The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #451
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 1

It's difficult making a good new multiplayer that is played widely by a big community & hangs around long term, but this should be the target of Killzone or whatever future FPS Sony want to go with. Even good games like Crysis 2 & Max Payne don't have enduring communities where the multiplayer alone would move consoles as an exclusive.

Outside of beat'em ups & sports games the main multiplatform online games are shooters with CoD way out in front, Battlefield respectable and I'd imagine a big gap after that. The Halo SP couldn't do the job itself and the MP probably comes in somewhere behind Battlefield's combined platfom influence but ahead of the rest of the pack despite being an exclusive. Gears of War also had potential but not to anywhere near the same extent..& if they put out another game like Judgment they can say goodbye to that.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #452
WolfCypher
I wanna pack of wolves!

Has the system been revealed yet? I can't view that video from two posts ago...

I liked TMNT...way more than GotG. There. It's been said.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #453
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfCypher View Post
Has the system been revealed yet? I can't view that video from two posts ago...
Nope. June 10th.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:56 PM   #454
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

Price rumor and range watch (via Google translation and currency conversion)

Sony PlayStation 4 the price lists on the official website May 20, 2013

Quote:
The entry has since been removed though, but the PS4 was listed there for the price of the equivalent of 399 EUR, including a 250GB hard drive. One can probably assume that this will have been the standard model of PS4 and you probably also start offering a premium bundle. 250 GB are given of how great games and movies will be in the future, even more of a joke.
399 Euros = 513 Dollars

Old news:

PlayStation 4, 7 years new year sale, and social cooperation February 7, 2013

Quote:
It seems price is considering, and you are more than 40,000 yen.
More than 40,000 Yen = More than 390 Dollars

Old 05-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #455
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

I think there will be 2 models, $399 & $499 and these will be 299 & 399 & probably €299 & €399. UK always gets the worst deal.

And 250GB isn't enough for big next gen games & a load of HD movies. I have about 300GB of just DLC and downloadable arcade games (not including retail game installs or any other media).

Old 05-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #456
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

250GB? That has to be a joke.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #457
Fading
>:(

Current models have 250GB, I doubt that's true. Also doubting a $500 entry point. Though the price does tend to be higher in EU. Rumor's are going to run rampant until E3, and even then we probably won't have everything answered. Though I guess all of the speculation does make the final reveal more exciting, so I don't mind . I definitely believe Sony's aiming for a holiday release this year though, hence an early year reveal. So E3 is their best time to not only show off the system, but give it's price. So we'll know soon.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #458
Kane52630
Nightcall User

1 TB, no less!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 05-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #459
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

I just wonder what else is going to be missing or reduced in a $399 model.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #460
Fading

Personally, I'm guessing 500GB entry model, and 600-750GB for the elite version. Remember, they'll have new models out every year with bigger harddrives. They'll probably save the TB's for next Christmas.

It's funny to think back though. When BR's came out, so many people were arguing it was an absurd amount of space, that a DVD was far more than enough. When MGS 4 came out, everyone was saying the talk of it maxing out a 50GB BR disk was BS, or that it was bloated with crap. On top of which people were arguing that 20GB hard drives were fine, and more than enough for gaming. Now, we're arguing that 500GB's is too small of a harddrive. The size of games is only going to go up, filing up a hard drive is going to become easier, and easier.

Sony and MS are smart enough, and forward thinking enough to realize that by the end of the next gen cycle, 500GB's is going to be a piddly amount of space, and 8GB's is going to be a bare minimum amount for gaming. It's ok for the start to mid of next gen, but it won't be 10 years from now. Since consoles (outside of hard drives) can't be upgraded, they're thinking down the road.

I just don't see them starting out with hard drives the same size as current PS3 model sizes.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #461
Fading

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
I just wonder what else is going to be missing or reduced in a $399 model.
If it's anything like this gen, it will probably be like this -

PS4 Elite -/- Regular
USB 4 /2
HDMI ports 2/1
SD/Mini card slot yes/no
Hard Drive 750GB/500GB
Price $499/$399

Past that, not sure. There might be games bundled in, or a PS EYE + Move. Given that the controller have speakers on them, maybe the console will too. Not sure on if they'll have put in USB 3.0 or 2.0 ports in either, so just put USB.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #462
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

If I had to do a mandatory install for all my retail games I'd need 3TB for what I've got now lol. I can't install more than 1 at a time at the moment. Only have a few MB space left. Have to delete to download anything further. I know a guy with the 4 GB which is basically useless.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #463
Fading

That's why Nintendo needs to get with the times. They're creative with peripherals, and can make fun games. However we're getting at a point with technology where the bare minimum just can't cut it anymore. If you're going to have a downloadable games store, you can't keep dumping small hard drives in, and depending on memory cards. Just like you can't underestimate the growing popularity of online gaming, by continually releasing a sub-par online system.

