The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #801
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrente View Post
I would assume his role as a reporter will be one of a rookie trying to climb that "corporate" latter, just a thought...
That's basically anyone newly hired.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #802
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anybody here consider it a dealbreaker if Krypton doesnt explode in this film?

Old 02-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #803
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
Anybody here consider it a deal breaker if Krypton doesnt explode in this film?
No, because regardless if the planet explodes or not the entire thing is getting destroyed. If all life is wiped out but the planet remains that doesn't bother me one bit. In fact that would make for a poignant scene in the future if Superman ever visits it.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Avvy by Kane

Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #804
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
Anybody here consider it a dealbreaker if Krypton doesnt explode in this film?
Yes. 1) It's one of the defining, core elements of the character. 2) It makes for an incredible visual. 3) There is no good reason for it not exploding.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Old 02-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #805
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I wouldn't be happy if Krypton didn't explode but if there is a good reason it doesn't then fine I'll buy it. I hated the way they did things in the Flyby script though.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #806
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

In all likelihood though the planet is going boom. I mean just look at this:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Then again if the planet is completely ravaged and not one bit of life is a left then that to me gives more or less the same impact.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Avvy by Kane

Old 02-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #807
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

It'd bother me because it'd either mean no kryptonite whatsoever, or some other explanation for where it comes from.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #808
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

I think Stereo D is one of the 3D post-conversion companies WB hired for Man of Steel. They don't mention the film explicitly, but they say they "have created the 3D imagery for virtually all of the big live-action releases hitting theaters in 2013."

http://www.stereodllc.com/press/media/big_picture.php

Nice. Their work on The Avengers and Titanic was really, really good.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 02-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #809
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post

Then again if the planet is completely ravaged and not one bit of life is a left then that to me gives more or less the same impact.
You know, until you just pointed that out, I thought that was a shot from Metropolis. Definitely Krypton though, wow.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #810
elgaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
And how big a role does he play in that film? I don't even see a character listed for him anywhere.

The guy doesn't appear to have much going on right now. I'm not running him down, I'm just pointing out that avoiding wearing a Superman costume didn't really seem to help him.
A fairly big role by the look of things, he's playing agent Roy Kellerman who was in the car with JFK when he was shot and who basically took control of things from that point right up until the president's body was returned to the White house.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #811
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Doh Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:

I always thought that shot looked odd, though it looks cool.

How can anyone stand and watch the planet's surface blowing up ? I mean the massive quakes and explosions would make you lose your balance and fall, no way anyone can keep standing.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #812
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
It'd bother me because it'd either mean no kryptonite whatsoever, or some other explanation for where it comes from.
This is true, too. Great point.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Old 02-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #813
Rowsdower!
Cal Kzing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post

How can anyone stand and watch the planet's surface blowing up ? I mean the massive quakes and explosions would make you lose your balance and fall, no way anyone can keep standing.
I'm not totally sure that's a shot of the planet being destroyed there. Though I don't know exactly what is going on.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #814
HankTheTurtle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post

It depends how Krypton gets destroyed. If there's one major event, it stands to reason that the destruction would radiate outward from a central point. If that's the case, it would be perfectly reasonable for someone to be able to watch the wave of destruction travel towards them.

Also, it's a movie and that looks cooler than having her stumbling around during an earthquake.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #815
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
No, because regardless if the planet explodes or not the entire thing is getting destroyed. If all life is wiped out but the planet remains that doesn't bother me one bit. In fact that would make for a poignant scene in the future if Superman ever visits it.
But....if it doesn't explode....there will be no Kryptonite.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #816
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
I hadn't thought about that.

It's probably going to blow up then. The shot of Lara staring off into everything blowing up should indicate that Krypton is a goner.

Quote:
Avvy by Kane

Old 02-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #817
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:

You know, I wonder if
Zod is causing this. perhaps he is using the same beam he used against metropolis in the trailer we saw? this looks similar to that shot. maybe he was in prison, escaped, and this is his revenge.

It's not likely, but it does make me wonder.

Last edited by GreenKToo; 02-21-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #818
fanboiii
disciple of truth

I'm not sure that shot is of Krypton's destruction either. Could be a war on Krypton. I would think Lara and Jor-El would spend their last moments together.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:43 PM   #819
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

A civil War on Krypton that was destroying its cities might be a reason for Jor El And Lara to put their son in a rocket and send him to Earth .

Old 02-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #820
childeroland
Side-Kick

Maybe as the planet (or its star) goes dead it loses gravity and mass and some fragments travel the same path as baby Kal-el's ship if said ship goes through a wormhole or something like that. Or Krypton could be a ringed planet and the particles from the dissipated ring could do the same. Or Kryptonite could be mass from the star, Krypton's dead/dying sun, instead. ??? Maybe during the war someone tries to manipulate Krypton's sun in some way, resulting in a triggering event that causes stellar mass loss that destroys the planet and ejects star mass in the wake of Kal-El's vessel.

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy, The Counselor

"If you shut your eyes to a frightening sight, you end up being frightened. If you look at it straight on, there is nothing to be afraid of."
Heigo Kurosawa, Akira's brother

Last edited by childeroland; 02-21-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #821
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
This is true, too. Great point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Quote:
I hadn't thought about that.

Do you guys have me on ignore?

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 02-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #822
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

I like that theory Chideroland .

Old 02-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #823
dark_b
Side-Kick

if Zod destroys Krypton wouldnt that make him a bad villain when he is trying new Krypton on Earth?

Old 02-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #824
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:

Happens to me regularly. Watch you'll probably do it.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 02-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #825
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

Nope. His post that I quoted and answered came before your post. After I posted my reply to him, I simply went off to other things for awhile.

Closed Thread