The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #851
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate

having a mixture of the FC cast who did a great job in first class and is one of my favorite Xmen films, along with the original cast its already awesome, but if they did manage to add cyclops to that and give him something to do... wow that would make this film up a step on the excitment level

Old 05-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #852
Mars123
Side-Kick

I think cyclops is in a telekinetic cacoon like jean was.... Off screen mean he may not be dead

Old 05-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #853
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

It's very likely with this report James Marsden Is In film.

However It's unlikely It will be major role In future part because
a:It would likely be announced
B:It seems like before the time travel happens the future scenes are sequel to all the X-Men films.If Bryan Singer was going to do a superman returns to
Last Stand he could be there but all signs show at least before time travel
effects not to do that

They may have filmed or may be filming the end of movie which shows those who time travel to 1973 return to a future where the time travel In the past have changed things(think Back to the Future) and one of these things Is
Cyclops being alive.

The question also remains could Famke Janssen be In Montreal or been there
recently.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #854
taintedFB
Side-Kick

I think this was one of the big secrets that they really didn't want to get out. That's why there were blank spaces on that cast wall and his (rumored) status on the IMDB page was completely removed.

I agree that it won't be a huge part, but if by the end, he's alive in the new timeline, than that would be AWESOME!

Don't forget for on-set photography in X2, they added Jean in the White House team shot, even though she had died and wasn't there in the film... to hide the true ending.

This is really exciting news!

Old 05-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #855
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I didn't forget the ending of X2.They went to great lengths to hide the true ending of film.
They keep It from Chris Claremont when he did the noveliation of the script.Bryan singer even said In X2 TV special despite what you think you know there are going to be some surprises In the film.

Back In 2010 there was report of Hugh jackman being In London where bulk of First class was shot both he and SInger publicly denied him making an appearance In film and up till press screenings It was mostly keep secret.I did find It strange James Marsden was rumored from the IMDB page when there had been no information one way or the other on him being in DOFP.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #856
taintedFB
Side-Kick

All I know is him being in this film is finally getting me psyched about this movie...

Old 05-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #857
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I did find It strange James Marsden was rumored from the IMDB page when there had been no information one way or the other on him being in DOFP.
James Marsden being added to the cast was based on the Hollywood Reporter that mentioned his name in passing as possible returnee. Many other sites took this mention and spun it into a rumor that he was returning (when the THR said nothing to indicate that).

Plus, imdb is updated by users.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #858
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Even if it were a featured role, which it won't be, but if so, I don't think they'd have the time of day to retcon TLS with all the other crap loaded into this movie. Unless there is some sort of setup in The Wolverine, which still won't make sense because not everyone will go see The Wolverine this summer.

But maybe Jean Grey's ghost (from the trailer) has one last wish for Logan and tells him there is a way to get Cyke back at the end of The Wolverine, and Logan finds Cyke at the end. If that's the case, then Cyke could return as a main member, and it would make sense to keep that completely under wraps until Wolverine is released. But alas, it's probably a cameo, or even a flashback.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #859
Double B
Side-Kick

TLS can be retconned in seconds. Have them actively change the past in 1973, as per the point of the film, which causes a ripple effect and changes elements of established history.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #860
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Which Is probaly what Bryan Singer means by correcting things.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #861
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
having a mixture of the FC cast who did a great job in first class and is one of my favorite Xmen films, along with the original cast its already awesome, but if they did manage to add cyclops to that and give him something to do... wow that would make this film up a step on the excitment level
I hope its just a cameo. The movie already have a couple of major players, they don't need to include Cyclops in the mix just to come up with a groundbreaking movie.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 05-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #862
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
Why?
Because he's dead in the X3 timeline. I hate seeing people come back from the dead because of some ****** retcon or stuff like that. Dead is dead.

I wouldn't mind a cameo in some sort of alternate/changed timeline though.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 05-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #863
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

F**k X3. They killed Cyclops off only to have Wolverine act like him. He needs to come back as a result of a timeline change and get a prominent role in the Movie. And when he learns about what happened to Jean, he needs to blast Logan in the face.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #864
summers1055
Side-Kick

yesssss!!!....this is awesome news!!! Finally some news on cyclops....his character def needs some redemption, we have no idea what role he will play, i been saying this from the start, if professor x could come back then the sky is the limit.....long live cyclops.....super super excited!!!! I BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR MONTHS, BRYAN SINGER HAS BEEN VERY QUIET ABOUT THOSE EMPTY CHARACTER SLOTS ON THE WALL, REMEMBER THERE WERE STILL 6 TO FILL....I THINK CYCLOPS WILL BE ONE OF EM AND I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER....WOHOOOO!!!!

