The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 02-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

Default How Influential Are Secret Societies?

Secret societies are a recent curiosity to me. I think it's pretty clear they exist. Do you think they're pulling the strings?

Old 02-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: How Influential Are Secret Societies?

If they were competent enough to "pull the strings," it wouldn't be pretty clear that they exist as they would be competent enough to hide their existence. It is the same reason I don't believe that aliens crashed in Roswell. Our government isn't smart enough to pull off such a conspiracy.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
Dr. Evil
Gamora

When I think of Secret Societies I think of this:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #4
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
If they were competent enough to "pull the strings," it wouldn't be pretty clear that they exist as they would be competent enough to hide their existence. It is the same reason I don't believe that aliens crashed in Roswell. Our government isn't smart enough to pull off such a conspiracy.
In the present day, they don't really need to hide. Bilderberg Group are well publicized even though no one knows what goes on in their meetings.

Here's a good doc series that isn't all looney paranoia:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Secret societies today seem to operate on a global level and are about finance and privatization.

Last edited by fanboiii; 02-16-2013 at 10:22 PM.
fanboiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #5
Victarion
Cut

What about Grant Morrison and his disinfo group? Wizardcraft to overthrow our scientific advances and all that?

“Evil is nothing but a word, an objectification where no objectification is necessary. Cast aside this notion of some external agency as the source of inconceivable inhumanity – the sad truth is our possession of an innate proclivity towards indifference, towards deliberate denial of mercy, towards disengaging all that is moral within us. But if that is too dire, let’s call it evil. And paint it with fire and venom.”
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #6
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
In the present day, they don't really need to hide. Bilderberg Group are well publicized even though no one knows what goes on in their meetings.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Secret societies today seem to operate on a global level and are about finance and privatization.
Haven't seen the video link, cause the player won't work it seems...cause you entered it wrong.

But yea, clearly places like Bilderberg Group are real. Rather they are evil, I dunno. Probably are. Gary Johnson said Bohemiam Grove is nothing sinister...from what he was told.

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #7
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthemadness View Post
Haven't seen the video link, cause the player won't work it seems...cause you entered it wrong.
No, the link is right. I guess it won't recognize it because it's too long or something.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #8
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

They exist, and they have some influence, but it's somewhat limited.

For the most part, you get what you paid for in a Democracy. Nobody in DC is there because of a secret society. True, it may have helped them get there, but at the end of the day, it's the people who put them there.

Most of the public "secret societies" like the Bilderberg group, are just where already powerful people go to network.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #9
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
They exist, and they have some influence, but it's somewhat limited.

For the most part, you get what you paid for in a Democracy. Nobody in DC is there because of a secret society. True, it may have helped them get there, but at the end of the day, it's the people who put them there.

Most of the public "secret societies" like the Bilderberg group, are just where already powerful people go to network.

Your thoughts on Alex Jones and Mark Dice....?

Old 02-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #10
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum

Personally I worry more about the secrets in the White House or in Congress more than I do about shadowy societies.

Hobgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #11
Holiday
'Bout that action

Quote:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

You just need the part that comes after the "=".

Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #12
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthemadness View Post
Your thoughts on Alex Jones and Mark Dice....?
Alex Jones is certifiable. I'm not familiar with Mark Dice. I will look him up.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #13
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Alex Jones is certifiable. I'm not familiar with Mark Dice. I will look him up.

He has some nice videos where he asks people stuff on the street and what not. He currently has a feud with Alex Jones, he has written several books, he comes across as kinda a d-bag with bit of attitude that may or may not be correct on conspiracies, but he also I believe has dismissed some conspiracies as well.

Alex Jones is...some may say passion, I say he sells fear and does drugs or drinks too much coffee.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:44 PM   #14
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Well, I think when you say America hoaxed the Moon landing, that your credibility goes out the window. And that's without going into his thoughts on 9/11.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #15
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Well, I think when you say America hoaxed the Moon landing, that your credibility goes out the window. And that's without going into his thoughts on 9/11.

Yea...he has other thoughts too. I used to be a 9/11 Truther, but one day I was thinking and honestly, I believe most of what the Govt says happen now. My only issue really is the 3rd building that went down that day.

He doesn't believe in every little thing, say, that Alex Jones believes in.

He has a fairly new video out where he lays into his fans in a way, cause he gets called all these names like 'Mark's a CIA asset' etc, and he defends himself, and I agree with him on some issues.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #16
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

All the ******** in politics makes it hard for me to not believe there's a group working within to advance their own agendas. I don't think it's anything spooky or sinister. They mainly want power for $$$.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #17
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

I believe they call themselves the Democratic and Republican party respectively.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:35 PM   #18
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
I believe they call themselves the Democratic and Republican party respectively.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oh

Old 02-16-2013, 11:41 PM   #19
Baramos
Side-Kick

They're not really secret. Mostly consist of super rich people screwing around doing nonsensical things at various private retreats in between ruling the world.

I'm sure there's a lot of gladhanding, palm greasing, and business agreements going on at these retreats, obviously, but it's about as "secret" as the sun at noonday.

The societies themselves are not influential but they are made up of highly influential people who invariably control various realms of major influence such as politics, business, finance, trade, etc. So they have power in that sense.

Baramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:46 PM   #20
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Like Baramos said, they do have direct influence on what goes on in the world, and they keep it secret because the people that go to those meetings could not speak that honestly and that frankly without media scrutiny.

At the same time, there are smaller secret societies that exist: Freemasonry, Shriners, that operate on a more local level (lots of law enforcement and state govt related bodies) and give perks to their own members.

Midnyte_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:49 AM   #21
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

I doubt the media would rat them out because they're under control. These elite groups basically make up all the rules. They answer to no one except maybe other competing power groups.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:54 AM   #22
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
I doubt the media would rat them out because they're under control. These elite groups basically make up all the rules. They answer to no one except maybe other competing power groups.
The large corporate media groups (i.e. the mainstream media) are apparently directed to be silent on the activities of the Bilderberg group. Which shouldn't be too surprising, since some of the people who own the corporations attend them.

In fact if it wasn't for alternative media, most people would have never heard of the group. So the crazies on the internet do have a point every now and then.

It's rather surreal when there is a Bilderberg group meeting that no one covers it (compared to say how they cover a G8 meeting). If you want conspiracy fodder, there you have it.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #23
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
The large corporate media groups (i.e. the mainstream media) are apparently directed to be silent on the activities of the Bilderberg group. Which shouldn't be too surprising, since some of the people who own the corporations attend them.

In fact if it wasn't for alternative media, most people would have never heard of the group. So the crazies on the internet do have a point every now and then.

It's rather surreal when there is a Bilderberg group meeting that no one covers it (compared to say how they cover a G8 meeting). If you want conspiracy fodder, there you have it.

MSM reports.

I've seen FOX NEWS mention it once, Huffington Post, and I *think* Washtington Times(blog), NYPost, NYTimes.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #24
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

The current British Prime Minister, Chancellor, Mayor Of London and a few other politictians were Members of the Oxford University's Bullingdon Club but I wouldn't call them a secret society. They are more of a rich boy frat house club.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #25
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

Secret society is a bit of a misnomer because it's not that people don't know about them. It's their actions and power that's unknown.