The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 05:29 AM   #26
Nathan

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

After all that's happened, even if this project should start to completely turn around and we get nothing but good news from here on, I'll wait for reviews first, before I go watch it.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:47 AM   #27
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotic View Post
Shredder better be Ken Watanabe at this point, man. And even then, we all know that's not gonna happen.
He's always been the dude who'd I'd want mocapping/voicing Splinter.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:12 AM   #28
SpideyFan866
1959 - 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
I guess it was too much for me to expect Liebesman to respect the Ninja Turtles.
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrain View Post
Maybe Liebesman will bring on Shia Lebeouf.
Fixed.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:51 AM   #29
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 02-22-2013, 06:54 AM   #30
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
It feels like Avatar all over again. Paramount just doesn't care to make fans happy even a little bit, I guess.
I'm happy Marvel isn't under Paramount anymore.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:09 AM   #31
Blackman
King Kong

I think Marvel did a fine job with Paramount. I actually dont blame them. Im looking at Lieberman and Platinum Dune.

But dammit man. I mean this could still be good. But with a director I dont like, an actress who I really dont like, and some script stuff that I didnt like my buzz is completely down.

And if this sucks it's gonna throw a wrench in the movie franchise which actually has a lot of potential

Old 02-22-2013, 08:08 AM   #32
culver3vlr22
Side-Kick

Lets hope a F#%k load of rewrites happen. For the most part Liebesman is the worst part of the movie.

Bay produced IMO a pretty Good Friday the 13th everyone hates it and I can understand its not that great but I kinda liked it.

But yes it looks like my hopes of a badass turtles movie isn't happening !

Old 02-22-2013, 08:33 AM   #33
SpideyFan866
1959 - 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by culver3vlr22 View Post
Lets hope a F#%k load of rewrites happen. For the most part Liebesman is the worst part of the movie.

Bay produced IMO a pretty Good Friday the 13th everyone hates it and I can understand its not that great but I kinda liked it.

But yes it looks like my hopes of a badass turtles movie isn't happening !
Eh. I get where you are coming from but I think he's an okay choice. I'm happy to have Liebesman if only because he has experience with extensive cgi, which this film will have.

With Bay on board, they can surely hit all of the action beats.

At this point, its really just on the writers Josh Applebaum and Andrew Nemec, who only have one prior film credit. That film being Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol, which is actually very good.

It has a 93% on Rotten Tomatoes and was the highest grossing MI film.

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 02-22-2013 at 08:37 AM. Reason: I
Old 02-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #34
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I'm happy Marvel isn't under Paramount anymore.
Well, that one was different since Paramount was just in a distributing agreement with Marvel. So, Marvel was still in control.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 02-22-2013, 10:35 AM   #35
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

This movie is ****ed. Bay producing, Jonathan Liebesman directing and now Megan Fox starring. This will only end badly.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #36
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

After the way people were going on about the original TMNT movie I thought it would be amazing, I saw it recently and it isn't. I think the best TMNT is the animated movie where you have the awesome Leo vs Raph fight, INTENSE.

Bay, Jonathan Liebesman and Fox...could Paramount be any more lazy?
I wasn't bothered about Transformers being a rubbish movie as I was never into it as a kid but TMNT was a favorite of mine.
Bay is destroying childhood memories one franchise at a time. I bet the next movie he wants to destroy is the Thundercats.

Last edited by spider-neil; 02-22-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #37
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
After the way people were going on about the original TMNT movie I thought it would be amazing, I saw it recently and it isn't.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #38
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I was expecting far more, like a SM2, TDK, Crow, IM level of quality movie.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #39
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

It was a nice blend of the more adult comics and what people liked about the 1987 toon.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

Old 02-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #40
Victarion
The Iron Captain

It pretty much had the tone of the first issue of the Eastman and Laird comics.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #41
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

The 1990's TMNT was too kiddie for my taste and the costumed/animatronic Turtles creeped me the **** out. I watched it like 3 or 5 years ago and I too didn't get the hype. Also Shredder looked lame and was the opposite of imposing.

I loved the 1980's cartoon as a kid and I kinda dug the 2003 version until it got lost in it's convoluted mythology.

The Lego Movie: 8.5/10-RoboCop 6.5/10-Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5/10

I SUPPORT GIVING BATFLECK A CHANCE.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #42
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Tmnt is a classic to me....as far as im concerned it still holds up no matter how many times I watch it

One of my all time favorite movies and one of thw best cbm movies to date

"I have had a dream all my life and it was not this good." -Joss Whedon
Old 02-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #43
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
After the way people were going on about the original TMNT movie I thought it would be amazing, I saw it recently and it isn't.
I completely disagree. In my opinion that movie is perhaps the best possible film about the TMNT. And on my top ten list of comic book films ever.

"Batman: Promises"

"Harley Quinn: Ridiculous Thoughts"
"La Broma Mortal"
Old 02-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #44
scifiwolf
Side-Kick

I think you had to be a kid when it came out to appreciate it. Younger people who go back and watch it now I don't think give it much respect. Those of us that saw it back in 1990 really understand how remarkably well it was executed and, even more remarkably, how well it's aged.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #45
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

If the new TMNT wasn't being produced and directed by hacks I would be confident the new movie would be better than the 1990 movie.
It's all down to opinions but just don't think the TMNT movie was all that.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #46
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

TMNT was the Batman '89 of the ninja turtles, for me.

It's forever a masterpiece... even with it's shortcomings. I grew up with both, and they had that perfect time/place about them.

I N T E R S T E L L A R
Old 02-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #47
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

One thing I liked about the first film was how realistic it was, but truly embracing the fantastic elements that come with the TMNT.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:51 PM   #48
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifiwolf View Post
I think you had to be a kid when it came out to appreciate it. Younger people who go back and watch it now I don't think give it much respect. Those of us that saw it back in 1990 really understand how remarkably well it was executed and, even more remarkably, how well it's aged.
I was born in 1984 and was a Turtles fanatic. I watched bits and peices of the film when I was a child, maybe I watched the whole film who knows? As a kid I remember not caring for what I saw and that's why I never watched any of the films all the way through. My favorite films at that time were Robocop and Terminator 2.

A few years ago I forced myself to watch and came away shrugging my shoulders. I don't think it has held up well at all to be honest. Nothing wrong with you loving it though.

The Lego Movie: 8.5/10-RoboCop 6.5/10-Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5/10

I SUPPORT GIVING BATFLECK A CHANCE.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #49
Immortalfire
The Mod of Death
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrain View Post
Maybe Bay will bring on Shia Lebeouf.
As Shredder, obviously!

Old 02-22-2013, 11:27 PM   #50
ShredderX
Side-Kick

The First Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie will probably be the closest Mirage based turtle movie we will get, and will forever be the best. Secret of the ooze was more like the fred wolf toon, and will forever have a special place in my heart. Turtles in time and TMNT can both go to Hell though.

Closed Thread