I may not be an Xbox guy, but I applauded MS for creating XBL the way they did, and applauded Sony for not being afraid to follow suite and revamp the PSN stuff. Nintendo seems content to just be Nintendo, but I have a feeling that's not going to cut it for too many more gens. They're going to need to get with the times eventually.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:12 PM   #464
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I think there will be 2 models, $399 & $499 and these will be 299 & 399 & probably €299 & €399. UK always gets the worst deal.
And 250GB isn't enough for big next gen games & a load of HD movies. I have about 300GB of just DLC and downloadable arcade games (not including retail game installs or any other media).

sad but true, Sony don't like the UK? 399.99 is overpriced in my opinion. And others have said, current has 250GB so I don't think next gen has to be more than that.

I am a Batmanite
Old 05-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #465
Havok83
Side-Kick

Personally, I dont care what size the system comes in as long as they still allow for you to swap it out with your own HDD. If thats the case, then i dont think 250gb is a big deal bc that'll be more than enough space for new content for at least a couple of years, but if you want bigger, than it'll be as easy as searching for the latest deals online, which are always coming down in price. Again thats going under the assumption that this is a feature that is carried over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post

No UK doesnt. Australia always does. Game hardware and software is downright ridiculous over there. You'd be grateful for what you have to pay after hearing how the price is gouged over there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fading View Post

It's funny to think back though. When BR's came out, so many people were arguing it was an absurd amount of space, that a DVD was far more than enough. When MGS 4 came out, everyone was saying the talk of it maxing out a 50GB BR disk was BS, or that it was bloated with crap. On top of which people were arguing that 20GB hard drives were fine, and more than enough for gaming. Now, we're arguing that 500GB's is too small of a harddrive. The size of games is only going to go up, filing up a hard drive is going to become easier, and easier.
Haha, I remember that and the PS3 being bashed for it bc 60gb was completely unnecesary. Now I wouldnt accept anything less than 500gb

Last edited by Havok83; 05-20-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #466
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Personally, I dont care what size the system comes in as long as they still allow for you to swap it out with your own HDD. If thats the case, then i dont think 250gb is a big deal bc that'll be more than enough space for new content for at least a couple of years, but if you want bigger, than it'll be as easy as searching for the latest deals online, which are always coming down in price. Again thats going under the assumption that this is a feature that is carried over.
That's a cool feature about the 360(except slim)where they sell hard drives to easily replace ones on a console!

I never had to buy another one when I had a 360 though But still I think that was a great option!

Old 05-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #467
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I have the 160gb PS3 slim, and that has been enough space for me, but then again I usually clear out any space from the game data from games that I don't own, and I rarely download full games. So 250gb wouldn't be so bad for me, but then I think about people who do buy games online a lot, and how many people feel that consoles will go all digital in the next few years, not to mention the fact that next gen games would be bigger. So I think the base should definitely be 500GB, while I'm sure will eventually become the standard in a year or two.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #468
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

I have the 250 GB PS3 slim with only 86 GB left But I don't think I'll end up using it all

Old 05-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #469
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

I've had the 120gb PS3 slim for 4 years now and I never ran out of space. 250gb is fine by me.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #470
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Edit

I am a Batmanite

Last edited by Two-Face; 05-20-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #471
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I usually have 60gb free out of my 160gb, but I noticed last week that I was down to 20gb free because I rented a bunch of games in the past couple of months that I never erased. After clearing out those, as well as older games that I know I'll never play again, I had about 80gbs free. I just signed up for PS+ and have been downloading games from there that are either free or the full trials, but I don't think I'll run out of space. If anything, I'll just delete some of the games and download them again later on.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #472
Soapy
It's happening again...

I have a 40GB PS3. It sucks.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #473
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
I usually have 60gb free out of my 160gb, but I noticed last week that I was down to 20gb free because I rented a bunch of games in the past couple of months that I never erased. After clearing out those, as well as older games that I know I'll never play again, I had about 80gbs free. I just signed up for PS+ and have been downloading games from there that are either free or the full trials, but I don't think I'll run out of space. If anything, I'll just delete some of the games and download them again later on.
To help with that problem of PS+ (too many games and I like to keep a certain amount of free space available) I created a photo folder on my PS3 called 'My Games' and so everytime I download a PS+ freebie or buy something but don't get around to dl'ing it yet I go to google, save a jpeg of that game and put it in there. So sometimes I can browse through that folder instead of going down that Download List that's a complete mess and search for the game individually on the store and download. It complements the whole trying to save space methinks.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean

Last edited by JaD; 05-20-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #474
Havok83
Side-Kick

Sony BETTER fix the download list with the PS4. That's one of the worst things about the PS3 which they have NEVER bothered to address since I purchased mine 6 years ago

Old 05-21-2013, 12:26 AM   #475
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
No UK doesnt. Australia always does. Game hardware and software is downright ridiculous over there. You'd be grateful for what you have to pay after hearing how the price is gouged over there
Actually I do remember now an Ozzie gaming friend telling me about the costs of some of the games over there a few years ago and I couldn't believe it. Can't remember exactly how high he said but it was nothing like the rest of the world. Dread to think how much they'd get charged for a next gen console on day 1.

I was talking in terms of $/€/ - US/Euro/UK although I also meant to include JP, all countries I would realistically buy a console from. (I own US & Japanese XBox 360s as well as PAL). The UK always seems to come off worse than US & the rest of Europe for some reason though and that's part of (although probably not the biggest) reason why imports are popular here.

Closed Thread