The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #151
Storm22
Side-Kick

Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion

I still think he's waiting to announce it.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:57 PM   #152
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
It sounds optimistic, but "we'll see what happens" is another non-answer from Singer. It's either a done deal and he's waiting to announce, they're in talks, or it's not happening at all.

There's also a chance that Singer could want to keep things secret, like if Scott, Jean and Storm are all alive and well at the end of DoFP in an alternate timeline to X3 and it leads into another film.
personally, Id love to see some surprises on the actual release. Not sure if Bryan and specially Fox would like that, but as a fan, Id love it.

I dont need to know if Storm is in the movie to be excited, I AM already, so if she appears on the movie as a surprise return, fighting the sentinels like crazy, and looking hot with a cool costume, I think most fans and haters would enjoy it.

would be really hard to keep it as a secret, tho

Old 02-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #153
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

I think X2 did an accurate job portraying "Storm" as 2nd in command/leader when Cyclops was taken by Stryker. Examples; she's the main pilot of the X-jet (jean was the co-pilot), the tornado scene, at Alkali Lake she was the giving the team their seperate missions inside the base, as well inside of the x-jet she gave them the run down of the base before they began their assualt and lastly she saved Xavier from the 'dark cerebro'...So her role in X2 is the most balance and a step up from X1, everything in X3 felt forced imo, the balcony scene could've had more depth, either she was missing Jean or Africa, in X1 she was afraid of humans, X2 she was angry & learned to have faith, in X3 we got nothing, far as personal character development, being chosen as a successor as to no explanation why doesn't make for character development, why did Charles appoint her, what qualities did he see in her, why not off thr the role to Beast since he's part of the 'first class?' no pun intended.

We don't need a 15 min scene as to who Storm is one little paragraph/dialogue of her detailing her life who have sufficed. The scene w/Kurt could've dwelled more into her orgins, she could've said in "Africa the people worshipped me as a goddess because of my abilities, here I'm hated/feared for them" maybe that's why she's angry...it's the little things that count....Hopefully we get Halle back if not a young Storm who is the person from the comics, sorry but not a fan of the timid Storm in X1, I want to the goddess/warrior in X3 into the prequel....

Old 02-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #154
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Singer says that in addition to Hugh Jackman, who's returning as Wolverine, former X-Men castmembers Ian McKellan, Patrick Stewart, Shawn Ashmore, Anna Paquin and Ellen Page will all be back from Days of Future Past, which Singer calls the "biggest" X-Men film yet.

So what about Halle Berry and Rebecca Romijn, who played Storm and Mystique respectively?

"It depends on how it works out," Singer said. "I loved working with Halle, so all I can say is we'll see what happens."
Ooh, he is f***ing with us now.

Seriously though, I think at this point it's fair to say that she is likely to appear in this film. I say this because it's been what, 3 weeks since MTV asked him this same question and he gave a "I dunno" answer? Well, the film starts shooting in a month so he HAS to have the script done at this point. It's too late to tweak the script to suddenly force her in or out. If he has no intentions of casting Halle now would be the time to say so so that the fanbase and moviegoers can get acclimated to her deletion and focus on what's ahead.

NOTE: He continues to make no mention of Rebecca Romijn. He only mentions Halle and how much he loved working with her. It's possible that Rebecca is out (especially considering her X3 fate).

Old 02-27-2013, 06:45 PM   #155
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Flare View Post
I think X2 did an accurate job portraying "Storm" as 2nd in command/leader when Cyclops was taken by Stryker. Examples; she's the main pilot of the X-jet (jean was the co-pilot), the tornado scene, at Alkali Lake she was the giving the team their seperate missions inside the base, as well inside of the x-jet she gave them the run down of the base before they began their assualt and lastly she saved Xavier from the 'dark cerebro'...So her role in X2 is the most balance and a step up from X1, everything in X3 felt forced imo, the balcony scene could've had more depth, either she was missing Jean or Africa, in X1 she was afraid of humans, X2 she was angry & learned to have faith, in X3 we got nothing, far as personal character development, being chosen as a successor as to no explanation why doesn't make for character development, why did Charles appoint her, what qualities did he see in her, why not off thr the role to Beast since he's part of the 'first class?' no pun intended.
I think you answered your own question. If, as you say, X2 does an accurate job of portraying Storm as second in command, then it makes sense that she is the one chosen as successor, even if it feels forced, and doesn't need explaining. As for Beast, he clearly hasn't been an X-Man for some time and his responsibilities lie elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Ooh, he is f***ing with us now.
I think we may see Storm return in some capacity. We'll see.

