The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #126
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
We can strike the if part
It's a never in a Michael Bay movie
Even though Michael Bay is only producing the movie, i still think he will be just be the "puppet-master" for Liebesman. I'm gunna treat this film as another property Bay can **** up for us as fans.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:39 AM   #127
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAQU4M4N View Post
Even though Michael Bay is only producing the movie, i still think he will be just be the "puppet-master" for Liebesman. I'm gunna treat this film as another property Bay can **** up for us as fans.
Yeah, he will definitely butcher it more than he already said he did

Fan of classic comics? Join here
- ran by great folks
Old 03-22-2013, 01:19 AM   #128
Wheels
HR Supporter

I doubt it will be worse than TMNT III, so at least there's that

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 03-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #129
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on

TMNT III is okayish, not road kill terrible
Bay's aliens is bound to be borderline stupid, all they need to do is let Donatello trip some wires and that will make the whole Technodrome go in explosion
And all of his movie will make no sense

- ran by great folks
Old 03-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #130
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

So..Our Raphael has been cast.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #131
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Bay's aliens is bound to be borderline stupid, all they need to do is let Donatello trip some wires and that will make the whole Technodrome go in explosion
Pretty much.

I'm still gonna hold out hope though.

I honestly think that Bay CAN make a good movie out of this.

In Bay's defense, we haven't see ANYTHING from the scripts written under his watch.

The horrid script that leaked online was commissioned by Paramount and Nickelodeon and then scrapped before Platinum Dunes even came on board.

Odds are, they retained some aspects of it, but most will probs be revised in favor of a more traditional version of the turtles.

They brought on the writers from Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol, which is a step in the right direction.

Jonathan Liebesman and Bay have can both direct cg oriented action. So as long as the new script is solid, the movie might be, at the very least, decent.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 03-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #132
dark_b
Side-Kick

a fashion model for a green humanoid turtle?

Old 03-22-2013, 01:06 PM   #133
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Pretty much.

I'm still gonna hold out hope though.

I honestly think that Bay CAN make a good movie out of this.

In Bay's defense, we haven't see ANYTHING from the scripts written under his watch.

The horrid script that leaked online was commissioned by Paramount and Nickelodeon and then scrapped before Platinum Dunes even came on board.
If he can learn from the writer of Batman Begins and improve his choice in script, I'd say yes, he can

Speaking for myself, I never saw or heard of that dreadful leaked script

- ran by great folks
Old 03-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #134
jacobed
Banned User

I'm sorry but you guys are ridiculous. Bay has absolutely nothing to do with this movie. Puppet master? Are you kidding me? He's a little busy with a movie I don't know if you've heard of it Transformers 4. He has no time for this, its just his production company producing.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #135
jacobed
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post

Since you're never going to see the actual guy, what does it matter.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #136
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
Bay has absolutely nothing to do with this movie.
The producer who opened his mouth about aliens and realism in Ninja Turtles world?
His production company involvement means he's involved

- ran by great folks

Last edited by Spider-Aziz; 03-22-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #137
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I was kinda expecting the casting to be like the Transformers film where outside of Cullen (due to his connection with the franchise), they wouldn't really announce who voiced who. Though, I guess since the turtles are a smaller group, they'll cast more "known" people and make it more known.

I wonder how they'll market it. Will they announce the voice actors in the trailers/TV spots or just let the turtle sell themselves?

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 03-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #138
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Since you're never going to see the actual guy, what does it matter.
no s...

then cast a cheap good actor with experience.

enough is enough.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #139
spidergeek232
I'm Not A Loser

It's suppose to be like Avatar motion capture, says Deadline, so some of you can chill with the whole seeing a fashion model as a Turtle. I would see Alan as Leo, but I guess Raph is fine. As long as its done right.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #140
Mr.?
Side-Kick

Every piece of news that comes out for this confirms my suspicions that this movie will be dog****.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #141
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:

He's a model. So what.

He's an actor as well a pretty good one from what I've seen him in.

I would've, like others, chosen him for Mikey but I think he will make a solid Raphael.

Quote:
no s...

then cast a cheap good actor with experience.

enough is enough.
He has years of experience. Obviously, he's not a name actor but I feel he can do a good job, if given a chance, which, you obviously aren't giving.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 03-22-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #142
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Here's Ritchson voicing Aquaman.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 03-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #143
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

It doesn't really matter how the dude looks. He will be wearing a body suit with tiny balls attached to it.

He will be covered by a giant green CGI turtle.

