The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #776
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate

Sadly, Storm only made leader by default in the movies. The other candidates died. For DoFP she should at least have something worthwhile to do other than being the most senior of the X-men still alive.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #777
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Yeah Storm is really the leader because she wasn't important enough to get killed off.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #778
Kazaire
Side-Kick

I know we are still in the speculative days of early shooting, but I really hope Bryan brings some closure between these two characters. I'd like to think that Bryan will have at least some kind of nod to these two during the movie, whether or not Famke is involved.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #779
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Sadly, Storm only made leader by default in the movies. The other candidates died. For DoFP she should at least have something worthwhile to do other than being the most senior of the X-men still alive.
I really hope Storm appears as the leader of the X-Men in this movie. I would hate to see Wolverine take the leader role.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 04-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #780
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I really hope Storm appears as the leader of the X-Men in this movie. I would hate to see Wolverine take the leader role.
I'd hate for that to happen too. Despite what the comics want to portray him as recently, that's not really his place. At least not above people like Storm. Hopefully Storm gets a well written part and she's a believable leader.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:28 PM   #781
def28
Side-Kick

Depends on the situation. While he may not run the school in the films, Wolverine clearly leads and makes the final decisions in battle with the X flicks. He gives the speeches and orders of a leader. Definitely over Strom and hell even Cyclops.

With comics, Wolverine being a leader and headmaster has worked out more then fine , some of the better X-Men comics have him leading. Aaron, Remender and Bendis have all done an excellent job with Logan in that role. All preference I guess.

Last edited by def28; 04-22-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #782
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I'd hate for that to happen too. Despite what the comics want to portray him as recently, that's not really his place. At least not above people like Storm. Hopefully Storm gets a well written part and she's a believable leader.
And Wolverine just went MIA after Jean Grey died (I'm assuming he left the X-Men after Jean's death to grieve). He shouldn't be the leader of the X-Men over Storm because of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Depends on the situation. While he may not run the school in the films, Wolverine clearly leads and makes the final decisions in battle with the X flicks. He gives the speeches and orders of a leader. Definitely over Strom and hell even Cyclops.

With comics, Wolverine being a leader and headmaster has worked out more then fine , some of the better X-Men comics have him leading. Aaron, Remender and Bendis have all done an excellent job with Logan in that role. All preference I guess.
The thing is Wolverine has been the centerpiece of the X-Men films for like 5 movies already. I don't want them to portray Wolverine as if he's the important member of the team again. Just give Storm the leadership role and let Wolverine do his own action scenes.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 04-22-2013, 11:43 PM   #783
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
The thing is Wolverine has been the centerpiece of the X-Men films for like 5 movies already. I don't want them to portray Wolverine as if he's the important member of the team again. Just give Storm the leadership role and let Wolverine do his own action scenes.
I agree with that. He's taken up too much screen time. But it's not unreasonable that Wolverine has certain leadership qualities over Storm given what this franchise has shown us as well as the cartoons and comics for the past 10 years.

Last edited by def28; 04-22-2013 at 11:50 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:56 AM   #784
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I agree with that. He's taken up too much screen time. But it's not unreasonable that Wolverine has certain leadership qualities over Storm given what this franchise has shown us as well as the cartoons and comics for the past 10 years.
Wolverine isn't a leader though. He's too much of a maverick and never plays by the rules. It works better when he is an opposing force who comes up with other ideas that may or may not be accepted, as he was in X1 (as can be seen at the Statue of Liberty) and X2 (as can be seen when they are deciding how to enter the dam).

Old 04-23-2013, 06:14 AM   #785
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Wolverine isn't a leader though. He's too much of a maverick and never plays by the rules. It works better when he is an opposing force who comes up with other ideas that may or may not be accepted, as he was in X1 (as can be seen at the Statue of Liberty) and X2 (as can be seen when they are deciding how to enter the dam).
I wouldn't say that, I've seen him lead plenty thorough the years in all forms of media. The fact he doesn't play by the rules is what makes for some interesting conflict in those positions, also adds to the growing of Logan as a character. As for the films, last we saw him in battle with the X-Men he was definitely leading them, more so then anyone else has. Storm just kind of argues with his methods and can't do anything about it . Not saying she can't lead, just that it has yet to be seen by anyone else other then Logan really. Especially in combat. When it comes to authority over the X-Men, Logan seems to always be in control. Even in X2 he has more presence as a leader then Cyclops (especially the mansion raid), since Scott is missing the whole film. We see that transition through all the films. It works, it's just not the popular vote. I'd rather he'd be less a team player and more antihero myself, it just has not been set up that way unfortunately.

Last edited by def28; 04-23-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #786
taintedFB
Side-Kick

I think Halle can have a significant role with Scott still back and as a leader. They can almost co-lead.

Sadly, James Marsden was spotted in a restaurant in Burbank, CA yesterday, so he's not in Canada. However, if he does only appear in a final scene at the end when they return to the original timeline, that scene can be shot anywhere, after all the other scenes are shot. (The final scenes in X2 were shot much later in England with Scott and Logan and the Professor talking about Jean)

Hopefully, such a scene exists and maybe we'll get a better looking Storm than the sad photo Singer posted for the alternate reality.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #787
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by taintedFB View Post
I think Halle can have a significant role with Scott still back and as a leader. They can almost co-lead.

