The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

View Poll Results: Love interest for Cap
Sharon Carter 86 79.63%
Wasp 3 2.78%
Other 19 17.59%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 03:54 PM   #526
Dasher10
Side-Kick
 
Dasher10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 720
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

I prefer Diamondback.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:25 PM   #527
ericadawn16
Side-Kick
 
ericadawn16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 501
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Actually, in the animated film, Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow, Steve and Natasha have a red haired son named James Rogers. I'm okay with any pairing but for future Captain America films, it does seem easier to have a non-Avenger love interest.

ericadawn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #528
Raiden
The Captain
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 24,437
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
Maybe. But based on everything we've heard, I have some doubts about the "just" portion.
Maybe a love triangle then. Or ScarJo won't return in Cap 3 so Sharon will take over as gf.

__________________
Steve Rogers: "You're my friend"
Winter Soldier: "You're my mission"
Steve Rogers: "Then finish it, because I'm with you 'til the end of the line"
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #529
Frico
Rollins
 
Frico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 8,548
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericadawn16 View Post
Actually, in the animated film, Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow, Steve and Natasha have a red haired son named James Rogers. I'm okay with any pairing but for future Captain America films, it does seem easier to have a non-Avenger love interest.
Didn't Steve and Tasha also hit it off in one of the Ultimate Avengers animated films? I do remember their pairing happening for Next Avengers.

__________________


Clint Barton wasn't exposed to any extraordinary radiation. He has no X-gene, no mystical artifacts, and no bottomless bank account. He has just practiced, every single day.

"Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality." - Bruce Lee
Frico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #530
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 8,548
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frico View Post
Didn't Steve and Tasha also hit it off in one of the Ultimate Avengers animated films? I do remember their pairing happening for Next Avengers.
They were close throughout both UA films, and they kissed at the end of UA 2.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #531
herolee10
Ultimate Hero
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,100
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1











herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #532
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 8,548
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

How does one man go SO UNBELIEVABLY lucky as to be surrounded by SO MANY gorgeous and badass women, I almost hate him for it. Come on Steve, you can't pass up ALL of them.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #533
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 10,908
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
How does one man go SO UNBELIEVABLY lucky as to be surrounded by SO MANY gorgeous and badass women, I almost hate him for it. Come on Steve, you can't pass up ALL of them.
Maybe he only has eyes for Bucky.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #534
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 8,548
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Pity Bucky already has a past with BW, that could get awkward.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #535
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,135
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Pity Bucky already has a past with BW, that could get awkward.
We don't know if that's true in the MCU. Even if it is, it's far more awkward that Bucky tries to kill Natasha in TWS. It would be hard for him to carry off the jilted lover act after that.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #536
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 16,937
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post









You forgot Natalie Dormer.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #537
herolee10
Ultimate Hero
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,100
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
How does one man go SO UNBELIEVABLY lucky as to be surrounded by SO MANY gorgeous and badass women, I almost hate him for it. Come on Steve, you can't pass up ALL of them.
Hell, it's a greater mystery in wondering on how Steve is able to remain a virgin as well from having encountered so many gorgeous and awesome women that have shown more than enough interest in him.lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
We don't know if that's true in the MCU. Even if it is, it's far more awkward that Bucky tries to kill Natasha in TWS. It would be hard for him to carry off the jilted lover act after that.
I agree; if they can ignore the sibling ties between Sif and Heimdell within the MCU, then they could do the same between Black Widow and Winter Soldier in terms of a romantic history.

They could still have history together, but it wouldn't necessarily mean that it was a romantic/physical one.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #538
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 8,548
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Feige has already said that Bucky/Natasha have SOME KIND of shared history. The only question is what kind? Come on Steve, even American patriots needs to have some "fun" from time to time.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #539
herolee10
Ultimate Hero
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,100
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Feige has already said that Bucky/Natasha have SOME KIND of shared history. The only question is what kind? Come on Steve, even American patriots needs to have some "fun" from time to time.
If it's not a romantic/sexual one, then I could it where Natasha has had run ins with the WS, deadly ones, or maybe even that the WS was responsible in training her in the past.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #540
terry78
Smiling is for sellouts
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 58,545
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

****, ScarJo looks nice in that boxing ring shot. Like insanely nice.

__________________
The best leaders never want to be leaders.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #541
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 8,548
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Yes, she looked quite nice in that scene, she ALWAYS looks nice. However, I preferred her look in TA, including the short hair. She looked more professional and badass.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #542
herolee10
Ultimate Hero
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,100
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Honestly, I wonder if they'll even have Steve end up with Sharon at the end of series.

I only say that because look at the situation with Tony and Pepper. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall hearing that the two characters ever got as close in the comics as they are in the films, and they certainly didn't get the same special treatment and emphasis on.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if MCU's version of Thor ends up with Jane simply because of Natalie's current higher star power along with her being Thor's current biggest emotional link to Earth.

So with how prominent both Black Widow and Scarlett is to the fans and the GA, would it really be that surprising if Cap and Natasha actually make it through things?

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #543
Suzanne78
The Winter Smolder
 
Suzanne78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,748
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Maybe he only has eyes for Bucky.
DON'T TEASE ME!!

... I'm hiding out in these forums tonight, as it appears to be the only safe place on the internets from Breaking Bad spoilers.

If anyone posts anything here...

__________________
"Joss Whedon, Shane Black, Edgar Wright, James Gunn

For as much flack as people give Marvel that's a pretty freaking great group of filmmakers. Kind of feel spoiled."

--Chewy
Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #544
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 10,908
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Honestly, I wonder if they'll even have Steve end up with Sharon at the end of series.

