The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #876
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate

Well saying Cyclops didn't die when his glasses were still there kinda cheapens power of phoenix

It defently seems like CYclops' likely return Involves a bit of cross between
Superman Returns and Star Trek 2009.Where the time traveling allows them
at end of film to pretty much Throw out Last Stand and Thus Cyclops Is alive.It allows Fox to say The Last Stand did happen but time travel ripples.Thus They can still Include the film with little complaning with other films In DVD and Bluray sets.It also allows them to pretty much Ignore Origins.

If say towards end of DOFP they want to Introduce teenage Cyclops and Jean to help tie everything together they could do that and use time travel excuse.J.J.Abrams didn't exactly worry about characters ages In Star Trek.

Another question Is would they use time travel to resurrect Jean or will It just be Cyclops back In end of film.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #877
DarknessOfDeath
Saving the Galaxy...

I say let Jean return as the White Phoenix of the Crown

And Quill... Your ship is filthy. - Gamora
She has no idea. If I had a blacklight, this place would look like a Jackson Pollock painting. - Peter Quill
Old 05-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #878
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolverine View Post
I still dont friggin understand why is an issue looking for an excuse to bring back Cyclops?

HE DIDNT DIE ON-SCREEN.

Jean could have taken over Phoenix, realized what she was doing and just send flying Scott to the woods or somewhere in Alkali Lake... Her mind was screwed so she couldn´t remember anything about it... thats why she assumed she killed Scott while talking with Logan.

I remember a comic from X-treme X-Men where Cyclops was left dying on some mountains by wolverine. And he managed to survive by himself for days, even weeks with broken bones and stuff.

I HAVE FAITH HE IS BACK.

AND I HAVE FAITH, HIS ROLE WILL FINALLY BE HONORED. If not in this movie, they will hopefully lay a ground for it in X4.
I agree

Old 05-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #879
summers1055
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by angamb View Post
i agree
double agree

Old 05-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #880
Nathan

If he comes back, I really want him front & center during a fight and give orders like Cap did in Avengers. And I want him to unleash his Optic Blasts, to show that he's one of the X-Men's top dogs.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #881
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers1055 View Post
double agree
as TW said, if not on this movie on next one.

Im sure Singer and Fox will do him justice sooner or later.

Id preffer on X4, but if he appears on this one, whatever he does, I hope its something exciting and creates a great buzz for next movie.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #882
batboy99
BTVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath View Post
Nice. did you do that, batboy? Great job.
Yes sir! For my portfolio mainly lol

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
Old 05-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #883
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Just heard about Marsden being spotted on a plane with Berry. Happy news!

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-08-2013, 12:40 PM   #884
Mars123
Side-Kick

If what we are hearing is true, it's quite a big secret... I wonder if that means he has an important role to play or just a cameo.... It's all so hard to know.... Especially as we don't know how much screen time they are dividing between the FC cast and OT cast

Old 05-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #885
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars123 View Post
If what we are hearing is true, it's quite a big secret... I wonder if that means he has an important role to play or just a cameo.... It's all so hard to know.... Especially as we don't know how much screen time they are dividing between the FC cast and OT cast
cyclops will be the time traveler obviously...

nah who knows, i hope its a decent role

Old 05-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #886
Mars123
Side-Kick

Same! Fingers crossed!

Old 05-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #887
Cherry
Side-Kick

Well, we did hear similar reports for Hugh Jackman in First Class and Famke Janssen in The Wolverine, and those both turned out to be true. I don't see why Carsillo would be making this up. He's not exactly a random poster on IMDb.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #888
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
Because he's dead in the X3 timeline. I hate seeing people come back from the dead because of some ****** retcon or stuff like that. Dead is dead.

I wouldn't mind a cameo in some sort of alternate/changed timeline though.
But it's a time-travel storyline. The likelihood of a timeline reset is high.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #889
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
But it's a time-travel storyline. The likelihood of a timeline reset is high.
I know. That's why I said, I'm keen on seeing him in some sort of cameo if the X3 timeline is somehow erased/altered.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 05-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #890
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix342 View Post
I want them back just as much if not more than anyone but I'm worried about how it'll happen. I want a good reason as to why, not just changing the timeline. Maybe someone has an answer to this but I dont see anyway to retcon x-3 by changing the past without retconing x1 and 2 as well and I dont want that to happen...x-2 still remains my favorite movie and I dont want that story line to count for nothing. Say scott and jean do come back, what then? does the new timeline pick up at the end of x-2? redo the phoenix saga? Im really curious as to other peoples opinions on how it would actually work? Like the opinion on how changing something in the 70s keeps them alive?
It doesn't make sense. If they display the future in the alternate timeline with Cyke back, then what is the point of even having the FC cast and the 1970's. None of it makes sense.

Quote:
I still dont friggin understand why is an issue looking for an excuse to bring back Cyclops?

HE DIDNT DIE ON-SCREEN.

