The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 11:24 PM   #326
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: If the Wrestling Thread wanted to dance, it'd get a date!

So if Swagger goes...Zeb goes too?

Old 02-20-2013, 11:32 PM   #327
Wheels
The Guy

I'd rather he go to Japan personally. No interest in seeing Swagger in TNA at all.

"My goodness Jack Swagger is the Leader of Aces and 8's".

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Old 02-20-2013, 11:41 PM   #328
MMMMM...Pancakes
DoubleChivas on the Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
I'd rather he go to Japan personally. No interest in seeing Swagger in TNA at all.

Definitely don't want to see him in TNA, there isn't enough time for the wrestlers they have right now.

Having guys like Morgan, York, Joey Ryan that haven't shown up in weeks and guys/gals like Kenny King, Zema Ion, Miss Tess, the Robbie's, Mickie and Bad Influence that don't get t.v. time every week.

***Wrestling Thread Crew***
Old 02-20-2013, 11:50 PM   #329
Calavera
Side-Kick

man, karma is a B *****! wwe tried to push this crap down our throats and it blew up in their faces missy hyatt backstage. i hate when they push stuff nobody wants to see.

push someone who DESERVES a title shot not a boring slob who is tyring to stir up controversy for a quick pop.

tho i woulda been fun watching make all the racists look like idiots and hearing the heat hed get

Old 02-21-2013, 12:09 AM   #330
Wheels
The Guy

The gimmick and the manager were the interesting part. You could have given Windham Rotunda a.k.a. Bray Wyatt this gimmick and he wouldn't have required a mouthpiece.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas

Last edited by Wheels; 02-21-2013 at 01:08 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:33 AM   #331
MMMMM...Pancakes
DoubleChivas on the Rocks

Quote:
The gimmick and the manager was the interesting part. You could have given Windham Rotunda a.k.a. Bray Wyatt this gimmick and he wouldn't have required a mouthpiece.
They could still do this, just have Zeb give a kayfabe reason for dropping Swagger and going with Husky.

***Wrestling Thread Crew***
Old 02-21-2013, 12:48 AM   #332
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallo View Post

You're right, bullets. Tough Enough was Martins to lose IMO. He had a great attitude, was a fine wrestler, and could have been a strong old fashioned babyface. Its a shame he got hurt. Between Andy and Luke though...Andy had the size but hindsight shows size isnt even a guarantee. Maybe Luke was an a**hole but he had everything else over Andy. And looking at the success of The Shield, Punk, and Daniel Bryan right now who knows how far Luke could have gone.

I understand why Austin made the call that he did and agree to a degree but maybe he should have made a riskier more out outside the box decision. Sometimes those also pay off in pro wrestling. That kind of decision from his bosses paid off for him. Dont get me wrong Austin MORE than earned his shot but Vince still had to make that final choice.

Recently TNA's gut check seems to be something similar to the revived Tough Enough only done better. A lot of those GC guys have some more potential IMO than Andy. Can't wait to see what Spud can do in TNA.
Gut checks sounds good, I'll have to catch up with that. Luke was probably too arrogant to Austin's liking , but there was potential. It might of been cool if Luke somehow cheated or worked his way into WWE. He had tons of heat being the villain of a reality show. The had to put a lot of work into Andy and it wasn't paying off I guess. Martin seemed to be the favorite. I'm sure it would of come down to him and Luke as well had it not been for that injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallo View Post
I wish I could have seen the Fox news report for a laugh. What'd they say? What was the Fox stance on this?

This link had the fox news video. They go on the defensive , bash the angle , and make several lame jokes.
http://www.sescoops.com/wwe-responds...ter-character/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness Falls View Post
jack swagger got arrested
http://nodq.com/wwe/363401233.shtml
Swagger finally gets a push and begs to go back in the doghouse.

It's a shame because Zeb has done good work helping Swagger, but gets this in return. Also there must be some resentment in the locker room. I guess Swagger better hope this blows over and that he doesn't screw up again.

Last edited by bullets; 02-21-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:53 AM   #333
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

Quote:

They would jump at the chance to add even more "names" to Aces and 8's.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:10 AM   #334
Calavera
Side-Kick

why give husky this gimmick when hes doing a much more interesting character on NXT?

Old 02-21-2013, 01:21 AM   #335
TheFuture
Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Swagger. I think WWE will write him out of the WHC angle this Monday, it'll also be interesting to see how Mantel reacts as he just lost someone to a drunk driver apparently.

