The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 01:05 AM   #526
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
I'm wondering with the positive buzz with WB being happy with the finished product... why haven't they secured a writer to pen a sequel yet? I know they had a shortlist of writers they planned on offering around November 2011 (which included Travis Beacham, Lawrence Kasdan and Steve Kloves)... but no deal?

Usually, WB usually gets a screenwriter to start writing a few months prior to the film's release in the case it's a hit. That way they can get moving on a sequel asap, and get production moving more quickly.
heck, I'm wondering why we haven't heard anything about Warner Bros. trying to get Terrific Trio: Snyder, Goyer, and Nolan, back on board for the sequel asap.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:14 AM   #527
Astrodust
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
heck, I'm wondering why we haven't heard anything about Warner Bros. trying to get Terrific Trio: Snyder, Goyer, and Nolan, back on board for the sequel asap.
Probably because the film has not made any money yet.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:14 AM   #528
Binker
Side-Kick

It's been revealed that MOS is 2 hours and 28 mins (148 minutes) long; 5 minutes longer than Superman: The Movie, and 6 minutes shorter than Superman Returns. What do you guys think of the running time?

Last edited by Binker; 02-20-2013 at 01:39 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:18 AM   #529
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Where was it revealed? If true then I think that's pretty good.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-20-2013, 01:21 AM   #530
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

WB probably isnt moving on a sequel just yet because They jumped the gun on Announcing a Green Lantern sequel and that has not happened yet,
So they are probably waiting until they have both a financial and critical success .
It is caution borne out of experience Not out of fear that they have another bomb on their hands.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:25 AM   #531
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrodust View Post
Roger Ebert criticized the casting of Routh and said he lacked charisma. Ebert may be old but he is still one of the most influential critics.
Yeah, but did people value his opinion when he said he thought GL movie was just as good as Thor ?

Old 02-20-2013, 01:31 AM   #532
sup101
Side-Kick

2 hours and 28 mins Is 5 minutes longer then superman: The movie and 6 minutes shorter then returns.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:40 AM   #533
Binker
Side-Kick

Yeah, fixed that

Old 02-20-2013, 01:46 AM   #534
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Man of Steel: 148 minutes ?

for comparison -

batman begins runtime: 141 minutes

the dark knight runtime: 153 minutes

the dark knight rises runtime: 165 minutes

superman returns runtime: 154 minutes

watchmen runtime: 162 minutes

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 02-20-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:47 AM   #535
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

I hope it turns out to be true. That's a good origin run time right dere.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-20-2013, 01:58 AM   #536
Jwmakoto
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Man of Steel: 148 minutes ?

for comparison -

watchmen runtime: 215 minutes

Just to nitpick, Watchmen theatrical was 162 minutes.

I'd be pretty happy with 148 minutes as well, though.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:01 AM   #537
UaalaDan
Banned User

That's an amazing runtime. I actually thought DKR and SR were too long.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:04 AM   #538
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Didnt know SR was that long. Curious.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:13 AM   #539
Astrodust
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, but did people value his opinion when he said he thought GL movie was just as good as Thor ?
I never read either review of those films but while GL short and underwhelming, I didn't think Thor was that great either. My problem with Thor was that he was very unlikable. We were suppose to cheer for him cause he was the hero I guess but I didn't buy into his coming of age story at all.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:22 AM   #540
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Yeah, Thor wasnt much better than GL imo. They were both pretty weak regardless of popularity and fanboyism.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:30 AM   #541
sup101
Side-Kick

I know krypton will look good.I hope it don't look like a cgi mess.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:31 AM   #542
Binker
Side-Kick

The running time news was from both the Superman: Man of Steel FB page:
http://www.facebook.com/Superman.in.2013

And comic book.com:
http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/02/20...time-revealed/

Old 02-20-2013, 02:37 AM   #543
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
I know krypton will look good.I hope it don't look like a cgi mess.
How can you know and hope for the same thing? It's kinda like going to the convenience store and buying a Snickers bar and saying "I'm going to buy this Snickers bar, I hope it's not a Mounds!"

You either KNOW Krypton will look fantastic or you've got your fingers crossed and hoping for the best...

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-20-2013, 02:40 AM   #544
sup101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
How can you know and hope for the same thing? It's kinda like going to the convenience store and buying a Snickers bar and saying "I'm going to buy this Snickers bar, I hope it's not a Mounds!"

You either KNOW Krypton will look fantastic or you've got your fingers crossed and hoping for the best...
Because if it's a cgi mess it will still look good lol.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:43 AM   #545
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
Because if it's a cgi mess it will still look good lol.
Hahaha...I hope you're right. I want everything to look as real as possible. I don't want to be able to tell the difference

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-20-2013, 03:14 AM   #546
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
A big part of a Superman performance is screen presence. In my mind you have to appear onscrean and capture everyone's attention. Not with over the top thespian acting. But through sheer presence. I think that's what helped Chris Reeve. Even when he wasn't saying anything in a scene you were aware of his presence. Cavill doesn't need to match Shannon and Crowe. But he can't be swallowed up by them either.
Indeed screen presence. Reeve got it and made people believe in him so effortlessly. Cavill, not so sure. At least Iím not sold on him yet. I still think Routh has a better screen presence than him as the Man of Steel.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
Old 02-20-2013, 03:46 AM   #547
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Routh did well in negative role the movie "Scott Pilgrim Vs the world", and his acting is improving. (IMO.) and I agree that he has better physical presence but Cavill has a bit more charismatic personality, whether this is reflected in MOS is a different matter.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:52 AM   #548
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:

Routh did well in negative role the movie "Scott Pilgrim Vs the world", and his acting is improving. (IMO.) and I agree that he has better physical presence but Cavill has a bit more charismatic personality, whether this is reflected in MOS is a different matter.
Agreed.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:56 AM   #549
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Funny thing is that before the twist in Chuck, his character was pretty Supermany to me.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:56 AM   #550
sf2
Side-Kick

I remember SR got 100% possible reviews by critics right before the movie was released. we were so excited. however it was said that they were paid to write possible reviews.
then slowly the negative reviews kicked in. and we went to watch the movie...

hopefully MOS and Cavill can do superman justice.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
Closed Thread