The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #351
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,913
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Like I said in the IM thread, I wonder if this marks an end to the tag scene at the end of Marvel movies and the beginning of the "Exclusive Look" era to show off what's coming. It fits with what Feige's been saying about references to Avengers 2 in the Phase 2 standalones. He indicated that the Avengers references would be scattered throughout and that we may not recognize them right away. Not sure a tag scene fits that description since it's a blatant connection to other films.
not too sure what you mean?

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #352
Crimson King
Throwing shade
 
Crimson King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,607
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

I mean that instead of a mid-credit or after-credit scene that ties the movies together, we'll get a trailer, or an "exclusive look" kind of thing that shows off the next movie in line.

__________________
kingwrites.com

Recent guest appearances on The Hodgepodge Podcast to discuss 75 years of Batman and CA:TWS
Crimson King is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #353
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 6,968
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I mean that instead of a mid-credit or after-credit scene that ties the movies together, we'll get a trailer, or an "exclusive look" kind of thing that shows off the next movie in line.
Yeah, I can see that. Kinda like how Cap had the Avengers teaser thingy after the credits. Except this would be before the credits?

__________________
Iron Man 3 - 8.5/10 | Man of Steel -7/10 | The Wolverine -9/10 | Thor: The Dark World - 8.5/10
Sci-Fi Space Adventure Returns 2014-15: Guardians of the Galaxy & Star Wars Episode VII
Hulk|Spider-Man|Superman|Hellboy|X-Men|Thor
A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Doc Ock is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #354
spideymouse
Side-Kick
 
spideymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,476
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Yeah, I can see that. Kinda like how Cap had the Avengers teaser thingy after the credits. Except this would be before the credits?
Wouldn't we want to see it after Iron Man 3 ends, to get that hyped-up feeling for the next movie? I guess it doesn't really matter either way. It certainly may not have the same impact the hammer reveal had after Iron Man 2.

spideymouse is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #355
Kryptonian Titan
Most powerful being.
 
Kryptonian Titan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 703
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Wouldn't we want to see it after Iron Man 3 ends, to get that hyped-up feeling for the next movie? I guess it doesn't really matter either way. It certainly may not have the same impact the hammer reveal had after Iron Man 2.
I can't see why it wouldn't.

Kryptonian Titan is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #356
Crimson King
Throwing shade
 
Crimson King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,607
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Yeah, I can see that. Kinda like how Cap had the Avengers teaser thingy after the credits. Except this would be before the credits?
I'm thinking after credits, actually. It would seem weird to have a trailer mid-credits.

__________________
kingwrites.com

Recent guest appearances on The Hodgepodge Podcast to discuss 75 years of Batman and CA:TWS
Crimson King is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #357
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 6,968
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I'm thinking after credits, actually. It would seem weird to have a trailer mid-credits.
Oops I meant to say before the movie not before credits, that would be weird Indeed! But I like the after credits idea.

__________________
Iron Man 3 - 8.5/10 | Man of Steel -7/10 | The Wolverine -9/10 | Thor: The Dark World - 8.5/10
Sci-Fi Space Adventure Returns 2014-15: Guardians of the Galaxy & Star Wars Episode VII
Hulk|Spider-Man|Superman|Hellboy|X-Men|Thor
A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Doc Ock is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #358
Lady Marion
Anyone else?
 
Lady Marion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere in Germany
Posts: 2,224
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Yeah, I can see that. Kinda like how Cap had the Avengers teaser thingy after the credits. Except this would be before the credits?
That's what I guess, too. The after credit scenes are a kind of trademark of the MCU movies. Would be nice if they keep this.

Anyway, it's awesome they announce T:TDW with IM3.

__________________
I still believe in heroes“

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase 2


IRON MAN 3 / THOR – THE DARK WORLD / CAPTAIN AMERICA – THE WINTER SOLDIER / GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY/ AVENGERS – AGE OF ULTRON
Lady Marion is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #359
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,913
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I mean that instead of a mid-credit or after-credit scene that ties the movies together, we'll get a trailer, or an "exclusive look" kind of thing that shows off the next movie in line.
Eh, not too sure how I feel about that. I think we will still get after credit scenes tying them together

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #360
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,242
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion View Post
That's what I guess, too. The after credit scenes are a kind of trademark of the MCU movies. Would be nice if they keep this.

Anyway, it's awesome they announce T:TDW with IM3.
yeah but when did they ever announce it on a standup? I'm guessing Thor trailer but secret after credits scene

ctsketch is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #361
Lady Marion
Anyone else?
 
