The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 11:55 PM   #401
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Default Re: Official UFC Thread - Part 5

Some UFC Women updates:

- Meisha Tate takes over for Cat Zingano on TUF 18.
- Liz Carmouche gets her second UFC fight against newcomer Jessica Andrade at UFC on Fox 8 on July 27th. Andrade becomes the first Brazilian woman to fight in the UFC, since Amanda Nunes (who is signed with the UFC) has yet to make her UFC debut.
- Julie Kedzie vs. Germaine de Randamie on the Undercard of UFC on Fox 8.
- Rosi Sexton vs. Alexis Davis at UFC 161

Have yet to see the UFC debuts of Nunes or Sarah Kauffman.

Top three picks for TUF 18: Shanya Baszler, Roxanne Modafferi and Tara LaRosa

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 06-04-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #402
Dr. Evil
Gamora

MMA Legend Quinton "Rampage" Jackson has officially signed a partnership with Spike TV, Bellator, and TNA. This was announced earlier today and below is the official press release.

QUINTON “RAMPAGE” JACKSON JOINS FORCES WITH BELLATOR MMA, TNA WRESTLING AND SPIKE TV FOR LANDMARK PARTNERSHIP

Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, the mixed martial arts icon and action-movie star has agreed to a monumental, multi-year partnership with Spike TV, Bellator MMA, and TNA Wrestling, it was jointly announced today by Kevin Kay, Spike TV President, Bjorn Rebney, Bellator CEO, and Dixie Carter, TNA Wrestling President.

The landmark partnership includes Jackson competing in Bellator MMA, along with joining the superstars of TNA’s “Impact Wrestling,” which includes fellow Bellator fighter “King Mo” Lawal.

Spike TV will also create a special reality series featuring Rampage that will lead into his debut with Bellator, along with other entertainment initiatives.

“Rampage is a true superstar both inside and outside the MMA cage” Bellator CEO & Chairman Bjorn Rebney said. “The partnership that we’ve created with Quinton is unlike anything that’s ever been done in the sports & entertainment arena and Rampage is the perfect athlete/entertainer to carry it off.”

"Rampage is one of the best known MMA fighters competing today," said Carter. "He is a true cross-over star and his talent, big personality and popularity among a wide range of fans make him an extraordinary fit for our company,”

“We are thrilled to create this opportunity for one of the greatest athletes and personalities in MMA,” said Kevin Kay, Spike TV President. “Rampage is a proven ratings driver who brings incredible star power to both Bellator and TNA.”

Jackson (32-11) joins Bellator as a former Pride and UFC champion, having last fought on Spike TV in September 2007, in a fight vs. Dan Henderson that drew nearly 6 million viewers, making it one of the most watched fights in the sport’s history. In 2009, Jackson served as a coach on Spike’s “The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights,” the highest-rated season by far in franchise history, delivering over 3 million viewers per week. Rampage joins a Bellator Light Heavyweight division that features “King Mo,” Renato “Babalu” Sobral, Emanuel Newton, Attila Vegh and Vladimir Matyushenko.

The charismatic fighter from Memphis, TN began his professional MMA career in 1999 and established his legacy across the globe through epic battles with MMA titans including Wanderlei Silva, Chuck Liddell, Jon Jones and Dan Henderson among others.

Jackson starred in the 2010 blockbuster film, “The A-Team,” as “B.A. Baracus,” the character made famous by Mr. T in the television series. Jackson’s other film credits include “Confessions of a Pit Fighter,” “Fire With Fire,” “Never Surrender,” and “Miss March.”

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 06-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #403
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

All for not…

Sonnen can’t get into Canada in time, so Shogun has just been scrapped from the card altogether.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #404
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Robbie Lawler vs. Siyar Bahadurzada added to UFC on FOX 8 after Tarec Saffiedine was forced to pull out due to injury.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:15 AM   #405
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

In a big switcher, Henderson vs. Grant will headline UFC 164. Sonnen vs. Shogun will now headline UFC on FOX Sports 1.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:31 AM   #406
Mace Bloodstone
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
In a big switcher, Henderson vs. Grant will headline UFC 164. Sonnen vs. Shogun will now headline UFC on FOX Sports 1.
Sonnen just won't go away.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 06-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #407
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Donald Cerrone vs. Rafael Dos Anjos will co-headline UFC on FOX Sports 1 2.

This should’ve been Cerrone vs. Maynard though.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #408
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Connecticut and all of Canada have passed new bills legalizing MMA.

New York is now the last major holdout not on the list. MMA is now legal in 49 states. Just for comparison, in 2008, I think it was 12 states they still weren't legal in.

