The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #526
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Default Re: If the Wrestling Thread wanted to dance, it'd get a date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
I'd like Punk vs Taker anyway besides Punk in the title match and so I personally have no problem IF Punk vs Taker at WM is on,I honestly believe Taker will do the job and end the streak to Punk,Which would be huge for Punk the person&character
Agreed. I think Punk is the only wrestler left deserving to end the streak and, imo, theres no point for Taker to continue beyond 20 - 0 unless the streak is going to end.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 02-23-2013, 10:53 PM   #527
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Dang, and I had hopes that Punk would get added to the title match.

I'd love to see Punk end the Streak, but if Taker is planning on wrestling one more time at Wrestlemania 30, it's not going to happen. Unless they do something similar to Wrestlemania 27 when HHH nearly beat Taker. Have Punk come so close to ending the Streak. In fact, have him attack Taker after the match so badly that Taker isn't seen again until next year and he comes back for revenge. And then, Punk ends the Streak at Wrestlemania 30.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:03 PM   #528
Wheels
HR Supporter

If Taker was so banged that WWE didn't know if he was working this years Mania, then I have to question if Taker should continue wrestling after WrestleMania 29.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 02-23-2013, 11:25 PM   #529
venom892
Got Lucky

We'll know how Taker feels depending on where he is placed on the card. If he tells Vince this is it and Punks gets the streak, I have no doubt it will go on last. If it doesn't Punk is eating a pin.Either way, Punk is the only suitable opponent left for Taker.Also I think this Taker/Punk match is going to overshadow both Rock/Cena and Lesnar/HHH in terms of both promos and work rate.Might steal the show.

Vote for your favorites in The Battle of the Comic Book Films Tournament! here!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:34 PM   #530
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Dang, and I had hopes that Punk would get added to the title match.

Honestly, that would be a waste. Cena's win is all but etched in stone and Punk's style doesn't mesh well with Rock's style.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:38 PM   #531
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom892 View Post
We'll know how Taker feels depending on where he is placed on the card. If he tells Vince this is it and Punks gets the streak, I have no doubt it will go on last. If it doesn't Punk is eating a pin.Either way, Punk is the only suitable opponent left for Taker.Also I think this Taker/Punk match is going to overshadow both Rock/Cena and Lesnar/HHH in terms of both promos and work rate.Might steal the show.
But Vince doesn't like the last match at WM ending with the heel going over.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:43 PM   #532
Wheels
HR Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom892 View Post
I don't know about Punk/Taker having the best promos. Taker's mic work last year was awful. He was stumbling over his words so much that it was like watching Kevin Nash in 2011.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo

Last edited by Wheels; 02-24-2013 at 12:00 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #533
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Alternately, Undertaker can be introduced as "Vince's guy" he sends after Brock Lesnar.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:51 PM   #534
Slushy
The Man

It doesn't surprise they wanted to have Swagger win the title. Vince loves the shock factor. This is the same guy who originally wanted Muhammad Hassan to defeat Batista for the World Heavyweight Title in his hometown of Washington DC at SummerSlam 2005. Imagine the heat that would've gotten!

Old 02-23-2013, 11:56 PM   #535
brainchild81
Fighting crime...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
I don't Know about Punk/Taker having the best promos. Taker's mic work last year was awful. He was stumbling over his words so much that it was like watching Kevin Nash in 2011.
Yep. Some of the crowds started ****ting on him. I enjoyed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
Don't see it happening. I"d rather see Punk in the title match with Ryback jobbing to Taker.
I don't see it happening either. I just hope Taker turns out to be this great guy that people seem to think he is and does the right thing, proving he's not the old ******* that does more harm to Punk than good that I think he is.

Read that stuff about Hall/Y2J. I always liked Hall, but I had no idea he was that damn cool. I REALLY hope he gets back in shape & starts living right.

See Black Dynamite

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Under your watch, 50% of marriages end in divorce &the other 50% in death!
Old 02-24-2013, 12:00 AM   #536
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
Honestly, that would be a waste. Cena's win is all but etched in stone and Punk's style doesn't mesh well with Rock's style.
It's not the styles that don't mesh--it's the Rock not being in shape that ruins their matches.

Punk's inclusion in the match would help give Rock more time to breathe and recover while Cena and Punk wrestle each other for portions of the match. It would make it easier on the Rock.

On top of that, Punk would make the build up more interesting, as he brings out the best in the people he feuds with, as he has with both Rock and Cena.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:08 AM   #537
bullets
bang bang

I don't expect Punk to go over Undertaker ( that would only be my wishful thinking) , but it would be nice if they got to close the show at Wrestlemania.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:26 AM   #538
ImWithTeamConan
Avenger of Comedy

Hmm......

I'm actually starting to think Undertaker might face Lesnar at Wrestlemania. Taker's getting up there, so next year's WM might be the last one. In that case, I feel it's probably going to be Cena vs. Undertaker.

Which means Taker is probably down to two more matches, this year's Wrestlemania and next year's (assuming he doesn't work Summerslam but if he's as banged up as everybody says I doubt it).

Punk's engaged with the Rock/Cena angle. I don't see how they could pull a story out of the hat for Punk/Taker at this point. Why would Undertaker cost Punk a title shot? It's too random for tastes. Vince has a surprise for Heyman this Monday, I'm hoping it's the Undertaker.

2012 Knockout Kings Fantasy Football Champion
Old 02-24-2013, 01:17 AM   #539
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
It's not the styles that don't mesh--it's the Rock not being in shape that ruins their matches.

Punk's inclusion in the match would help give Rock more time to breathe and recover while Cena and Punk wrestle each other for portions of the match. It would make it easier on the Rock.

On top of that, Punk would make the build up more interesting, as he brings out the best in the people he feuds with, as he has with both Rock and Cena.
Sorry, I don't buy that at all. For all of Punk's greatness, he often relies on rest holds to get from one sequence to another. Rock, for all of his greatness, relies on bursts of flashy moves. He's not a great chain wrestler all the time. The both of them together, not to mention Rock's age, produce hot & cold matches.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:55 AM   #540
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

I'm an adamant pusher for the streak remaining intact. Before it was because it was one of the few remaining bits of kayfable left. Now there is just no point in ending it, it does nothing to beat an older taker.

Punk vs taker will no doubt be a great match but there absolutely no point in it.

Taker has 2 last great possible mania matches. Lesner and sting

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 02-24-2013, 05:38 AM   #541
RetroNaz
Bom Bom Bom

I'm seeing some comments about whether it's appropriate for Taker to wrestle at WM given his health.

This is the same company that was quite happy to slam Mae Young through tables, allow "should be retired" wrestlers to have matches, people who've had known major health issues (heart attacks, etc.) to wrestle again, injured wrestlers perform, injured wrestlers return earlier than they should, and untrained people to enter a ring.

I hardly think allowing a well respected, very popular wrestling star to have one more match will raise eyebrows, rather it will raise revenue.

Old 02-24-2013, 05:39 AM   #542
TheFuture
Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImWithTeamConan View Post
Hmm......

I'm actually starting to think Undertaker might face Lesnar at Wrestlemania. Taker's getting up there, so next year's WM might be the last one. In that case, I feel it's probably going to be Cena vs. Undertaker.

Which means Taker is probably down to two more matches, this year's Wrestlemania and next year's (assuming he doesn't work Summerslam but if he's as banged up as everybody says I doubt it).

Punk's engaged with the Rock/Cena angle. I don't see how they could pull a story out of the hat for Punk/Taker at this point. Why would Undertaker cost Punk a title shot? It's too random for tastes. Vince has a surprise for Heyman this Monday, I'm hoping it's the Undertaker.
I really don't think that Punk is the logical opponent for Taker. Maybe if the title was involved but it won't be. A match against Punk isn't really raising the stakes after 2 wars with Trips and as far as I'm concerned, there are only 2 choices: Lesnar or The Shield. In regards to the latter, they are being put over as unbeatable as no-one know hows to take them on: this to me is a pretty could set up for Taker to confront them.

I'd also go along with your line of thinking of why would Taker cost Punk against Cena?

Old 02-24-2013, 05:46 AM   #543
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Sorry, I don't buy that at all. For all of Punk's greatness, he often relies on rest holds to get from one sequence to another. Rock, for all of his greatness, relies on bursts of flashy moves. He's not a great chain wrestler all the time. The both of them together, not to mention Rock's age, produce hot & cold matches.
Majority of wrestlers rely on rest holds to get from one sequence to another. And Punk's style to me is almost a cross between Chris Jericho and RVD, moreso leaning towards the former, and ten years ago, Rock had good to great bouts with both men.

The issue is in each of Rock's single matches since his return, there's an extra use of rest holds by his opponent on him as if to give him additional to catch his breath. CM Punk rarely uses as many as he has with the Rock in match, nor used as much stalling.

Their matches have been cold to lukewarm to me, nothing hot. The speed the Rock used to have is gone. He doesn't really have bursts of moves in his matches anymore as a result. And it's one of the things missing that he used to have that made his matches exciting. Heck, his last match consisted of Punk on offense mostly, with Rock doing a few moves. There was hardly a strong comeback sequence by him.

That's why adding Punk to the Mania main-event would've been good, both for the promos and the match.

Last edited by The Sage; 02-24-2013 at 05:51 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:54 AM   #544
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Way I see it if Taker is still a bit too iffy to wrestle in a singles match I could see him taging up with a few guys to take on Shield. ( alongside Orton and Ryback perhaps?)

Old 02-24-2013, 07:00 AM   #545
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Might have been Tonky then. I was too young to remember exactly and correctly. Incidentally, anyone notice the velcro on the WE strap where the snaps should be?
I hadn't noticed that lol. Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheAir View Post
I kind of want to see Roode, Aries and Bad Influence in one stable...kind of a Fortune 2.0, but with in-fighting/one-upsmanship. But, a feud between the two teams is the next best thing. These four guys are without question my favorite part of TNA right now...absolute gold every time they are on the screen!
They'd be fun as a group but I just like the idea of them feuding, the promos against each other and the matches where they try to out-cheat each other would be great.

Quote:
I've found Tara's title run to be very entertaining, and I agree...she deserved a better end than that. Velvet just hasn't done it for me since her return. She needs to be a heel again.
Tara will get the rematch at Lockdown I suppose but that title change was anti-climactic for both the winner and loser I think.I'm not sold on Velvet as a face champion either, I think she is too average in the ring and is better served with the crutch being a heel provides.

Quote:
Bully Ray could not come off more heelishly insincere than he is right now with this marriage angle. I can't say that I like the overall storyline, but Bully's certainly playing his role extremely well.
Agreed, Bully is carrying an angle that seems designed to get both Hogan's on the show regularly and so Hulk can say "I always do what's right for business" over and over without a shred of self awareness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
"Kendra, Smith. No, no no, can't see that making any money. From now on, you're Becki-Mae Moonbright."
Cena will be happy, he apparently likes a Kendra.

Quote:
But Vince doesn't like the last match at WM ending with the heel going over.
Unless the heels are himself and Triple H.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 02-24-2013, 07:02 AM   #546
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
Way I see it if Taker is still a bit too iffy to wrestle in a singles match I could see him taging up with a few guys to take on Shield. ( alongside Orton and Ryback perhaps?)
Taker has gut hangover in that pic but if he works Mania he'll still bring it as he always has IMO.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 02-24-2013, 07:25 AM   #547
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

According to Citizen-Times.com, Biloxi, Mississippi police are pushing for the maximum sentence in the Jack Swagger case, which could include jail time.

According to the report, if Swagger is convicted, records show he could face fines of $188 for driving 10 mph over the speed limit, $437 for a small amount of marijuana and $1,300 if it’s his first DUI offense. The DUI charge carries a mandatory court appearance and he could lose his driver’s license for 90 days. However, Police Lt. Craig Petersen says he'll push for the maximum sentence for Swagger's DUI, which is jail time:
"We have never recommended mere fines and fees only on a DUI,” Clark said. “We always recommend the maximum sentence of two days in jail for first offenders. That time can be suspended but only on completion of certain court-ordered conditions like probation, classes, AA meetings, etc."

Old 02-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #548
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I wouldn't want to see Undertakers vs Ryback as Wrestlemania. Ryback is still unconvincing in long distance matched to me.

I could see the angle they go with for CM Punk vs Taker. CM Punk has big ego and he wants to do what no other wrestler has done before which is defeat Taker at mania and solidify his legacy as one of the greats of the modern era.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #549
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
I'm an adamant pusher for the streak remaining intact. Before it was because it was one of the few remaining bits of kayfable left. Now there is just no point in ending it, it does nothing to beat an older taker.

Punk vs taker will no doubt be a great match but there absolutely no point in it.

Taker has 2 last great possible mania matches. Lesner and sting
I agree with the bold.

Nobody should end the streak. If Undertaker as to go out "putting someone over", then he can do it at another PPV.

But I'm not a fan of Undertaker losing the streak.

Unless it's to Miz. Miz can end the streak...

Old 02-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #550
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Taker and Team Hell No vs The Shield at WM?

Closed Thread