The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 07:48 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - - - - - Part 20

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 12-11-2014, 07:48 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - - - - Part 19

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 12-11-2014, 07:48 PM   #3
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - - - - - Part 20

Ya it seems there is significance to all the numbers on the cards. So I wonder if it leads to anything?

"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Old 12-11-2014, 08:02 PM   #4
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - - - - - - Part 21

I hope Finn isn't related to Obi-Wan Kenobi like someone brought up. To me, Obi-Wan had his chance for love but he denied the opportunity with Satine. I can't seem him settling down with anyone on Tattooine and spawning an offspring or a grandchild. I'd rather Finn just be a Stormtrooper who suddenly sees the Empire for what they are and joins our heroes.

As for the other characters, it's hard to tell if Poe will be a BIG character or not. He might be an Ace Rebel Squadron pilot but anything beyond that who knows. I know some rumors had it he was the new owner of the Falcon and was going to be a Lando Calrissian-like character. From the sound of things Dom Gleeson will be Luke's kid; Driver could very well be Han and Leia's son and has turned to the Darkside or been lured to it. Like some have said, they may cherrypick some things from the EU but not completely be beholden to it.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:04 PM   #5
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - - - - - - Part 21

It needs to be said.

User 0bi-Wan is coming across as that SpoilerMan 4chan fraud on TFN.net.

(says he's buddies with SpoilerMan)

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/n...#post-51997159
http://boards.theforce.net/threads/n...#post-51997196

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/t...#post-52018091 (fake screenshot)

Old 12-11-2014, 08:04 PM   #6
Solidus
Kylo Ren

The Kenobi rumor however never said it was HIS offspring, but of the Kenobi descendants. We know nothing of his family that he was pulled away from. If it runs in the family it would not be a surprise.

Some current rumors have said Gleeson is a space pirate of sorts.

"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Old 12-11-2014, 08:05 PM   #7
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
It needs to be said.

User 0bi-Wan is coming across as that SpoilerMan 4chan fraud on TFN.net.

(says he's buddies with SpoilerMan)

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/n...#post-51997159
http://boards.theforce.net/threads/n...#post-51997196

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/t...#post-52018091 (fake screenshot)
Wow...so he was legit? All those rumors he had were awesome too.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:06 PM   #8
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Wow...so he was legit? All those rumors he had were awesome too.
No, he's a fraud.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:13 PM   #9
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Oh I just looked at the other stuff lol. My bad.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:34 PM   #10
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Quote:
(Asked if there was significance to the numbering, Abrams replied: “YES.”) Time to get on that, Bothan spies.
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/12/1...aracter-names/

Since the SHH front page reposted the cards, here's a comparison between the old ones and the new ones (I didn't put this image together):

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 12-11-2014, 08:36 PM   #11
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Interesting that the only one that does not match in color but number is Kylo Ren, wonder what that may mean.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:04 PM   #12
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Quote:
The analysis in the post was my own. He didn't want to say too much, but he & Kathy are really looking for fun ways to share
https://twitter.com/Breznican/status/543152920792145920 (Entertainment Weekly's Anthony Breznican)

Quote:
The numbers on the playing cards have significance. My guess: each is the script page for that particular shot.
https://twitter.com/Breznican/status/543173531207753728

Old 12-11-2014, 09:12 PM   #13
Solidus
Kylo Ren

From all we have heard I am doubting it is script pages.

I have a feeling knowing JJ the numbers may unlock something else we can get. He does love viral stuff.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:17 PM   #14
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Yeah I don't think so either.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:20 PM   #15
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtleFan View Post
I hope Finn isn't related to Obi-Wan Kenobi like someone brought up. To me, Obi-Wan had his chance for love but he denied the opportunity with Satine. I can't seem him settling down with anyone on Tattooine and spawning an offspring or a grandchild. I'd rather Finn just be a Stormtrooper who suddenly sees the Empire for what they are and joins our heroes.

As for the other characters, it's hard to tell if Poe will be a BIG character or not. He might be an Ace Rebel Squadron pilot but anything beyond that who knows. I know some rumors had it he was the new owner of the Falcon and was going to be a Lando Calrissian-like character. From the sound of things Dom Gleeson will be Luke's kid; Driver could very well be Han and Leia's son and has turned to the Darkside or been lured to it. Like some have said, they may cherrypick some things from the EU but not completely be beholden to it.
This would be my ideal scenario. I never was a fan of vast swathes of the EU. But I did love the families they gave Luke, and Leia & Han. So if Gleeson were to be "Ben Skywalker" and Driver and Daisy were the Solo twins (or maybe just siblings) I'd be happy.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:25 PM   #16
Sithborg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
This would be my ideal scenario. I never was a fan of vast swathes of the EU. But I did love the families they gave Luke, and Leia & Han. So if Gleeson were to be "Ben Skywalker" and Driver and Daisy were the Solo twins (or maybe just siblings) I'd be happy.
The families before they started killing them off?

Old 12-11-2014, 09:31 PM   #17
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Cs Funny Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - - - - - - Part 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Interesting that the only one that does not match in color but number is Kylo Ren, wonder what that may mean.
Luke's father was C3PO's father! They're siblings!

Old 12-11-2014, 09:33 PM   #18
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
Luke's father was C3PO's father! They're siblings!

Old 12-11-2014, 09:38 PM   #19
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
The families before they started killing them off?
Well primarily, yeah. But every story needs a good death. Mara Jade's death didn't bother me too much, neither did Anakin or Jacen's.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:48 PM   #20
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Hang on I'm not too bright here. There's a legit source of spoilers from Spoilerman and there's a fake Spoilerman posting fake stuff? Or are they both phony?

Old 12-11-2014, 09:50 PM   #21
Sithborg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Well primarily, yeah. But every story needs a good death. Mara Jade's death didn't bother me too much, neither did Anakin or Jacen's.
Anakin's was good. Jacen's and Mara's, well, I have a few issues with LOTF, especially with one third of the writing team.

Bantha, Kol, Cade, Ania, and Marisiah are cool though. Pity they are pretty much wiped out.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:00 PM   #22
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Hang on I'm not too bright here. There's a legit source of spoilers from Spoilerman and there's a fake Spoilerman posting fake stuff? Or are they both phony?
No. Just a moron with multiple sock puppet accounts across multiple sites playing the internet for fools. SpoilerMan is a fraud. And some evidence suggests that other poster I noted above is the same person perpetrating all this. Lucasfilm's Matt Martin referred to him as the new SuperShadow.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:28 PM   #23
titansupes
Side-Kick

I enjoy all the names.

#my2cents

Old 12-11-2014, 10:59 PM   #24
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Kylo Ren lacks the Darth prefix we've come to expect, so the theories about the Broadsaber wielder being a Sith artifact hunter or a new imperial Inquisitor have some more fuel.

-C.S. Lewis
Old 12-11-2014, 11:11 PM   #25
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Well Darth Vader and all the others have real names too he very well may be a Sith Lord. But it's hard to tell right now.

Closed Thread