The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 12:19 PM   #851
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
lol yeah that too but Mod Of Thunder works the best lol
Hahahah that would be an awesome tagline.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #852
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
All the ladies will go to Thor...for Hemsworth's body and Tom's....everything
the obnoxious truth!

Old 04-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #853
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

There's nothing obnoxious about that body!

What I love about the casting is that nobody questions whether Chris is suitable for the role of Thor, even if the movie wasn't their favourite. Bodily assets aside, I haven't heard anybody whinge about Chris' acting skills either. Plus his voice suits his stature. He's so great as Thor.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #854
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Hahahah that would be an awesome tagline.
I've used Mod of Thunder since I became a moderator Rock! lol Look under my name

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 04-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #855
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
There's nothing obnoxious about that body!

What I love about the casting is that nobody questions whether Chris is suitable for the role of Thor, even if the movie wasn't their favourite. Bodily assets aside, I haven't heard anybody whinge about Chris' acting skills either. Plus his voice suits his stature. He's so great as Thor.
yes, he's an excellent Thor. Now he just needs an awesome story.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #856
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I've used Mod of Thunder since I became a moderator Rock! lol Look under my name
Hahah whoops. Dunno why I never noticed.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:09 AM   #857
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Apparently a Thor 2 trailer was shown at the Disney Consumer Show in Mexico:

Quote:
It starts with a voiceover, is Thor, you see some scenes of a big battle and then Jane Foster and other humans running scared cause something is "coming". Thor says: "I promised I would return for you" as we see Thor arriving Earth to take Jane to Asgard.

Apparently the fight scenes are pretty awesome, and the trailer shows that Thor is out of Malekith's league (I assume this person meant Malekith is out of Thor's league, which is kinda weird), in fact we can see a very damaged and tired God of Thunder. And since he's no match for the Dark Elves, the mighty Avenger will have to search for help. This leads us to a scene where we see a big crystal prison and there's someone sitting on the ground. It's Loki.
Thor says: I need your help, but if you betray me… I will kill you. Loki smiles and answers: What do I have to do?

Then we see another scene of Thor figthing Malekith while Jane is watching. Malekith looks threatening. Jane looks terrified. Thor looks overwhelmed. Malekith stares at Jane and Thor yells: NOOOOO!

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter; 04-11-2013 at 02:16 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:19 AM   #858
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

^ Malekith being out of Thor's league?

I really hope that isn't the case, otherwise what would be the point of Kurse?

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 04-11-2013, 02:34 AM   #859
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post

Kurse = even more out of Thor's league.?

I don't think this means Malekith is stronger than Thor or anything like that, but the whole magic thing could be how he outguns him initially.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 04-11-2013, 02:45 AM   #860
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Malekith definitely won't, on his own, outclass Thor. There has to be something more to it.

Not to bring the Infinity Gauntlet into this but... maybe he's using the power gem. Isn't it the red one?
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter; 04-11-2013 at 02:50 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:09 AM   #861
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

maybe Kurse is Malekith's upper hand?

But I like that Thor is going up against an enemy that is going to give him his money's worth plus more in a fight, whether that be due to mind games, magic, or brute strength we don't know yet. But if he's calling Loki up to the plate to assist him and the warriors 3 + Sif (I assume) then something big is a brewing in Asgard/Midgard/Elf-Land and I am all for that!

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 04-11-2013, 03:19 AM   #862
Donar
Banned User

Yeah, it probably means the whole threat (Malekith, dark elves and Kurse) is more than Thor can handle.

Can't wait for the trailer anyway!

Last edited by Donar; 04-11-2013 at 03:26 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:54 AM   #863
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Sounds good. It's pointless having a baddie if he poses absolutely no threat to Thor.