The only thing that matters is his voice over work and body language. Of course mocap acting is real acting and is important (Andy Serkis is a boss) but the actual looks of the actors don't matter one bit.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #144
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Another thing his casting shows is how old the turtles are likely to be. I doubt they'll have Ritchson changing his voice to sound younger.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:21 PM   #145
SpitCurl
Side-Kick

I dunno, it's kinda hard not to second-guess everything they're doing here based on their track-record (I'm speaking of Platinum Dunes). If the guy is really doing the mo-cap as Deadline reports, I suppose you'd have to wonder why you wouldn't obviously go with someone with the build/mannerisms of a martial-artists already, unless this guy is a martial-artist, in which guess, good job, Platinum Dunes.

Otherwise, they'll probably have to hire another actor to perform the stunts -- unless they're just going to key-frame those, which I can't imagine -- which seems like an unnecessary extra-expense and also sort of redudant, but eh, maybe this guy blew 'em away with his audition.

All that being said, I wish they'd figured out a way to mesh the suits with CG ala "Where the Wild Things Are", as I just don't see Platinum Dunes shelling out the dough to genuinely make these turtles feel completely real (metal robots are far different than humanoid creatures, whether said creatures actually exist or not). I'd rather deal with the limitations of a real, practical animatronic suit that I know is in the shot versus a Yoda-style monstrosity that just flips all over the place like it has no real weight or physics behind it.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:24 PM   #146
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
I'm sorry but you guys are ridiculous. Bay has absolutely nothing to do with this movie. Puppet master? Are you kidding me? He's a little busy with a movie I don't know if you've heard of it Transformers 4. He has no time for this, its just his production company producing.
He's been more vocal about this film than the actual director. So I'm sure he's involved. You can feel it.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:47 AM   #147
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
So in the same breath you defend NT3 yet go on to bash the hell out of a film you only have speculation about? Yes, this is going to be a fun thread.

"Bay's aliens as you put them, include Otimus and Megatr...oh yea, those silly incarnations were part of a film he directed and Spielberg produced.

The last film he produced of this nature was that forgettable I am #4 and I don't recall silly aliens, it all seemed pretty on the level to me, but well you know, Bay didn't actually direct that one so he didn't get to mess with it...this one is a different story all together...

If "Bay" the devil ends up ruining your childhood with this one, you can always just blot it out of your mind as I'm guess you did for most of the live action ninja turtles cannon.

oh no, explosions, it's not like we didn't see those before, you know, like at the ends of all the biggest movies last year and probably this year too.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:28 AM   #148
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
So in the same breath you defend NT3 yet go on to bash the hell out of a film you only have speculation about? Yes, this is going to be a fun thread.
What? It's Bay's signature in movies

Quote:
"Bay's aliens as you put them, include Otimus and Megatr...oh yea, those silly incarnations were part of a film he directed and Spielberg produced.
Transformers are aliens, the four Turtles are Earth turtles mutated by alien ooz
First TF film is just as bad as the sequels

Quote:
The last film he produced of this nature was that forgettable I am #4 and I don't recall silly aliens, it all seemed pretty on the level to me, but well you know, Bay didn't actually direct that one so he didn't get to mess with it...this one is a different story all together...
Oh well, then I might give this one some hope
So Alien turtles idea is scrapped?

Quote:
If "Bay" the devil ends up ruining your childhood with this one, you can always just blot it out of your mind as I'm guess you did for most of the live action ninja turtles cannon.
Blot what? I love the first movie, really like the second, don't hate the third

Quote:
oh no, explosions, it's not like we didn't see those before, you know, like at the ends of all the biggest movies last year and probably this year too.
Watched a few Bay movies setting up for this, and the explosions in them happen to fast, and for...reasons not making explosions
In Armageddon, the explosion of the space station was forced and pointless, and done in a real bad way
The Rock: Bus slowly hits a car, all these explosions

Not against explosions in some movies, just not of his kind

- ran by great folks
Old 03-23-2013, 06:48 AM   #149
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
It doesn't really matter how the dude looks. He will be wearing a body suit with tiny balls attached to it.

He will be covered by a giant green CGI turtle.

The only thing that matters is his voice over work and body language. Of course mocap acting is real acting and is important (Andy Serkis is a boss) but the actual looks of the actors don't matter one bit.
thats why i am angry. find a cheap actor who knows how to act. why cast a model for a turtle?

Old 03-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #150
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
thats why i am angry. find a cheap actor who knows how to act. why cast a model for a turtle?
I've never seen him act so I have no idea how good or bad he is.

And a lot of actors did some modeling before they became actors. The 22 year old Oscar winning actress in your avatar did some modeling.

I'm not going to dismiss him because he was a model, I only dismiss actors who are bad or mediocre at acting.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Closed Thread