The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #351
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 1

I can't imagine not playing the next Halo so I'll probably end up with both but I'm gonna start off with PS4 after being a 360 user this generation. I plan to get my own place next month and I don't wanna get cable, just internet and using streaming services like Netflix. So the PSN having the exclusive on the NFL Sunday Ticket was the deciding factor for me. I'll probably spend a lot of time catching up with the PS3 games I missed this gen, namely MGS4 and the Uncharted trilogy.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #352
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

You're going to need a PS3 then.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #353
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

I know it's not backwards compatible with discs, but does that also apply to PSN games?

Old 05-06-2013, 07:10 AM   #354
TX85
Señor Zorro

We can download/stream PS1-3 games including PSN games..But I don't think our saves transfer over!

Old 05-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #355
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

What about Bluray BD drive on he PS4? I guess you buy or rent Blurays for PS3 version? I guess you can use Netflix for streaming movies then.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:02 AM   #356
TX85
Señor Zorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
What about Bluray BD drive on he PS4? I guess you buy or rent Blurays for PS3 version? I guess you can use Netflix for streaming movies then.
I don't get what your trying to be sarcastic about,Not everybody knows that we can download/stream old games on PS4 via Cloud since there's no BC,So yeah we can do that But we can't use our saves..Thus no BC applies to PSN games!!!

Maybe I should have explained in more detail But damn no need to be lame sarcastic dick about it!

Last edited by TX85; 05-06-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #357
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
We can download/stream PS1-3 games including PSN games..But I don't think our saves transfer over!
Sony has never confirmed this. The only thing that's a safe bet is that there will be PS1 backwards compatibility. PS2/PS3 is up in the air and to what extent remains to be revealed. Anything else is pure speculation at this point

Old 05-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #358
TX85
Señor Zorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Sony has never confirmed this. The only thing that's a safe bet is that there will be PS1 backwards compatibility. PS2/PS3 is up in the air and to what extent remains to be revealed. Anything else is pure speculation at this point
I thought they confirmed that there was no BC at all for PS1-3 games/Only able to play them by streaming and that saves including PSN were not transferring over!?

Good thing I said"I think"

Old 05-06-2013, 08:32 AM   #359
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
I thought they confirmed that there was no BC at all for PS1-3 games/Only able to play them by streaming and that saves including PSN were not transferring over!?

Good thing I said"I think"
They confirmed that there was no BC. They said nothing about those games being streamed. That's speculation based on their acquisition of Gaikai. They said they are looking into options but really no details beyond that

Old 05-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #360
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Ah I thought you could stream the previous PS titles as well for some reason. Can't really remember exactly what was said during the conference. Sure they'll come up with something anyway.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #361
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

I'm looking forward to E3 and the new details we will receive about the console. My main interest is backwards compatibility news right now.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #362
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

What news? They've said that our purchases won't transfer over, and it's not compatible with PS3 discs. What's left?

Old 05-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #363
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squirrel View Post
What news? They've said that our purchases won't transfer over, and it's not compatible with PS3 discs. What's left?
Well there is no confirmation on streaming old PS titles through Gaikai and no confirmation if there will be any form of PS1 backwards compatibility.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:21 AM   #364
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
I don't get what your trying to be sarcastic about,Not everybody knows that we can download/stream old games on PS4 via Cloud since there's no BC,So yeah we can do that But we can't use our saves..Thus no BC applies to PSN games!!!

Maybe I should have explained in more detail But damn no need to be lame sarcastic dick about it!

I didn't realise, I wasn't trying to be.

I didn't mean offend you.

Last edited by Two-Face; 05-07-2013 at 05:46 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:40 AM   #365
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

PS4 Share button use limited, devs can block, “parts of a game [they don't] want people to see

http://www.officialplaystationmagazi...people-to-see/

Well I guess you can't share every time you want then.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #366
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

So wait... If we can stream. S
PS2/3 games... How is that not a form of BC? Sure I can't play the disc... But I can purchase and stream the game.

That's BC enough for me.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #367
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
So wait... If we can stream. S
PS2/3 games... How is that not a form of BC? Sure I can't play the disc... But I can purchase and stream the game.

That's BC enough for me.
bc the hardware doesn't have the capability to actually run the PS2/PS3 games itself. Without an internet source there is no native functionality for this because the PS4 simply can not run those games. Streaming is an alternative to the PS4's lack of BC

Old 05-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #368
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
bc the hardware doesn't have the capability to actually run the PS2/PS3 games itself. Without an internet source there is no native functionality for this because the PS4 simply can not run those games. Streaming is an alternative to the PS4's lack of BC
That sounds just about right to me.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #369
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Yeah, it's an alternative to BC which is good for those who are new to PS or don't already own the old games. I wanted to trade in my PS3 to get the PS4 just to save on space & wires but keep all my disc games. I mean I'm keeping many of them for good on my shelf even if I can't play them one day. Not going to be replacing the PS3 when it eventually dies or paying to stream a game I already own.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #370
TX85
Señor Zorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
I didn't realise, I wasn't trying to be.

I didn't mean offend you.
I guess it's a case of a misunderstanding,I apologize!

Old 05-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #371
TX85
Señor Zorro

An alternative BC is a good way of putting it,Better than nothing too

Old 05-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #372
Fading
>:(

No BC, at least physically, does have me rethinking what to do with my current PS3, and games. I was planning on selling my PS3, and the games I can live without (keeping things like the Uncharted trilogy, Skyrim, ect). I know I'll probably eventually get an urge to play those games again. So now I'm thinking I might end up just keeping my PS3 around just in case. It takes up room, and I won't have all the xtra cash from selling it and my old games to put on new PS4 stuff, but I know I'll probably regret it down the road if I get rid of everything.

I just hope if they end up letting PSN games transfer over. I can get why developers wouldn't want them to, so we can rebuy all of their games again, lol. Not to mention if a game doesn't get transfered over, but you bought you purchased it on PS3's PSN, I could see that causing a problem (i.e. having something unlocked, but being unable to download it). It's just that I have a lot of purchases on PSN, that I like to occasionally pop on and play for 10 mins to kill time. With all of the new PSN games we'll be seeing, it will be harder to justify buying something like Stardust again. Where if I could have a title like that transfer over, I'd probably still occasionally play it.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #373
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fading View Post
No BC, at least physically, does have me rethinking what to do with my current PS3, and games. I was planning on selling my PS3, and the games I can live without (keeping things like the Uncharted trilogy, Skyrim, ect). I know I'll probably eventually get an urge to play those games again. So now I'm thinking I might end up just keeping my PS3 around just in case. It takes up room, and I won't have all the xtra cash from selling it and my old games to put on new PS4 stuff, but I know I'll probably regret it down the road if I get rid of everything.

I just hope if they end up letting PSN games transfer over. I can get why developers wouldn't want them to, so we can rebuy all of their games again, lol. Not to mention if a game doesn't get transfered over, but you bought you purchased it on PS3's PSN, I could see that causing a problem (i.e. having something unlocked, but being unable to download it). It's just that I have a lot of purchases on PSN, that I like to occasionally pop on and play for 10 mins to kill time. With all of the new PSN games we'll be seeing, it will be harder to justify buying something like Stardust again. Where if I could have a title like that transfer over, I'd probably still occasionally play it.
I'm not buying anything I've bought before. Non BC I can understand but they should be giving us the streaming option for free for titles we've already bought. I don't want to rebuy a great arcade title every generation!

Old 05-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #374
TX85
Señor Zorro

I'll be getting the PS4 or neXbox early next year with some of my tax return But will likely be keeping my PS3 for games like GTA V..Which I could spent years playing as did with IV(recently got rid of it only because I had it for 360 and got rid of that)unless they eventually have a GOTY/special collection edition or PSN/XBL ported over to the new consoles.

Last edited by TX85; 05-07-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #375
Soapy
It's happening again...

Next Game Informer is going to have a thirty page PS4 cover story.

Closed Thread