Jean could have taken over Phoenix, realized what she was doing and just send flying Scott to the woods or somewhere in Alkali Lake... Her mind was screwed so she couldn´t remember anything about it... thats why she assumed she killed Scott while talking with Logan.

I remember a comic from X-treme X-Men where Cyclops was left dying on some mountains by wolverine. And he managed to survive by himself for days, even weeks with broken bones and stuff.

I HAVE FAITH HE IS BACK.

AND I HAVE FAITH, HIS ROLE WILL FINALLY BE HONORED. If not in this movie, they will hopefully lay a ground for it in X4.
So he just goes away for 8 years? I mean seriously? Where has he been? And if he has been around for all that time, you would need to explain exactly what happened at Alkali Lake. We already need a better explanation for Xavier's return as it is. Now Cyke? Too convoluted and unbelievable. I think it has to be setup in The Wolverine as per how he returns. Use the two movies to bridge each other and solve the Cyke problem. Otherwise, it's probably just a cameo in the end.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #891
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

I'm not going to get my hopes up on any sort of relevant character involvement for either Scott or Jean. But seeing them even in a cameo capacity will be a bonus for me.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #892
Double B
Side-Kick

I still have no idea why people want convoluted explanations about how he possibly "didn't die" in X3 when this is a movie that will, with 99% certainty, end with a reset timeline. There it is. A quick, easy and simple way to bring him back.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #893
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

If he didn't die in X3 then he can appear in more of DOFP then just a cameo, while if he did die it will have to be an end cameo

I'd rather it be a bigger role but a cameo will do

Old 05-08-2013, 03:00 PM   #894
TheWolverine
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
It doesn't make sense. If they display the future in the alternate timeline with Cyke back, then what is the point of even having the FC cast and the 1970's. None of it makes sense.

So he just goes away for 8 years? I mean seriously? Where has he been? And if he has been around for all that time, you would need to explain exactly what happened at Alkali Lake. We already need a better explanation for Xavier's return as it is. Now Cyke? Too convoluted and unbelievable. I think it has to be setup in The Wolverine as per how he returns. Use the two movies to bridge each other and solve the Cyke problem. Otherwise, it's probably just a cameo in the end.

8 years??? Is it officially stated that DOFP is set 8 years after The Last Stand???

Old 05-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #895
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
8 years??? Is it officially stated that DOFP is set 8 years after The Last Stand???
Well it has to be at least 8 years. It could be more depending on how far in the future the OT scenes are set.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 05-08-2013, 03:09 PM   #896
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

on the main page it mentions jeans role will be in a flashback in the wolverine? they look abit close didnt they in that flashback.

Id like to think they wouldnt push a love story more between jean and logan

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 05-08-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #897
Manic X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Well it has to be at least 8 years. It could be more depending on how far in the future the OT scenes are set.
Says who? We have no idea when the 'future' scenes are set. For all we know, it could be right after X3. We really don't know anything.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #898
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
on the main page it mentions jeans role will be in a flashback in the wolverine? they look abit close didnt they in that flashback
It's probably a dream. Or Famke is sending him a vision. It can't possibly be a past event since she's been dead all those years. It is not implied anywhere that Jean/Logan hooked up or got that intimate with one another at any time from the OT. The Dark Phoenix was just some sex crazed **** that was desperate. That trailer doesn't resemble the Dark Phoenix at all.

I think Jean has returned as a White Phoenix or some sentient being. Maybe The Wolverine will flesh that out briefly. Maybe she tells Logan there is a way to bring everybody back by changing the past. Maybe Patrick Stewart gets the same vision leading to the two meeting at the airport.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #899
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
It's probably a dream. Or Famke is sending him a vision. It can't possibly be a past event since she's been dead all those years. It is not implied anywhere that Jean/Logan hooked up or got that intimate with one another at any time from the OT. The Dark Phoenix was just some sex crazed **** that was desperate. That trailer doesn't resemble the Dark Phoenix at all.

I think Jean has returned as a White Phoenix or some sentient being. Maybe The Wolverine will flesh that out briefly. Maybe she tells Logan there is a way to bring everybody back by changing the past. Maybe Patrick Stewart gets the same vision leading to the two meeting at the airport.
Famke said its a flashback though

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
"I couldn’t tell you [how much I’m in it]. It’s a flashback sequence, but that’s all I can say. You’ll just have to wait until July!"

Old 05-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #900
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Famke Janssen On X-MEN Movies; Reveals Details Of Her Appearance In THE WOLVERINE

“I think that the X-Men series is a really successful one in constantly finding new and additional characters, or younger versions of the same characters to explore. Of course the X-Men as a comic book has so many characters that filmmakers can explore. I like what they’re doing. I think that they’ve always chosen really fine actors. With X-Men: First Class you had Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence and James McAvoy so it’s amazing the kind of actors they keep getting for these. It’s a classy series so I’m proud to be a part of it”.

“I couldn't tell you [how much I’m in it]. It’s a flashback sequence, but that’s all I can say. You’ll just have to wait until July!”

http://www. comic bookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=79144

Closed Thread