- CM Punk
Old 06-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #409
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Werdum was obviously the superior grappler last night, but his and Nogueira’s exchange in round one was beautiful, and I was impressed by Nogueira being able to escape back to his feet.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #410
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Big things came out today…

Alexander Gustafsson vs. Jon Jones at UFC 165 in Toronto

Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos III targeted for UFC 166 in Houston

George St. Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks targeted for UFC 167 in Las Vegas

Old 06-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #411
Project862006
Banned User

jon fitch got choked out in 41 seconds in first fight since ufc release by josh burkman

Old 06-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #412
Mace Bloodstone
Prospect

Pulling for the old man tonight, Dan Henderson.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:54 PM   #413
Mace Bloodstone
Prospect

Good job by Stipe Miocic!

Old 06-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #414
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Bloodstone
Good job by Stipe Miocic!
I can’t get past the guy who tooled Nelson having a loss to “Jobber” Struve. Nelson looked so awful after the first two minutes.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #415
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

Rashad really needed that win last night. I've never seen him look the way he did. You can tell he was under a lot of pressure, and I'm glad he got the win. I think it was close enough to go to either guy. Apparently they have another fight for Glover lined up so it won't be Rashad fighting him. I think they should give Rashad a guy like Bader or the winner of Sonnen/Shogun. I would like to see Hendo fight someone like Thiago Silva.

Yes. That is a quote from a rapper.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:45 PM   #416
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

http://www.ufc.com/metropcs

UFC giving away tons of free fights in anticipation of UFC 162.

- CM Punk
Old 06-29-2013, 06:25 AM   #417
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
jon fitch got choked out in 41 seconds in first fight since ufc release by josh burkman
Holy ****...

I'd heard about the result but hadn't seen any footage of it. If ever there was any footage to show just how bad a refereed Steve Mazzagatti is, then this is it.

You see how bad some fighters are about letting go of holds & not letting go until the referee stops it, can you imagine if they'd been in another position if Burkman hadn't realised Fitch had went out..? Or if Burkman had been one of those fighters that would have continued squeezing..

He has had issues like this far, far, far too often, either he stops a fight too soon or stops it too late.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #418
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

I am so ready for this Anderson/Weidman fight. It's like this week is taking forever getting there. I would freeze myself until next Saturday, but a friend of mine once did that and ended up in the future.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #419
brainchild81
Arachnid-Fellow

I'm hype too. I still think Anderson wins but Weidman may be the toughest challenge Silva's ever had

See Black Dynamite

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Under your watch, 50% of marriages end in divorce &the other 50% in death!
Old 06-29-2013, 11:50 PM   #420
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Silva via TKO in the first round. Dana, what are you doing?

Old 07-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #421
Mace Bloodstone
Prospect

It's either going to be just another waste of over hype to sell a fight, or a huge upset.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #422
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

Weidman has earned his shot. The hype is crazy behind him, but he's a guy that has earned a shot with some solid victories. The problem is that Anderson has beat everyone that he's getting the shot too soon, but that's how it is when you're living in the Matrix.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #423
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainchild81 View Post
I'm hype too. I still think Anderson wins but Weidman may be the toughest challenge Silva's ever had
This is said every time Anderson fights someone.

Honestly unless this is the fight in which age finally beats Silva, there is no reason for him to lose to Weidman. Weidman is just a wrestler with good cardio, sound familiar? It should because Sonnen was offering exactly the same threats.

Weidman isn't as good a boxer as Sonnen, skill wise, I don't feel, however he does carry enough power to put someone in trouble if he can connect.. however it's a case of ifs & buts because this is Anderson Silva we are talking about.

Silva via TKO inside 3 rounds.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #424
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Ronda Rousey vs. Meisha Tate II at UFC 168 on December 28th

Old 07-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #425
brainchild81
Arachnid-Fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
This is said every time Anderson fights someone.

Honestly unless this is the fight in which age finally beats Silva, there is no reason for him to lose to Weidman. Weidman is just a wrestler with good cardio, sound familiar? It should because Sonnen was offering exactly the same threats.

Weidman isn't as good a boxer as Sonnen, skill wise, I don't feel, however he does carry enough power to put someone in trouble if he can connect.. however it's a case of ifs & buts because this is Anderson Silva we are talking about.

Silva via TKO inside 3 rounds.
IMO Weidman &
Fail Sonnen don't offer the same threat. Fail needs to be hopped up on TRT just to have the striking power of an 8year old. He hit Silva like 1000x and didn't finish him or even mess his face up. He's not a finisher unless you're totally useless off your back like Stann was (Fail's only UFC finish). Weidman can at least hit hard enough to cause concern. I've never been impressed w/Fail's boxing

See Black Dynamite

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Under your watch, 50% of marriages end in divorce &the other 50% in death!

Last edited by brainchild81; 07-02-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Closed Thread