The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 12:54 AM   #601
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate

Thanks... I think. lol. Wish I could post some of it here...

Old 03-26-2013, 01:33 AM   #602
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Jean's cameo in The Wolverine is probably a flashback or a dream scene. Just to remind audience that Wolverine still remembers Jean.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 03-26-2013, 06:42 AM   #603
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Yup. That's what he's doing. He's lusting. In fact, the dream he's having is a wet one. He wakes up in a cold sweat and a boner, then hops in the shower to knock one off.

And there you have the opening sequence of the film.

Can't say I'm a big Wolverine/Jean shipper or anything, but at least they had a bit more sizzle than Jean/Scott in the OT (who IMO had all the sizzle of yesterday's cold noodles).

Most comic book movie romances are pretty blah anyways.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:32 AM   #604
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post

Can't say I'm a big Wolverine/Jean shipper or anything, but at least they had a bit more sizzle than Jean/Scott in the OT (who IMO had all the sizzle of yesterday's cold noodles).

Most comic book movie romances are pretty blah anyways.
i think that would crap on the cyclops fans more, hopefully nothing comes out of that

Old 03-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #605
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
i think that would crap on the cyclops fans more, hopefully nothing comes out of that

It ****ing better not!

Old 03-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #606
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

*swallows hard and kicks at the ground with his foot as he slips his hands inside his pockets*

Old 03-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #607
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Well, they had more sizzle because the script created moments for them to sizzle, and because of the casting. It's pretty clear that James Marsden wasn't chosen for a role conceived as the alpha male or as Jean's love interest.

The only time Scott and Jean sizzled was at Alkali Lake in X3, just before she vaporised him. A brief and doomed sizzle, but a sizzle nonetheless.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #608
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

it was clear in X1 and X2 that scott and jean loved each other

it was only X3 that decided jean would show this love by vaporizing him

Old 03-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #609
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

Wish we saw more of that....not the vaporizing him part lol. *sighs*

Old 03-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #610
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
it was clear in X1 and X2 that scott and jean loved each other

it was only X3 that decided jean would show this love by vaporizing him
True. Jean did chose Cyclops, but I have to agree with others when they say Jean and Cyclops didn't have good enough moments together. Plus X3 basically killed Cyclops so they could give his story to Wolverine.

Mind you, saying that, I didn't think much of the Wolverine/Jean moments either. I didn't think there was enough there to make it seem like she really considered Logan as an option. It seemed a bit one sided to me on Logan's part.

Though if they do bring back Scott and Jean then I hope at least they treat the characters better as a couple and forget about the love triangle nonsense.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #611
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

Totally...I'd be down with that. More Jean, more Scott as a couple would be great.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:23 PM   #612
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Also, I'd like to point out that I'd like to see Cyclops get better treatment as a character in general and not just as part of a couple with Jean. I think Jean got some good moments in the original trilogy, but I really struggle to think of parts where Cyclops got moments he deserved.

I know DoFP is unlikely to include him in any substantial way as it would likely just be an ending scene in a new timeline, but I would like future movies to give more focus to his character and write moments that show off the best of him.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #613
Phoenix342
Side-Kick

Maybe its not a dream sequence? Obviously it looks like some sort of altered reality but maybe its not logan dreaming about her? Maybe its her coming to Logan in a vision from the white hot room (although i know they wont call it that in the movie) and saying something along the lines of not be whole enough to come back yet or something that could hint to her coming back in DOFP or another sequel. If not that then im at least hoping for something other than Logan having a dream about them just because he's getting over her or whatever. I hope it has some actual substance for Famke and she didnt just make a cameo to give logan a wet dream.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #614
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

im picturing it as a dream or Hallucination where jean suddenly appears and logan looks weak and shocked to see her, he tells her he is sorry, jean moves in tells him its ok and they kiss

maybe she will tell him she loves him in this dream or hallucination also as it does look abit fantasy-ish

then he wakes up or snaps out of it

not the most original way to do it, but i can see it happening

Old 03-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #615
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

Yeah...if I were ...Logan...I'd want more than just a wet dream. er wait that sounded really wrong. I guess what I am trying to say is that I want it to be more than just a dream...that it would hint in some way that Jean will be back in DOFP.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #616
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix342 View Post
im at least hoping for something other than Logan having a dream about them just because he's getting over her or whatever. I hope it has some actual substance for Famke and she didnt just make a cameo to give logan a wet dream.
I hope so too, but how often have the X-men cameos been something of substance? If it's a Jean dream/mirage I hope it reappears throughout the film to give Jean more significance.

