The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 04:10 AM   #976
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

shoot me now

Old 05-31-2013, 10:31 AM   #977
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra Cain View Post
Christ, what's with the hair?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Obviously this is after some sort of incident. Possibly some sort of big catharsis moment for the audience considering how much of an antagonistic presence this character is to our hero(s).

But that would be too obvious.
With the reputation this films producers have, I'm sure the first assumption would be that this is simply the character design of a news editor in this film

I personally think it's an intriguing casting. Goldberg has a nack for playing that authoritative scathing voice. She does it so effortlessly now on shows like Glee and other things.

....I'm just hope the first trailer doesn't take too long to get here, for the sake of fan speculation alone.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:38 AM   #978
Nathan

The casting for this Movie is just all over the place.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:53 AM   #979
CinematicESP
Side-Kick

There seems to be quite a bit of reverence to the 80's cartoon, with Fenwick, Irma (probably), and now a version of Burne Thompson. Whoopi Goldberg embodies that late 80's/early 90's period, so I feel like this casting fits well.

So if they're using the original cartoon as the primary source material, I'm really hoping Fichtner is playing Krang, and not Shredder. Or he'd make an even better Rat King.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:10 AM   #980
Marvin
Side-Kick

They might be saving the shredder for the sequel(ala joker).
With all this alien talk, it's a possibility. Fichtner would make a great Krang.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:32 AM   #981
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

if they do Krang, will he be the robot or the actual voice for Krang?

Old 05-31-2013, 11:36 AM   #982
CinematicESP
Side-Kick

I could see him being an apparently human villain at first (to give Fichtner something to do as himself for a while), ordering henchmen around and such, then he turns out to be Krang inside a cyborg body. That could be a cool reveal.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:37 PM   #983
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
The casting for this Movie is just all over the place.
No, I'm not surprised.

Old 05-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #984
scifiwolf
Side-Kick

I've really grown to dislike Whoopi, and that hair ain't helping. The only thing that seems to calm me down is thinking about the fighting scenes. Just watched some clips from The Raid: Redemption. I'm really hoping Jonathan Eusebio delivers on what we're being promised in terms of the action.

Old 05-31-2013, 03:18 PM   #985
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

I love Whoopi, but this honestly just feels like they're trying to capitalize on the race change of Perry White from Man of Steel, but going further with a gender change too similar to the now debunked feminized Jimmy Olsen.

And what is with that hair?

Old 05-31-2013, 04:14 PM   #986
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Never liked Whoopi and like her even less now. She's the least of this film's worries though.

I cannot wait for a trailer to this movie. I still think it's going to have a Transformers like tone but I want to see my suspicious confirmed.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:36 PM   #987
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
I love Whoopi, but this honestly just feels like they're trying to capitalize on the race change of Perry White from Man of Steel, but going further with a gender change too similar to the now debunked feminized Jimmy Olsen.

And what is with that hair?
um, gender/race changing has been around alot longer than MoS. I doubt they are "trying to capitalize" on this element considering it's not really all that big a deal over in the superman GA discussions.

Maybe they are just "capitalizing" on that Nick Fury, that seems to be a huge talking point over at the marvel camp
(Heimdall too, everyone's talking).

Old 05-31-2013, 04:39 PM   #988
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Never liked Whoopi and like her even less now. She's the least of this film's worries though.

I cannot wait for a trailer to this movie. I still think it's going to have a Transformers like tone but I want to see my suspicious confirmed.
You would.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:43 PM   #989
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
um, gender/race changing has been around alot longer than MoS. I doubt they are "trying to capitalize" on this element considering it's not really all that big a deal over in the superman GA discussions.

Maybe they are just "capitalizing" on that Nick Fury, that seems to be a huge talking point over at the marvel camp
(Heimdall too, everyone's talking).
Not really. The Nick Fury thing is old news, and honestly had very little of a case considering Fury had been black in a comic-verse for a decade prior to Jackson being cast.

Fishbourne as Perry White and what's her name as Jenny Olsen are a more current shift from iconic supporting characters as they were both clearly white men in all of their appearances.

Whoopi in this just seems a little bit like a combination of the two mentioned, even though its for such a minor character.
I'd put it in the same boat that Fox was cast simply because she was in Transformers, another movie based on an 80's cartoon as well as connection to Bay.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:41 PM   #990
DarkKnight88
Side-Kick

Is it me or couldn't Whoopi Goldberg also probably do a pretty accurate Krang voice. I mean, she warps her own a bit and it'd be spot-on. Maybe she'll do dual roles ala John Rhys-Davies (Gimli/Treebeard voice)

Old 06-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #991
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

If there's one thing that really has me cautiously optimistic for this film, it's that it's being written by the same guy who wrote the script for Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, Alias and a bunch of other great television shows.

5-.-2-.-14

Old 06-02-2013, 01:23 AM   #992
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Fitchner as The Rat King would be ****ing Amazing

He'll even Stockman

"I have had a dream all my life and it was not this good." -Joss Whedon
Old 06-02-2013, 03:28 AM   #993
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
You would.
Eh, I've grown out of this franchise but I find this project mildly intriguing because TMNT was such a huge part of my childhood, so much so that I watched the 2003 series. I'm not on these boards a lot for that reason. I'll leave the obsessive posting on the series to people who are still hardcore fans.

You seem to dig the Transformers series so I don't see why my guessing that the film is going to be like them offends you at all. And I'm only being a tad coy.

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 06-02-2013 at 03:32 AM.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:24 AM   #994
Thundarr
Side-Kick

I've been watching the 2003 TMNT series on You Tube over the past couple of weeks. I just finished watching Season 3. It occurs to me that if Michael Bay wants to have an Anglicized villain in his movie, instead of turning The Shredder into a crusty old white guy named General Shrader, why not just use the character Bishop from the 2003 series? He was a badass fighter, ruthless, and totally off his nut. Exactly what Bay wants General Shrader to be. Then they can introduce Oroku Saki/The Shredder as the villain in the sequel.

Just a thought.

Old 06-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #995
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by louiebling$ View Post
Fitchner as The Rat King would be ****ing Amazing

He'll even Stockman
Yes. Yes it would.

Let Shredder stay Asian.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #996
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra Cain View Post
Kevin Eastman shares his thoughts on the new movie and Michael Bay's involvement at the Phoenix ComicCon.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/05/29...ly-respectful/

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I'm not worried about Bay, I'm concerned about Jonathan Liebesman directing.

Last edited by Lunar_Wolf; 06-02-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #997
CinematicESP
Side-Kick

So according to the crew page for this movie on IMDb, there is a stunt double for Minae Noji, who has yet to be announced as part of the cast. The fact that she has a stunt double leads me to believe her character does some fighting.

Karai perhaps? That's assuming Shredder is involved and of Japanese descent.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #998
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

we're not even sure they can get shredder/schrader right and you're hoping for Karai

i do admire your optimism

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 06-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #999
venom892
Got Lucky

Karai is the first thing that pops to mind. Off the top of my head I can't think of any other female ass kickers in the franchise.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #1000
TheFirstAvenger
Marvel/Dc fan

Hopefully that means Shredder is Japanese.

Closed Thread