The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #901
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

He wouldn't be Loki if he didn't

Old 04-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #902
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mighty_Thor View Post
He wouldn't be Loki if he didn't
Or he could just completely abandon character and turn good and help save Asgard, like the fangirls all on tumblr seem to hope

Old 04-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #903
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Thor threatening to Kill Loki. That's interesting, that's more like the Thor I know.

Funny thing is, Loki probably will betray thor anyway
Yep, but there is soo many people that already (we do not know if the wording is exactly like this) yells "its not like him at all!" that it disheartening.
I cant even begin to imagine hate that fangirls on tumblr will drown him in for "threatening their poor baby"...

Old 04-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #904
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

There is an article on yahoo about Chris Hemsworth slimming down for the movie "Rush", I would be a little worried if he was going to look beefed up enough for Thor 2, but all set picks I have seen indicate that he has gained his bulk back, although that may be part of the reason why they have his arms covered. So, not sure, but in either case it looks good. So, not really worried. Here is the article.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...205940701.html

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 04-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #905
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
There is an article on yahoo about Chris Hemsworth slimming down for the movie "Rush", I would be a little worried if he was going to look beefed up enough for Thor 2, but all set picks I have seen indicate that he has gained his bulk back, although that may be part of the reason why they have his arms covered. So, not sure, but in either case it looks good. So, not really worried. Here is the article.

Surfer
He still looks plenty big in set pics... the only avengers I am worried about is Evans...I don't think he's taking staying in shape very seriously...

Old 04-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #906
BoredGuy
Killing Time

I can't really blame him, entirely
I mean yes, it's his job
but to compare with Hemsworth, or even Cavill or Jackman, means torturing yourself and, most likely looking at these dudes, taking supplements that may or may not be too good for you

Old 04-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #907
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
He still looks plenty big in set pics... the only avengers I am worried about is Evans...I don't think he's taking staying in shape very seriously...
i agree, he was quite slim in Avengers, i really want him buff and athletic for Cap 2

Old 04-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #908
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Perhaps he got disheartened that time at the club that Hiddleston spoke about, where Evans asked Hemsworth about how to achieve [some biceps definition that Hemsworth has] and he got the answer "I don't know, just work out, mate".

Old 04-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #909
DarkKnight88
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
Yep, but there is soo many people that already (we do not know if the wording is exactly like this) yells "its not like him at all!" that it disheartening.
I cant even begin to imagine hate that fangirls on tumblr will drown him in for "threatening their poor baby"...
I would hope these "fangirls" realize that we're all talking about fictional people here.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #910
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
i agree, he was quite slim in Avengers, i really want him buff and athletic for Cap 2

This is not slim. The suit made it look so. Granted he wasn't as beefed up as he was in TFA but He was still plenty big in Avengers. People underestimate how hard it is to keep up that kind of figure if you haven't been lifting on a consistent basis for a significant period of your life. Guys like Jackman and Hemsworth who just seemingly lose and pack on muscle when they feel like it are exceptions. Its not just a matter of who works ut more.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #911
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight88 View Post
I would hope these "fangirls" realize that we're all talking about fictional people here.
What, Loki is fictional? Nooooooooo!

Old 04-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #912
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

I hope this thread morphs into the Diet & Exercise Expert Analysis thread again. The TFA boards never had enough of those.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #913
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Thor threatening to Kill Loki. That's interesting, that's more like the Thor I know.

Funny thing is, Loki probably will betray thor anyway
Hell yeah, although he won't kill him I hope Thor atleast beats him unconscious after Loki betrays him.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 04-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #914
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I hope this thread morphs into the Diet & Exercise Expert Analysis thread again. The TFA boards never had enough of those.
You don't want to read up on some more bro science? U jelly brah?

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 04-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #915
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post

This is not slim. The suit made it look so. Granted he wasn't as beefed up as he was in TFA but He was still plenty big in Avengers. People underestimate how hard it is to keep up that kind of figure if you haven't been lifting on a consistent basis for a significant period of your life. Guys like Jackman and Hemsworth who just seemingly lose and pack on muscle when they feel like it are exceptions. Its not just a matter of who works ut more.
of course i was talking about the suit, he should be more buff imo.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #916
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
You don't want to read up on some more bro science? U jelly brah?
Do I even lift?!

Old 04-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #917
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

I agree with you, but some fans have weird ideas about what's a reasonable body size and shape because they judge by the fantasy images in comic books.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #918
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Do I even lift?!

...I don't think you did that correctly.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 04-12-2013, 09:41 PM   #919
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
I can't really blame him, entirely
I mean yes, it's his job
but to compare with Hemsworth, or even Cavill or Jackman, means torturing yourself and, most likely looking at these dudes, taking supplements that may or may not be too good for you
yeah, and all that aside, there are guys who are naturally just beefy and fit. Some people can put on muscle rather easily. Those guys that we sort of envy a bit. A few months of hard work and they pack on 25 pounds of muscle. When I was serious in track and field, training and weight lifting every day, it took me a year to put on 15 pounds.

Hemsworth is one of those guys who can just pack on muscle

Old 04-12-2013, 09:45 PM   #920
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

he was the smallest out of thor, ironman and hulk, it is deceiving. Chris Hemsworth got huge. 235 pounds at 6'3 according to that article. Chris Evans really isn't slim. he was always a pretty fit guy. Fantastic four, cellular, he was always in shape, and looked pretty decent. I figured 10 pounds added to that frame, and he'd look the part good. Agreed, he isn't small in this picture. He was just small compared to Hemsworth, a metal suit, and Hulk. Jeremy Renner was in pretty good shape, and Chris Evans seemed to have a good 10+ pounds on him

Old 04-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #921
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:

http://www.hdwallpapers.in/walls/cap...enger-wide.jpg

I kinda agree, it's easier for some depending on body chemistry as well. I work out 6 days a week but I'm also one of the people who don't seem to lose mass if I slack off for a bit, though I do lose strength. I know how hard it is but I work out for recreation...this is his job...

Old 04-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #922
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Do I even lift?!
"I lift things up and I put them down"

Old 04-12-2013, 11:20 PM   #923
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post

Surfer
I think "Rush" is going to be an outstanding movie, and deserving of some shiny hardware come awards season. It's just too bad that general audiences will probably stay away from it, because they're not interested in stories about auto racing; let alone GP from the 1970s. Maybe if they realized that what's important there is the story of a fiercely competitive rivalry evolving into a genuinely moving friendship, and that racing is just secondary to the character drama....

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-12-2013, 11:47 PM   #924
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Do I even lift?!

On a serious note I'm not worried about these guys physique. They always deliver in my view.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 04-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #925
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post

On a serious note I'm not worried about these guys physique. They always deliver in my view.
agreed. I think it's relative too. I would never think chris evans would be a problem. He was always an "in shape" guy. He just looks small compared to hemsworth, and suit of armor, and hulk. He looks fine