Lady Marion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere in Germany
Posts: 2,224
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
yeah but when did they ever announce it on a standup? I'm guessing Thor trailer but secret after credits scene
Right, that's the first time. How was it exactly when they announced the after credit teaser for Avengers? Wasn't there an anouncement such as "Don't miss a first look?" I don't recall it completely but somehow think there was something like this with the Cap-trailer.

__________________
I still believe in heroes“

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase 2


IRON MAN 3 / THOR – THE DARK WORLD / CAPTAIN AMERICA – THE WINTER SOLDIER / GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY/ AVENGERS – AGE OF ULTRON
Lady Marion is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #362
spideymouse
Side-Kick
 
spideymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,476
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnbjorn View Post
I can't see why it wouldn't.
I'll try to explain where I'm coming from. Unlike this year, audiences in early May 2010 had only been exposed to three (mostly) grounded MCU movies, two of which featured a normal human without any superpowers. All they knew that existed in this new, burgeoning movie continuity was reality-based science fiction. (Note that it was only days before IM2 came out that Marvel released the first picture of Chris Hemsworth's Thor, to which only people in these parts of the Internet really paid much attention.)

So at the end of the Iron Man 2 credits, after Coulson's long drive through the New Mexico desert to a crater site, the appearance of an Uru hammer in the very last seconds of the end credits scene was a pretty huge deal in terms of teasing just how far the MCU was about to stretch its audience in a year's time. They were about to broaden the MCU's scope by about a hundredfold.

In contrast, fast forward to May 2013, where nearly everyone will have already seen aliens and gods and monsters going at it in The Avengers, they will have specifically seen Thor and Loki in two consecutive movies in two consecutive years, and a Thor: TDW teaser/trailer will have already been out for a month. In terms of impacting the MCU in its breadth and scope, I don't think this stinger will have had as much significance as the one after Iron Man 2 did.

Just my opinion. Could be wronged.

spideymouse is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 03:44 PM   #363
spideymouse
Side-Kick
 
spideymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,476
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion View Post
Right, that's the first time. How was it exactly when they announced the after credit teaser for Avengers? Wasn't there an anouncement such as "Don't miss a first look?" I don't recall it completely but somehow think there was something like this with the Cap-trailer.
To announce that they were re-expanding the Avengers in several theaters for Labor Day weekend last year, Marvel released a graphic on their Facebook page showing Thanos smiling and then added the note, "Don't forget to stay through the credits!"

spideymouse is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #364
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,242
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion View Post
Right, that's the first time. How was it exactly when they announced the after credit teaser for Avengers? Wasn't there an anouncement such as "Don't miss a first look?" I don't recall it completely but somehow think there was something like this with the Cap-trailer.
I can't recall now :/

ctsketch is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #365
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 162
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
I'll try to explain where I'm coming from. Unlike this year, audiences in early May 2010 had only been exposed to three (mostly) grounded MCU movies, two of which featured a normal human without any superpowers. All they knew that existed in this new, burgeoning movie continuity was reality-based science fiction. (Note that it was only days before IM2 came out that Marvel released the first picture of Chris Hemsworth's Thor, to which only people in these parts of the Internet really paid much attention.)

So at the end of the Iron Man 2 credits, after Coulson's long drive through the New Mexico desert to a crater site, the appearance of an Uru hammer in the very last seconds of the end credits scene was a pretty huge deal in terms of teasing just how far the MCU was about to stretch its audience in a year's time. They were about to broaden the MCU's scope by about a hundredfold.

In contrast, fast forward to May 2013, where nearly everyone will have already seen aliens and gods and monsters going at it in The Avengers, they will have specifically seen Thor and Loki in two consecutive movies in two consecutive years, and a Thor: TDW teaser/trailer will have already been out for a month. In terms of impacting the MCU in its breadth and scope, I don't think this stinger will have had as much significance as the one after Iron Man 2 did.

Just my opinion. Could be wronged.

Thor will be in theaters in October / November, while Cap 2 is coming next year. The Avengers are much later. I can only see an after credit scene about the Thor storyline... I don't believe they will continue this strong connection between each character of the Avengers anymore. The reason for that was to support them as a group and letting them share a universe. This goal has been reached with the first Avengers movie already.

It's just going to be too easy, if Thor gets into trouble and he could simply call the Avengers for help. They have to be on their own for some time. That's why the connection between each hero's world won't get any stronger from now on. As I see it Thor is on his own in the next movie. To make sure about that, the after credit scene won't have a connection to other movies anymore... I can see a Captain America Trailer though. '_'

Lady_Sif is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #366
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,913
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Sif View Post
Thor will be in theaters in October / November, while Cap 2 is coming next year. The Avengers are much later. I can only see an after credit scene about the Thor storyline... I don't believe they will continue this strong connection between each character of the Avengers anymore. The reason for that was to support them as a group and letting them share a universe. This goal has been reached with the first Avengers movie already.

