3 1 5.88%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #26
Mikelus
Islander

Default Re: Episode 15: Dodger - Rate & Review Thread

^^ Some poor look pretty decent, it depends of the person.

Last edited by Mikelus; 02-21-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Mikelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:30 AM   #27
Mikelus
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimmings View Post
Does anyone wonder exactly how Dodger was able to slip bomb necklaces on people; especially Felicity? I mean, she knew his MO and was in a packed room with two vigilantes and some police officers. Couldn't she just have made a scene when he went at her or just bear hug him after he got the necklace on her? I doubt he'd blow up anyone's head if they kept it within a few inches of his body. Idk it's probably just a nit pick, but it really stood out to me for some reason.
You're not alone. Maybe a scene was deleted, I imagine him telling her to remain quiet or he would detonate another bomb or whatever, not that big of a deal.

Mikelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:51 AM   #28
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Show has plenty of scenes like that and at this point I just learn to give it that. As long as its doesn't pile or its not too glaring. I was mostly bothered by him not getting someone else to grab the jewel for him when its been stated he doesn't do that.

Spill

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #29
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Anyone else think Felicity might become love Intrest for Oliver with him becoming regurly next season If they continue to want to keep him and Laurel apart.

marvelrobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:08 PM   #30
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I'd prefer Felicity to be with Diggle.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:17 PM   #31
Indy1Jones
The Batfleck

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Anyone else think Felicity might become love Intrest for Oliver with him becoming regurly next season If they continue to want to keep him and Laurel apart.
I could see that.

Indy1Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #32
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Another solid episode. 7/10. It wasn't as enthralling as the last couple have been, mostly due to them slowing down and developing Ollie and Diggle's romances, but the writing was still good nontheless. I'm also very happy they upgraded Felicity to a full time member of the cast, she was so hot this ep. Also...I'm not sure if I like the idea of Felicity becoming a romantic interest to Ollie. It might ruin the character honestly. If the ever decide to introduce an attraction between the two I want them to keep it subtle for as long as they can.

And of course, nice to see Roy finally introduced. I doubt he will get much screen time before the second season though.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #33
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I'd prefer Felicity to be with Diggle.
Everyone's gotta pair up I would rather Felicity be with someone else. Maybe even fall for someone who ends up being a villian. Deathstroke!

Old 02-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #34
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

I thought this episode was pretty decent, but the way that Thea found out about Roy was pretty lazy if you ask me.
I also don't see why Ollie couldn't at least untie that guy on the island. It's not like he would have to take him with him to Slade or anything.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:44 PM   #35
Obsidian Idea
The light is blinding

Thumbs up Re: Episode 15: Dodger - Rate & Review Thread

I'm just happy they got a better wig for Kelly Hu as China White...she looked SO much better last night...they need to give that wig to Halle Berry if she reprises Storm in the X-movies....

Good ep though...

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" John 10:27 (New King James Version)
Obsidian Idea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #36
echostation
Banned User

Funny they dumped in two battlestar actors there

echostation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:28 AM   #37
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

The island stuff last time spoiled me as to how entertaining this show can be. So this was just an ok episode.

I really don't like the Diggle storyline with his sister-in-law.

Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:54 AM   #38
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

^ exactly, after an amazing island based episode this was just ok.

James Callis makes for a very good villain though, pitty villains come and go in the show. they could make small arks with them.

NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #39
Project862006
Banned User

why was felicity acting like ollie was outright murdering people

has he even killed 1 person from the list?

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:08 AM   #40
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Maybe he hasn't killed anyone on the list, but he sure had no problem killing the people that protect his targets. Oh, totally forgot that ex-military dude, that's at least one guy on the list he killed.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #41
Project862006
Banned User

maybe but she acted like Ollie was straight up frank castle lol

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:31 PM   #42
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
Roy Harper dropping his chain and being so easy to find because he always wears a red hoodie was lame. They also should have made him look grimy. They could have had an episode wear he cleans himself up and impreses Thea. He didn't look poor at all.
Quote:
They certainly don't look like they use a ton of products.
Uhm... maybe's he's poor from buying all that product?

But seriously, the guy's just poor. Not homeless. Lots of poor people - especially in first world countries - live much like everyone else. It's just that they barely get by day-to-day, lack savings, and get royally screwed financially when something bad happens (e.g. a hospital bill, car accident, missed a few days of work, etc). They certainly don't have a problem with basic personal hygiene. Indeed, having Roy look grimy doesn't make him look poor; just filthily unhygienic.