Who are the two with Naitch?
I think he'll be written out too. His only saving grace is that it's first strike so they may delay his suspension. I think they delayed someone's suspension before, either Mysterio or Orton.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:29 AM   #336
Wheels
The Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calavera View Post
why give husky this gimmick when hes doing a much more interesting character on NXT?
Well really just because I think he could do it well. I never thought Ambrose, Rollins, or Reigns would be doing something like The Shield gimmick but they are.

It's still a gimmick about propaganda and brainwashing people so it could work. I was just making the point that they could have picked someone more talented than Swagger.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Old 02-21-2013, 01:48 AM   #337
Calavera
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well really just because I think he could do it well. I never thought Ambrose, Rollins, or Reigns would be doing something like The Shield gimmick but they are.

It's still a gimmick about propaganda and brainwashing people so it could work. I was just making the point that they could have picked someone more talented than Swagger.
his current one has all of that too and its awesome. id rather see him continue that

did you ever read preacher? remember jesse custer's family? it gives off that vibe.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:06 AM   #338
Wheels
The Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calavera View Post
his current one has all of that too and its awesome. id rather see him continue that

did you ever read preacher? remember jesse custer's family? it gives off that vibe.
Oh yeah that's the point I was trying to make; the gimmicks are similar to a degree. So while I prefer his current gimmick, the xenophobe gimmick would be acceptable to me because he should be on TV.

I haven't actually read Preacher but I'm aware of it.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Old 02-21-2013, 02:29 AM   #339
nite-owl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
They would jump at the chance to add even more "names" to Aces and 8's.
What is Jake Hager doing in the Impact Zone?

Old 02-21-2013, 03:00 AM   #340
nite-owl
Side-Kick

Old 02-21-2013, 03:20 AM   #341
TripleR
Voice of the Voiceless

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 35162865.jpg (104.5 KB, 0 views)

Old 02-21-2013, 04:51 AM   #342
Slushy
ALWAYS Believe!!!

Here I was defending the guy a few days ago and he has to go and completely fu** it all up! G** damn it!

Rob Van Dam was the WWE Champion when he was arrested for drug charges. They had him immediately drop the title before suspending him for 30 days.

Possession of marijuana AND drunk driving renders Jackass Swagger unworthy of his Wrestlemania title shot and I hope he loses it along with being fined and suspended.

Hopefully, Randy Orton (or whoever they decide on) will get to be in a Wrestlemania title match now.

Twitter: TheMachoPunk
Old 02-21-2013, 04:55 AM   #343
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

If we can't get a 3way for the WWE at least make the WHC more interesting now.
Del Boro Vs Henry Vs Jericho, have Y2J win fans go nuts .. then get Ziggler to cash in on him.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 02-21-2013, 05:15 AM   #344
Scar Predator
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart View Post
Here I was defending the guy a few days ago and he has to go and completely fu** it all up! G** damn it!

Rob Van Dam was the WWE Champion when he was arrested for drug charges. They had him immediately drop the title before suspending him for 30 days.

Possession of marijuana AND drunk driving renders Jackass Swagger unworthy of his Wrestlemania title shot and I hope he loses it along with being fined and suspended.

Hopefully, Randy Orton (or whoever they decide on) will get to be in a Wrestlemania title match now.
I hope it's Henry or Lesnar in that spot. ADR beating one of those guys would seem more monumental than beating Orton. Plus, it isn't as if their respective opponents, Khali and HHH, are going to be hot feuds anyway.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:30 AM   #345
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
This link had the fox news video. They go on the defensive , bash the angle , and make several lame jokes.
http://www.sescoops.com/wwe-responds...ter-character/
Is that what passes for news on Fox?

That is just people sitting around a table giving their opinion on what they saw on TV last night and making lame jokes

Old 02-21-2013, 05:50 AM   #346
StarLord
Believe.

Don't know what to think of the Swagger situation.

Looks like he may have blown it just when things were about to get interesting.

I enjoyed the Colter character.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:52 AM   #347
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I don't think Del Rio is even close to being ready or worth a Lesnar match or job. Honestly I'd be reluctant to waste Mark Henry's momentum on him either but I think he's the best option if they pull Swagger, or they could just make a Del Rio vs Ziggler vs Jericho match for the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Professional baseball players Dustin Pedroia (the one holding what looks like a TNA belt) and Josh Reddick, who is now with the Oakland A's. It was from 2011.
Ah I see, I thought they were young indie wrestlers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
I think he'll be written out too. His only saving grace is that it's first strike so they may delay his suspension. I think they delayed someone's suspension before, either Mysterio or Orton.
I thought weed was a fine not a suspension? At any rate I think the fact there is a DUI charge as well WWE can suspend him on disciplinary grounds like they did with RVD in 2006.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 02-21-2013, 06:12 AM   #348
StarLord
Believe.

