The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

View Poll Results: Love interest for Cap
Sharon Carter 86 79.63%
Wasp 3 2.78%
Other 19 17.59%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 11:11 PM   #251
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,450
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Maybe Disney and/or Marvel mandated Cap get with Black Widow .

Maybe the chemistry wasn't there with Van Camp.
But that's why they do screen tests? To find out if there is chemistry with the leading man or not?

And even if they suddenly found out the two had no chemistry, then it would have been far more prudent to recast the role with someone else than rewrite a script that previously had lots of Sharon Carter.

It could be that Disney/Marvel mandated Cap get with Black Widow, though.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:22 PM   #252
Hypestyle
Side-Kick
 
Hypestyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 5,938
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Berni should be in the mix for part 2.. Diamondback wouldn't be bad, either.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:28 PM   #253
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 35,918
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
But that's why they do screen tests? To find out if there is chemistry with the leading man or not?

And even if they suddenly found out the two had no chemistry, then it would have been far more prudent to recast the role with someone else than rewrite a script that previously had lots of Sharon Carter.

It could be that Disney/Marvel mandated Cap get with Black Widow, though.
Well we really don't know the role is that small . . . yet.

It could be that they are building up the Agent 13/Sharon character for later and she will become more important later on. Like a Coulson or Dr. Selvig.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:09 AM   #254
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,450
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
Berni should be in the mix for part 2.. Diamondback wouldn't be bad, either.
You know, I feel fairly neutral about Bernie and Rachel.

Natasha, on the other hand, I like a lot.

Yet, I'd haze been completely cool if Bernie or Rachel was the female lead and Agent 13 was the superfelous role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Well we really don't know the role is that small . . . yet.

It could be that they are building up the Agent 13/Sharon character for later and she will become more important later on. Like a Coulson or Dr. Selvig.
Well, we know her role isn't big. She was filming her show at the start of production, took a considerable vacation, and now she's filming another movie in another city. At this point the question is will she be akin to Happy from Iron Man 2, or Christine from Iron Man 2.

Also, they didn't really build up those characters. Selvig has in the Avengers about the same (perhaps less) screentime he did in Thor. Coulson was a character that they brought back because he was unexpectedly popular.

Natasha is all over Captain America 2, she's in every scene Steve is in from what we've seen. This movie will establish her as one of Cap's leading supporting characters.

Barring the unlikely event of Natasha getting her own movie or dying in Avengers 2 or becoming unavailable for some reason, she's going to be in Cap3. Agent 13 might get a larger role, but it won't be by much.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:47 AM   #255
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!
 
Suzanne78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,689
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
You know, I feel fairly neutral about Bernie and Rachel.

Natasha, on the other hand, I like a lot.

Yet, I'd haze been completely cool if Bernie or Rachel was the female lead and Agent 13 was the superfelous role.



Well, we know her role isn't big. She was filming her show at the start of production, took a considerable vacation, and now she's filming another movie in another city. At this point the question is will she be akin to Happy from Iron Man 2, or Christine from Iron Man 2.

Also, they didn't really build up those characters. Selvig has in the Avengers about the same (perhaps less) screentime he did in Thor. Coulson was a character that they brought back because he was unexpectedly popular.

Natasha is all over Captain America 2, she's in every scene Steve is in from what we've seen. This movie will establish her as one of Cap's leading supporting characters.

Barring the unlikely event of Natasha getting her own movie or dying in Avengers 2 or becoming unavailable for some reason, she's going to be in Cap3. Agent 13 might get a larger role, but it won't be by much.
The Hollywood Reporter article I read about EVC's new movie said principal photography starts mid-June, but that doesn't necessarily mean she starts filming then. And we have no idea what other scenes have been filming this entire time simultaneously with the Cleveland shoot.

But I'm also not discounting that BW does have a huge role in this movie. Which is awesome; I just wish that MS deemed a Black Widow worthy of her own film.

__________________
"Joss Whedon, Shane Black, Edgar Wright, James Gunn… For as much flack as people give Marvel that's a pretty freaking great group of filmmakers. Kind of feel spoiled."
--Chewy

Avatar by Kane52630
Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:58 AM   #256
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,450
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But I'm also not discounting that BW does have a huge role in this movie. Which is awesome; I just wish that MS deemed a Black Widow worthy of her own film.
Me too, but she's still got a huge role with plenty of room to shine in the Avengers.

