The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #976
Lobo
Wonder Gal is here!

Default Re: If the Wrestling Thread wanted to dance, it'd get a date!

I'm just going to consider that the Wrestlemania 29 main event.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #977
Van Petrol
No Strings On Me

Only part that ruined it for me was Cena's superhuman count out comeback spot. That thing is just such a p***take it's untrue.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #978
Anno_Domini
Banned User

And the Road to a Predictable WrestleMania continues.

At least they gave us a GREAT match though with Punk vs Cena. Even if Vince is tired of this feud, it needs to return later this year and they finally need to have a WM match to be this generation of Stone Cold/The Rock that went three rounds in that special PPV.

And I'm betting we'll be seeing Undertaker next Monday.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #979
Metallo
Evil Dead Re-Animator

Besides the abrupt finish that was a great match!

Old 02-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #980
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

There wont be a better match than that this year, just brilliant, even better than their MITB match IMO.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 02-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #981
Van Petrol
No Strings On Me

One way or another. We NEED to have a Cena-Punk WrestleMania ME for the WWE Championship. Wishful thinking though...

Old 02-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #982
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

In case the thread rolls over while I am getting much-needed sleep:

There will be no peace in the Wrestling Thread until there is justice!
The Wrestling Thread is here to shatter your little comfort zones
The Wrestling Thread will grind your bones to dust!
The Wrestling Thread was outsmarted by Sheamus somehow
The Wrestling Thread is just going to stand there and bleed
There are 2 dollar whores with more self respect than the Wrestling Thread
It took 18 staples to close The Wrestling Thread

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:20 PM   #983
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
Great match....predictable ending..leading up to a horrible Mania. Nice to see they have their damn tag line already.. "Greatness vs Redemption" ...Ugh.
What the hell is Cena redeeming himself for? This is a large part of the reason why a lot of people hate him. The guy is booked so damn strong that even when he loses people don't buy it. How the hell do you promote a guy like that as being an underdog type that overcomes the odds? Even with him not winning the belt last year he was still top dog in the company, so that just reeks of the same BS that has turned people off of Cena in addition to his corny lines.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #984
The Sage
Officially a 30 Year Man.
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDX View Post
Look at it this way. That Hurricanrana had no impact to it. It was more to disorientate Punk and set up the AA just enough that he couldn't counter it.

I'm with you. I'll be pissed later. Right now I'm just going to enjoy that for what it was, a great match.
That's a good way to look at it, and it makes sense.

Indeed, but at least we'll have this match to look at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
There wont be a better match than that this year, just brilliant, even better than their MITB match IMO.
I'd have to compare them both.

Punk looked really strong here, and Cena having to pull out moves he either rarely or never uses shows much he had to work hard to win.

This feud definitely needs to go on the shelf for awhile, as Cena has now beaten his archrival. No need to continue until the end of the year or next year.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #985
Metallo
Evil Dead Re-Animator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne
DID I F**KING SEE CENA USE A HURICARANA?
Yeah I marked out a little bit. Who knew Cena had it in him.

Like eveeryone said THIS should be the main event at Wrestlemania. F*** the Rock. Tonight just proves he's the weak link in the matches these three have had with each other. It also shows why Rock vs Cena II needs Punk to make it better.

Cena and Punk bring out the best in each other. Cena really ups his game when he's in there with a great worker.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #986
The Sage
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
What the hell is Cena redeeming himself for? This is a large part of the reason why a lot of people hate him. The guy is booked so damn strong that even when he loses people don't buy it. How the hell do you promote a guy like that as being an underdog type that overcomes the odds? Even with him not winning the belt last year he was still top dog in the company, so that just reeks of the same BS that has turned people off of Cena in addition to his corny lines.
Exactly, which is why once the Rock/Cena II build up starts, I'll probably start groaning.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #987
SuperBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
I'm just going to consider that the Wrestlemania 29 main event.
I'm going to consider UT vs. Punk the Main Event I will turn it off after that. Unless I hear something big happens.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:25 PM   #988
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Just finished watching Raw, and....

HOLY S***!!!!! Cena and Punk put on a f***ing clinic!! That was a serious PPV level match! Those two were pulling new moves out of everywhere! Great match!

Old 02-25-2013, 10:29 PM   #989
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Which is ironic because WWE prides itself on their universe and wanting to give the fans what they want. I'm pretty sure what they want isn't John Cena anymore.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:31 PM   #990
The Chris
The Dark Knight Rises!

God I'm so disappointed. If Vince is tired of this than he is dumber than we all thought. Someone on bleacher report said that Cena vs Punk is this era's Hogan/Savage, HBK/Hart, Rock/Austin, and what they wished Cena/Orton could be, but goodness gracious, those all had main events at Mania. Cena is only tolerable for me when he is in a fued with Punk. A triple threat is such a darn no brainer. It's a no brainer!!!!!The Legend who has returned to become wwe champ again vs the man with the longest title run in the past decade vs the guy who's been the man for the past decade. But do they go there? No they don't. What happened to the days when the top two guys wrestled at Mania. The top good guy vs the top bad guy. It's stupid that I can say that The Miz (no offense) has main evented a Wrestlemania but not CM Punk. Heck, celebrities have main evented Mania but not him. If he can bring it out of Cena like this, then he deserves to be in the show. Heck, I rather of had Taker come out and cost Punk, because honestly no matter how great of a match that was, what was the bloody point of it!!!!!!!!!!Cena overcomes the "odds" again. Freakin' save it!!!!!!

