The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #326
Thundarr
Side-Kick

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
Even if by some miracle this film turns out to be a good film, changing the history and mythos of the Turtles will still make me hate it. If Bay wanted to do a movie about humanoid aliens who leave there planet of humanoid aliens and come to earth.. Why didn't he just do a BIKER MICE FROM MARS film.... Oh no wait!!! Rather not!
Wait, they're still doing the "They're aliens from Turtle Planet"story? I thought they scrapped that ages ago! I haven't really been following this thread very closely. Last I heard (I believe this was in Part 2 of the thread somewhere) the turtles were from Earth, but the radioactive sludge which mutates them into humanoids was from another planet (which I don't have a problem with as that is the origin story from the original graphic novels). Did it get switched back?

Old 04-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #327
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

I think they did scrap that.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:57 PM   #328
Thundarr
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I think they did scrap that.
Okay, good. To be honest, that worried me more than learning Megan Fox was cast to play April O'Neal.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #329
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickNitro View Post
I agree. I feel like this movie is just going to be a massive train wreck in the fans eyes, but for everyone who sees Michael Bay's name and Megan Fox in the credits they are going to eat it up.....

To be honest if it sucks I hope it tanks.....I'd rather it suck really bad and lose money than be a TF2 type of deal.
I disagree.
Ask any 8 year old boy and they would probably disagree as well. I find this self important mentality teeming in many a fan boy crowd grating. If it puts a smile and sparks the imagination of an 8 year old it's doing something right.

Lest we get the 8 year olds sitting through the first act of TDKR scratching their heads while holding a BTAS action figure in their hands. There's the true crime.

For all TF2's faults and success, everyone acknowledges that it faced a turmoil in production that few other films face. A turmoil that the other two films in the series didn't face and it shows. A turmoil that in spite of itself still produced a film with more life and entertainment than the likes of say resident evil or even worse battleship. Not only did it attract a huge audience but it produced a sequel that only proved the point that the sour taste was mostly overrated(TF3 coming off of the most hated film in cinema, holds a surprisingly high BO rank, either that says something about the film itself or the film it's following, either way it says something not too silly)... But I digress.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #330
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
I beg to differ. The worse thing that can happen to TMNT isn't Vanilla Ice or time travel (which isn't uncommon in the Turtles mythology to begin with, so I never got the TMNT III hate). The worse thing that can happen is Bay and company going Godzilla 98 on this thing and making them then Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in name only. In fact, they wouldn't even be that, they'd just be Ninja Turtles. Not even Teenage or Mutant. This approach was successful for Transformers, I suppose, because there wasn't nearly as big of a fan base invested in that, as opposed the the turtles, and a human cast was needed for the audience to get interested in the story. The film being "goofy" or "tongue in cheek" is almost expected. Uprooting everything the turtles are, making it Transformers with Turtles, which the leaked script is, is far worse. So I respectfully disagree with the theory that "there is no where to go but up", though I appreciate and admire your optimism. I too am hoping for the best.
I don't think there's anywhere to go but up. Not when it comes to the modern audience. I think the studio can make a far more successful film than NT3 with little effort. I also think not having a big dance brake in the 3 act with a corny rapper is hard to "not top"

If you did that in the third act of a transformers movie, that would be a wrap. And the fans would let it be known.

I see your point, in that too many changes presents a different sort of problem, fair enough.

I'm actually rather interested in a kingdom come approach, telling the story from a human relatable observer.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #331
Marvin
Side-Kick

I think fan(boys)s are underestimating how (perhaps too) self serious John Libesman's film can be. I believe these are his last two.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

This wasn't "a godawful train wreck" of direction.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I think people are seeing Bay's name and a few other things, and are probably losing sight of what the real issues might be.
Such as this directors often disappointing endings.

I personally think JL's Ninja Turtle film will be wayyyyyy better than the last two turtle movies. But I'm not really a fan of those so what does it matter. What matters is what the fans of those think.

Old 04-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #332
DrDoom
Dictator

The most recent CGI Turtles movie gets a bad rap, it was actually pretty good

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 04-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #333
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
I Rather quite liked that one...too bad the "fans" didn't however. Maybe next time said fans should show up, rather keen minded producers get their hands on said property.

(for the record I mostly bash the live action films)

Old 04-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #334
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Unacceptable.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #335
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
I Rather quite liked that one...too bad the "fans" didn't however. Maybe next time said fans should show up, rather keen minded producers get their hands on said property.

Oh, when you said "will be waaaaaayyyy better than the last two films" I thought you included the CGI movie in with TMNT III

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 04-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #336
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Whats with the rumor with George Takei where did that originate from?

Old 04-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #337
spidergeek232
I'm Not A Loser

What are you talking about?

Old 04-14-2013, 12:49 AM   #338
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidergeek232 View Post
What are you talking about?
Its a rumor, really doubt it will come true. I have a feeling we will get the rest of cast announcements by Comic Con (which im hoping they have a panel for)

Old 04-14-2013, 01:59 AM   #339
Wheels
They see me rollin'
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Lest we get the 8 year olds sitting through the first act of TDKR scratching their heads while holding a BTAS action figure in their hands. There's the true crime.
Oh yes a true crime, sir. How many people love the Nolan Batman films? A lot. Avengers was a fun movie that kids can enjoy. DC tried to make a lighter superhero film with Green Lantern but it didn't work. Kids are getting top notch movies like Wreck-It Ralph and ParaNorman. They have had stuff like Avengers: EMH, Batman: TBATB, Adventure Time, Ben 10, the Power Rangers reboot, the new TMNT toon and other cool stuff on TV. I don't buy the whole kids are left out in the cold crap because some stuff goes over their heads in a Nolan Batman film. There's plenty of entertaining stuff for kids out there.

