Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #976
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Why because you lose xavier, magneto? And keep wolverine and a few other supporting character? This will be kitty's 2nd movie technically, same as the cast of FC and colossus as I said not much to him and i don't think anyone who isnt a comic fan knows who he is, So that leaves storm, wolverine, iceman and rogue

I have already said after DOFP I can see FC being alot more popular to audiences, same as OT if the OT characters are done well this time
And I believe Colossus will always be a strong metal mute if Professor X and Magneto are still in the picture because they will keep focusing on the relationship between those two and they wouldn't put them aside them for other characters to shine. With Wolverine, they could easily put him aside by just giving him his own fight scenes and his own mini story-arc in the movie, he wouldn't have a huge weight to the film compare to Prof X/Magneto.

And losing Professor X and Magneto wouldn't hurt that much if there's still characters like Wolverine that could draw people.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 06-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #977
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Hey you are the one who said Xmen isn't the same as the MCU, your exact words, I notice you contradict yourself and might be best if you didn't

Each character in the avengers has been explored, hasn't been the same with Xmen, if Loki and iron man were the only characters explored in solo film and the others like Thor and hulk were just in the avengers then yeah they probably would bring Loki back

Totally different
I'm not contracting myself. I said MCU is not X-Men, but it doesn't mean Avengers and X-Men are not both film franchises.

I merely used Avengers as an example because like X-Men, its a superhero team film series. It is simple as that. Releasing spin-offs or being part of MCU is another thing.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 06-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #978
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Well If that's how you feel

Old 06-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #979
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Yeah thats how I feel. I wasn't talking about why X-Men shouldn't release spin-off movies.

Maybe if there's more superhero film series out there like X-Men that wasn't part of "Marvel Cinematic Universe" I probably wouldn't mention The Avengers 2 as an example on why films shouldn't bring back the entire cast for the next movie.

And 1 of the points of not bringing back all of the characters to a sequel is to make room for new characters. Another point is to have more room for the less developed characters. It would be stupid to bring back Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Prof X, Jean, Magneto, Mystique, Beast, Rogue, Colossus, Shadowcat, Bishop, Nightcrawler, Warpath, Blink, Iceman in the next modern day X-Men team movie. Could you focus on the less developed characters with that roster? Could Prof X and Magneto just appear in the background so Colossus, Rogue, Iceman, Storm and Shadowcat would shine? So some characters have got to go.

"'Nuff said" - SM3

Last edited by psylockolussus; 06-26-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:24 AM   #980
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Angamb always fights against Jean / Famke.Nobody wants to see again Kelsey Gramer or Ben Foster.

We need Famke as Fenix​​,but this time with the bird of fire.She deserves another chance,is the best X-woman.

Please stop haters.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:17 AM   #981
Angamb
Banned User

what does have to do my name with these latest messages?

and none wants to see Kelsey Grammer? where do you lives dude?

EVERYONE loved Kelsey as Beast, and many people has been mentioning him to come back. So lets not be so blind

Old 06-27-2013, 04:33 AM   #982
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Blind?

ejej,Angamb,only what you like it is worth.Most want the return of Famke.

Kelsey, Taylor, Ben?

Your campaign x-men 4 & 5 only claim your tastes,It does not represent the fans.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:05 AM   #983
Angamb
Banned User

our campaign layout includes 11 actors name.

so its not like we are campaiging for only 1 actor, like you do.

and since we know each other from other boards, I dont think superherhype needs to see our conversations too, so I wont discuss the same things again on here. sorry.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:27 AM   #984
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
our campaign layout includes 11 actors name.

so its not like we are campaiging for only 1 actor, like you do.

and since we know each other from other boards, I dont think superherhype needs to see our conversations too, so I wont discuss the same things again on here. sorry.
X-men films supports all the original cast,they represent all fans.I'm not going to argue,You know I have reason.

And please stop sabotage our campaign for Famke

Old 06-27-2013, 08:11 AM   #985
BMM
Side-Kick

This place gets weirder and weirder.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #986
Angamb
Banned User

I feel u.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #987
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I just think they need to take this film series in a new direction. Get rid some of the characters like Professor X, Magneto, Mystique and Jean Grey. Introduce new members to the X-Men and villains. And at the same time, keep some of the characters that we have seen before like Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Shadowcat, Colossus. So there's something new and something old. They always do that in the comics, they change the line-up, they change the villains but they don't change the entire roster.
but why focus on the less characterized and, honestly, not as well portrayed mutants like Storm, Iceman, and Colossus. Sure, fans like these characters but the performances of the actors were bland and forgettable. If anyone should have been shelved it was Storm and Iceman two bland/limited actors in thankless roles.

Last edited by SterlingDee; 06-27-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #988
Angamb
Banned User

both Halle and Shawn have much more potential than what the writers and directors have given to them.

Just because their roles werent the best doesnt mean they cant to great things in upcoming movies.

What a franchise like this should do is to improve the characters with each movie, not to use and drop characters like they were kleenex

Old 06-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #989
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

That is why Famke must return,we need more of his great performance.

His return with James Marsden.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #990
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingDee View Post
but why focus on the less characterized and, honestly, not as well portrayed mutants like Storm, Iceman, and Colossus. Sure, fans like these characters but the performances of the actors were bland and forgettable. If anyone should have been shelved it was Storm and Iceman two bland/limited actors in thankless roles.
Halle and Shawn's portrayal of Iceman and Storm could be improved by giving them more role and if the writers don't make them look weak. As for Daniel Cudmore, I'm always open for a recast.

