The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Upcoming Batman Solo Movie

Old 12-23-2015, 02:33 PM   #1
Cobblepot
Giant-Size Man-Thing

Default Death of Robin, Batman 1 a prequel?

My guess for the new Batman is that it's a pre-Superman prequel and that it elaborates more about the "death' of Robin.
That would offcourse mean that Joker is returning. Maybe they make a little time jump to be able to feature Superman, otherwise I can't see how the would show Superman.

Old 12-23-2015, 05:34 PM   #2
KillerWolf
Possibly partially drunk

Default Re: Death of Robin, Batman 1 a prequel?

Well the fact that we already know Robin dies by the Joker kinda kills all the suspense... even if there's more to the movie, it's still large part of it that would work much better if the film came before BvS and SS. I think "Red Hood" story is more likely, when it comes to expanding on death of Robin, though I'm not all that crazy about the idea of "Red Hood" film or any adaptation of already established Batman story. I'd rather if they use the one big advantage previous Batman movies didn't have - Batman universe and rogue gallery being already established with Batman crusading Gotham for twenty years, and do an entirely or mostly original story, moving forward in time.

"At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock."

'Book of Cyril'
Ɉ
KillerWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 05:49 PM   #3
Rorschach2012
$

Highly doubt it's a prequel

My guess is that we are getting flashbacks and that this will be inspired by Under the Red Hood

A cool thing about that storyline is it provides lots of opportunities to showcase different Batman villains in the same story without things being overcrowded

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:52 PM   #4
KillerWolf
Possibly partially drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Highly doubt it's a prequel

My guess is that we are getting flashbacks and that this will be inspired by Under the Red Hood

A cool thing about that storyline is it provides lots of opportunities to showcase different Batman villains in the same story without things being overcrowded
It is a great thing with many storylines, adaptations or original ones and a reason why I love the fact that pretty much entire rogue gallery is already established. It can be like in the comics, one of the bigger villains appearing for a scene or two adding to the clue that sets Batman on course of the main villain of that story. It's not anymore Batman meeting a villain for the first time with every film. Closest to those moments of Bats encountering and arresting a recurring villain was with Scarecrow in Nolan's trilogy, and I loved the fact that Crane was in every film.

"At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock."

'Book of Cyril'
Ɉ
KillerWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 03:19 PM   #5
Cobblepot
Giant-Size Man-Thing

The fact that the Joker kills Robin (or like what happens to Tim in the Batman Beyond movie) would establish the ruthless ness of this new Joker and the sole reason why this Batman has become so bitter. I would love for them to adapt something along these lines in a Batman film. It's also completely different from everything what Marvel has done.

Old 03-13-2016, 08:58 AM   #6
DrMylesOBoogie
Side-Kick

Prequels are pointless. Move the story forward.

DrMylesOBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 12:35 AM   #7
az824
Side-Kick

I like the Red Hood idea, that way you can incorporate some flashbacks while still pushing the movie forward. Also Jason is boss

az824 is offline   Reply With Quote