The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #351
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ahh why not? Might aswell have some fun with it

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #352
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I've seen this many times during the months leading up to TDKR to where they said they have a scoop but it turns out to be false rumors or something we already know. If it's something big then it's going to show up unaware without this twitter hype.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #353
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Well so far we know that Channing Tatum and Ryan Gosling are NOT going to be Bruce Wayne/Batman.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 02-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #354
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
No, it's reinventing the steel.

But seriously, MOS still sounds and looks a LOT better than most of anything coming out of tinseltown these days, even when talking CBMs.
I am sure it will be good, it looks good, but it's still rehashing material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
They will. Man of Steel isn't trying to be a big new type of superhero film. