The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 06:44 AM   #276
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm very very confident about this film and that includes Cavill.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:44 AM   #277
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Here's to hoping that we start getting a influx of things starting next week since the MOS FB page said that Warner Bros. will kick off their promotion during March.
I'd hope so. When we hit the 100 day countdown (which I will be making a thread for btw, in the same vein as previous franchises countdown threads), we should be hitting marketing stride.

Last edited by hopefuldreamer; 02-26-2013 at 06:48 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:47 AM   #278
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Aside from Henry's acting skills, I really do hope that the characterization of his Clark and Superman are received well from this film.

I remember reading on how a lot of people thought that both Richard White and even Jimmy Olsen came off as being much more likable people in SR than Brandon's Superman when it came to both characterization and even their acting skills.

The main goal is after all to get people to like and root for Henry's character.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:51 AM   #279
bapi
Side-Kick

Is it true that runtime should be around 148 minutes? Thanks

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 02-26-2013, 08:05 AM   #280
Naite22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
Is it true that runtime should be around 148 minutes? Thanks
According to imdb.com, Yes... There's been early screenings for family and friends of cast and crew, and also WB executives and stuff. So it's not unlikely that word had gone out on the running time. But still it hasn't exactly been confirmed yet.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:28 AM   #281
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Can't believe that someone actually posted a manip in the "Official Photos/No Discussion" thread.lol

And here I was excited that we may have gotten a new photo. Grrrrrr...
Yeah. I was going to mention that it was in the wrong thread. But that would be a discussion. And there's NO DISCUSSION! allowed.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #282
Coca Cola Duracell Franklin.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
We haven't heard him say even a single line of dialogue yet. (narration and voice -over in trailer does not count.)
"I have so many questions. Where do I come from?"

Old 02-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #283
JimJimBinks
A friend

"My father believed stuff. What do you think?"

Old 02-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #284
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

^ A voice-over and a one second dialogue where we barely notice his lips moving.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #285
robmx522
Banned User

so only 1 more week till some news? didn't someone say when march rolls in the news would start coming out? ...they should wait till april march is kinda early

Old 02-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #286
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

So, how much competition these movies can give ?

After Earth, Monsters University,World War Z, Kick-A ss

and how much promotion they are doing ?

Old 02-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #287
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

After Earth probably zero competition. The others I'm not certain about, but I dont think it's serious competition. And I havent seen much memorable stuff from any of them really.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #288
GreenKToo
In the fire

Its not early. just look at amazing spider-man two. its a ways off and they're hitting it hard already.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #289
mohoo
Side-Kick

Although an "average" and "replaceable" performance doesn't go against success in movie business (see: highest grossing films), and although I'm sure the general audience will love MoS anyway, but damn it!. After all these decades of waiting Avengers level isn't good enough. Jenny Olsen better get an Oscar nomination, let alone Superman

Last edited by mohoo; 02-26-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #290
Liam_H
Side-Kick

One should never count out Monsters University or any animated movie.

Spill

Old 02-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #291
Project862006
Banned User

^exactly MU looks solid imo and they have solid promotion already

original Monsters inc made good bank at BO

Old 02-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #292
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Yes, but that was long ago. While probably still very popular, I'm not sure it's a downright threat to MOS.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #293
JimJimBinks
A friend

Old 02-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #294
GreenKToo
In the fire

If my memory serves right, Spidey 3, potc 3, and shrek 3 all competed with each other, and all did well. IF mos is good it will do fine, if its not it won't.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #295
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Ya if its good people will see it. If it sucks its in trouble . I doubt it'll be the latter.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #296
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Yes, but that was long ago. While probably still very popular, I'm not sure it's a downright threat to MOS.

It's not. MoS will probably have a larger reach than Monster's University.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #297
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJimBinks View Post
Gota agree here. Monsters University isn't just a prequel to a 10 year old film, its the next film from a studio which people knows garuntees quality time and time again.
But if MoS gets the good reviews, with this being summer time, I see audiences realising what a good summer for films it is, and going out to see both. If MoS is good enough to stand on its own, then reviews and word of mouth will bring in a great amount, regardless of Monsters Uni.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #298
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Pixar is BIG, yes, and I enjoyed the first Monsters Inc, but the market has been overflowing with these movies for years. And I'm not sure if the more people will go see it just because it's Pixar. But I dunno either.
Maybe it's more about the target-audience, which I imagine is kids and their parents. Dunno how many other would actually go see this in the theater, I mean compared to something like MOS which aims wider.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #299
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Is this real?

Old 02-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #300
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

or is this a dream? My guess is it's fanmade as we've seen all those pieces.