The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 01:00 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 05-02-2013, 01:00 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 05-02-2013, 01:02 AM   #3
DoomsdayApex
Ęzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 54

*shudders*

These lex and echo posters have taken it to a whole new level.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:04 AM   #4
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 54

i would prefer a warmer richer environment, and less gray/bluish dreary look.

don't get me wrong the story sounds cool. i just don't want it to be too much like iron man. superman is hope, i want to see a bright composition at times on screen. hopefully they are just marketing it to look like marvel to bring in more general audience.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:05 AM   #5
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

Wonder Gal | Cav-El | Batfleck | #TrustSnyder
Old 05-02-2013, 01:05 AM   #6
DoomsdayApex
Ęzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

I'm out.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:06 AM   #7
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

i think his costume should always have a rich blue to it. i loved the color of costume with that young fan pic

Old 05-02-2013, 01:08 AM   #8
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeXcalibur View Post
i would prefer a warmer richer environment, and less gray/bluish dreary look.

don't get me wrong the story sounds cool. i just don't want it to be too much like iron man. superman is hope, i want to see a bright composition at times on screen. hopefully they are just marketing it to look like marvel to bring in more general audience.
watch the damn movie....for all you know EVERYTHING you want will be in the film. Stop *****ing about the same **** over and over and over and over again. Come on already

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 05-02-2013, 01:09 AM   #9
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I'm not a ********ter, I tell it like it is most of the time. And I don't see an ounce of Marvel in Man of Steel. I see Goyer, Nolan and Snyder but no Marvel.

When someone says something really out there I get leery and start believing that they are just trying to cause trouble for their own amusement.

Iron Man is the exact opposite of dark. It's a bright bouncy edgy borderline comedy series.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:10 AM   #10
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

I think Snyder has given MOS a very unique aesthetic that I've never seen in a superhero film before.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:10 AM   #11
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
watch the damn movie....for all you know EVERYTHING you want will be in the film. Stop *****ing about the same **** over and over and over and over again. Come on already
geez dude, i told you it's just something i'm nervous about as a superman fan. i'm sure the film will be great. just talking about the composition a bit. isn't it better to have stuff to talk/disagree with while we wait on getting to see it? it would be boring if we all just agreed on everything and fawned

Old 05-02-2013, 01:11 AM   #12
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I'm not a ********ter, I tell it like it is most of the time. And I don't see an ounce of Marvel in Man of Steel. I see Goyer, Nolan and Snyder but no Marvel.

When someone says something really out there I get leery and start believing that they are just trying to cause trouble for their own amusement.

Iron Man is the exact opposite of dark. It's a bright bouncy edgy borderline comedy series.
pretty much yeah....some people love to stir up the pot

Old 05-02-2013, 01:12 AM   #13
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

Quote:

i honestly respect your opinion, i am not saying it for amusement. i just worry there is a certain tone in color aesthetic. it may just be the marketing being more serious to get general public interested and everything will be fine. still this is just something to talk about as we wait for final product

Old 05-02-2013, 01:12 AM   #14
dark_b
Side-Kick

ok i understand that they need ot have some christ poses in the movie. but so similar to SR? come on comeeeeeeeon on.i do agree that the SR shot in space was the definition of perfection.

MOS looks good and in 7 weeks i will watch the movie. amen haha

Old 05-02-2013, 01:12 AM   #15
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Quote:
geez dude, i told you it's just something i'm nervous about as a superman fan. i'm sure the film will be great. just talking about the composition a bit. isn't it better to have stuff to talk/disagree with while we wait on getting to see it? it would be boring if we all just agreed on everything and fawned
You worry too damn much...take a chill pill and calm the **** down

Old 05-02-2013, 01:12 AM   #16
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

I think I've seen enough. I know they don't plan on releasing any money shots in any of these TV spots but after two trailers and this spot, I think I'm good. I'd be fine if I didn't see another frame. In fact it's funny because I've probably seen so little and yet I still feel a little spoiled.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:12 AM   #17
Kryptonian Titan
Most powerful being.

Quote:

This; many times over.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:13 AM   #18
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

Old 05-02-2013, 01:13 AM   #19
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

i have never complained about the story. i have only made mentions of worrying the suit is bright/warm/rich enough to represent superman (i actually love the texture of it) and i did have concern over the christ pose just because it had this dark superman returns look to it. i think we can all agree superman returns is not the way to go

Old 05-02-2013, 01:14 AM   #20
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I'm not against posters voicing concerns but not made up ones.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:14 AM   #21
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 05-02-2013, 01:16 AM   #22
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
??? i truly don't get the point of this, please explain.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:18 AM   #23
Smallville13
Side-Kick

This thread is amazing. Keep it going LeXcalibur!

Old 05-02-2013, 01:18 AM   #24
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

Th Confused Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 54

Quote:
I'm not against posters voicing concerns but not made up ones.
what is a made up concern? i notice the bluish grays of avengers and iron man, and see some of that in scenes that i would expect a warmer tone in the man of steel trailers. how is that made up?

Old 05-02-2013, 01:20 AM   #25
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
??? i truly don't get the point of this, please explain.
The picture that Phantasm posted. I know you would like it to be about you, but it's not. It's become pretty obvious that you want to be the center of attention.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Closed Thread