I only say that because look at the situation with Tony and Pepper. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall hearing that the two characters ever got as close in the comics as they are in the films, and they certainly didn't get the same special treatment and emphasis on.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if MCU's version of Thor ends up with Jane simply because of Natalie's current higher star power along with her being Thor's current biggest emotional link to Earth.

So with how prominent both Black Widow and Scarlett is to the fans and the GA, would it really be that surprising if Cap and Natasha actually make it through things?
Comic-book Tony definitely didn't have any fling with Pepper Potts. In fact, she wound up marrying Happy Hogan. Er, happily.

And yes, that's an example of Hollywood doing what Hollywood does with male and female leads. A romance is inevitable, like it or not. It's what studios demand, and it's what audiences demand. Regardless of what fanboys/girls may like or dislike about the pairing, a Steve-Natasha hookup is as natural and expected as it gets to the general public.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:07 PM   #545
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,228
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Honestly, I wonder if they'll even have Steve end up with Sharon at the end of series.

I only say that because look at the situation with Tony and Pepper. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall hearing that the two characters ever got as close in the comics as they are in the films, and they certainly didn't get the same special treatment and emphasis on.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if MCU's version of Thor ends up with Jane simply because of Natalie's current higher star power along with her being Thor's current biggest emotional link to Earth.

So with how prominent both Black Widow and Scarlett is to the fans and the GA, would it really be that surprising if Cap and Natasha actually make it through things?
I'm not well versed in the Iron Man mythos, but I believe Tony and Pepper have some romantic history. If only as much as -I believe- Pepper was infatuated with Tony in the comics early years. I think they were a couple in the Heroes Reborn reality, too.

As for Jane Foster, I could see it going either way. She's an established character in the movies played by a well known actress, but as a love interest I don't think she's as well-liked to the degree that Pepper or Peggy are. Plus, Portman is supposedly not keen on the franchise, so TTDW might have the two part ways.

But when it comes to Natasha and Sharon, then yes, I do believe Sharon might not be the love interest in the long run.

And I'd even go as far as saying that Natasha is more likely to hook up with Steve. And I'll go as far as saying that if not Natasha, then someone like Bernie or Rachel is still likelier than Sharon.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:22 PM   #546
herolee10
Ultimate Hero
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,100
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Comic-book Tony definitely didn't have any fling with Pepper Potts. In fact, she wound up marrying Happy Hogan. Er, happily.

And yes, that's an example of Hollywood doing what Hollywood does with male and female leads. A romance is inevitable, like it or not. It's what studios demand, and it's what audiences demand. Regardless of what fanboys/girls may like or dislike about the pairing, a Steve-Natasha hookup is as natural and expected as it gets to the general public.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
I'm not well versed in the Iron Man mythos, but I believe Tony and Pepper have some romantic history. If only as much as -I believe- Pepper was infatuated with Tony in the comics early years. I think they were a couple in the Heroes Reborn reality, too.

As for Jane Foster, I could see it going either way. She's an established character in the movies played by a well known actress, but as a love interest I don't think she's as well-liked to the degree that Pepper or Peggy are. Plus, Portman is supposedly not keen on the franchise, so TTDW might have the two part ways.

But when it comes to Natasha and Sharon, then yes, I do believe Sharon might not be the love interest in the long run.

And I'd even go as far as saying that Natasha is more likely to hook up with Steve. And I'll go as far as saying that if not Natasha, then someone like Bernie or Rachel is still likelier than Sharon.
Oh yeah; I meant my main point with Pepper and Tony was that in the comics, Pepper ended up with Happy and Tony has continued on with his promiscuous ways with other women, but it's completely different for the two within the MCU franchise.

If the heads over at Marvel Studios feel that it'd be better if Steve ended up with Natasha in the long run and that it'd be more profitable for them than pairing him up with Sharon later on, then Sharon being a future love interest might be out of the question.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:22 PM   #547
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 8,548
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Pepper and Tony had romantic tension all throughout Matt Fraction's run, and they slept together while Tony was on the run from Norman Osborn during Dark Reign. He also slept with Maria Hill during Fraction's run, and then Pepper and Maria found out that Tony slept with both of them, it was funny.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #548
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 8,548
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Tony also slept with Gamora during Bendis's GOTG run, but she broke him, it was also funny.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #549
herolee10
Ultimate Hero
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,100
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Out of all of the famous fictional playboys that I know of between Bruce Wayne, Tony Stark, and James Bond, it seems that only Mr. Bond has actually lived up to his playboy persona within the big screen.

Bruce Wayne and Stark on the other hand were domesticated within most of their films.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:18 PM   #550
HamBone
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 20
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Honestly, I wonder if they'll even have Steve end up with Sharon at the end of series.

I only say that because look at the situation with Tony and Pepper. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall hearing that the two characters ever got as close in the comics as they are in the films, and they certainly didn't get the same special treatment and emphasis on.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if MCU's version of Thor ends up with Jane simply because of Natalie's current higher star power along with her being Thor's current biggest emotional link to Earth.

So with how prominent both Black Widow and Scarlett is to the fans and the GA, would it really be that surprising if Cap and Natasha actually make it through things?
In that recent interview that Scarlett Johannson gave she said this, "The pairing is strange on paper, but you'll understand the pairing when you see "Cap 2" and of course Marvel's really good at noticing those connections too! They will continue to build on the different relationships that audiences connect to."

The way I read it is that Marvel Studios will do what they feel the general audience is more likely to respond to than what the comics say. If everything were hearing is true about Natasha's and Steve's relationship, then Sharon doesn't stand a chance with the general audience. Even if Steve and Natasha are not romantic.

HamBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.