The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #101
theOVOXO
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 443
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 4

Quote:
During the demo we were also shown a variety of characters that may or may not be playable. The list includes Hawk Girl, Aquaman, Doomsday, Raven, Ares, Bane, Captain Marvel, Black Adam, and Sinestro. They could be seen in various cut scenes fighting already confirmed characters. We've reached out to WB and NetherRealm for more information about the roster and will update this article if we hear back.
I think that all of those listed above are playable since only 3 are left to be announced.

theOVOXO is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #102
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~
 
Sparta*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Living Forest
Posts: 14,801
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 4

im liking hawkgirls costume, its mainly classic with a NRS update, but its not over the top (no shoulder pads thank god)

__________________
CHECK OUT THE MARVEL COMICS CHARACTER TOURNAMENT ARCHIVE!!! HERE


Sparta* is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #103
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,999
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 4

And even if she had shoulder pads, at least it would fit her character.

Nathan is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #104
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick
 
Samwise Gamgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The Shire
Posts: 819
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
Lol how the hell can anyone comment on low or high tier when the game isn't even out? What a load of garbage.


Also, cool to see Hawkgirl and Sinestro made it. I'm wondering how Sinestro will differ from Hal.
Dude my comment wasn't about tier list. I don't think you can really figure that out until people have been playing the game for a while. Who knows what the tier list is at this point...they can showcase a low tier character in such a way that makes them look badass any time they want.

I was wondering if they present the fight in such a way to build hype over characters we aren't going to see again and to possibly save something new and fresh for later for characters we are going to see again. I don't see why they wouldn't. We already know the fights are somewhat scripted to showcase stage interactions and to work in everybody's special.

__________________
Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?
Sam: That there's some good in the world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for.

...

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you."
Samwise Gamgee is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #105
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick
 
Samwise Gamgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The Shire
Posts: 819
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 4

The original trailer that first featured Hawkgirl has different armor so I think we've seen both sets now:


__________________
Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?
Sam: That there's some good in the world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for.

...

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you."
Samwise Gamgee is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 12:12 PM   #106
jerkhero
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: FI
Posts: 191
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 4

Voted Sinestro and GA. Definitely the toughest choices so far. Really want to see some gameplay with the new characters, but i just like Green Arrow too much. Well, Supes and GA are gonna win anyway so it doesn't really matter.

jerkhero is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #107
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger
 
The Caped Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 28,230
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 4

Superman & Hawkgirl for the win.

The Caped Knight is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #108
RCM
Mortal Kombatant
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 299
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 4

voted sinestro and and Mr. Queen

RCM is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #109
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues
 
Balthus Dire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 12,694
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
Dude my comment wasn't about tier list. I don't think you can really figure that out until people have been playing the game for a while. Who knows what the tier list is at this point...they can showcase a low tier character in such a way that makes them look badass any time they want.

I was wondering if they present the fight in such a way to build hype over characters we aren't going to see again and to possibly save something new and fresh for later for characters we are going to see again. I don't see why they wouldn't. We already know the fights are somewhat scripted to showcase stage interactions and to work in everybody's special.
Sorry, dude, I should've clipped your comment further. My reply was in response to how you said people on forums were bashing Grundy as low tier, and that's who my comment was addressed to. I wasn't meaning to infer you personally were saying he was low tier.

Poor wording on my part!

Balthus Dire is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #110
zeptron
Side-Kick
 
zeptron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,276
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 4

Jennifer Hale as Hawkgirl! Nice.

Voting for Sinestro and Hawkgirl.(I already know Supes is gonna beat the former.)

zeptron is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #111
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 25,727
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 4

Hawkgirl looks awesome! In the absence of Supergirl/Power Girl, I can see myself maining HG, after Superman, of course.

but is HG considered a power character or gadget character?

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #112
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 12,855
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
Hawkgirl looks awesome! In the absence of Supergirl/Power Girl, I can see myself maining HG, after Superman, of course.

but is HG considered a power character or gadget character?
If it's mostly based from comic's she'd be tech. if it's a mix from the animated JL to JLU she'd be both power/tech.


Last edited by zenith16; 02-25-2013 at 01:11 PM.
zenith16 is online now  
Old 02-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #113
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 25,727
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 4

ah, I see. thanks.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #114
Donut
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,753
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 4

Am I the only one having trouble getting the Flash Avatar stuff ? I liked the page on Facebook long ago. But it keeps asking me to like it

Donut is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #115
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,999
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 4

I think I'd like it if Hawkgirl is a fast and heavy damaging tech character.

Nathan is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #116
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 12,855
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
ah, I see. thanks.

I should also say hawk girls tech isn't easy to see m until you actually see them in action or they show it in a special way. They look Ancient just glancing at them. Besides the wings which are tech too. Well we'll see what they'll do with her.

zenith16 is online now  
Old 02-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #117
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick
 
Samwise Gamgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The Shire
Posts: 819
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
Sorry, dude, I should've clipped your comment further. My reply was in response to how you said people on forums were bashing Grundy as low tier, and that's who my comment was addressed to. I wasn't meaning to infer you personally were saying he was low tier.

Poor wording on my part!
No worries.

__________________
Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?
Sam: That there's some good in the world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for.

...

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you."
Samwise Gamgee is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #118
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~
 
Sparta*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Living Forest
Posts: 14,801
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
Am I the only one having trouble getting the Flash Avatar stuff ? I liked the page on Facebook long ago. But it keeps asking me to like it
its not working for me either, I think its because you can only choose 1 reward, the green arrow skin, or the theme, so I picked the GA costume and now cant get the theme unfortunately

__________________
CHECK OUT THE MARVEL COMICS CHARACTER TOURNAMENT ARCHIVE!!! HERE


Sparta* is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #119
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,999
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 4

Well, the Arrow skin is the better deal.

Nathan is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #120
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick
 
Samwise Gamgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The Shire
Posts: 819
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 4

I'm confused by Hawgirl's origins and Wikipedia didn't help. I only know her from the Justice League cartoon where she was given alien origins, organic wings, and a love affair w/ John Stewart. In the comics she seems to have several identities as a result of reincarnation. Additionally I can't figure out whether she loves Hawkman, whether she's Egyptian or alien in origin, and whether her wings are organic or artificial.

Regardless, I'm glad she's in the game. She's different, she looked pretty fierce in the JL cartoon, and her character model looks great. Can't wait to see what she has to offer on Friday. Hopefully she has some ways to approach from different directions or otherwise get around some of the great anti-air moves other characters seem to have.

__________________
Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?
Sam: That there's some good in the world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for.

...

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you."
Samwise Gamgee is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #121
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,997
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
I can't figure out whether she loves Hawkman, whether she's Egyptian or alien in origin, and whether her wings are organic or artificial.
Yes.

__________________
I like Ben Affleck.
HighFivingMF is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #122
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues
 
Balthus Dire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 12,694
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparta* View Post
its not working for me either, I think its because you can only choose 1 reward, the green arrow skin, or the theme, so I picked the GA costume and now cant get the theme unfortunately
I don't think so: I got both. My avatar is wearing the Flash shirt as we speak.

Balthus Dire is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #123
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 12,855
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
I'm confused by Hawgirl's origins and Wikipedia didn't help. I only know her from the Justice League cartoon where she was given alien origins, organic wings, and a love affair w/ John Stewart. In the comics she seems to have several identities as a result of reincarnation. Additionally I can't figure out whether she loves Hawkman, whether she's Egyptian or alien in origin, and whether her wings are organic or artificial.

Regardless, I'm glad she's in the game. She's different, she looked pretty fierce in the JL cartoon, and her character model looks great. Can't wait to see what she has to offer on Friday. Hopefully she has some ways to approach from different directions or otherwise get around some of the great anti-air moves other characters seem to have.
it's cause they mashed up all the event's from the crisis's each time dc did them.. the original origins was they were Egyptian rulers and they were aliens that crash landed there and cause of some device they kept reincarnating to make them selves immortal that way. they were cops prior to the ruler thing.

Any way here's a better place if you want info
The Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
Welcome to the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe, an internet encyclopedia of the past, present and future of the DC Universe. ABOUT THE GUIDE.




Last edited by zenith16; 02-25-2013 at 02:01 PM.
zenith16 is online now  
Old 02-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #124
jacobed
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,646
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 4

Ah Hawkgirl and Sinestro. This roster keeps getting better and better. I hope that Sinestro's constructs are just overall more brutal. I think that alone will make him different enough from Green Lantern

jacobed is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #125
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 12,855
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 4

Since they started to make Green Lantern video games they already made it very clear, in alot of video interviews and other wise, what set's Hal apart from the others is that he always defaults to the earth style Gatling and turrets type guns and always use's earth type air planes as his signature thing. the other lanterns don't seem to do that. Even the other known ones from earth don't do that as attacks.


Last edited by zenith16; 02-25-2013 at 02:15 PM.
zenith16 is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.