Also for anyone interested, Famke has an indie movie coming out on April 5th called "Down the Shore". She stars opposite James Gandolfini. Here is the trailer:

http://www.etonline.com/movies/13206...iler_Premiere/

That's 4 movies (including the Wolverine cameo) and 1 tv series released in the span of a yr. Hopefully DOFP is next to be added to that list. I'm hoping that the reason they've given away her cameo in the Wolverine so early is that she's going to be announced for DOFP very soon anyway (Hey, I can dream!)

Last edited by SterlingDee; 03-26-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #617
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingDee View Post
I'm hoping that the reason they've given her cameo in the Wolverine so early is that she's going to be announced for DOFP very soon anyway (Hey, I can dream!)
It could also be that she's the only other big Hollywood name in the movie and they want to make the most of that, especially with Hansel & Gretel doing well enough (bizarrely) to get a sequel (even more bizarrely).

I hope we didn't just see Famke's entire screentime in that trailer or that would be a bit of a con.

Wouldn't be surprised if she was somehow in DoFP as she was one of the names blurted out by Patrick Stewart at that convention. Not sure where that leaves poor old Cyclops. He needs some love too.

Old 03-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #618
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

Yeah thats what I am worried about...though I am surprised we even got a hint of her appearing in the movie.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #619
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
It could also be that she's the only other big Hollywood name in the movie and they want to make the most of that, especially with Hansel & Gretel doing well enough (bizarrely) to get a sequel (even more bizarrely).
That would probably be the real reason why.

I'm more interested to see how The Wolverine' relates to DOFP. We know that it takes place sometime after X3, as apparently does the future storyline in DOFP, so how do they fit in in the overall timeline? So confusing..

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 03-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #620
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Maybe Viper will have ties to the Sentinels... Silver Samurai looks pretty sleek and robotic almost also...

Old 03-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #621
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Wouldn't be surprised if she was somehow in DoFP as she was one of the names blurted out by Patrick Stewart at that convention. Not sure where that leaves poor old Cyclops. He needs some love too.
very true

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 03-26-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #622
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:

I hope we didn't just see Famke's entire screentime in that trailer or that would be a bit of a con.

If they are saving her for last, I think it is more for the novelty/shock factor, but Famke does have a lot action/sci-fi cred, so she is a "name" in that respect. Also, Taken 2 is by far the biggest film she's been in recently - it earned a monstrous $376 million worldwide (which is more than both X-men and X-men Class made!).

I just find it odd that they would reveal her cameo in the pre-teaser to the teaser. That one shot better not be all there is to her role!

Old 03-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #623
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

Here's hoping... until July 26th... gaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Old 03-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #624
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Well, they had more sizzle because the script created moments for them to sizzle, and because of the casting. It's pretty clear that James Marsden wasn't chosen for a role conceived as the alpha male or as Jean's love interest.
QFT. Pretty similar to what I said in this very thread not too long ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
....Did I just read a post indicating that Cyclops has largely been ignored due to the fact that his visors cover his eyes

That line of reasoning makes no sense when you consider that Darth Vader is hugely popular....and you couldnt even see his entire FACE.

No, the simple matter is that for fox, Cyclops was not a priority. The priority was having everything revolve around Wolverine. That's why a strapping, 6'3 leading man actor was cast to play a role based on a character that was historically a hairy 5'3 runt. It's why Cyclops, who historically looks like a strapping 6'3 leading man (albeit with a visor on his face) had a 5'10 actor known primarily for supporting roles playing him.

When the X-Books were at the height of their popularity during the Claremont/Byrne run, Cyclops was one of the main characters. Hell, in some ways he was the main character when the books first started out. The character has all the tools to be a main player, and anyone who's read the past few years of X-Comics has known this.

Simply put, Fox wanted to turn the X-Men's Han Solo into Han Solo AND Luke Skywalker at the same time, while they took the closest thing to the X-Men's actual Luke Skywalker and made him less then even Lando.
If this were an original film and not an adaption, Famke's Jean would've dumped Cyclops and shacked up with Logan by the end.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:59 PM   #625
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

With Jean Grey having a cameo in The Wolverine (now that is 100% confirmed), I'm now hoping that she doesn't have a cameo in DOFP too. Because thats gonna be 2 cameos in back to back films and in my opinion, they need to give her a rest.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Closed Thread