have cold, hard proof.

I'm a guy, and I definitely got a vibe from Avengers that Widow and Hawkeye were more than just coworkers, too. However, the fact that Hawkeye wasn't invited along to Cap's party in CATWS shows pretty clearly how the studio chooses to minimize that supposed relationship, and Hawkeye's role in the MCU, period.

Hawkeye has every reason to be in this movie. But he's not. And it's a glaring omission, and even more inexplicable than not inviting War Machine to join the Avengers when the cosmic **** hit the fan in New York. But it's a clear choice by the studio, so we have no reason to believe that they're planning to develop Hawkeye and Widow's relationship (real or imagined) further.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #248
Suzanne78
The Winter Smolder

I really think it's too soon to know how big or small EVC's role is in the movie, even with the Cleveland shoot and her vacation in the Philippines. Not that I'm super concerned about her character either way; I'm not so invested in watching a Steve/Sharon relationship on the big screen. I'm kind of interested in whether they may pursue Nat and Steve, but I'm still not entirely convinced they will.

I don't know about Hawkeye/Clint's role within the MCU. I get why they'd leave him out of CA:TWS though; he doesn't have any connections to Bucky's past at all. Natasha, though, gives the movie not only a major kickass female lead but is a direct link to Bucky's past during his WS years, and therefore her role should be extremely relevant to the movie.

Maybe it'll simply be the case that BW/Hawkeye will remain friends. Their relationship in Avengers was too ambiguous for me to know what direction Marvel Studios want to take them in.

For as much flack as people give Marvel that's a pretty freaking great group of filmmakers. Kind of feel spoiled."

--Chewy
Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #249
Ksb36
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Maybe it'll simply be the case that BW/Hawkeye will remain friends. Their relationship in Avengers was too ambiguous for me to know what direction Marvel Studios want to take them in.
Oh, yes, I agree. But wherever they are going, at least if Joss has the power to influence, it won't be a hackneyed love triangle. I most object to the notion that Natasha has to be ANYONE's love interest. Why can't she just be an important, resourceful character in her own right?

These developments are VERY frustrating, because I never in my wildest dreams thought they would try and hook up Cap and BW. Just...ewww.

Ksb36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #250
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Maybe Disney and/or Marvel mandated Cap get with Black Widow .

Maybe the chemistry wasn't there with Van Camp.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote