Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #951
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
The 2012 photo is actually really unrepresentative of how Famke looks now. Just do a Google image search for "Famke Janssen 2013" and you'll see what I mean. Not that there is anything wrong with that, she just looks like the 47 year old woman she is.
Yes,2013 pics:

Looks amazing!

And Wolverine trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th1NTVIhUQU

Old 05-24-2013, 10:31 PM   #952
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

She looks good!

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 05-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #953
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Despite Jean Grey’s death in the previous film, Janssen plays a role Mangold described as “a shadow presence” who “pops up to mock, comfort, and advise Logan much as Number Six tortured and Gaius Baltar on Battlestar Galactica.”
Director James Mangold on Jean's role in the Wolverine. So it sounds like it isn't even a cameo after all and comprises more than one scene.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #954
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

So Logan is crazy?
Because Jean popping up from the great beyond to mock anybody is way off character.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:51 PM   #955
psyonic
X-Man

If the rumours of her returning at the end of The Wolverine to tell Logan it's not his time to die and he has unfinished business then maybe this is her "advising" Logan what is to come in DoFP.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #956
DarknessOfDeath
Saving the Galaxy...

I hope thats true...i mean...from what I read elsewhere. I've writing a similar story where its about Scott and this takes place in a what if Scott never died reality. He kills Jean himself, having no use of his power (cause Jean did something to his mind and power when she held them back at Alkali Lake) and he feels bad for doing what he did so he goes through tough times and is haunted by Jean the same way and time that Logan is going through, which his story is told elsewhere in the Wolverine. I wrote a scene towards the end that leads right into DOFP...

Old 05-31-2013, 11:34 AM   #957
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath View Post
I hope thats true...i mean...from what I read elsewhere.
Well, hopefully the director is not leading fans on about Jean's role. Glad to hear it is not just a one scene cameo though!

I actually tweeted him about Jean a week ago and got 2 slightly cryptic responses (this is before he revealed what her role would actually be).

Quote:
Me: hoping that one scene of Jean Grey spoiled in the trailer is not all we see of her! Some fans are to be really disappointed if so!

Mangold: It will forever stump me why folks who don't want things spoiled watch trailers obsessively. Like diabetics eating cake.

Mangold: To answer you question would be to spoil things more, no?
Odd responses...

Old 06-26-2013, 09:15 AM   #958
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

After the director's comments (Janssen plays a role Mangold described as “a shadow presence” who “pops up to mock, comfort, and advise Logan) these two other bits should confirm that Famke/Jean is a supporting character in the Wolverine:

1) Famke will be walking the UK red carpet with the other stars on July 16. I expect she will walk the US one as well.

2) Jean got her own poster for the movie!

Hopefully, she will do some promotion too and get a couple questions about DOFP

Old 06-26-2013, 09:29 AM   #959
DarknessOfDeath
Saving the Galaxy...

well its if just a supporting role... i approve of this poser but if it isn't really, then...lol. nvm. im just rambling...

Old 06-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #960
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

I pray for this.Famke must be on X-Men DOFP.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:16 AM   #961
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If Famke Is In DOFP It would probally be cameo at end of film showing corrected future apart from Last Stand as Bryan Singer has hinted.Inless we are being misled and future with sentinles Is pure alternate timeline and Jean and Cyclops show up and they want to keep all this under wraps.

If the Last Stand Is being retconned through timetravel the question remains would they want to use Jean for future films In retconed future.

I certinly don't put It past Bryan Singer to mislead people to keep surprises In final film.have we all forgotten what happened In X2.He went to great lengths to keep setup for phoenix and her sacrifice under wraps.The novelatian had Jean going blind and promo pics of her at white house were released to make people think she would be a part of that scene to hide her sacrifice.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #962
DOFP
Side-Kick

^^ that is true.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #963
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

At best, Famke Jannsen will have a cameo in DOFP. But now that they are marketing her in The Wolverine and they are even including her in the movie premiere of The Wolverine. I really hope she doesn't appear in DOFP, this is gonna be the 1st modern-day team movie since X3, I hope they give her a break.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #964
Angamb
Banned User

totally agree.

Id love to see Scott again, but Id preffer to keep Jean and Scott out of this movie. With Cyclops returning right on the next sequel in a big way. (and Jean with another break)

Another Jean presence would mean more Wolverine-Jean-Scott scenes, and honestly, I need something new.

Id take Gambit-Rogue-Iceman all day before more Jean-Wolverine stuff. Dont want to remember X3 anymore.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #965
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I just think they need to take this film series in a new direction. Get rid some of the characters like Professor X, Magneto, Mystique and Jean Grey. Introduce new members to the X-Men and villains. And at the same time, keep some of the characters that we have seen before like Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Shadowcat, Colossus. So there's something new and something old. They always do that in the comics, they change the line-up, they change the villains but they don't change the entire roster.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #966
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I just think they need to take this film series in a new direction. Get rid some of the characters like Professor X, Magneto, Mystique and Jean Grey. Introduce new members to the X-Men and villains. And at the same time, keep some of the characters that we have seen before like Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Shadowcat, Colossus. So there's something new and something old. They always do that in the comics, they change the line-up, they change the villains but they don't change the entire roster.
All the characters you want to get rid of are major in the area of as you say "familiarity" and that according to you sells

You can't have one without other

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 06-26-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #967
DarknessOfDeath
Saving the Galaxy...

I get what's being said here over and over...but I'm getting to the point where if those who are oppose to Jean and Scott being in DOFP, then whats the point of having this thread?

yeah i know, its open to speculation and all that nonsense but the more I read the same comments in here, the more my hopes begin to dwindle. And I can speak for just about anyone who's hoping to see at least a cameo of Jean and Scott and hopefully a follow up in the next movie with them in it.

Thing is, I'm done with the whole love triangle between Jean, Scott and Wolverine. I think it's done. It doesn't have to resurface because at this point Logan can come to grips about Jean and move on. In the comics, they've been close and been good friends. Nothing more. Sure there's the odd attraction between here and there but if Singer can show us them just being friends and nothing more...then we have nothing to worry about the love triangle resurfacing.

Anyway, I've said what I said and I am moving on. Being pretty much the lurker that I am. Cya all in May next year.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #968
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
All the characters you want to get rid are as you say "familiarity" and that according to you sells

You can't have one without other
Having Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Colossus, Iceman, Rogue, Shadowcat and some of the new additions from DOFP are enough. And just because I said familiarity sells, it doesn't mean ALL of them should comeback. That would make the cast bloated and some of them wouldn't have time to do much. Some characters have got to go along the way. Look at Avengers 2, they have majority of the cast returning for the sequel, but according to reports, Loki won't be in the movie.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #969
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Having Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Colossus, Iceman, Rogue, Shadowcat and some of the new additions from DOFP are enough. And just because I said familiarity sells, it doesn't mean ALL of them should comeback. That would make the cast bloated and some of them wouldn't have time to do much. Some characters have got to go along the way. Look at Avengers 2, they have majority of the cast returning for the sequel, but according to reports, Loki won't be in the movie.
Seeing as your a person who likes to say xmen shouldn't be like the avengers franchise with the spin off films I think its silly you pointing avengers as an example

You seem to think you can pick some characters and get rid of alot of the major ones then still act like audiences will act the same for the return of colossus for example, most audiences just know him as a strong metal mute, it doesn't work that way, the recognisable characters are magneto, xavier,mystique wolverine and not even storm has hit popular culture in the same way them 4 have in this film franchise

Fans of the comics know who most these mutants are, general audiences don't know much about them

I just don't understand your reasoning, its like its you decide who is familiar to audiences and who isn't and who should be left alone

Old 06-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #970
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Seeing as your a person who likes to say xmen shouldn't be like the avengers franchise with the spin off films I think its silly you pointing avengers as an example
Huh? First of all, The Avengers never released a spin-off film, MCU never released a spin-off film. They have films for Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, At-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy and The Avengers but none of them are spin-offs.

If there's a solo film for Black Widow, Nick Fury, Hawkeye, War Machine, Winter Soldier, Loki, Rocket Raccoon then I will consider those as spin-off films.

And what I said was MCU is not X-Men. And MCU has a lot of properties that can be turned into a movie series and even if some of their films don't do well at the box-office, it wouldn't hurt their other movie series like Iron Man/The Avengers. With X-Men, its totally the opposite.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #971
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
You seem to think you can pick some characters and get rid of alot of the major ones then still act like audiences will act the same for the return of colossus for example, most audiences just know him as a strong metal mute, it doesn't work that way, the recognisable characters are magneto, xavier,mystique wolverine and not even storm has hit popular culture in the same way them 4 have in this film franchise

Fans of the comics know who most these mutants are, general audiences don't know much about them

I just don't understand your reasoning, its like its you decide who is familiar to audiences and who isn't and who should be left alone
Well thats my take if X-Men should have a new/fresh direction. I don't think they could focus enough with the other characters if Magneto/Professor X are still in the picture and I don't really see the point of having Mystique in every movie, she's no Wolverine. I'm keeping Wolverine because he's the face of this franchise and he's the biggest draw. And if you don't know it by now, I'm keeping Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Colossus and Shadowcat so they could flesh them out as characters.

And its less riskier than doing another FC film, a Deadpool movie, a X-Force movie, a New Mutants movie and a third Wolverine movie.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:48 PM   #972
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Huh? First of all, The Avengers never released a spin-off film, MCU never released a spin-off film. They have films for Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, At-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy and The Avengers but none of them are spin-offs.

If there's a solo film for Black Widow, Nick Fury, Hawkeye, War Machine, Winter Soldier, Loki, Rocket Raccoon then I will consider those as spin-off films.
Still in the same universe, same way a spin off would be, they ain't saying ok let's just make avengers 3,4,5 and introduce new characters in them films because it will make the money and make no more solo stuff

You already said you don't think they should do any solo films in the xmen franchise, so its completely different, Loki will be in the new Thor film, so he doesn't have to be in the next avengers film

Is all in the same universe, black window was in iron man 2, then the avengers and now captain America, that 1 character

So you comparing the avengers 2 to X-men just doesn't work

Old 06-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #973
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Still in the same universe, same way a spin off would be, they ain't saying ok let's just make avengers 3,4,5 and introduce new characters in them films because it will make the money and make no more solo stuff You already said you don't think they should do any solo films in the xmen franchise, so its completely different, Loki will be in the new Thor film, so he doesn't have to be in the next avengers film

Is all in the same universe, black window was in iron man 2, then the avengers and now captain America, that 1 character

So you comparing the avengers 2 to X-men just doesn't work
I'm just saying that X-Men films shouldn't keep the entire roster for every modern-day X-Men team movie. Some characters have got to go and a lot of movie franchises do that, not just Avengers. I just used Avengers 2 as an example for that.

Releasing spin-off films is another thing. Of course you have to complicate what I was trying to say. Just because I compared X-Men to Avengers, it doesn't mean all things should be similar between those two.

I wasn't even talking about spin-offs to begin with.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 06-26-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:55 PM   #974
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well thats my take if X-Men should have a new/fresh direction. I don't think they could focus enough with the other characters if Magneto/Professor X are still in the picture and I don't really see the point of having Mystique in every movie, she's no Wolverine. I'm keeping Wolverine because he's the face of this franchise and he's the biggest draw. And if you don't know it by now, I'm keeping Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Colossus and Shadowcat so they could flesh them out as characters.

And its less riskier than doing another FC film, a Deadpool movie, a X-Force movie, a New Mutants movie and a third Wolverine movie.
Why because you lose xavier, magneto? And keep wolverine and a few other supporting character? This will be kitty's 2nd movie technically, same as the cast of FC and colossus as I said not much to him and i don't think anyone who isnt a comic fan knows who he is, So that leaves storm, wolverine, iceman and rogue

I have already said after DOFP I can see FC being alot more popular to audiences, same as OT if the OT characters are done well this time

Old 06-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #975
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm just saying that X-Men films shouldn't keep the entire roster for every modern-day X-Men team movie. Some characters have got to go and a lot of movie franchises do that, not just Avengers. I just used Avengers 2 as an example for that.

Releasing spin-off films is another thing. Of course you have to complicate what I was trying to say. Just because I compared X-Men to Avengers, it doesn't mean all things should be similar between those two.

I wasn't even talking about spin-offs to begin with.
Hey you are the one who said Xmen isn't the same as the MCU, your exact words, I notice you contradict yourself and might be best if you didn't

Each character in the avengers has been explored, hasn't been the same with Xmen, if Loki and iron man were the only characters explored in solo film and the others like Thor and hulk were just in the avengers then yeah they probably would bring Loki back

Totally different