The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 10:31 PM   #926
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

I hope Thor has his helmet this time around.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:12 PM   #927
Donar
Banned User

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
I hope Thor has his helmet this time around.
Me too. But if he does, it'll probably be for a short time.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:42 PM   #928
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
Me too. But if he does, it'll probably be for a short time.
and if thats the case, I would love to see a giant full scale battle between Asgard and some other realm (Svartalfheim) and his helmet is for combat.

Not a ceremonial helmet, and not one for his every day garb. COMBAT.

Although, I wouldn't count on this. as none of the set footage we've seen can attest to it.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:44 PM   #929
Donar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
and if thats the case, I would love to see a giant full scale battle between Asgard and some other realm (Svartalfheim) and his helmet is for combat.

Although, I wouldn't count on this. as none of the set footage we've seen can attest to it.
True... Anyway, as long as the movie is awesome, I can live with that.

Old 04-14-2013, 02:26 AM   #930
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I know it's a big deal to religious Thor fans, but I don't mind him with no helmet. I almost think, on film at least, his design looks better without it. I think we will see it at some point this film, since they might tap into the King Thor type stuff at some point, but I just think they've realized his helmet doesn't work in action. Even though Loki has had the helmet for most of his scenes, something just seems off about Thor with one. It's a shame they can't make it work somehow since it really does complete his look, but I don't have a bad image of him without it.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 04-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #931
sabetoonth
Who?

I am also not that bothered by the lack of a helmet, I was thinking about that last night actually as I was watching Avengers again. But maybe that has something to do with me becoming a fan after the movie where he didn't have it? I don't hate the idea of his helmet but Im not bothered by its abscence.

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 04-14-2013, 09:25 AM   #932
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post

I think the whole "ceremonial helmet" thing is a really cool detail. I hope they don't start ignoring established things "just because".

I'm almost certain we'll see Thor finally crowned in the 3rd film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
I know it's a big deal to religious Thor fans, but I don't mind him with no helmet. I almost think, on film at least, his design looks better without it. I think we will see it at some point this film, since they might tap into the King Thor type stuff at some point, but I just think they've realized his helmet doesn't work in action. Even though Loki has had the helmet for most of his scenes, something just seems off about Thor with one. It's a shame they can't make it work somehow since it really does complete his look, but I don't have a bad image of him without it.
Anytime Loki has worn his helmet he's been a ruler, either acting King of Asgard or self-appointed King of Earth.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 04-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #933
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I'm not bothered by him not wearing the helmet either. Thor and Loki's movie helmets both look like they are probably awkward to wear in fight scenes for the actors/stuntmen so I can see why they don't wear them that much in combat scenes.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #934
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I want to see Thor in his Helmet calling down lightning at least a couple times. So far we've gotta ZILTCH on that

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 04-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #935
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Watching Thor right now. First time on FTA-TV over here. Some IM3 trailer and clips around and the old Avengers commercials. It's a pity, that the TDW trailer isn't there. Would have been cool.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #936
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

Patience my friends. A Thor 2 Teaser will be released when the time is right.

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- I'm not the type of person who gets pride from saying, "Look at me." I'd rather take a moment to step back and say to myself, "Look at my baby."
Old 04-15-2013, 12:21 AM   #937
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Patience my friends. A Thor 2 Teaser will be released when the time is right.
ya we should be getting some teasers this week...

Old 04-15-2013, 12:41 AM   #938
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

according to what?

Old 04-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #939
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
according to what?
idk marvel usually does that...

Old 04-15-2013, 11:05 AM   #940
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
See to me, I don't think it's a religious thing, I think it's more symbolic. Thor looks fine without it. The thing is though, it's a part of his appearance, having the wings on his head. When I think Thor, I think of the hammer, and the big guy with wings on his head. I associate it on his head so much, that it almost feels like something is missing seeing him without it.

For me, it's not "he needs to have it because he has it in the comics", it's more so, he has it in almost all his superhero appearances, and it's sort of a symbolic part of his appearance, that it seems like something is missing without it. When I think of Thor, I will ALWAYS think of him with a helmet.

Though thor isn't king in the MCU. The helmets seem to be more like a crown. Loki wore his through out the avengers out of pride, he feels he is a king. Most definitaly, so if thor is to become king, I bet we will see it a little bit more

Old 04-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #941
Bren
Forevernoob

I think he/she meant 'hardcore' when he/she said 'religious'...

Old 04-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #942
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I think he/she meant 'hardcore' when he/she said 'religious'...
I know what he meant by religious.

Old 04-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #943
Bren
Forevernoob

My... err bad haha

Old 04-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #944
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
My... err bad haha
haha it's all good. But yeah, I don't think its even a religious thing, like..hardcore fan thing, I just think it's so associated with his appearance in media as a super hero, that seeing him without it feels like something is missing

Old 04-15-2013, 11:12 PM   #945
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Thumbs up Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Big shout out to Hiddie for winning "Best Villain" at the MTV Movie Awards over Bane, Talia, Silva, and Candie!

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-16-2013, 12:22 AM   #946
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Talia was nominated? Jebus...

Old 04-16-2013, 01:20 AM   #947
Donar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Talia was nominated? Jebus...
She deserved the nomination, considering that awesome death scene.

Last edited by Donar; 04-16-2013 at 02:59 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:51 AM   #948
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Big shout out to Hiddie for winning "Best Villain" at the MTV Movie Awards over Bane, Talia, Silva, and Candie!
Awesomeeeeee!

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 04-16-2013, 09:16 AM   #949
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
She deserved the nomination, considering that awesome death scene.
To be honest, I cannot even remember the climax of that movie
man that s**t was disappointing after 2 amazing films proceeding

but it's great Tom won, he seems to genuinely enjoy himself more than any actor I've ever seen

Old 04-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #950
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

thor trailer classified
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/thor-dark-world-0

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Closed Thread