The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #601
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreen View Post
Are they going to have snouts on this film? whats the thing in their faces for?
Those things in the front of their faces are sensors/cameras and they capture the motion of the actors' faces.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 05-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #602
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Libesman(though many seem to forget he's involved in this movie), seems to have a good interest in creature design. Hoping for this sort of photography.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #603
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Do the guys playing the turtles have any kind of fight/martial arts training?

Old 05-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #604
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoblinScrier View Post
I remember reading early on that Krang, Dimension X, and the Technodrome would be in this...any indications that any of this will come to pass? ALWAYS wanted to see Krang in this for sure
Unknown. We've already seen some big changes so its unknown what characters besides the necessary made it through.
I hope Kraang is present, but theres no way of knowing right now.

I expect we'll hear more at SDCC.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 05-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #605
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Actually, I take it back. After having a better look at the Foot's masks I have to say I'm not liking them either.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #606
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashad View Post
Do the guys playing the turtles have any kind of fight/martial arts training?
I know the guy playing Raphael, Alan Ritchson, has fight/stunt training from his role on Smallville and he mentioned in an interview recently that they would undergo fight training for this.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 05-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #607
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Actually, I take it back. After having a better look at the Foot's masks I have to say I'm not liking them either.
The masks are a little silly. I like what they tried to do but the execution could've been better.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 05-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #608
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

They don't look like official military to me. It looks like they're just modernized, urban ninjas. It works for me.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #609
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I love the guy playing Donny, and I have high hopes for the other actors too from the footage I've seen. So curious to see how their personalities transfer to the vfx.

Anyone know whose doing the vfx? If it's ILM then the turtles are bound to look like davy jones vs the avengers aliens. Given the director I assume the cgi here will be similar to Wrath of the Titans, which was great imo.

looks like they are being taken captive
I believe WETA (who did the mocap cg for "Rise of the Planet of the Apes") will be doing the cgi.

However, considering Bay and Liebesman, it could ILM or WETA.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 05-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #610
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

The mo-cap suits are kinda cool with shells and stuff. I dig the armbands with the right color for each turtle so we can see who is who.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #611
1984TMNT

More pics: http :// www.comic bookmovie. com /fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=79234

Also, it just occured to me.....are they using those masks as a modern interpretation of a samurai mask? Something like this:

Seems like a plausible theory...."hmm, how can we make this foot clan look militaristic / modern with a nod toward ancient japan / ninjitsu? -Samurai mask!"

Old 05-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #612
Astro13Zombie
Exterminate

^Your link isn't working.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #613
DorneyDave
Side-Kick

Man, this movie could be really really awesome or really really terrible. The ceiling is very high but the floor is very low.

It's going to be interesting.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #614
Astro13Zombie
Exterminate

Was kinda hoping for a mix of practical and CGI for the costumes.
The mocap suits have me worried.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #615
1984TMNT

This site is preventing me from posting it correctly. Copy/paste and remove the extra spaces.
http :// www.comic bookmovie. com /fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=79234

Old 05-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #616
MrGreen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984TMNT View Post
This site is preventing me from posting it correctly. Copy/paste and remove the extra spaces.
http :// www.comic bookmovie. com /fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=79234
Idk why but anything cbm is prohibited in this site. Hope you don't get banned

EDIT: thanks for the pics tho!

"Use the source, Luke!"
Old 05-09-2013, 04:56 PM   #617
1984TMNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreen View Post
Idk why but anything cbm is prohibited in this site. Hope you don't get banned

EDIT: thanks for the pics tho!
I hope not too! I mean, it's completely relevant to the forums on this new movie, so.....

I've been turning pages on this site for yeaaaaaaaaaaaaars, making them money. Only started posting this week, so I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:56 PM   #618
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro13Zombie View Post
Was kinda hoping for a mix of practical and CGI for the costumes.
The mocap suits have me worried.
Agreed.

When the movie was announced a few years ago, they had announced plans to do mix of practical suits and cgi but i assume that the practical suits weren't as functional as they needed to be and/or the pure cg mocap turtles looked better and were easier to work with.

The practical suits in the original films were state of the art at the time but were difficult to work with. I can see why they'd decide not use practical suits again,

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 05-09-2013, 04:56 PM   #619
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
The masks are a little silly. I like what they tried to do but the execution could've been better.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The first look which wasn't too clear made them look more like the Immortals masks from 300 or modern Samurai helmet masks, but seeing them clearly it just looks more than a bit off to me. Now they just look like clear plastic masks that are really dirty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
They don't look like official military to me. It looks like they're just modernized, urban ninjas. It works for me.
Tactical vests, assault rifles, combats with kneepads and keffiyeh scarves points more to miltary or SWAT than urban ninja.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #620
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post

Tactical vests, assault rifles, combats with kneepads and keffiyeh scarves points more to miltary or SWAT than urban ninja.
very similar to what the Ninja's in BB had minus the masks

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 05-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #621
dark_b
Side-Kick

we need cgi leaks. NOW

Old 05-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #622
roach
I am the night

i doubt any cgi is finished now

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 05-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #623
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

If those guys are Foot ninjas, they look kinda boring to me.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 05-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #624
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
very similar to what the Ninja's in BB had minus the masks
Not really. There are significant differences in their looks. LoS still resembled ninjas. The Foot look more like swat/military with face masks on.

Old 05-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #625
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

So the obviously look kidnapped by soldiers of some kind

Still think at least 80-85% of the leaked script is still in use

And if so then this is going to suck hard

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Closed Thread