The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #351
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If anything Routh was more like Fleischers Superman.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #352
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
I rather he be great and Shannon or someone else to be underwhelming.
That's impossible. Without seeing a single scene of Shannon's Zod I feel comfortable saying he'd make even C.R's Supes look underwhelming. And im fine with that. IMO the best villains are the ones who overshadow the hero and steal the flick.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #353
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I think it's better for a villain to steal the movie if it's a sequel and the hero has already been established. It was fine for Ledger to steal the movie from Bale because we already bonded with Bale as Batman in Batman Begins.

And what about all the scenes of Cavill when he's not opposite Shannon? He has to have some strong scenes on his own. Maybe he will.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #354
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

I hope they ALL give good performances .
Go ahead,Rock me to my core.
I am easy that way.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #355
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
If anything Routh was more like Fleischers Superman.
I actually preferred Routhís Superman/CK to Reeveís ( - sacrilege, I know). Thatís not to say that Routh is the better actor. But his portrayal was closer to my idea of what the character should be. (So by that standard, I might just love Cavillís approach. )

Old 02-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #356
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Oh yeah so do I. I'd rather they left it alone than tarnish it. Ill be honest I'm shocked that Disney didn't do an animated series though. Not that I'd have watched it mind but you could totally see how they could have done an animated series. Ah well at least we got Megamind from Dreamworks :d
Dude I always thought that too! An animated series would have been great! I'd love a sequel but I agree on waiting for a good idea instead of just doing one for the hell of it. Brad Bird is great.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #357
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

In regards to Poni Boy and The Avengers ,
It may not be that he was lying but that he was given bad info by a source .
I know of at least one case where that happened with The Avengers, and that wasnt Poni Boy, So if one person can be fooled so can another .
Let's not Brand Poni Boy a liar just because he said Cavil garnered some negative reactions at a screening .
After all,if he said the opposite some of us might be defending him right now.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #358
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Well I heard he also said GDT wasn't interested in Heaven Sent only for that to be debunked by GDT himself soon after. Besides, praising Shannon, lot's of action a bit too much CGI? I could tell you that without seeing the flick. I didn't jump on ElMayimbes comment about his unbiased sources saying how dope MOS is and im not jumping on this either. Too early to believe anything, imo.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #359
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I guess the twitter guy's comments give us something to talk about until the next breaking scoop. It is too early to get caught up in the rumored buzz whether it's positive or negative. It's going to be funny when the actual reviews come out though.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #360
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
It's going to be funny when the actual reviews come out though.
I hope it's not like GL. Suddenly the embargo is lifted and BOOM, crap fest all around. Snyder is hated as it is by the critics. MOS might get a lot of undeserved scrutiny and nitpicking from critics who can't get over the Donnerverse.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #361
mohoo
Side-Kick

Acting wise, most superhero films don't show above average performances, and its success doesn't get measured by it.

Imagine if people looked at the Avengers from that angle!

Great acting is always good, but it isn't necessary, especially when a film is about much more than acting, and superhero and action films are the best examples.

I was never disappointed in the acting in any of Snyder's or Nolan's films, so I'm sure it's not going to happen now, not with MoS.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #362
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

But when you say, "Not with MOS"
that implies you have prejudged it to be good .
Good or bad you cannot know until you actually see it .

Old 02-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #363
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
I hope it's not like GL. Suddenly the embargo is lifted and BOOM, crap fest all around. Snyder is hated as it is by the critics. MOS might get a lot of undeserved scrutiny and nitpicking from critics who can't get over the Donnerverse.
People have already positioned it as 'the movie to beat; so it's going to be more far more scrutinized than say Thor: The Dark World

Old 02-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #364
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

I will say this, I'll be surprised if MOS is not Cavill's best performance to date.

Now that may not be saying much to some, but he's obviously going to have put everything he has into this one.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #365
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Tudors will be a tough performance to beat because he played a young man all the way up to his dying days. He also didn't have to put on an accent.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #366
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Honestly, if I enjoy the film but this place is really divided and there is a lot of negative opinion... i'm just not gonna come to the boards anymore.
That's usually how I do when I love a movie that get's divided opinions. Like TDKR for example, I loved visiting forums and such during the lead up but afterwards I kinda stayed away from most discussions. I totally loved it, that's all I needed to know.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #367
dark_b
Side-Kick

poniboy? isnt this the guy from DailyBlam? wasnt he on TMT moviemoan? he doesnt lie

Last edited by dark_b; 02-19-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #368
mohoo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
But when you say, "Not with MOS"
that implies you have prejudged it to be good .
Good or bad you cannot know until you actually see it .
I'm mean that MoS is supposed to be bigger and more important than any of their previous films, it also got its time and more in development. And if their smaller and less important films never been disappointing in this area, I don't see how MoS is expected to be.

And even if the acting is as average (replaceable) as the Avengers and superhero films in general, it's probably isn't going to matter.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #369
Kevin Smith
Banned User

148 minutes sounds great. Man I can't wait!

Old 02-19-2013, 11:08 AM   #370
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
That's usually how I do when I love a movie that get's divided opinions. Like TDKR for example, I loved visiting forums and such during the lead up but afterwards I kinda stayed away from most discussions. I totally loved it, that's all I needed to know.
Same... Well except I never spent much time in the Batboards pre TDKR tbh

I loved the film. But I'm fully aware that not everyone did, and it changes nothing of how I feel about it... I would never bother entering into a debate about it because, tbh, most people's problems with the film are perfectly valid - they just didn't bother me, or spoil the film at all. It was my greatest cinema experiance to date

The only difference with MOS is that it will be slightly dissapointing if it's not well received - because I think we've all been hoping this might improve the general opinion on Superman within the GA. I think we'd all finally like people to 'get' why we love him

But at the end of the day, I've loved Superman in all his incarnations for this long without people 'getting it'. I'm sure I can deal with loving this movie without anyone 'getting it' too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
148 minutes sounds great. Man I can't wait!
Where is that coming from? If true, that's perfect

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 02-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #371
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
I will say this, I'll be surprised if MOS is not Cavill's best performance to date. .

I agree.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #372
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
I agree.
It must kill you to be constrained to not be able to curse every other word, is it not Mr. Smith?

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #373
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
It must kill you to be constrained to not be able to curse every other word, is it not Mr. Smith?
Indeed. It sure as **** ****in is. Mother****er.

Now someone on the imdb page commented that the movie is actually 143 min. I know it's not much of a difference, only by 5 min, but I'm really hoping for the 148. That sounds about perfect. So what's the deal with that?

Old 02-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #374
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Cs Funny Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:

Where is that coming from? If true, that's perfect
From dubious sources. *IMDB*

Old 02-19-2013, 11:30 AM   #375
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Man Of Steel official IMDB page has it listed as being 148 minutes at the top:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770828/

One commentor says "143". So I'm confused which it is. Least the longer time is on the front page at the top. That 143 was just in the comment section...so who knows.

Closed Thread