The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 03:47 AM   #776
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I think his career would've been pretty much the same. Bale's said himself he prefers to do independent movies to big blockbusters and he's done a ton of independents still. Maybe he might not have done Terminator but I reckon he'd have still done films like the Fighter.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:48 AM   #777
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
I never said exactly the same. I believe his talents would've gotten him similar roles to showcase his talents. Sure being Batman gives him his choice of more mainstream/bigger movies but he's not interested in doing just those roles.
In this case, "exactly" is really a superfluous modifier, since "same" is defined as being identical with what is about to be or has just been mentioned.

And you definitely said that "his career trajectory would've been the same." You didn't say "about the same" or "roughly the same;" you said "the same," without exception. So it seems to me that you really meant "similar" when you said "same."

But how similar would his career have been, really? This is why I asked you what you meant by "career trajectory" and its measurement, because if you measure one's career by popularity or by number of significant roles, then clearly Bale's career trajectory would have been very different. He would not be nearly as recognizable and popular, and his largest role would have been smaller than Batman, for sure.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:00 AM   #778
Simo
Side-Kick

Not sure if this was ever posted or discussed but has anyone noticed how the official synopsis is different on Xbox Live for Trailer #2 under their videos section? I managed to track it down via Xbox.com:
Quote:
Born on the alien planet of Krypton, Kal-El is sent by his parents to live on planet Earth, where he is given the name Clark by kindly farmer Jonathan Kent (Kevin Costner) and his wife, Martha (Diane Lane), who raise him as if he were their own son. Clark (Henry Cavill) becomes a reporter for the Metropolis newspaper "The Daily Planet," and strikes up a friendship with crackerjack journalist Lois Lane (Amy Adams). But when his new world is attacked by a force that humans are powerless to defend themselves against, Clark assumes the identity of Superman and fights to protect the entire human race.
Just thought it was interesting as I remember there was some talk and speculation from users here that we may not see Clark become a reporter for the Daily Planet till the end of the movie etc.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:10 AM   #779
titansupes
Side-Kick

Very interesting. I didn't think we would see him work at the DP before the end of the movie.

I can't help but notice no description talks about the DESTRUCTION of Krypton. They never call it the 'Doomed planet Krypton'. If that planet isn't blown the **** up as it should be, I'm going to be mad.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:03 AM   #780
bizarroelaine
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
Very interesting. I didn't think we would see him work at the DP before the end of the movie.

I can't help but notice no description talks about the DESTRUCTION of Krypton. They never call it the 'Doomed planet Krypton'. If that planet isn't blown the **** up as it should be, I'm going to be mad.
the synopsis given by a large australian cinema chain does -

A young journalist raised by his adoptive parents after he was transported to Earth in infancy from the dying planet of Krypton finds himself in the position to save humankind after Earth is attacked

plus the first wb synopsis said clark is a young twenty something journalist so i really do think we will see dp clark before the end

Old 02-21-2013, 07:03 AM   #781
GreenKToo
In the fire

didn't JJ's script have Krypton not blowing up??? not saying that this krypton won't be destroyed, but they do seem to be using different ideas from past attempts.....maybe its something like the surface is destroyed but the planet itself doesnt break up.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:21 AM   #782
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Yeah it did and it sucked lol both drafts of that script I read were terrible.

I think the planet will explode, tbh the planet not blowing up is a really bad idea as they'd have next to no reason to send their son to Earth.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #783
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Not sure if this was ever posted or discussed but has anyone noticed how the official synopsis is different on Xbox Live for Trailer #2 under their videos section? I managed to track it down via Xbox.com:
Just thought it was interesting as I remember there was some talk and speculation from users here that we may not see Clark become a reporter for the Daily Planet till the end of the movie etc.
How official is that though? I mean, did someone at Xbox Live write it?

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 02-21-2013, 07:48 AM   #784
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Yeah it did and it sucked lol both drafts of that [JJ Abrams] script I read were terrible.
I had a couple of issues with Abrams' 2nd draft - but it wasn’t bad at all. If you want to talk "terrible," that would be Strick’s Superman Lives screenplay.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:00 AM   #785
Coca Cola Duracell Franklin.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hahaha, people like that kill me.

Why would they bother to get Laurence Fishburne and Amy Adams to be in the movie if it's only going to be for the last ten minutes?