I know there's a lot of valid reasons why Black Widow has a huge role in this movie, but as a fan, I just can't be happy that her having a huge role comes at the cost of another character loosing her own shot.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #257
RetroJoe
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
The Hollywood Reporter article I read about EVC's new movie said principal photography starts mid-June, but that doesn't necessarily mean she starts filming then.
I can confirm that EVC is indeed filming right now in New York. Production on her movie started last week and she's been seen in NYC filming by multiple people. So I think it's safe to say she's done with filming for Cap 2, and given her recent vacation, probably has been done for a while. My guess would be that all of her scenes for Cap 2 were shot in L.A. on sound stages, since that's where she's been for pretty much the entire filming of the movie judging by pap photos of her going back to when filming began.

RetroJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #258
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!
 
Suzanne78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,689
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroJoe View Post
I can confirm that EVC is indeed filming right now in New York. Production on her movie started last week and she's been seen in NYC filming by multiple people. So I think it's safe to say she's done with filming for Cap 2, and given her recent vacation, probably has been done for a while. My guess would be that all of her scenes for Cap 2 were shot in L.A. on sound stages, since that's where she's been for pretty much the entire filming of the movie judging by pap photos of her going back to when filming began.
Thanks

__________________
"Joss Whedon, Shane Black, Edgar Wright, James Gunn… For as much flack as people give Marvel that's a pretty freaking great group of filmmakers. Kind of feel spoiled."
--Chewy

Avatar by Kane52630
Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #259
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,275
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
Berni should be in the mix for part 2.. Diamondback wouldn't be bad, either.

for Bernie, for Diamondback.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:51 AM   #260
Gary Griffith
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 161
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Cap and Natasha

EVC = Carol Danvers (cameo to be increased in Avengers 2)

Could be? Prob not!

















=













0

Gary Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:26 AM   #261
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick
 
Ms. Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: S.W.O.R.D.
Posts: 2,919
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
Berni should be in the mix for part 2.. Diamondback wouldn't be bad, either.
I don't like Cap being with a regular girl. IMO it doesn't suit him.

__________________
HAIL HYDRA
Ms. Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:36 AM   #262
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,450
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Griffith View Post
Cap and Natasha

EVC = Carol Danvers (cameo to be increased in Avengers 2)
EVC is way too young to be Carol.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:38 AM   #263
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,450
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

What are the odds that the reason EVC doesn't seem to have shot much is because she was replaced during filming?

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #264
spideymouse
Side-Kick
 
spideymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,507
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
I don't like Cap being with a regular girl. IMO it doesn't suit him.
I kind of like the idea of him being with a normal girl, or at least of him being with a modern-day girl. I suppose he could be with a modern-day super-powered girl--it could have a similar dynamic to Batman and Wonder Woman coupling in the JL/JLU animated series.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #265
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,041
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

To add fuel to the "EVC has been marginalized/erased from this film" bonfire: in the EW interview with Falcon, EVC isn't mentioned among the cast at all.

I think if she's in this at all, it's a cameo at the end. Something along the lines of Cap meeting a new agent assigned to his team, and he does a double-take when he finds out that she's a relative of Peggy Carter.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #266
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick
 
Ms. Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: S.W.O.R.D.
Posts: 2,919
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
I kind of like the idea of him being with a normal girl, or at least of him being with a modern-day girl. I suppose he could be with a modern-day super-powered girl--it could have a similar dynamic to Batman and Wonder Woman coupling in the JL/JLU animated series.
I don't mean super powered necessarily.
SHIELD agent, vigilante, etc is fine.
So I don't mind Sharon or Diamondback or BW or Peggy. But I would prefer if he doesn't end up with someone like the waitress from TA....or Bernie or Connie.

__________________
HAIL HYDRA
Ms. Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #267
RetroJoe
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
To add fuel to the "EVC has been marginalized/erased from this film" bonfire: in the EW interview with Falcon, EVC isn't mentioned among the cast at all.