LOL. This is the first time I've seen Shane O' Mac in a long time. Nice doo...

Old 02-21-2013, 06:12 AM   #349
Metallo
Evil Dead Re-Animator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
I guess it's a good thing he's not the new Goldust.
I'd call Swagger the new Ken Kennedy but I think Swagger's f*** up is even worse. I mean...he does this during the biggest push of his career towards the WHC at Wrestlemania? Stupid is an understatment.

Even RVD got caught AFTER he won the big one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabel
Someone photoshop a gif of Ren or the Brain smacking the hell out swagger please
Mantel as Brain/Ren and Swagger as Pinky/Stimpy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider
Swagger. I think WWE will write him out of the WHC angle this Monday, it'll also be interesting to see how Mantel reacts as he just lost someone to a drunk driver apparently.
I want to know what Jim Ross REALLY thinks about all this. He's supported Swagger more strongly than anyone else in WWE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10
Well look at the bright side, this means that there's a chance that we won't have to see Alberto go up against Swagger for the title at Wrestlemania. I only wish now that they'd have Ziggler cash in his contract since he's the first wrestler that I know of who's had the contract and hasn't used it for this long...normally, the person would have cashed it in by now according to past records.
Yeah this could end up as something better coming out of a bad situation. Like Cena vs HBK instead of HHH when Triple H got hurt.

A lot of people weren't crazy about Del Rio vs Swagger in the first place. If he loses his spot I sure don't feel sorry for him. Its his own damn fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antman

Swagger going to TNA would just make any airtime he gets in TNA suck. No reason the TNA fans who aren't WWE robots need to suffer through his lameness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calavera
man, karma is a B *****! wwe tried to push this crap down our throats and it blew up in their faces missy hyatt backstage. i hate when they push stuff nobody wants to see.

push someone who DESERVES a title shot not a boring slob who is tyring to stir up controversy for a quick pop.

tho i woulda been fun watching make all the racists look like idiots and hearing the heat hed get
Lets all be honest. The spot against Del Rio should have been Zigglers anyway. He deserved it way more than Swagga. Like Antman said any number of guys could have worked in the xenophopic american gimmick with Zeb Colter. Joe Hennig sure could have used something like that. Hell I think it could work better for him. He could say guys like Del Rio are taking his spot when his family has been in this business for generations and the spotlight is part of his legacy. he deserves it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets
Gut checks sounds good, I'll have to catch up with that. Luke was probably too arrogant to Austin's liking , but there was potential. It might of been cool if Luke somehow cheated or worked his way into WWE. He had tons of heat being the villain of a reality show. The had to put a lot of work into Andy and it wasn't paying off I guess. Martin seemed to be the favorite. I'm sure it would of come down to him and Luke as well had it not been for that injury.
Its hilarious to me that the one person from TE to make it so far was Cameron. The first person eliminated I believe. They should have at least given Luke a shot the way they ended up giving Cameron one. Like you said he could have been in an outsider kind of angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider
I don't think Del Rio is even close to being ready or worth a Lesnar match or job. Honestly I'd be reluctant to waste Mark Henry's momentum on him either but I think he's the best option if they pull Swagger, or they could just make a Del Rio vs Ziggler vs Jericho match for the title.
Agree with all of what you say. putting Lesnar with Del Rio NOW would be a waste. Lesnar vs Henry should be something thats built to down the line instead of them blowing their wad on it any time soon.

Like you said a three way or four way match between the guys you listed is the best option. It adds star power and makes it more unpredictable. Whoever wins Ziggler could just cash in after.

Last edited by Metallo; 02-21-2013 at 06:20 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:55 AM   #350
TheFuture
Rising

If he is written out, how do y'all think it will go down?

Maybe Swagger says he doesn't want to wait til WM and challenges Del Rio on Raw/Smackdown. He could use the excuse that he doesn't want to see a Mexican disgrace the WHC one more day or something.

Del Rio wins. Ziggler cashes in and wins. Del Rio takes his rematch at WM.

Or.......

Maybe Swagger does something so reprehensible that he's immediately suspended and loses his WM spot. Maybe he beats up Ricardo badly.

Same scenario could see Swagger seriously injuring Ricardo. Del Rio is so incensed that he doesn't want to wait til WM and goads Swagger into using his title shot opportunity that very night. Del Rio wins....and probably again, a Dolph cash in.

Closed Thread