The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #101
dnno1
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 3

I will be honest with you guys, but if I were the producers of the Justice League film I would be doing my best to show that my film and my team (the Justice League) is not a knock off of Marvel's Avengers. I am sure that fans do want to see the cast on the stage (though I doubt that the will have everyone casted by then), but it would look too much like the Avengers.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #102
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
I will be honest with you guys, but if I were the producers of the Justice League film I would be doing my best to show that my film and my team (the Justice League) is not a knock off of Marvel's Avengers. I am sure that fans do want to see the cast on the stage (though I doubt that the will have everyone casted by then), but it would look too much like the Avengers.
I would hope at Comic Con they would probably announce a release date, who's directing, and who would be playing the new Batman/Bruce Wayne and Diana/Wonder Woman. That would be a tad different than how Marvel Studios did it back in 2010...

"Come Think With Us."
Old 02-19-2013, 12:14 AM   #103
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

They need to cast Flash, Batman, and Wonder Woman. If they keep Reynolds, then they already have their Green Lantern along with Superman as well.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #104
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Reynolds was miscast to begin with. He's a decent actor, but he's more Wally than Hal. I'd distance myself from that film. Kyle Rayner was IMO the most popular gl, and Geoff johns love for silver age brought hal back,which isn't bad. An artist with a power ring was a great idea. Even if mos tanks they should take the risk of doing jl and doing justice to the source material. No pun intended

Old 02-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #105
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
I would hope at Comic Con they would probably announce a release date, who's directing, and who would be playing the new Batman/Bruce Wayne and Diana/Wonder Woman. That would be a tad different than how Marvel Studios did it back in 2010...
I would agree with that if Man of Steel has a good opening 3 weeks. If that happens, they you will probably see them announcing the release date, the writer/director/producers (probably the team of the Nolans and Snyder is my bet), Henry Cavil as Superman, and maybe who will be playing Batman and Wonder Woman.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #106
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
Reynolds was miscast to begin with. He's a decent actor, but he's more Wally than Hal. I'd distance myself from that film. Kyle Rayner was IMO the most popular gl, and Geoff johns love for silver age brought hal back,which isn't bad. An artist with a power ring was a great idea. Even if mos tanks they should take the risk of doing jl and doing justice to the source material. No pun intended
Miscast and misdirected. Hal should have been charming but reckless. Reynold's Hal came off as a douche.

I think Kyle Rayner's background origin messes better with Green Lantern's power in terms of story telling. I wish they combined Hal and Kyle the way they did in Superman TAS.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #107
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

So we're all in for MoS now! All or nothing on that opening weekend..big stakes!!

Old 02-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #108
fanboiii
disciple of truth

I was going to see MOS regardless. Some movies I mark as critic-proof. Other movies I turn to favorite critics to help me decide if I should watch.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #109
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

I'm seeing it Day One unless I hear unanimously that it's the biggest turkey of all time.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #110
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
I would agree with that if Man of Steel has a good opening 3 weeks. If that happens, they you will probably see them announcing the release date, the writer/director/producers (probably the team of the Nolans and Snyder is my bet), Henry Cavil as Superman, and maybe who will be playing Batman and Wonder Woman.
That would be nice to see. I think if MOS does especially well, I wouldn't be surprised if they greenlight both a MOS sequel and JL. Either hire a director with a two-picture deal to ensure a consistent tone, or two different directors.

That way, they can take advantage of Superman's revival and milk it for what it's worth. Have each film open within a year of one another -- like the MOS sequel on June 2015 and JL take May/July 2016.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 02-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #111
Frodo
Side-Kick

I actually think MOS doing well will give WB the incentive to shelve JLA for a while and just focus on Superman francise with Nolan/Goyer/ and Snyder in tow. In that respect , I agree with the BOF story . WB really doesn't seem to be in the risk taking biz. They play it overly cautious and with an "if it aint broke , don't fix it" type of attitude. If MOS goes over really well I tend think, WB will take the position of why get side tracked with JLA when we can just milk MOS for a while.