Quote:
NOTE: He continues to make no mention of Rebecca Romijn. He only mentions Halle and how much he loved working with her. It's possible that Rebecca is out (especially considering her X3 fate).
I'm not sure it has much to do with her X3 fate. Stewart, McKellen, and Paquin are returning, after all.

Last edited by BMM; 02-27-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #156
Lightning Strykez!

Touche, BMM, touché. We'll have to see.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:57 PM   #157
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Didn't Halle say she'd love to return to Storm one day if the opportunity came up? I think it was during a speech she gave when she won an award. Like... a people's choice award? Or am I crazy?

Old 02-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #158
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
personally, Id love to see some surprises on the actual release. Not sure if Bryan and specially Fox would like that, but as a fan, Id love it.

I dont need to know if Storm is in the movie to be excited, I AM already, so if she appears on the movie as a surprise return, fighting the sentinels like crazy, and looking hot with a cool costume, I think most fans and haters would enjoy it.

would be really hard to keep it as a secret, tho
I don't think they need to keep Storm's return as a surprise, especially nothing happened to her in X3. She didn't die, she didn't lose her powers. It wouldn't be a good decision to exclude her on trailers, posters, and all the promotional works for the movie.

Quote:
Seriously though, I think at this point it's fair to say that she is likely to appear in this film. I say this because it's been what, 3 weeks since MTV asked him this same question and he gave a "I dunno" answer? Well, the film starts shooting in a month so he HAS to have the script done at this point. It's too late to tweak the script to suddenly force her in or out. If he has no intentions of casting Halle now would be the time to say so so that the fanbase and moviegoers can get acclimated to her deletion and focus on what's ahead.

He has the complete list of the cast roster right now. And he probably knows how the movie ends.

And its obvious that Rebecca Romijn isn't gonna be in the movie. We all know happened to her in X3 and she already parted ways with Magneto and Mystique's younger version is already in the movie. Wouldn't make sense to bring her character back and her character isn't as important as Prof X/Magneto.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/

Last edited by psylockolussus; 02-27-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #159
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Any day now!

Old 02-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #160
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I don't think they need to keep Storm's return as a surprise, especially nothing happened to her in X3. She didn't die, she didn't lose her powers. It wouldn't be a good decision to exclude her on trailers, posters, and all the promotional works for the movie.

He has the complete list of the cast roster right now. And he probably knows how the movie ends.

And its obvious that Rebecca Romijn isn't gonna be in the movie. We all know happened to her in X3 and she already parted ways with Magneto and Mystique's younger version is already in the movie. Wouldn't make sense to bring her character back and her character isn't as important as Prof X/Magneto.
You keep downplaying the chances of Rebecca Romijn being In movie.why?They need someone other than Xavier and Magneto to be In both timelines.
Her appearance In future would fit.So It's not obvious she won't be In film.You keep saying because of what went down In Last Stand they won't
use Mystique.That Isn't stopping them with Xavier and Rogue.Plus your forgetting Rebecca Romijn Is one of the Bryan Singer circle of actors who
they can bring back unlike Famke Janssen and james Marsden.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #161
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I already said why Mystique shouldn't comeback. And compare to Rogue, Rogue still has ties with the X-Men, Wolverine and her boyfriend Iceman. She probably didn't leave the X-Mansion after she lost her powers. When Mystique got depowered, she was left on her own and had to turn on to Magneto. Professor X and Magneto are coming back because they are the yin and yang of the X-Men movie series. Mystique was just a sidekick of X-Men's most iconic villain. And they don't need someone other than Xavier and Magneto to be in both timelines, its not a requirement.

And again you are bringing up this ridiculous "the Bryan Singer circle of actors". They are not gonna bring these actors back just because they were close and worked really well with Singer. Other the X-Men movies, did Rebecca appear in any of Singer's movies? nope. Singer brought back the OT characters because of the story and I don't think Rebecca Romijn fits into the story. Plus no one is demanding for her return except you.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/

Last edited by psylockolussus; 02-27-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:49 PM   #162
BobJM
Who's Bad?

I'd love to see Halle back. She was great under Bryan's direction and even in X3 she always entertaining.