It's just going to be too easy, if Thor gets into trouble and he could simply call the Avengers for help. They have to be on their own for some time. That's why the connection between each hero's world won't get any stronger from now on. As I see it Thor is on his own in the next movie. To make sure about that, the after credit scene won't have a connection to other movies anymore... I can see a Captain America Trailer though. '_'
you may want to check out the ironman 3 boards then lol. Ironman 3 will probably lead directly into the next avengers movie

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #367
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme
 
R_Hythlodeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: vienna, austria (europe) 6.784 km east of new york
Posts: 4,887
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Eh, not too sure how I feel about that. I think we will still get after credit scenes tying them together
I hope so. I would miss the after credits scenes. nobody does them like MS

__________________
every Summer
Some Dude **** Sexy Chick **** The Supporting Cast **** Evil British Guy
in
RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------


ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic


R_Hythlodeus is online now  
Old 03-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #368
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 10,908
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
you may want to check out the ironman 3 boards then lol. Ironman 3 will probably lead directly into the next avengers movie
Depends on their purpose.
The majority of the Phase I teasers were direct or indirect setups of the Avengers movie: Fury's "Initiative" offer; Stark's offer to help Gen. Ross find Hulk; Fury showing Dr. Selvig (and Loki) the Tesseract; and Cap getting dragged into the future (present?) by Fury and SHIELD. The hammer scene in IM2 was the only one that wasn't a *direct* lead-in to the Avengers.

So, *if* Phase II follows suit, we can expect most, if not all, post-cred scenes to tease TA2, *not* any of the other movies.

But keep in mind that Feige this week made some comments that make the whole post-credit strategy very iffy. He said that he'd hate to be in a theater the first time a Marvel movie *didn't* have a post-credit payoff; but that's not the same thing as saying it's never gonna happen. He'd just hate to be there. Getting pelted with rotten tomatoes and wilted lettuce and all that, you know.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 11:40 PM   #369
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,136
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

The Fury/Selvig scene at the end of Thor was a lead-in for both Captain America and The Avengers. Where did we next see the Tesseract and find out about its properties and part of its history? Captain America: The First Avenger.

xeno000 is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #370
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,913
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Depends on their purpose.
The majority of the Phase I teasers were direct or indirect setups of the Avengers movie: Fury's "Initiative" offer; Stark's offer to help Gen. Ross find Hulk; Fury showing Dr. Selvig (and Loki) the Tesseract; and Cap getting dragged into the future (present?) by Fury and SHIELD. The hammer scene in IM2 was the only one that wasn't a *direct* lead-in to the Avengers.

So, *if* Phase II follows suit, we can expect most, if not all, post-cred scenes to tease TA2, *not* any of the other movies.

But keep in mind that Feige this week made some comments that make the whole post-credit strategy very iffy. He said that he'd hate to be in a theater the first time a Marvel movie *didn't* have a post-credit payoff; but that's not the same thing as saying it's never gonna happen. He'd just hate to be there. Getting pelted with rotten tomatoes and wilted lettuce and all that, you know.
I personally think we will still be getting them

and hopefully we continue to get them for a while. It's literally one of the most exciting parts of the movie, then anticipation, if we don't spoil it...whoops

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
maybe:P

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 12:02 AM   #371
darkslayer101
Side-Kick
 
darkslayer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,526
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I mean that instead of a mid-credit or after-credit scene that ties the movies together, we'll get a trailer, or an "exclusive look" kind of thing that shows off the next movie in line.
hmm....thats actually not a bad idea...
but the problem is how are they gonna connect and essentially create the phase 2 background plot.
The phase 1 background plot is about gifted people, setting aside their differences, and coming together to save the world.
I guess GOTG is gonna cover the background of phase 2...

darkslayer101 is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 12:52 AM   #372
spideymouse
Side-Kick
 
spideymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,476
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Sif View Post
Thor will be in theaters in October / November, while Cap 2 is coming next year. The Avengers are much later. I can only see an after credit scene about the Thor storyline... I don't believe they will continue this strong connection between each character of the Avengers anymore. The reason for that was to support them as a group and letting them share a universe. This goal has been reached with the first Avengers movie already.

It's just going to be too easy, if Thor gets into trouble and he could simply call the Avengers for help. They have to be on their own for some time. That's why the connection between each hero's world won't get any stronger from now on. As I see it Thor is on his own in the next movie. To make sure about that, the after credit scene won't have a connection to other movies anymore... I can see a Captain America Trailer though. '_'
I think you missed my point. I was trying to say that the first Thor teaser after IM2 was pretty huge in that it was the first time something otherworldly entered the MCU. I was trying to argue that a Thor: The Dark World teaser after IM3 won't be the first time we see something otherworldly in the MCU, so it won't be as groundbreaking.

