The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #326
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I don't give two ****s about monsters university
Same but it's still going to make a lot of cash. I'm tired of the Pixar follow up's and Brave was only decent. I can't argue with the business side of the sequel's because it's easy money for them. And this is coming from someone who loved Monsters Inc when I saw it more than a decade ago.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #327
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
I did about the first one, or rather liked it really well. This one not so much. Looks like more of the same to me, but the GA will probably lap it up.
I watched the first one...thought it was cool, don't care for anymore though. Worrying about which movie does better is a waste of time and will only stress you out. The movies will do as they do...the best thing we can do to make sure Man of Steel does well, if it doesn't suck anyway, is to go see it multiple times and drag our friends and family with us...

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #328
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
YEAH! You're such an ass for having a beautiful wife and baby! Who wants that when you can watch MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVIES?!?!!?!
Well when you put it that way I feel like an ass for wanting to go to the movies more often!

I just finally tried to watch Prometheus last night. It turned into 20 minutes of Prometheus followed by 22 minutes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse then another 10 minutes of Prometheus and then I went to bed.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #329
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
I did about the first one, or rather liked it really well. This one not so much. Looks like more of the same to me, but the GA will probably lap it up.
The Ga loves eating up regurgitated material. One of the reasons why the majority of Hollywood films are **** these days. But that's a whole other conversation.

Anyway Mu will do well at the BO.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #330
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJimBinks View Post
I just finally tried to watch Prometheus last night. It turned into 20 minutes of Prometheus followed by 22 minutes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse then another 10 minutes of Prometheus and then I went to bed.
I'm sorry. I really am.

BS pile of vile stinkadorous crap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
The Ga loves eating up regurgitated material. One of the reasons why the majority of Hollywood films are **** these days. But that's a whole other conversation.

It is. And it is.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:18 PM   #331
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post

Anyway Mu will do well at the BO.
So they'll love Superman? Man of Steel isn't reinventing the wheel.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:18 PM   #332
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

People need to stop underestimating Monsters University.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #333
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Well when you put it that way I feel like an ass for wanting to go to the movies more often!

One of the worst pieces of crap I've ever watched.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #334
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Oh come on... Mickey Mouse Clubhouse isn't that bad.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #335
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
No, it's reinventing the steel.

But seriously, MOS still sounds and looks a LOT better than most of anything coming out of tinseltown these days, even when talking CBMs.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #336
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
They will. Man of Steel isn't trying to be a big new type of superhero film. Man of Steel is just Nolan and Snyder trying to take an established character, put him in new settings, and make a pretty good film at the end of the day. I'm fine with that. And I'm not saying that Man of Steel is an attempt at a new type of Superhero film. If anything, Mos is taking a few tips from Nolan's TDK trilogy.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #337
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
People need to stop underestimating Monsters University.
Some Man of Steel fanboys delusionally think that every movie is going to bomb except Man of Steel. I try to ignore them but it never seems to work.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 02-26-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #338
AZ'sWarmRage
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Welcome to the Hype!

Great post, I totally agree. It's a bit hard to think that Cavill was on WB's radar to play Supes since Returns yet apparently he "sucks" or is "the weak link" in the film, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Thanks amigos. Yeah I agree we have to wait and see, but IMO the wait and hype (no forum-pun intended) will be worth it.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #339
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Cs Funny Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ'sWarmRage View Post
Hey guys, long time forum reader. Hope we get the MOS promotion kickstart in March

I recently spent a considerable amount of time laughing my butt off at the 'professional' critics of Cavill and his 'lacking performance' in MOS...despite them saying that everyone loved the film at the screening. So either everyone loved it and easily accepted that he was replaceable, or it just sucked. Which both sound like nonsense considering the grand preparation that has gone into this! The movie will certainly not be entirely carried by Cavill's performance because of the nature of the cast, but I am confident that he will bring the screen presence, visual strength and charisma to the role (even if people still can't take away the beloved image of CR as Supes). That in my opinion makes the screening rumor a bogus one.

Another thing I'm super pumped about is Snyder's straight-out-of-the-comic books style for movie scenes. Expect to see classic storyboards brought to life (I'm thinking of that All-Star Superman Jor-El speech thrown into the narration for the teaser), and epically cool action sequences in a realistic contemporary setting with the shooting they've done. (Cavill's own words).

Also I'm not sure if it's been brought up, but this looks like the kinda action I'm thinking about:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BJ1-trrgqc (especially 1:29-1:33!)
I'm pretty sure his fight with Zod will be on this scale, I mean at 2:52 Captain Marvel throws him into a bank safe, just like in the Man of Steel... Can't wait

Old 02-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #340
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Some Man of Steel fanboys delusionally think that every movie is going to bomb except Man of Steel. I try to ignore them but it never seems to work.
Ha ha I do think if Man of Steel has a great opening and it gets good word of mouth it will sustain even with competition. But competition can be harsh, I think when MU comes out ill be a little worried as it could take a slice out of MOS box office takings but we shall see.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #341
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
One of the worst pieces of crap I've ever watched.

Quote:
I'm sorry. I really am.

BS pile of vile stinkadorous crap!

[/B]
It is. And it is.

Wait a second, are we talking about Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or Prometheus?

Old 02-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #342
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Wait a second, are we talking about Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or Prometheus?
Prometheus

Btw

elmayimbe‏@elmayimbe[/COLOR][/U]
I can't wait though till y'all see this. I'm excited to share it with you guys. It's INSANELY cool.

elmayimbe‏@elmayimbe
FABULOUS FANGIRL NATION! Y'all ladies will dig my next scoop as well.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #343
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Keep your eyes on elmayimbe's Twitter feed. He's getting ready to drop some DC movie news very soon. Not sure if it's MOS related (doubt it), but I bet it involves Superman and Batman. Hopefully it's the rumored World's Finest rumor that's been floating around.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 02-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #344
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Prometheus

Btw

elmayimbe‏@elmayimbe[/COLOR][/U]
I can't wait though till y'all see this. I'm excited to share it with you guys. It's INSANELY cool.

elmayimbe‏@elmayimbe
Great minds.....

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 02-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #345
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard

So El Mayimbe has hinted that his next scoop is JL related. Then he made reference to World's Finest. His latest tweets are:

Quote:
DC FANBOY NATION! I'm on standby per source request. Email & story ready to go. Once source & their legal give blessing BOOM. We drop.
Quote:
Quote:
Hmm. The last tweet got me thinking maybe...just maybe it has something to do with Wonder Woman. Could easily be just male casting but what if it's now Trinity instead of just World's Finest?

CBM: BatLantern28
Twitter: Illusive_Man_1
XBL: DarkKnight FTW
Old 02-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #346
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Woo ! I love news lol.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #347
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Great minds.....
I'm well excited

Old 02-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #348
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Let me guess his "scoop"...

elmayimbe: Movie involving Superman is still happening!!

Old 02-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #349
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Let me guess his "scoop"...

elmayimbe: Movie involving Superman is still happening!!
Ha ha maybe the red underwear is coming back in JL it'l be a gift from Batman

Old 02-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #350
JimJimBinks
A friend

I hate the way he tries to build up hype for his scoops. It feels like an old timey circus promoter.

Closed Thread