4. The Raid 2
5. Grand Budapest Hotel
Old 02-25-2013, 10:33 PM   #991
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Vince has dementia, but everyone is afraid to tell him.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 02-25-2013, 10:33 PM   #992
The Sage
SHH! Global Moderator

Tweets on tonight's main-event:

Vickie Guerrero ‏@ExcuseMeWWE
@JohnCena and @CMPunk great match. I watched as s fan and have much respect for both men. #wwe. #mania

Aksana ‏@AksanaWWE
Wow!!!! AMAZING match!!! Congratulation @JohnCena!

Tamina Snuka ‏@TaminaSnuka
#WWERaw #WWEDallas That Cena and Punk Match was Absolutely Amazing #GooseBumps

Ezekiel Jackson ‏@ezekielwwe
Matches like these remind me why I'm a fan... #RAW #WWEDALLAS

David Otunga ‏@DavidOtunga
Wow! Power bomb, Pile Driver, and hurricanrana?! Awesome match! @WWE @WWEUniverse #RAW #WWEDALLAS

The Usos ‏@WWEUsos
Hell of main event match right there!!!! #Raw

Mick Foley ‏@realMickFoley
These guys - @CMPunk & @JohnCena - Have some amazing chemistry out there. GREAT stuff!

Old 02-25-2013, 10:33 PM   #993
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

Looking at main matches we're most likely getting for Mania, that Punk/Cena match could surpass all of them.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Old 02-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #994
The Sage
SHH! Global Moderator

I wonder if Punk and Cena put that match on to motivate the Rock to get his cardio together.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #995
Dr. Evil
Gamora

I see that the WWE brought back that piece of Rat feces known as Tout.

I applaud the Rock and Randy Orton for refusing to be a part of that piece of crap.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 02-25-2013, 10:44 PM   #996
The Batman
The Dark Knight

I feel like that match was Cena and ESPECIALLY Punk's way of saying "This should be the ME of WM29."

Old 02-25-2013, 10:48 PM   #997
TripleR
Voice of the Voiceless

This is the kind of **** I really hate. I REALLY REALLY want to enjoy that match, it was awesome, but the finish, what it stands for, and what it leads to, all ruins it for me.

The whole hook to Cena v Punk is Cena couldn't beat him when it mattered, something none of Cena's other archrivals have been able to say. For almost 2 years now, Punk has had Cena's number. Why give the resolution to that away on free tv? You want yet another Rock/Cena/Vince circlejerk to main event mainia, fine, but leave Punk out of it. Bad enough he had to job to Rock twice leading up to this.

Now, even if Vince changes his mind and decides he's not sick of this feud, the big story point is already gone, thrown away to make Cena look good before his snorefest against Rock, as if he wasn't already known to be above everyone else in the company.

Punk's lost to Rock, he's lost his edge over Cena, and with Vince souring on this feud, once Cena has the belt back, what can Punk possibly do that won't be a demotion down the card? He's proven he's the closest thing they've got to being on Cena's level, a program with a Sheamus or Orton half way down the card isn't going to cut it, and isn't how he deserves to be rewarded after the past year and a half. Least they could have done was save the loss that drops him down the card for WM so they can have a real "heel getting his comeuppance" moment.

Won't even get started on problems with Rock v Cena II.

I really do like the idea of Punk and Taker. Promo's should be good, and I think the best way to go is for Punk to demand the match instead of Taker targeting him. "If I can't have the WWE Title, I'm going to do something that might be even greater... break the streak."

Unlike others here, I think Taker can do it and have a good, maybe even great match with him. He brought it last year and took a ton of wicked chair shots and kept going, and he's too proud to return if he's going to stink up the joint. The fact he used a house show to start working off rust is a good sign in my opinion. Punk can help lead him to a WM worthy match.

Only thing is, Punk really can't afford the loss. If he wins, then it might be even better for him than being in the main event, but if he loses, he'll have spent the entirety of 2013 up until that point getting **** on, and that's really not right.

Rant over.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #998
The Sage
SHH! Global Moderator

Here's what I'm hoping:

Cena/Rock II - Serious promos. Very very few jokes. I think both can operate under that. If the talk about them booking their characters themselves is true, then I'm hoping this will be the result.

Taker/Punk - No Punk running scared. He doesn't believe in Taker's theatrics. Strong promos between the two, with Punk maybe calling Taker a man past his prime while he's in his prime and the best in the world.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #999
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
I wonder if Punk and Cena put that match on to motivate the Rock to get his cardio together.
There's only one way for Rock to be sharp for Mania and that's ring time. He can work the heavy bag and spend time on the elliptical machine for hours, but that doesn't translate to muscle memory.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:52 PM   #1000
The Sage
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
There's only one way for Rock to be sharp for Mania and that's ring time. He can work the heavy bag and spend time on the elliptical machine for hours, but that doesn't translate to muscle memory.
He should take a page out of Taker's book and work a house show or two.