Oh well, whatever. It wasn't an important point to make. Personally, I want a Thor: TDW-related stinger, not a GOTG-related stinger.

spideymouse is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 01:00 AM   #373
spideymouse
Side-Kick
 
spideymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,476
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Depends on their purpose.
The majority of the Phase I teasers were direct or indirect setups of the Avengers movie: Fury's "Initiative" offer; Stark's offer to help Gen. Ross find Hulk; Fury showing Dr. Selvig (and Loki) the Tesseract; and Cap getting dragged into the future (present?) by Fury and SHIELD. The hammer scene in IM2 was the only one that wasn't a *direct* lead-in to the Avengers.

So, *if* Phase II follows suit, we can expect most, if not all, post-cred scenes to tease TA2, *not* any of the other movies.

But keep in mind that Feige this week made some comments that make the whole post-credit strategy very iffy. He said that he'd hate to be in a theater the first time a Marvel movie *didn't* have a post-credit payoff; but that's not the same thing as saying it's never gonna happen. He'd just hate to be there. Getting pelted with rotten tomatoes and wilted lettuce and all that, you know.
We've discussed this months ago. The argument can be made that each of the Phase I movies both set up the next movie as well as the Avengers movie, even the IM2 stinger. I think it could go either way with Phase II. Just makes more sense that they'd be able to tease the next movie since they will have had footage from it to work with. That said, I do wonder if we'll see Sam Jackson pop up in a stinger before CA:TWS.

As for Feige's comments, I don't think I'm going to read into them that much. It sounds like the desire is to keep the tradition going as long as they are effective. Shawarma shops everywhere will tell you that they still are.

spideymouse is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #374
Crimson King
Throwing shade
 
Crimson King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,607
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
hmm....thats actually not a bad idea...
but the problem is how are they gonna connect and essentially create the phase 2 background plot.
The phase 1 background plot is about gifted people, setting aside their differences, and coming together to save the world.
I guess GOTG is gonna cover the background of phase 2...
Feige said something recently about dropping hints about A2 within each of the solo movies, but not doing overt A2 hype that would take away from the individual stories. That's what led me to think about the death of the tag scene in favor of "exclusive look" trailers post-credits to show what the next solo movie will be.

Still, you're right--the phase 2 movies need to be tied together. If we assume Thanos is the big bad, I think there's a way to go about that that doesn't involve after-credit scenes. There's the rumored space scene at the end of IM3 that could provide a starting point for the connections. In Thor, Thanos could be brought up as part of the plot with Loki. CA:TWS is harder to tie in. Maybe some mention of a coming threat from SHIELD? Or that perhaps Stark has gone missing after chasing the space signal? Finally, GotG actually does the heavy lifting in the Avengers tie-in by introducing Thanos directly as part of their story. What happens at the end would be a natural segway to A2.

It could work. Not saying that's my preference (I love the after-credits scenes), but it could work.

__________________
kingwrites.com

Recent guest appearances on The Hodgepodge Podcast to discuss 75 years of Batman and CA:TWS
Crimson King is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 08:25 AM   #375
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 10,908
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
We've discussed this months ago. The argument can be made that each of the Phase I movies both set up the next movie as well as the Avengers movie, even the IM2 stinger. I think it could go either way with Phase II. Just makes more sense that they'd be able to tease the next movie since they will have had footage from it to work with. That said, I do wonder if we'll see Sam Jackson pop up in a stinger before CA:TWS.
Yes, and no, about the Phase I movies.
IM1: post-cred setup: Avengers. 4 years/4 movies away.
TIH: post-cred setup: Avengers. 4 years/3 movies away.
IM2: post-cred setup: Thor. 1 year/1 movie away.
Thor: post-cred setup: Avengers, 2 years/2 movies away. The argument can be made that the Tesseract also sets up CATFA, 1 movie away, only a few months away.
CATFA: post-cred setup: Avengers, less than 1 year, 1 movie away.
Avengers: mid-cred setup: ??? Most likely TA2, 3 years/ 4 movies away. At the earliest, Thanos might be setting up GOTG, still 2 years/ 2 movies away.

So, of 5 Phase I movies, only 2 directly set up the following movie, with the Selvig/Loki scene going either way. And as for Phase II, I strongly doubt that any post-credit scene for IM3 will set up Thor TDW, the next movie in this phase. There's strong rumors that IM3 sets up GOTG, of course, but that would mean skipping over TDW. So it definitely doesn't look like Phase II post-creds will segue seamlessly from film to film.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.