The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #301
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Except because of all the events the last decade in the comics, he has and has been smacked down far more then he should have.

My only point is it is easy to understand why the public doesn't see Thor as all that powerful. If Thor could solo it to save lives, he should have soloed it. You can't have him talking to Loki about madness and then "not try his hardest" while people are dying. It makes him look completely ridiculous. That is how powerful Thor is right now. He might get stronger in his next film, who knows. I hope so.
I disagree. That's thor's character. he has the (few, one) feat in his solo movie. Why he didn't cut loose as he did in the frost giant battle, I dont know, but he has an awesome feat of power. THAT's him at his most powerful, so far. Not in the avengers.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:37 PM   #302
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I disagree. That's thor's character. he has the (few, one) feat in his solo movie. Why he didn't cut loose as he did in the frost giant battle, I dont know, but he has an awesome feat of power. THAT's him at his most powerful, so far. Not in the avengers.
Well i always figured that since Thor has come to learn humility since the events of his first film and how his actions can have direct consequences on others, that he's more conscious of how he fights when he's fighting in a environment with innocents or allies are near him. If he were to cut loose like that, then he'd put everyone else in harm's way.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:37 PM   #303
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Thor has done some pretty cool stuff...this being my favorite..

I hope they keep stepping up his feats until Ragnarok comes and he just goes crazy!

Old 03-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #304
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Well, the team up with Thor and Hulk taking down that one leviathan was pretty awesome too...as well as the bottlenecking the portal scene.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #305
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mighty_Thor View Post
Don't you mean when he gave Iron-Man a 400% power boost so that he would last long enough to be toyed with?
Seriously. As if Thor crushing Stark's armor with his bare hands wasn't enough of a clue.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #306
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Seriously. As if Thor crushing Stark's armor with his bare hands wasn't enough of a clue.
I know.Seriously.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #307
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Don't forget sending a guy in a suit of armor flying back 30-40ft after head butting him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post

I hope they keep stepping up his feats until Ragnarok comes and he just goes crazy!
Man I remember watching that scene for the first time at the special screening I went to. I felt like Sean William Scott in "Old School" when he sees Will Ferrell shoot himself in the neck with a dart gun.

In retrospect, I understand why they edited that whole Helicarrier sequence the way they did ..... but man it sort of took away from the Hulk/Thor fight. Every time it started gaining some momentum they had to cut away from it. After the newness of the film wore off, the repeat viewings always left me feeling a little short-changed.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 03-08-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:18 AM   #308
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
EVERYTIME I watch TA with someone they always have a big reaction to Thor's headbutt. Pretty much everyone I talked about TA with thinks Thor is a "badass".

Yeah he was definately not memorable in the film.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 03-10-2013 at 01:18 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:36 AM   #309
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
EVERYTIME I watch The Avengers with someone they always have a big reaction to Thor's headbutt. Pretty much everyone I talked about TA with thinks Thor is a "badass".

Pretty much what my cousin said to me today. He's never been an Avengers fan (his heart belongs to the X-universe), but after he finally watched Thor and Avengers, he thinks Thor is a badass and can't wait to see more of his universe.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:56 AM   #310
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnbjorn View Post
he thinks Thor is a badass and can't wait to see more of his universe.
Too bad Disney is willfully crashing their own property by not promoting it properly. If only they'd listened to Internet Marketing Genius #3646587587 and shown trailers two years ago.

- Ryōkan

Old 03-09-2013, 01:15 AM   #311
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Too bad Disney is willfully crashing their own property by not promoting it properly. If only they'd listened to Internet Marketing Genius #3646587587 and shown trailers two years ago.
Not surprisingly, they're on their way to bankruptcy.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:20 AM   #312
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
EVERYTIME I watch The Avengers with someone they always have a big reaction to Thor's headbutt. Pretty much everyone I talked about TA with thinks Thor is a "badass".

Quote:
Pretty much what my cousin said to me today. He's never been an Avengers fan (his heart belongs to the X-universe), but after he finally watched Thor and Avengers, he thinks Thor is a badass and can't wait to see more of his universe.
well that's the plain and simple truth. Thor is a badass. Plain and simple

Old 03-09-2013, 01:26 AM   #313
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not surprisingly, they're on their way to bankruptcy.
Stupid mouse.

- Ryōkan

Old 03-09-2013, 01:50 AM   #314
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Lemmie see!