If MOS somehow does SR type numbers then I think they'll come to the conclusion that a JLA film which jump starts all of their properties is the best way to go . Not saying its the right frame of mind but given WB past history its probably the way they'll go. I think any sort of announcement about the next Batman really is wishful thinking at this early at date.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #112
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
They need to cast Flash, Batman, and Wonder Woman. If they keep Reynolds, then they already have their Green Lantern along with Superman as well.
I don't see how they can keep Reynolds, if they are going to incorporate this with MOS. Superman is supposed to be the first alien...unless they say the events in GL happened after MOS?

I dunno, I just don't see Reynolds being in it regardless.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #113
fanboiii
disciple of truth

What if JL is set ~25 years after TDKR?

Damian Wayne as Batman, John Stewart GL

Old 02-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #114
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
I don't see how they can keep Reynolds, if they are going to incorporate this with MOS. Superman is supposed to be the first alien...unless they say the events in GL happened after MOS?

I dunno, I just don't see Reynolds being in it regardless.
Even if they set the GL events after MOS, it would still be a contradiction. GL says Abin Sur was mankind's first contact with aliens and MOS says Superman and Zod were mankind's first contact with aliens. So if WB decides to do a shared universe starting with MOS, Green Lantern will definitely be rebooted.

Quote:
What if JL is set ~25 years after TDKR?

Damian Wayne as Batman, John Stewart GL
Superman would be too old by then and at least 20 years younger than Batman.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #115
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Not if Damian is Batman. Because Damian would hypothetically be 24-25.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #116
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Superman is never too old. He hardly ages.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #117
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Is that an official power he has or just something people speculate/like to include?

Old 02-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #118
fanboiii
disciple of truth

It's more than speculation because it's in comics and cartoons.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #119
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Not to pick a fight but I never read any canon stories in the comics where that is true. I've only seen it in stories that take place in the future DC like Superman Beyond, The Dark Knight Returns, and Kingdom Hearts but those aren't canon. But then again, I don't read a lot of Superman.

Regardless, having Damian Wayne as Batman still wouldn't keep the classic Batman/Superman dynamic the same.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #120
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

DC One Million was the canonical future of the DCU. In that Superman was 851, 000 years old and hadn't aged (but he did turn gold).

Old 02-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #121
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
Superman is never too old. He hardly ages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Is that an official power he has or just something people speculate/like to include?
Quote:
It's more than speculation because it's in comics and cartoons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Not to pick a fight but I never read any canon stories in the comics where that is true. I've only seen it in stories that take place in the future DC like Superman Beyond, The Dark Knight Returns, and Kingdom Hearts but those aren't canon. But then again, I don't read a lot of Superman.

Regardless, having Damian Wayne as Batman still wouldn't keep the classic Batman/Superman dynamic the same.
Back in the Silver Age, it was said by the editors that his birthday is February 29th, which would only occur once every four years, and hence he ages slowly. Nowadays they just have a multiversal crisis every 10 years or so, which basically reboots the universe over, thus Superman stays around the same age.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:58 PM   #122
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Quote:
Miscast and misdirected. Hal should have been charming but reckless. Reynold's Hal came off as a douche.

I think Kyle Rayner's background origin messes better with Green Lantern's power in terms of story telling. I wish they combined Hal and Kyle the way they did in Superman TAS.

Oddly enough the superman tas version of Kyle looked like Ryan Reynolds.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #123
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
Hal "goes missing" and the ring finds John Stewart. Then, in the future if was a huge success, Hal can come back as his version of Paralax, universal genocide, etc. Big battle for the league, plus the added emotion of John and Hal, fear vs will, etc etc.

that would also give Reynolds a chance, with age, to prove his range and play a very serious, menacing role.

But its not necessary to use him, as you can always leave it with "presumed dead" and call it a day.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #124
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

John Stewart is so boring but an architect as a gl makes more sense than maverick from top gun. I like the idea of Hal being the bad guy in a possible future gl movie. Kyle is the gl I grew up with. Not the first but he makes the most sense to me. I'd be ok with Hal but if eion bailey played him.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #125
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Well Hal makes sense because of his willpower to stay in control, but I agree that the creativity angle could be more appealing for a GL story. Perhaps Stewart could be written to convey both.