Sadly, James Marsden was spotted in a restaurant in Burbank, CA yesterday, so he's not in Canada. However, if he does only appear in a final scene at the end when they return to the original timeline, that scene can be shot anywhere, after all the other scenes are shot. (The final scenes in X2 were shot much later in England with Scott and Logan and the Professor talking about Jean)

Hopefully, such a scene exists and maybe we'll get a better looking Storm than the sad photo Singer posted for the alternate reality.
co-lead? sounds awkward

cyclops hasn't been a leader since X1, and now the character development for storm has become this whole its time for storm to step up and become the leader thing, thats been her biggest development and it will mean berry gets more to do

but i think to bring cyclops back is ok because this character that people know because he appeared in all 3 x-men film and origins in some way or another but then you have to make this character who has pretty much been treated poorly to take over storms development and have to find something for her to do

in many ways its only right that cyclops becomes the leader again but in many other ways this character is just being thrown back into the mix into this role he won't be recognised for

reminds me abit of wolverine and the Xmen cartoon where they switched wolverine and cyclops role

Old 04-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #788
taintedFB
Side-Kick

Cyclops can be a leader and storm as well. The X-Men can split up, kind of like how Jean & Storm were seperated from Logan and the kids in X2. Have each lead a group. Storm can still have more screen time and presence, while Scott is shown to be the strategist and leader.

Also it is always fun to see Logan and Scott butt heads. Their exchanges in all 3 X-Men movies are the best!

Old 04-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #789
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Famke Janssen talks about X-Men days of future past

Has Bryan Singer or anyone reached out to you for X-Men: Days of Future Past?

No, everybody keeps asking and I’m sitting by the phone waiting. I don’t know what’s taking Bryan so long because I hear some of my cast members from the past movies have been approached already, so I don’t know what’s wrong with him.

http://www.craveonline.com/tv/interv...-hemlock-grove

Old 04-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #790
taintedFB
Side-Kick

I love her answer to that question.

I honestly DON'T think she will appear in this one. Her death in X2 was so great. So I think they should save her for the next movie. Or they could pull a whole comics thing, where the dark Phoenix in X3 wasn't the real Jean... but that would be a hard sell.

I think if anything, Phoenix should rise again but in a seperate movie.

I think having Scott alive at the end of this one and maybe cutting back to the Phoenix shot in Alkali Lake (from X2) would be a great set-up for the next film.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #791
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

I'd like to see a scene where they time travel back to when jean rised before Scott at the lake in x3 so they could stop her killing him and talk her into stopping, a 2nd chance to save jean

We seen they can replicate scenes well like in first class opening

But I doubt that will happen sadly

Old 04-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #792
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

She's clearly not in the script

Old 04-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #793
taintedFB
Side-Kick

I think it is highly doubtful that Jean returns in this one. OR she could be flat out lying to keep it a secret.

Who knows.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #794
icekid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Blaire View Post
Famke Janssen talks about X-Men days of future past

Has Bryan Singer or anyone reached out to you for X-Men: Days of Future Past?

No, everybody keeps asking and Iím sitting by the phone waiting. I donít know whatís taking Bryan so long because I hear some of my cast members from the past movies have been approached already, so I donít know whatís wrong with him.

http://www.craveonline.com/tv/interv...-hemlock-grove
She's a great actress in this show. Her character constantly wears all white dresses/ trench coats, ect., and has the best wardrobe. I could only imagine her as White Phoenix of the Crown the entire time, though she is on questionable sides.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #795
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

I want her in this movie so bad, I hope this is just one of those misdirections like how Patrick Stewart said he wasn't in the movie and no one told him anything and he never even signed any piece of paper or how Famke herself is all "I'm in the Wolverine trailer? how did they do that? cool huh?".

BRYAN SINGER: "Don't be so sure..."
Old 04-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #796
icekid
Side-Kick

I think she would be a much bigger surprise alongside James Mardsen that they would HAVE to keep it under wraps entirely until after the release. Singer is no stranger to major misdirection. Think the pic of Jean with the X-Men in the White House for X2.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #797
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by icekid View Post
I think she would be a much bigger surprise alongside James Mardsen that they would HAVE to keep it under wraps entirely until after the release. Singer is no stranger to major misdirection. Think the pic of Jean with the X-Men in the White House for X2.
Yes, yes and yes!

BRYAN SINGER: "Don't be so sure..."
Old 04-23-2013, 07:13 PM   #798
DarknessOfDeath
Send me an Angel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by icekid View Post
She's a great actress in this show. Her character constantly wears all white dresses/ trench coats, ect., and has the best wardrobe. I could only imagine her as White Phoenix of the Crown the entire time, though she is on questionable sides.
OMG. I want to cry so badly but being a guy, I just....can't bring myself to do it. But I know what you mean when you say she dresses in white all the time and I can only imagine her as the White Phoenix of the Crown.

I just moved my T.V into my room, I am watching season 2 of Nip/Tuck and she is outstanding on that show as Ava Moore. I love Famke and I too want her so badly in DOFP. She's definitely my ideal woman and I don't care how old she is. She grows on you year by year...I always had a thing for her and I'm not sure why I hadn't seen much of her work since X-Men 3 that I went hiatus on her as a fan. lol. *sighs* I love that she can play darker roles. She's so diverse when choosing her roles carefully.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:19 PM   #799
DarknessOfDeath
Send me an Angel...

I perfected Jean a little more, especially with the hair... *sighs* Oh Famke...

Old 04-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #800
taintedFB
Side-Kick

Closed Thread