The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #351
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

I'm actually excited for this. Can't wait to see some pics

Old 04-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #352
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

so Splinter has been cast, way out of left field casting decision. Not really sure what to think of it.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #353
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

The ****.... Danny Woodburn?

Old 04-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #354
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-ninja-turtles

Da ****

Old 04-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #355
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Yeah I'm ****ing done

"I have had a dream all my life and it was not this good." -Joss Whedon
Old 04-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #356
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 04-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #357
Wheels
HR Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 04-15-2013, 07:42 PM   #358
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

I wouldn't be surprise now that Will Arnett is Shredder.

Seriously, the casting for this movie is terrible.

Thanks for raping my childhood, Bay.

Unless this Danny Woodburn can pull off a convincing wise old sage/ninja master-voice like Kevin Clash did in the original movies, I am done. I am literally done.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #359
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtleFan View Post
I wouldn't be surprise now that Will Arnett is Shredder.

Seriously, the casting for this movie is terrible.

Thanks for raping my childhood, Bay.

Unless this Danny Woodburn can pull off a convincing wise old sage/ninja master-voice like Kevin Clash did in the original movies, I am done. I am literally done.
Oh cut the **** with that kind of talk. He's making what's likely to a bad movie and squandering an opportunity. That's all.

He's not destroying all that came before it.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 04-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #360
Nathan

At least we got one great Turtles movie in this life time. Honestly, I'm just sticking around here to watch them continuously top their last terrible announcement.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #361
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

The last few Japanese major players in the franchise are pretty much the entire Foot Clan, including Karai and Shredder. I was hoping we'd get some cool old school Asian actor for Splinter, but we'll see who he chooses for the rest. All I can say is, considering the star level of the cast so far, the CG for this thing better be goddamn Avatar level.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #362
Mr. Todd
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Oh cut the **** with that kind of talk. He's making what's likely to a bad movie and squandering an opportunity. That's all.

Agreed.

Even if this thing sucks, which at this point I'll be floored if it doesn't, we'll still always have the comics, the original live action movie, the original cartoon, and the other AWESOME cartoon from a decade-ish ago.

Bruce Willis will not have to save anybody in a basement with a samurai sword because of one crappy interpretation.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #363
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post

I really hope they don't ****ing cast someone from those twilight movies as either Casey or Shredder that would the icing on an abomination cake.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #364
Wheels
HR Supporter

Please cut out the raping my childhood crap. Did you have fun with TMNT when you were a child? Can Bay erase your fond memories? No. We're still going to have the stuff we love that we can read or watch.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 04-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #365
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I really don't know what to think about this casting.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #366
Mr. Todd
Side-Kick

I do wish this film looked more promising though, because I DO enjoy TMNT, and hope it's not totally ****** for the new generations.

But...oh well.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #367
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAQU4M4N View Post
I really hope they don't ****ing cast someone from those twilight movies as either Casey or Shredder that would the icing on an abomination cake.
Well, we already have one Twilight member as Michelangelo. With the current casting, I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor Lautner ends up as Casey.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #368
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Well, we already have one Twilight member as Michelangelo. With the current casting, I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor Lautner ends up as Casey.
I'm gunna bet that will end up happening.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #369
Project862006
Banned User

whats next?

Ken Jeong as Shredder!!!

Old 04-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #370
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

"You fight well...IN THE OLD STYLE MOTHER****AAAA!!!!!"

Old 04-15-2013, 08:10 PM   #371
Nathan

At this point, I actually hope that they won't get a great actor as Shredder. Because I'd feel they would be wasting their time and talent.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #372
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I'm not sure how to react to the Splinter casting.

Is Woodburn known for doing accents? Or are we maybe getting a Splinter who was born and raised in the US and thus won't have a "Japanese accent" (if there are any connections to Japan)?

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 04-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #373
Marvin
Side-Kick

This is an interesting to odd casting choice, but I'm always happy when a little person get's a high profile gig.

As has been pointed out, they didn't exactly cast an Asian actor for the last great splinter performance. They also went ahead and cast a black man to voice shredder in that current tv show and if I recall a white man to voice shredder in the 90's movie.

I wonder if they had cast Christian Bale instead of Woodburn...

Old 04-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #374
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
whats next?

Ken Jeong as Shredder!!!
most likely, he's probably been on casting couch as much as Fox has for the roles he's been getting lol

Old 04-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #375
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAQU4M4N View Post
most likely, he's probably been on casting couch as much as Fox has for the roles he's been getting lol
Casting couch?