I find it funny that you like the CGI film considering that there were quite a bit of slow dialogue heavy scenes there. That's not exactly catnip for the kids.

Quote:
There's been an awakening... Have you felt it?

The Dark Side, and the Light.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:58 AM   #340
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
Oh yes a true crime, sir. How many people love the Nolan Batman films? A lot. Avengers was a fun movie that kids can enjoy. DC tried to make a lighter superhero film with Green Lantern but it didn't work. Kids are getting top notch movies like Wreck-It Ralph and ParaNorman. They have had stuff like Avengers: EMH, Batman: TBATB, Adventure Time, Ben 10, the Power Rangers reboot, the new TMNT toon and other cool stuff on TV. I don't buy the whole kids are left out in the cold crap because some stuff goes over their heads in a Nolan Batman film. There's plenty of entertaining stuff for kids out there.

I find it funny that you like the CGI film considering that there were quite a bit of slow dialogue heavy scenes there. That's not exactly catnip for the kids.
I'm not sure what you're getting at, sir.

I'll start with Green Lantern. Yes please do make your point by citing a poorly executed film and then simply blame it on the "light" tone. That's kinda off base, that would be like me saying the reason the Punisher films failed(twice) is because they were dark, when in reality there is alot more arguments to be made on the matter.
I noticed in the same breath you mentioned Avengers...using your logic, avengers making that much more than nolan's Batman means light films are better right...

When did I say, there isn't "plenty of entertaining stuff out there" for kids?
I was talking about Kids and Batman. You can draw out a 5 page list of kids programming for all the good it would do you.

Lot's of people "love" nolans films, apparently even more people "love" the Transformers films, that doesn't say all to much about what's right or wrong though. The issue that fans boys love to beat over the head is that of their precious childhood being taken advantaged of. They act like there is a crime being committed and it's at the cost/sake of their 8 year old selves. They also think that just because they are grown now that the material needs to evolve to still satisfy their now "grown" minds. The equivalent would be demanding Hasbro make a Barbie movie in the tone of Sex & the City, cause that's what grown up girls like. This is folly. The property was geared towards 8 year olds in it's conception and for arguments sake, for 8 year olds it should stay. That's my point.
So when we talk of "crime" I point to the 8 year old with the batman toy in the audience watching this big nolan movie and instead of enjoying a film made for him he's watching a studio make money on a film called batman but instead it's Serpico and 1 third of self important set up in that law and order vain. Makes no difference to me, I love that stuff, but then again I'm not shouting a word about my childhood being raped.

As far as this discussion is concerned, I think TMNT 2007 is fine. A kid can walk into that movie with his action figures in hand and not be made to feel stupid. I love that you think otherwise though.

Long story short. I have just as much ground to hold up a picket sigh that reads, "Chris Nolan raped my childhood" as these fan boys have to do the same for Bay and his ilk. On the grounds that these properties used to be explicitly for kids(at least, that's where they found their initial success and money), and now some honor that and some simply don't.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #341
Wheels
They see me rollin'
SHH! Moderator

I feel like it's fine that films like the Nolan Batman series exists. There's no crime there. I feel like it's fine that Bay's Transformers exists, even if I don't like the last two at all and the first one has aspects that I don't like. There's no crime there either.

I'm not saying Green Lantern failed because it was light, but i'm saying it was going to be a lighter franchise for WB, and it failed. It's not as if WB is purposely trying to screw over kids.

As far TMNT 2007 goes I like the film but there are elements that kids would be bored by.

You don't constantly have to hit us over the head with your fan hate. Some aren't happy with the creative force behind this film. I'm worried about the humans getting the focus because the turtles have had individual traits that could be explored to make interesting characterisations. Focusing on the human characters is the easy way out, because human characters are easier to relate to because the audience is human.

Quote:
There's been an awakening... Have you felt it?

The Dark Side, and the Light.

Last edited by Wheels; 04-14-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #342
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-mutant-439723

Video interview with Raphael.

At least he seems to be implying there are no alien turtles.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #343
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

all of what he said was good to hear

Old 04-15-2013, 04:11 PM   #344
OutRiddled
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
It was better than TMNT III but oh god were those villains ******. What the hell were they thinking with those stupid looking monsters as well?

Old 04-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #345
scifiwolf
Side-Kick

Glad to hear what Alan had to say in the interview. I'm slowly getting over a lot of my reservations, or at least learning to put them on hold. Just now I'm wanting for more news to come out.

Old 04-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #346
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
It was better than TMNT III but oh god were those villains ******. What the hell were they thinking with those stupid looking monsters as well?
I think the CGI movie could have been a great opportunity to use Utroms instead of those ****ing monsters.

Old 04-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #347
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-mutant-439723

Video interview with Raphael.

At least he seems to be implying there are no alien turtles.
what's really interesting is that I think this will be the first film where mo-cap is used in a live environment rather than a studio set.

Old 04-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #348
Nathan

You know, never bothered to check who the actors for the Turtles were. So for me it was really a surprise to read just now that Alan Ritchson is Raphael. And I'm not too sure what to think about that. I can't really picture him as Raphael.

Old 04-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #349
Shadow Moses
FOXDIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAQU4M4N View Post
The casting couch may have helped her...
oh no you didn't

Old 04-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #350
scifiwolf
Side-Kick

Going back and watching it a second time, Alan kind of reminds me a bit of Schmidt on New Girl.