Old 05-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #865
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

I'm sure Cyclops will be back. Somehow. But I'm not sure how they are going to handle him in future movies, as they didn't get the character dynamics right in the past. I'm also not sure if/how Famke's Jean Grey will return.

I'm very curious as to what Singer is doing with this movie. There's a helluva lot of characters to service.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #866
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers1055 View Post
yesssss!!!....this is awesome news!!! Finally some news on cyclops....his character def needs some redemption, we have no idea what role he will play, i been saying this from the start, if professor x could come back then the sky is the limit.....long live cyclops.....super super excited!!!! I BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR MONTHS, BRYAN SINGER HAS BEEN VERY QUIET ABOUT THOSE EMPTY CHARACTER SLOTS ON THE WALL, REMEMBER THERE WERE STILL 6 TO FILL....I THINK CYCLOPS WILL BE ONE OF EM AND I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER....WOHOOOO!!!!
What news? I don't think anything is official yet.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 05-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #867
summers1055
Side-Kick

Old 05-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #868
summers1055
Side-Kick

Former Newsday and ComicVine contributor Ray Carsillo seems to have inadvertently broken some X-Men: Days of Future Past news via Twitter after calling attention to a photograph of himself that appeared in the background of some paparazzi shots of Halle Berry this weekend. “Accidentally made the tabloids today as I happened to be on the same flight back from Montreal with Halle Berry,” Carsillo tweeted, along with a picture of the actress. Pressed for some details from other Twitter users, he added, “James Marsden was there too. They were shooting X-Men stuff….They were sitting two rows in front of me. When we got off the plane, James was heading to connecting flight.”

Marsden, of course, plays Cyclops in the X-Men films. If it’s true that he’s returning for Days of Future Past, it’s notable for a couple of reasons.
First of all, he hasn’t yet been announced.
Secondly, his character was killed in X-Men: The Last Stand.
Informed by a Twitter account associated with an X-Men fan site, Carsillo acknowledged that he may have accidentally broken some Days of Future Past casting news.
“I guess so lol,” he tweeted. “But yes, it seems that both Halle Berry and James Marsden were in Montreal for the next X-movie.,
This one could go either way, frankly, as it isn’t clear how Carsillo got the impression that Marsden was working on the X-Men film. Still, as Reviews Editor of EGM, he’s still a pretty credible source when it comes to what he saw with his own eyes.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #869
summers1055
Side-Kick

This is no coincidence.....come on.....THIS IS AMAZING!......now I am waiting for the official announcement!!! WOHOOO!!!! AND let;'s not forget the offical rumor was that fox was going for both James Marsden and Halle Berry months ago, it all adds up....come on Bryan make the announcement.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #870
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

it would defo make this film better for me if cyclops was back, along with the FC cast, it would have all my favorites =)

Old 05-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #871
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

Now we just need a really good source to confirm that Scott is back...

then, the only one left is Jean...Come on Singer! Call Famke!

Old 05-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #872
batboy99
BTVS

Some Jean Grey art for you. Scan is a little bright...

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #873
Phoenix342
Side-Kick

I want them back just as much if not more than anyone but I'm worried about how it'll happen. I want a good reason as to why, not just changing the timeline. Maybe someone has an answer to this but I dont see anyway to retcon x-3 by changing the past without retconing x1 and 2 as well and I dont want that to happen...x-2 still remains my favorite movie and I dont want that story line to count for nothing. Say scott and jean do come back, what then? does the new timeline pick up at the end of x-2? redo the phoenix saga? Im really curious as to other peoples opinions on how it would actually work? Like the opinion on how changing something in the 70s keeps them alive?

Old 05-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #874
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

Nice. did you do that, batboy? Great job.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #875
TheWolverine
Newbie First Class

I still dont friggin understand why is an issue looking for an excuse to bring back Cyclops?

HE DIDNT DIE ON-SCREEN.

Jean could have taken over Phoenix, realized what she was doing and just send flying Scott to the woods or somewhere in Alkali Lake... Her mind was screwed so she couldn´t remember anything about it... thats why she assumed she killed Scott while talking with Logan.

I remember a comic from X-treme X-Men where Cyclops was left dying on some mountains by wolverine. And he managed to survive by himself for days, even weeks with broken bones and stuff.

I HAVE FAITH HE IS BACK.

AND I HAVE FAITH, HIS ROLE WILL FINALLY BE HONORED. If not in this movie, they will hopefully lay a ground for it in X4.

Closed Thread