People are gonna warm up to Storm, Iceman and Colossus once they are presented well in the film.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 06-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #991
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingDee View Post
Because face it we're sick to death of Wolverine, Prof X, Magneto and Mystique (a character that should have left the franchise a long time ago) and Storm and Iceman are interesting characters that have yet to be developed and one of them is portrayed by an oscar winner, that given the chance could do wonders with the role. Some of us do not want to settle for more of the same. Just saying.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER

Last edited by NanaT; 06-27-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #992
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Actually in the comics, cartoons and videogames, I'm more interested when things are centered around Storm, Iceman, Rogue and not Wolvie, Prof X and Mags.

And I really don't think a villain like Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse would really shine if Magneto is in the picture. Like I said before, Magneto was the one who defeated Stryker in X2 and Sebastian Shaw in FirstClass. And if Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse appear in a X-Men movie as the main villain and Magneto is still part of the cast, I'm pretty sure he would be instrumental in defeating those two.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 06-27-2013, 11:42 PM   #993
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Blaire View Post
That is why Famke must return,we need more of his great performance.

His return with James Marsden.
what?

Old 06-27-2013, 11:47 PM   #994
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Actually in the comics, cartoons and videogames, I'm more interested when things are centered around Storm, Iceman, Rogue and not Wolvie, Prof X and Mags.

And I really don't think a villain like Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse would really shine if Magneto is in the picture. Like I said before, Magneto was the one who defeated Stryker in X2 and Sebastian Shaw in FirstClass. And if Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse appear in a X-Men movie as the main villain and Magneto is still part of the cast, I'm pretty sure he would be instrumental in defeating those two.
Wolverine has always worked best as the gruff warrior loner, who the rest of the team has issues with, and often does and says things people don't want to admit are true. Turning him into a speech giving leader loses the appeal that made him so popular. The animated wolverine from the 90s x-men series and X-men evolution in the 200Os are great examples.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:51 PM   #995
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

And thats why I said, they could just give Wolverine his own action scenes and his story-arc in the movie. He doesn't have to be the leader of the team or the focus of the movie.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 06-27-2013, 11:57 PM   #996
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Magneto is a big part of the X-men franchise, film, cartoons or comics. He's been the X-men's nemesis but he's also been an X-man. And considering the character is portrayed by two excellent actors in the top of their game, it's not that easy to toss aside this important character.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:06 AM   #997
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Magneto is a big part of the X-men franchise, film, cartoons or comics. He's been the X-men's nemesis but he's also been an X-man. And considering the character is portrayed by two excellent actors in the top of their game, it's not that easy to toss aside this important character.
Well if they didn't use the original cast and some of the characters that were in the original trilogy for 2 to 3 movies (except for Professor X/Wolverine), I don't see why its so impossible not to bring Magneto back for the 8th X-Men film.

I just think the modern-day X-Men team films don't have to always revolve around Magneto. They could easily introduce Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse as the new protagonists and market them to the general audience as the next big X-Men nemesis. Losing Magneto wouldn't hurt that much. And if The Wolverine outgrosses First Class, its gonna be another proof for that.

"'Nuff said" - SM3

Last edited by psylockolussus; 06-28-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:00 AM   #998
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Because face it we're sick to death of Wolverine, Prof X, Magneto and Mystique (a character that should have left the franchise a long time ago) and Storm and Iceman are interesting characters that have yet to be developed and one of them is portrayed by an oscar winner, that given the chance could do wonders with the role. Some of us do not want to settle for more of the same. Just saying.
Unless they recast the roles and reinvent the characters, I kinda fail to see how featuring the same characters played by the same actors in the four previous movies is not "more of the same". Whether they got much development or not, they've been around the block for a long time now.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #999
NanaT
X-Men United!

M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Unless they recast the roles and reinvent the characters, I kinda fail to see how featuring the same characters played by the same actors in the four previous movies is not "more of the same". Whether they got much development or not, they've been around the block for a long time now.
Maybe I should clarify. This franchise has focused on the same four characters in every film. Many fans of the franchise are now tired of seeing them given all the development and attention. The films have placed more attention on the Xavier/Magneto relationship than the comics do. Fact of the matter is the movies have not focused anywhere near enough attention on the X-Men as a team. Characters steeped in the X-Men mythos like Cyclops and Storm two of the X-Men's greatest leaders have been unfairly sidelined in this series in favour of Wolvie, Prof X and Mags. If the entirety of the X-Men lore was focused on just those characters than I guarantee you that the X-Men would not be anywhere as popular as they are.

I want the next movie to focus on characters that have not been explored as much as those three. I don't understand how some fans can say that because a certain character
was not developed in the OT, they shouldn't be focused on in any new movies. It makes no sense and I can't comprehend why any self respecting X-Men fan would say something like that . Like I said I don't want more of the same, I want different characters to finally be in the spotlight. It's because of them collectively why the X-Men are so popular and so they deservedly should each get a chance to share the limelight.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER

Last edited by NanaT; 06-28-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #1000
Angamb
Banned User

absolutely agree with the whole comment.

Closed Thread