I think if she's in this at all, it's a cameo at the end. Something along the lines of Cap meeting a new agent assigned to his team, and he does a double-take when he finds out that she's a relative of Peggy Carter.
"Marginalized" implies the role was big to begin with. I'm not convinced it ever was that big a role. I think some trades just read way too much into her casting and jumped to conclusions. No one actually involved in the production of the movie ever said she played a big part in it. The whole supposedly long casting process might have been because they plan on possibly using her in a bigger capacity in Cap 3.

As far as Agent 13's role in Cap 2, I believe in the original WS story she was abducted by the Winter Soldier. If that's true here as well, it would make sense that we wouldn't really see much of her in the movie. Perhaps we only see her at the start of the movie, getting captured while on assignment, and then Cap ends up rescuing her at the end.

RetroJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #268
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,450
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
To add fuel to the "EVC has been marginalized/erased from this film" bonfire: in the EW interview with Falcon, EVC isn't mentioned among the cast at all.

I think if she's in this at all, it's a cameo at the end. Something along the lines of Cap meeting a new agent assigned to his team, and he does a double-take when he finds out that she's a relative of Peggy Carter.
Would they have announced it, if that was the case? Marvel likes to surprise us, whenever they can. If Sharon was a mere cameo, I don't think they'd have included her at all in the press release, or cast her prior to the movie, for that matter.

I think it's one of two things;

- Sharon WAS to be a major role, but it got whittled down late into pre-production and Natasha was beefed up.
- EVC is no longer playing Sharon. She did a little filming but dropped out, or was fired, and Marvel has cast someone else that they haven't announced.

Alright, alright. #2 is a very long shot.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #269
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 20,617
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroJoe View Post
"Marginalized" implies the role was big to begin with. I'm not convinced it ever was that big a role. I think some trades just read way too much into her casting and jumped to conclusions. No one actually involved in the production of the movie ever said she played a big part in it. The whole supposedly long casting process might have been because they plan on possibly using her in a bigger capacity in Cap 3.

As far as Agent 13's role in Cap 2, I believe in the original WS story she was abducted by the Winter Soldier. If that's true here as well, it would make sense that we wouldn't really see much of her in the movie. Perhaps we only see her at the start of the movie, getting captured while on assignment, and then Cap ends up rescuing her at the end.
Well I suppose if she were captured for the whole movie then all her scenes could have been filmed in a single small room and then spliced up and scattered throughout the movie so that she's appearing every 15 minutes or so for a few seconds but her screen time doesn't amount to much.

But I really don't think it's a big role at all.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #270
spideymouse
Side-Kick
 
spideymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,507
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

I'm thinking it's a desk job.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #271
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,450
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroJoe View Post
"Marginalized" implies the role was big to begin with. I'm not convinced it ever was that big a role.
She's marginalized in comparison to the source.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #272
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,450
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
I'm thinking it's a desk job.
Perhaps, though how many pencil pushers would have a codename such as Agent 13?

It'd be a shame, though. The one time there's a love interest who can go into the field and get involved in the action, and they make her into a pencil pusher.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #273
peterparker0077
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: tampa, fl
Posts: 1,511
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
Perhaps, though how many pencil pushers would have a codename such as Agent 13?

It'd be a shame, though. The one time there's a love interest who can go into the field and get involved in the action, and they make her into a pencil pusher.
My guess is she was investing fury for shield, or was maybe already close with Fury, and she got in too deep and was kid napped when she found out too much about the current state of Shield's infiltration. So, although her part may indeed be small, it will be important... and we won't here the name sharon carter until the end.

peterparker0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #274
CaptainCanada
Shield of the True North
 
CaptainCanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,756
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
What are the odds that the reason EVC doesn't seem to have shot much is because she was replaced during filming?
Very low, given the absence of a replacement.

Given the references to her as just "Agent 13", I think they're going to have her in a smallish part, and then Steve finds out who she is at the end (which is sort of like what the comics did).

CaptainCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #275
Ksb36
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 118
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post
Very low, given the absence of a replacement.
You don't need a replacement. You have Miss Atwell already under contract. She should have been playing Sharon Carter all along. This is why you hire real talent for these films--things can change in a hurry and you need cream of the crop professionals to sell this stuff.

Ksb36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.