Having Clark walk into the Daily Planet and asking for a job application would be rather anticlimactic.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #786
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coca Cola Duracell Franklin. View Post
Hahaha, people like that kill me.

Why would they bother to get Laurence Fishburne and Amy Adams to be in the movie if it's only going to be for the last ten minutes?

Having Clark walk into the Daily Planet and asking for a job application would be rather anticlimactic.
Think of it Man of Steel/Earth One style. They're part of Lois' plot, but then Clark shows up at the end with the story of the century: the exclusive story on Superman.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Old 02-21-2013, 09:14 AM   #787
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
I had a couple of issues with Abrams' 2nd draft - but it wasn’t bad at all. If you want to talk "terrible," that would be Strick’s Superman Lives screenplay.
Oh its not the worst I've read by any means at all but it had some ridiculous things in it, I also hated the ending where he goes back to Krypton.

Never read Stricks, read Kevin Smiths which wasn't a bad read but not really great and Dan Gilroys which for the first half was fairly decent. I heard Stricks was abit extreme. Batman vs Superman wasn't too bad but did need work. My favourite script not made though was Cary Bates Superman Reborn where he ends in the bottled City of Kandor. I quite liked that.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #788
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

How many of these unproduced scripts are available online?

Old 02-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #789
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

JJ Abrams 2nd draft of Superman FlyBy, Kevin Smith's Superman Lives, Strick's Script.

Others I don't know, you can find the scripts I mentioned over at Superman Homepage site.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:22 AM   #790
GreenKToo
In the fire

I really hope his first reveal is caused by something other than zod. If thats the case, ( and it appears to be ) then its no wonder the military attacks supes as well. In their minds, he is just like the ones causing the harm.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #791
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:

I saw that a while back and posted it here...did make me think about how the movie will play out

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #792
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
Oh its not the worst I've read by any means at all but it had some ridiculous things in it, I also hated the ending where he goes back to Krypton.

Never read Stricks, read Kevin Smiths which wasn't a bad read but not really great and Dan Gilroys which for the first half was fairly decent. I heard Stricks was abit extreme. Batman vs Superman wasn't too bad but did need work. My favourite script not made though was Cary Bates Superman Reborn where he ends in the bottled City of Kandor. I quite liked that.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #793
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Flyby had aweosme Fightscenes and an awesome potrayal of Kryptonina Mythology.MOs is taking inspiration from this elements so Im quite pleased

Old 02-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #794
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
He took a long break after doing 16+hr days for most of the 10 years he was on Smallville, but is now filming Parkland, a Tom Hanks produced JFK film

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...-parkland.html
And how big a role does he play in that film? I don't even see a character listed for him anywhere.

The guy doesn't appear to have much going on right now. I'm not running him down, I'm just pointing out that avoiding wearing a Superman costume didn't really seem to help him.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 02-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #795
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
Think of it Man of Steel/Earth One style. They're part of Lois' plot, but then Clark shows up at the end with the story of the century: the exclusive story on Superman.
That's something we don't see much. Clark being Lois's peer as a journalist.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:23 AM   #796
JimJimBinks
A friend

Something I would love to see in Man of Steel... A robot or two in the Fortress of Solitude. I don't think we will, because we would have seen toys for them by now.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #797
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

We never see much of clark being a journalist at all

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Old 02-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #798
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
We never see much of clark being a journalist at all
This is true, but as Iron Man 2 showed, having a Superhero movie with a bunch of press conferences and keynotes in it is a bad idea.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #799
Torrente
Side-Kick

I don't know what kind of reporter Clark will be at least in MOS since as seen in
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
set shots and the comic con trailer he wears jeans, sporty long sleeve shirt with a tie and a messenger bag

I would assume his role as a reporter will be one of a rookie trying to climb that "corporate" latter, just a thought...

Old 02-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #800
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
JJ Abrams 2nd draft of Superman FlyBy, Kevin Smith's Superman Lives, Strick's Script.

Others I don't know, you can find the scripts I mentioned over at Superman Homepage site.
The Abrams 1st draft is also online, which is (expletive) amazing 90% of the time. Whenever I need my Superman fix, it's one of my top choices. The 2nd one was a big step down, but it did have one thing I loved - A montage to Sinatra's "Fly me to the moon" right after Superman and Lois's romantic flight through the city, during which he lays her atop a skyscraper antenna and gently spins her around like a music box ballerina.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Closed Thread