Just really want to see Halle get back in the game and I think this would be a great vehicle for her.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:36 AM   #163
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I already said why Mystique shouldn't comeback. And compare to Rogue, Rogue still has ties with the X-Men, Wolverine and her boyfriend Iceman. She probably didn't leave the X-Mansion after she lost her powers. When Mystique got depowered, she was left on her own and had to turn on to Magneto. Professor X and Magneto are coming back because they are the yin and yang of the X-Men movie series. Mystique was just a sidekick of X-Men's most iconic villain.
Yes, Mystique was just a sidekick... until First Class. First Class gave her a story and turned that sidekick into one of the most developed characters in the franchise, so it makes sense that they would want to connect the movies, as Singer has said, and revisit those relationships in the future with this newly revealed background in tow. Will they do it? Perhaps yes. Perhaps no. Maybe they will kill her off. Her future termination would certainly make it personal for McAvoy's Xavier and Fassbender's Magneto.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:34 AM   #164
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

This is incredible,as Jen Lawrence is fashionable we forget Rebecca.Rebecca made ​​the Original Mystique,With fewer words work did a much more impressive.Jen is a boring Mystique, not interesting and not even as pretty as Rebecca.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:05 AM   #165
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Blaire View Post
This is incredible,as Jen Lawrence is fashionable we forget Rebecca.Rebecca made ​​the Original Mystique,With fewer words work did a much more impressive.Jen is a boring Mystique, not interesting and not even as pretty as Rebecca.
Bite your tongue. Jennifer Lawrence is GORGEOUS. I found old Mystique really boring and 2-dimensional (though her acrobatics were neat). It was nice to actually give her a real character and personality in First Class. The character had to start somewhere, and seeing her as an insecure teenager who learns to accept herself was a brilliant decision because it's something a lot of people will identify with. I'm really looking forward to how she plays Mystique during the transition years.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:43 AM   #166
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
Bite your tongue. Jennifer Lawrence is GORGEOUS. I found old Mystique really boring and 2-dimensional (though her acrobatics were neat). It was nice to actually give her a real character and personality in First Class. The character had to start somewhere, and seeing her as an insecure teenager who learns to accept herself was a brilliant decision because it's something a lot of people will identify with. I'm really looking forward to how she plays Mystique during the transition years.
I do not care what you say, Jennifer does not seem to naturally beautiful.She has small eyes and a round face is not pretty.
It has very good makeup and good advisers, just that.And her portrayal of Mystique is boring.

Without make up:

Jen

Rebecca

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Alison Blaire; 02-28-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:04 AM   #167
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Blaire View Post
I do not care what you say, Jennifer does not seem to naturally beautiful. It has small eyes and a round face is not pretty.
It has very good makeup and good advisers, just that..

LOL at Allison...

Why are you referring to Jennifer as "It"? Like she's a little piglet or something? OMG, really??

Old 02-28-2013, 08:23 AM   #168
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Quote:
LOL at Allison...

Why are you referring to Jennifer as "It"? Like she's a little piglet or something? OMG, really??
Sorry, did not mean to.It was a typo,already corrected.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #169
Lightning Strykez!

I know a lot of people have stated that they hope Storm has a short coif if she appears in DoFP. But personally I really hope they give her long locks again, or perhaps a funky twist on an afro if it's set in the 70s. Something like this could be cool (even for the future).

The only thing that concerns me is that Louise Mingenbach (costume designer) has notoriously picked THE worst wigs for actresses in Bryan's films. I'll never forgive her for what she did to Kate Bosworth's Lois Lane. Just very, very unsexy. : Wet-mop territory.

And Famke's was not much better:

The goal is for us NOT to think it's a wig. These are all so obviously cheap and don't compliment the actresses at all.

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 02-28-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:18 AM   #170
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

She didn't pick Famke's wig for Last Stand.I thought Famke's hair looked best In X2.I also liked Storm's hair In X2.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #171
Double B
Side-Kick

I thought the X2 wig was passable.

I think the problem is that wigs are notoriously hard to pull off anyway, but white wigs are just that extra layer of unnaturalness.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #172
Project862006
Banned User

kelly hu aka lady death strike rocks a nice white wig in arrow as china white

Old 02-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #173
Double B
Side-Kick

Oh, I like that. Halle could pull that off.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #174
NanaT
X-Men United!

I'm starting to get hopeful again. I had resigned myself to accepting that Halle wouldn't be in this. But this recent quote has given me that little bit of hope she may make an appearance however small.

I mean he seemed more enthusiastic this time around then he did last time. He even repeated his 'I love working with her' statement. I mean he would have said she wasn't in it if he doesn't intend to use her because at this point into production there is no point in keeping that a secret.

I think before when he was last asked he was still in talks with her and now I think the contract has been finalized and she has signed on and all he is waiting for is the next opportunity to announce her.

And Lightning i think you're right, the fact that he didn't mention Rebecca despite being directly asked must mean something. I think Halle may be the next actor announced along with whoever the new actors Singer's is getting for this film.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 02-28-2013, 01:45 PM   #175
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
kelly hu aka lady death strike rocks a nice white wig in arrow as china white
Holy hell she looks hot and young. Wow, she should just adopt that as her permanent look.

Closed Thread