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 03-09-2013, 05:52 AM   #315
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:

Well that, and I'd also like to point out as well that during the scene where Thor and Hulk were fighting alongside each other, if a person looks carefully, you can see Thor taking a laser blast to the face from one of the chitauri soldiers without even flinching from the shot.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:14 AM   #316
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorOdinSon View Post
No my point was not just that IM3 had already had trailer by this point, I only pointed that out because of the back lash I got when I mentioned that Thor should have a trailer by now. My point, and I will say this again, is that by this point for IRON MAN 3, we had trailers, pictures, concept art, and all around more publicity and marketing. It's simply an observation. If you disagree with that statement, prove it. If you think it's a mute point, simply because you know they will focus on Thor 2 after Iron Man 3, then guess what, I know and agree they will, they have no other choice. But I've never said Marvel doesn't plan to market Thor, I said up until this point they have done a poor job marketing Thor, the same way they did Iron Man 3, if you go back 7 months.
No. You're confused. IM3's first trailer & poster didn't debut 7 months ago - they debuted October 22nd, about 4.5 months ago; aka, under 7 months before the films release at the end of next month.

Thor will have a trailer out with IM3, which is... wait for it... under 7 months away from the films release. We'll get a poster at that time, too.

Rumour has it we might even have the trailer early April, which would of course push it's marketing window out longer than IM3's.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 03-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #317
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well that, and I'd also like to point out as well that during the scene where Thor and Hulk were fighting alongside each other, if a person looks carefully, you can see Thor taking a laser blast to the face from one of the chitauri soldiers without even flinching from the shot.
I haven't caught that one. Will have to look for it later.

- Ryōkan

Old 03-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #318
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Characters strength and power levels tend to flux depending on many things
  • the characters popularity at the time of writing
  • powers level are written to serve the story so are inconsistent
  • some writers struggle to write very strong characters
  • very strong powered characters can by seen to some to lack a s sense of jeopardy.
Take a character like Superman for example. If he was written to his proper power level most of his stories would last about two pages.

In terms of Thors powers in the movies it depends on how advanced the special effects technology is and how much it costs. Movies have a budget and timeframe that doesn't always allow filmmakers to things the way they would like.

Thor 2 don't come out until november. Marvel/Disney isn't going to waste money with a marketing blitz this early.

We will get a trailer next month and I'm sure there will be a drip drip of stuff before the marketing campaign really kicks off in the autumn

Last edited by chamber-music; 03-09-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #319
T"Challa
Side-Kick

I think most people who wish to see Thor fight in warrior madness mode are going to be disappointed. I remember watching a Bryan Singer interview years ago around the time X2 was released, someone asked him about the dark Phoenix on the big screen. he said something to the effect of most writers/directors finding it very difficult working with overpowered characters. Obviously this didnt stop him from directing a movie with the most overpowered character ever ,lol..but he did have a point imo.

You have to find a way of making the protagonist vulnerable and for a guy like Thor, that means suppressing his abilities to an extent. There's really no way around it.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #320
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
I think most people who wish to see Thor fight in warrior madness mode are going to be disappointed. I remember watching a Bryan Singer interview years ago around the time X2 was released, someone asked him about the dark Phoenix on the big screen. he said something to the effect of most writers/directors finding it very difficult working with overpowered characters. Obviously this didnt stop him from directing a movie with the most overpowered character ever ,lol..but he did have a point imo.

You have to find a way of making the protagonist vulnerable and for a guy like Thor, that means suppressing his abilities to an extent. There's really no way around it.
there's actually plenty of of ways. We don't need warrior madness. We just want Thor using his powers unrestricted. It doesnt have to be like in the comics. just more than what we have seen, and it being apparent he is cutting loose. against an enemy like kurse, they can be accomplished for one battle. If they have a lot of collateral damage, it would let the audience know that it can be dangerous for thor to realllllly cut loose.

thor isn't a two trick pony as someone here said. they won't make him one either

Old 03-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #321
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post

He has done pretty neat stuff so far, but i always felt he was used overwhelmingly.
Maybe its my fanboy bias...

Old 03-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #322
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

This kid on Youtube claims his uncle worked on Thor 2 props at Shepperton Studios and gave him a sword and a dagger from the set.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-09-2013, 11:11 PM   #323
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
This kid on Youtube claims his uncle worked on Thor 2 props at Shepperton Studios and gave him a sword and a dagger from the set.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
That looks like a mix of game of thrones and asgardian vibe.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:50 AM   #324
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
That is pretty cool. Wish I knew someone on the sets lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Last edited by Vartha; 03-10-2013 at 03:33 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:23 AM   #325
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post

Nah that's just the lazy way out, Zack Snyder doesn't seem to be having any problem showing Supes as a powerhouse.

By the way, I'm okay with Thor's power level so far I was just stating that fact.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Closed Thread