I did expect to hear more descriptions about Asgard though. Or a bit of a hint about the rumored Unfortunate Death.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:00 AM   #864
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Just remembered that this movie will be the first one to where Paramount won't have its title attached to the trailers or film. Do you guys think the Disney title graphic will appear in its stead, or will it just be Marvel's? Either way, it'll be interesting to see it that way before Iron Man 3 in theaters.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #865
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:

I think it was a translation issue. I doubt they go Destroyer on us x 2 for this.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #866
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Hahah whoops. Dunno why I never noticed.
lol every now and then I'll get a somewhat newer member quote something "loling" and saying "mod of Thunder, that's funny" lol

....to every King.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #867
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

HOPEFULLY we'll see some kind of trailer footage on-line somewhere. I'd look but I don't speak much Spanish lol

....to every King.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #868
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Originally Posted by echostation View Post
People make Grown Ups hits and other movies hit here like Twilight and other films. So safe to assume reasonable processing of thought may not be in full capability and capacity, reason of Tron bombing so badly was dumb choice of color scheme. Peoples reject thiese things... REmember overall audience intelligent ok but most can also be judgemental and confuze over what may appear to be simple but really big thing deals ok. Try to get. Try to know. Cater to audience. Now using similar or same color palettes does not whet appetite, Blue with Blue on Tron happened and it was rejected, very same reason for Captain America costume made so much fun of in Avenger despite movie being hit. Members in viewing public DISCERN that this is copy or poor inspiration from other prior work without any CREDITING of prior film work (Tron should have credit to Avatar, Avenger should have credit to AVatar simple, then audience will appreciate more).

Jose (or Jorge as known in inner circles) Kosinski now wise with Oblivion. Choose BIG BIG STAR in terms of Tom Cruise, immediately distinguishes film, and WHITE color palate... no stupid blue copying or neon dark blue. He makes film look so visually unique, Beautiful desolation as he say, everything WHITE, CRYSTAL, NEW FRESH against desolate backdrop... Something that CATCHES EYE in audience EYE that makes one go to see film. FRESH new LOOK that's absolutely key.

Now why introduce character that has EXACT same costume even with some of you as you say horse face (he's not a horse, he's an alien... why would they have Horse in Thor costume and make up, SHEESH). IT will so so silly to see Thor with unique viking like red cape costume and horse-man Beta Ray bill WITH EXACT Same costume fighting alongside. No fun, no uniqueness, just double role... stupid and CONFUSING (Multiplicity with 8 Michael Keaton, why no one watch? Stupid cuz all the same actor walking all around, NEED FRESHNESS, You HAVE to put in time to develop NEW LOOK, not have same actor or same looking going around).

This is clear cut case if they introduce Horse Ray Bill that people WILL EASILY confuse. Red capes both flying around with long distance CGI shots, who is hitting who? Which one is hitting on Malakeith? Can't make out unless you clearly see up close which is stupid then you can't see action shot of hammer striking Dark Elves or Malakeith. Why even introduce characters that look the same

Reason for EXACT same dumb idea of putting in BIzarro into Superman, No one want to see this as one wants to see FRESH NEW LOOKING DIFFERENT characters... not just same, it's copying, and totally confusing. Audiences will confuse both and just reject outright...

Old 04-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #869
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:

I think the viewer assumes that Malekith is out of the league, because Thor is tired and beaten.
i think Kurse has something to do with it rather than Malekith

Old 04-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #870
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post

Old 04-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #871
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

I am super excited for Loki to fight side by side with Thor...
I personally think that Thor is underused in MCU, but Loki is far more heavily underused imo.
Loki needs to show his strength

Old 04-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #872
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Well Loki did throw Cap around like he was nothing in Avengers. When Cap punched him in the face he barely flinched.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #873
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Well Loki did throw Cap around like he was nothing in Avengers. When Cap punched him in the face he barely flinched.
Well I mean, not in physical strength, but in terms of power, and abilities, Loki should be around Thor's level in power

Old 04-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #874
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Well I mean, not in physical strength, but in terms of power, and abilities, Loki should be around Thor's level in power
exactly, the opening of the avengers is when Loki shows some of his skills, but the rest of the movie he is really underused

Old 04-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #875
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Just remembered that this movie will be the first one to where Paramount won't have its title attached to the trailers or film. Do you guys think the Disney title graphic will appear in its stead, or will it just be Marvel's? Either way, it'll be interesting to see it that way before Iron Man 3 in theaters.
Just Marvel's.

Closed Thread