The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Old 03-26-2015, 03:36 PM   #1
Taarna
Side-Kick

Default Han Solo to die a noble death?

Harrison Ford never really like Han Solo the character and said he should have died.

Does Han die in the new movie?

Taarna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:44 PM   #2
ThePhantasm
a little short for a

Default Re: Han Solo to die a noble death?

They clone him and then he fights himself, dying after intense Han-to-Han combat

Its the only classy way to end the character

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | The Shadow of the Bat | H.E.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 02:38 AM   #3
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Ford doesn't dislike the character per se, he just thought his arc was complete after ESB and wanted him dead (or still frozen, I guess) by RotJ.

I'm sure he won't go out like a punk in TFA.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:24 AM   #4
Indy1Jones
Indiana Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Ford doesn't dislike the character per se, he just thought his arc was complete after ESB and wanted him dead (or still frozen, I guess) by RotJ.

Yeah that's what he wanted back then.

Indy1Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:26 AM   #5
ThePhantasm
a little short for a

Quote:

Yeah, it would suck if he died like Mace Windu or Jango Fett...

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | The Shadow of the Bat | H.E.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:42 AM   #6
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I'd argue Boba had a "punkier" death than his dad, but yeah, Solo's death should be nothing like those characters'.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:44 AM   #7
MessiahDecoy123
Boo Radley cliche

I'd rather they wait until the end of episode 8 so the death has more weight but I'm pretty sure Ford is going to make ep. 7 his final appearance.

If it must happen now then I hope it's powerful somehow.

Old 03-27-2015, 01:05 PM   #8
Taarna
Side-Kick

Quote:

I'm a huge Ford fan, so please don't throw too many eggs and tomatoes!

Many years ago Ford asked if he would ever play Han Solo again. He said I don't know, and considered Solo to be a narrow character.

In the same interview he was asked if he would play Indiana Jones again. Ford quipped, "In a New York Minute! "

In Fordís mind Indy > Han by a mile.

Harrison can be very honest about things. He never liked Blade Runner John Decker character, even though the movie is considered to be one of the best sci fi movies of all time. In addition Ford admitted he went into the studio " kicking and screaming " to record 14 lines for a narration on the movie. Ford said if he though the director would use them, he would have done a better job.

Ironically enough Ford is on board for another blade runner. Why? There are not a lot of leading roles for men over 70 these days.

Itís only my opinion but I do think he would like to act out Hanís death.

Taarna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 01:26 PM   #9
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Ford did have some issues in the past with it, but he has recently changed his mind. I'm assuming more so after seeing the people behind it gave him faith with it. In his older age he has changed his mind about a lot. For a while he wanted to do only "serious films" I think in his older age he realizes his best roles were not the ones he saw as "serious".

To one of the other posts above, Han dying in VIII would not be more powerful if it happens in TFA. Han is already established no matter when in this trilogy he dies it would be powerful and resonate.

Warning potential massive spoilers:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
As for spoilers, it is pretty much certain he does die. The most reliable source on most TFA stuff MakingStarWars.net now has all the call sheets for TFA. Han is killed near the end of the film by Kylo Ren while he gives the kids time to try and escape. They believe this happens on Ryome (rumored name for the snow forest area we saw Kylo ignite his lightsaber in) They also say that that shot in the teaser is right after he kills Han.

Though not as solid, most signs point to Rey (Kira) and Kylo being siblings so in a way Han is killed by his twisted son. Who "Uber" took as a child from the Jedi Temple that Luke was trying to rebuild and train him in the art of the Dark Side.

"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Solidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:11 PM   #10
Indy1Jones
Indiana Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taarna View Post

Many years ago Ford asked if he would ever play Han Solo again. He said I don't know, and considered Solo to be a narrow character.

In the same interview he was asked if he would play Indiana Jones again. Ford quipped, "In a New York Minute! "

In Fordís mind Indy > Han by a mile.

Harrison can be very honest about things. He never liked Blade Runner John Decker character, even though the movie is considered to be one of the best sci fi movies of all time. In addition Ford admitted he went into the studio " kicking and screaming " to record 14 lines for a narration on the movie. Ford said if he though the director would use them, he would have done a better job.

Ironically enough Ford is on board for another blade runner. Why? There are not a lot of leading roles for men over 70 these days.

Itís only my opinion but I do think he would like to act out Hanís death.
I won't I'm a huge fan too so I see what your saying.

Indy1Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 03:29 PM   #11
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Q: So when you're with a character for six, seven, eight years when you're making the second movie and then the third movie. Do you feel like the character has changed? Do you feel like "oh, I feel like he's more this!" or "I wish I hadn't done that!" or "He's evolved."?

Harrison Ford: No. I don't think that's it. I think what you do is--when we were doing the Indiana Jones movies, for instance--I thought it was important that we bring something new about the character. That was really important about the character to the audience. And that's--and we did. We did that. We did that with introducing my father, with introducing my son. And suddenly the audience was--"there's a whole new stuff here!". And it makes it more interesting I think for an audience.
NERDIST PODCAST: HARRISON FORD (begins shortly after 18 minutes in) (October 30, 2013)

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:12 AM   #12
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taarna View Post

In Ford’s mind Indy > Han by a mile.

It’s only my opinion but I do think he would like to act out Han’s death.
No worries, I'm a big Ford/Solo fan, too.

By 1980 he thought the character had nowhere else to go (which might be considered as "narrow"). Agree or disagree, it's not that he disliked the character, he just thought it was over. With Indy it was more episodic, so his statement makes sense. Liking Indy more than Solo doesn't mean he dislikes the latter.

As for Blade Runner, he said BR2 is the best script he's ever read, so that might be why he's returning. Personally I'm thinking he's full of crap and he's in it for the money, but that's his public explanation for returning so that's that, I guess. Kicking and screaming for the 14 lines was a good thing, cos those lines almost destroyed the entire movie with their pointless exposition. He was protecting what he thought was good about the movie. Guy's a real pro.

Ford also understood that having Solo somewhere in carbonite after ESB was not a proper closure for a cinematic character, so death seemed like an appropriate idea (I agree, btw). So, TFA probably provides an opportunity for him to finally say his goodbyes to a character he might not particularly adore, but understands has impact.

Last edited by Gianakin_; 03-30-2015 at 03:16 AM.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:14 PM   #13
-VisionsVision-
The Vision

I think he will die in TFA.

-VisionsVision- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 03:07 PM   #14
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Will Han get a Force Ghost if he dies or is that only reserved for Jedi?

Old 04-16-2015, 03:28 PM   #15
JackWhite
Third Man

If he dies in TFA it will be too expected. Maybe off him in the sequel.

JackWhite is online now   Reply With Quote