The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #476
mohoo
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post
And that one is a professional critic... the only one in the room
Then I guess the Avengers is doomed, because it got tens of those.

Oh wait!

Old 02-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #477
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
We're desperate for news so we analyze everything. I do it. I'm wasting time figuring out how many people this guy talked to from the screening.
Oh I'm not trying to come off as I am above it, I talk about MOS pretty much every day, I analyze everything as well. Just hoping we can all keep our cool when the time actually comes. The reactions and in some instances, overeactions, led me to believe I should say something.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #478
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I think one of the problems is this whole process has taken so long. We found out about this film Feb 2010. That's three years ago. We got excited for Dec 2012 and then they pushed it back. Post production is forever. I actually miss the days when they were filming in Plano.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #479
Naite22
Side-Kick

I just visited imdb.com, and saw this running time for MOS:

Technical Specs
Runtime: 148 min
Sound Mix: Dolby Digital | Datasat | SDDS
Color: Color
Aspect Ratio: 2.35 : 1
See full technical specs

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770828/

How reliable is this information? If true, than a 2 HOUR & 28 MINUTE film will be great.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #480
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
It's a good thing I didn't go to a screening. I'd be on here revealing everything.
The problem is the studio would find out and if you were a webmaster, you wouldn't be invited back to another screening. If you worked for the studio, not sure what would happen.

I like the chances that any of us on this forum are going to at least like the film for the most part. Its the general public they really want to please. That's where the money is at.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #481
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
Nothing...some dumbass on Twitter said that it was reported that Henry was the weakest link of the movie and easily replaceable. Just someone flapping their friggin lips and spewing ****
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
Tweets of mixed reactions to a screening saying Cavill's performance was iffy
ah, I see. thanks.

well, I'm not gonna be bothered by one critic's opinion. maybe said critic is not a fan of CB movies or Superman in particular........or maybe he/she really didn't like Cavill's performance.

if, however, it's closer to release and a pattern emerges with more and more critics complaining about Cavill's performance.......THAT'S when I'll start getting worried........

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #482
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naite22 View Post
I just visited imdb.com, and saw this running time for MOS:

Technical Specs
Runtime: 148 min
Sound Mix: Dolby Digital | Datasat | SDDS
Color: Color
Aspect Ratio: 2.35 : 1
See full technical specs

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770828/

How reliable is this information? If true, than a 2 HOUR & 28 MINUTE film will be great.
Tough to say, IMDB is hit or miss.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #483
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I know they can't say stuff. I was actually invited to screen television pilot or pilots. I never went.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #484
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
ah, I see. thanks.

well, I'm not gonna be bothered by one critic's opinion. maybe said critic is not a fan of CB movies or Superman in particular........or maybe he/she really didn't like Cavill's performance.

if, however, it's closer to release and a pattern emerges with more and more critics complaining about Cavill's performance.......THAT'S when I'll start getting worried........
Why would you be worried though?

Old 02-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #485
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Condemning a movie we've been anticipating for 7 yrs, months before it's released?! Unheard of! I'll wait til June to decide. Probably some routhers that are just mad he didn't get the job.

I do like how people are freaking out/over analyzing dreams of seeing the movie.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #486
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
Condemning a movie we've been anticipating for 7 yrs, months before it's released?! Unheard of! I'll wait til June to decide. Probably some routhers that are just mad he didn't get the job.
That or somebody just didn't love what they saw.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #487
Naite22
Side-Kick

I was wondering. What's the point of all these advanced secretive screenings, months and months before a movie opens, if they can't express their true feelings about the film (without spoiling any real story details of course) ??? Why do they have these screenings, if those who's seen it, can't say jack-**** about it anyways? Why not just wait than?

Old 02-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #488
STARMAN
Side-Kick

The Poni Boy guy didn't go out of his way to bash Cavill. He started off by saying lots of praise for Shannon and Crowe. Someone asked about Cavill and he passed along what he heard. If someone was underwhelmed by Cavill then they should say it. I don't have a problem with that. I was a little surprised he didn't have anything to say about Lois when Connor-el asked him.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:06 PM   #489
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naite22 View Post
I was wondering. What's the point of all these advanced secretive screenings, months and months before a movie opens, if they can't express their true feelings about the film (without spoiling any real story details of course) ??? Why do they have these screenings, if those who's seen it, can't say jack-**** about it anyways? Why not just wait than?
It's mostly for cast, crew, studio, and sometimes critics or reporters to get together to watch something that has been worked on for many months in the case of Friends and Family Screening.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #490
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
The Poni Boy guy didn't go out of his way to bash Cavill. He started off by saying lots of praise for Shannon and Crowe. Someone asked about Cavill and he passed along what he heard. If someone was underwhelmed by Cavill then they should say it. I don't have a problem with that. I was a little surprised he didn't have anything to say about Lois when Connor-el asked him.
There is a lot more he didn't say out loud, he has a good amount of privileged information and was very calculated in what he did say.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #491
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Why would you be worried though?
well, if the early reviews or impressions start coming out, and one thing that's consistent across all of them is that Cavill's performance as Superman is a bit "weak," that that would be a bit concerning. He is, after all, the main character of the movie.

and if that complaint is consistent among the reviews, that means it's more than just an isolated critic's opinion here and there. it suggests that there really could be something about Cavill's performance that the early reviewers are finding fault with.

again, this is all just speculation. we are not at that point yet. and of course, I will have to form my own opinion.

but I really want Cavill to knock it out of the park in his portrayal of Superman.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #492
STARMAN
Side-Kick

It's ironic. Goverment secrets leak out but not MOS.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:22 PM   #493
FilmNerdJamie
Magneto was right!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Tough to say, IMDB is hit or miss.
They mumble too much.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:28 PM   #494
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Could it be that because Superman is generally subdued, that the critic is complaining for representing a generally patient character?

I am not saying this movie shouldn't be criticized. It should be criticized for the right reasons.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #495
sup101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by king666 View Post
Ewoud84 (VFX artist, worked on MOS):

"Without spoiling anything, I'm probbably the biggest #Superman fan inside the walls of @dneg and I'm real happy with #MoS"
Nobody in here responded to this.What if he said, I'm a superman fan, but MOS don't look good.This place would be in a blaze.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #496
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Well again, he worked on Man Of Steel. I believe he actually liked it based on the above, but what's he going to say if he didn't?

Old 02-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #497
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
Nobody in here responded to this.What if he said, I'm a superman fan, but MOS don't look good.This place would be in a blaze.
Well, it's hard for people not to be positive about something they worked on. After having put so much time and energy into something, a person likes to think it was to make something great. People are rightly putting emphasis on the critic's reaction because there's a greater likelihood that she judged the film objectively. The VFX Artist is too close to the movie to be objective.

Last edited by DKDetective; 02-19-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #498
STARMAN
Side-Kick

He would either give it false praise or say nothing. He can't go on twitter and say it stinks and expect to work on another big WB film.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #499
FilmNerdJamie
Magneto was right!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
He would either give it false praise or say nothing. He can't go on twitter and say it stinks and expect to work on another big WB film.
And bingo was his name-o.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #500
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
Well, it's hard for people not to be positive about something they worked on. After having put so much time and energy into something, a person likes to think it was to make something great. People are rightly putting emphasis on the critic's reaction because there's a greatly likelihood that she judged the film objectively. The VFX Artist is too close to the movie to be objective.
Bingo. Although it is only one critic, when you weigh both of them against each other. Critic for me. That being said, it is only one critic.

Quote:
Right exactly, again, doesn't mean he isn't being sincere.

Closed Thread