Moreover, Roy was shown living in a house that did not sound overcrowded with fellow bums or family members. If he can afford living in a house without ten other roommates, he ain't that "poor".

mr. peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #43
fanboiii
disciple of truth

There's a difference between hygiene and vanity. Grimy was an exaggeration. Poor people don't look as clean cut as he does, and you have to be quite poor to be desperate enough to target purses.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:01 AM   #44
Hunter Rider
Ronin

I thought the ep was a fun first outing for Ollie, Dig and Felicity as a team, she is going to be a great addition to their dynamic. The Dodger was a solid villain who I think they can expand on, and the action sequence that wrapped things up was neat.

I'm already irritated by Roy.

The island scenes were minimal but formed a harsh piece of the puzzle of how Ollie becomes a survivor.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #45
brazilian_boy
Side-Kick

Quote:
I was actually expecting Dinah to jump over the fence as well. :/
This so much!

Old 02-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #46
The_Shadow
Side-Kick

Was the Asian actor talking to Ollie's mom the same one in The Dark Knight?

Connecting the universes?

The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:20 AM   #47
BatsDC
Cold-Blooded

Same actor, different character.

BatsDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:03 AM   #48
Ethermatic
Side-Kick

I thought it was a good episode overall. Not every episode is going to be huge like The Odyssey. From what I've read, though, the next episode is supposed to be top notch. I know it got a high grade by Entertainment Weekly and with Malcolm and China White back—with a much better wig—I can imagine it'll be a good one leading to the show's little break.

I'm liking the dynamic between Oliver, Diggle, and Felicity. I'm in love with Emily Rickards so it's easy to feel that way.

I've seen elsewhere that people are confused why Roy Harper is there when they already call Thea 'Speedy' and I keep wanting to say that she'll probably end up going by 'Speedy' while Roy will just go straight to Red Arrow. I mean, the guy was wearing a red hoodie in his first appearance and Thea's middle name isn't Dearden for nothing.

Ethermatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #49
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Firstly, oh my god its Lau from the Dark Knight

Well this wasn't as good as last weeks episode (or even the one before that) but it was still a decent episode. The main reason I liked this episode because we got our first look at Roy Harper. I really like Colton Haynes. He was one of the best actors on Teen Wolf and I always thought he had the look of someone who should be a comic book character. He's got a great look for Roy Harper and I hope we see a lot more of him, which I'm sure we will q

As always the island flashbacks were awesome, I feel abit spoilt from last weeks though cause I felt we didn't get enough this week. I really didn't trust the kid on the island up that was a cold decision Oliver had to make. No wonder he never wants to talk about his island experience.

I have to admit the Dodger storyline was probably the one I was least interested in, definitely not in a rush to see him again. I mean he the hell did he get those collars on people? Is he an ex magician with lightning quick hands? Still the bike chase scene was good but the episode seriously lacked some action.

I wasn't overly keen on the dates storyline but they were obviously there to move the story along. I love how Oliver's going to be dating a cop who wants to bring his alias in. Looking forward to seeing where this will go.

China White popped up once again, nice ending btw

I never really mention this but the score was superb in this episode. The music in the scene where Diggle kissed whats her face? Reminded me so much of Batman Begins.

7 out of 10

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #50
Justin
Side-Kick

I was thinking 7-7.5 but decided to be generous and go for an 8.

On the positives, Felicity was properly integrated into the team, and adds a new tech dynamic to the way Oli does things. And wow she looked hot at the auction. We got to meet Roy Harper and I was pleased that the Diggle romance went off as hoped. Maybe he will have a decreased role now the team is getting bigger, so this is a good "out" for him if that is the case.

The dodger himself was cool, but like Vanch he seems more like a team up guy than any real threat. Also the Undertaking seems to me like the rich decided to wipe out the glades to make the city better, but then Malcolm became pyscotic and now a lot of them are having second thoughts. The conversation Moira had at the end was very interesting.

On the negatives, it just wasn't as good as recent episodes. But then it's unfair to expect the show to maintain that pace all the way through. Island flashbacks certainly could have been better and this romance with the cop doesn't do it for me, although if she is the "police source" that alerted Vanch about Laurel, and now she's working on the vigilante case, I can see why they'd go there.

Overall it was an average episode, but we need to expect some of those in a 22 or however many it is long season.

Quote:
why was felicity acting like ollie was outright murdering people has he even killed 1 person from the list?
From her point of view she probably knows very little about what he's done besides the stuff that has made the news, which does involve murder. Digg also told her that Ollie has killed people last week. Once she realises he's essentially a good guy who only kills if necessary, she'll probably loosen up. If they just had her OK with everything from the get-go, she'd not be all that realistic of an IT girl. Digg was exactly the same to start with, she'll get with the program I'm sure

Last edited by Justin; 02-26-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote