The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 10:32 PM   #26
NDX
Jiggle Jiggle Bounce!

Default Re: If the Wrestling Thread wanted to dance, it'd get a date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheAir View Post
lol...there's probably some truth to that statement.

I don't think it's as bad as everyone is making it out to be, but it obviously doesn't measure up to the standard set by the winged eagle or the big gold belts. However, after 8 years of that other monstrosity, I'll take it!

Let's face it, the days of beautiful, intricate WWE championship belts are gone. As incrediblejeff mentioned, each new belt that has been introduced over the past few years has been terrible. WWE isn't interested in the tradition of championship belts anymore. They don't even want to call them "belts." They're "titles" now...trophies with leather straps.
And it's thinking like this that will have us stuck with this home plate looking hunk of **** for 8 years.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:32 PM   #27
OnTheAir
Papa Spank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
For a moment with Rock's speech, I actually thought he was going to pull out a revamped Winged Eagle.
My favorite WWF World Championship belt ever! That and the NWA/WCW/World Heavyweight "big gold" belt will always be my favorite designs in any company.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:32 PM   #28
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Shawn Michaels could've debuted that belt and I would've went "Why, Shawn...why?"

It is more tolerable than the spinner belt though. And I do like the gold tint chosen along with the black. The design just leaves so much much much more to be desired.
Exactly, it's like the notion that some have that we'd all be fine with our favourites coming back to do what Rock's doing, no! I'm a huge HBK mark but his time has passed, I want to see the future built.

It's better than the spinner as it's more muted, but it's still crap.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 02-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #29
Lobo
skip skip skip

Of the new designs the tag belts after the nicest by far. But if you compare then to the big gold belt or the ic title that Barrett is wearing? They don't measure up.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #30
Wheels
HR Supporter

WWE usually has a new belt for each era. The spinner belt was Cena's belt and the big eagle was Austin's belt, so who will be the face to carry this belt?

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 02-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #31
OnTheAir
Papa Spank

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDX View Post
And it's thinking like this that will have us stuck with this home plate looking hunk of **** for 8 years.
We as fans have railed against the hideous spinner belt for its 8-year existance. We were ignored. We can throw another fit about this one. We will once again be ignored.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #32
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Exactly, it's like the notion that some have that we'd all be fine with our favourites coming back to do what Rock's doing, no! I'm a huge HBK mark but his time has passed, I want to see the future built.

It's better than the spinner as it's more muted, but it's still crap.
It truthfully does look like a toned down version of the Spinner belt. Cut from the same cloth and all.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #33
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

the title fits with current era imo.
bringing back the winged eagle (revamped or not), the attitude era, or undisputed designs or going with a brand new belt fitting of the legacy those belts laid would be a disservice to the title itself.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 02-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #34
Mister J
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
The question is, would Roidback have a needle as his symbol should the tragedy of him becoming WWE champion occur?
A syringe on one side and a ham steak on the other.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #35
Dr. Evil
Gamora

So the Rock is going to take that belt onto mainstream talk shows?

The hosts will say it's a cool looking belt, especially if The Rock appears on Jay "I will screw Jimmy Fallon next" Leno.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 02-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #36
OnTheAir
Papa Spank

Quote:
It truthfully does look like a toned down version of the Spinner belt. Cut from the same cloth and all.

Thanks for the visual aide...they are definitely in the same "family tree."

Old 02-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #37
NDX
Jiggle Jiggle Bounce!

Those side plates are the only redeeming factor in that picture. That main plate is hideous.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:42 PM   #38
Zanham
Banned User

Quote:

At least the new one makes it not so strangely informal and uses the word 'champion' instead of 'champ.'

Quote:
Those side plates are the only redeeming factor in that picture. That main plate is hideous.
I'd prefer they used those instead of going music al chairs on them with each champions logo.

But yeah, glad that spinaroni belt is gone.

Last edited by Zanham; 02-18-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:42 PM   #39
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Its not what we think of the belt though. It's what the mainstream will think when the Rock goes around to promote his movies.

They will call the title cool and bad ass.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 02-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #40
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

I'm glad we've gotten rid of the Spinner, but this isn't really an improvement. A hybrid of the Spinner and MMA Pride belt (shape-wise). Yep, that checks out.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:46 PM   #41
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
the title fits with current era imo.
bringing back the winged eagle (revamped or not), the attitude era, or undisputed designs or going with a brand new belt fitting of the legacy those belts laid would be a disservice to the title itself.
How? Those previous belts looked excellent, were well-designed, and gave off a championship feel. The new belt lacks that "big deal" feeling the others had, and the main plate is so plain. There isn't even a globe that emphasizes the "world title" part of the belt.

And it's too bling'd out like the spinner belt. Granted, that is a reflection of the current times we live in, but not in a good way.

The side plates look cool though.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:46 PM   #42
NDX
Jiggle Jiggle Bounce!

I'd be less hateful of it if it wasn't bedazzled. That just leaves such a bad taste in my mouth.

And the tag pennies would be cooler if they were gold, not brass. Might as well just write "THIRD PLACE!" on them.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #43
epc11223
Side-Kick

https://www.google.com/search?q=wwf+...3X44ar1ajMmUM:

Having difficulty with my Internet but wanted something like this. I think even though we for the most part knew the design, but were hoping that it took so long that they redesigned the redesign. Punk was right, it's not much better. Kind of annoyed the rock made a big deal about the belt actually spinning when it hasn't spun in awhile. Not really his fault, prob the writers, but still.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #44
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Its not horrible so much as it is plain. Just the logo with champion under it as compared to past belts which (spinner excluded) had intricate regal designs.

the plain, generic look of the main plate is what brings it down.
but either way, plain and blingy beats huge, clusterf*****, and blingy.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 02-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #45
NDX
Jiggle Jiggle Bounce!

Quote:
How? Those previous belts looked excellent, were well-designed, and gave off a championship feel. The new belt lacks that "big deal" feeling the others had, and the main plate is so plain. There isn't even a globe that emphasizes the "world title" part of the belt.

The side plates look cool though.
Remember Sage, it's not a world title. Hasn't been for years. It's a WWE title. Not to be confused with it's bastard redhead stepchild, the World Heavyweight Title.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #46
Wheels
HR Supporter

Quote:
Yeah I actually like the shape personally but the center plate kills it.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 02-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #47
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:

The design evolution is Liberace on the Vegas strip to a game show theme.

Ahhh the good old days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
A syringe on one side and a ham steak on the other.
Variety, I like it!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 02-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #48
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

it would be cool if the side plates get switched out depending on who is champion, since there is no name plate

Old 02-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #49
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I gotta say, I was never too big on the NWA title belt. The Big Gold Belt was second favorite belt after the Undisputed title design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Its not what we think of the belt though. It's what the mainstream will think when the Rock goes around to promote his movies.

They will call the title cool and bad ass.
Very true.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #50
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Actually, I would love to see a WWE Superstar without a famous symbol win it, especially if he was foreign born.

Example, if Sheamus was to win the title again, the side plates could be the Irish flag. Or in Alberto Del Rio's case, a Mexican flag.

Closed Thread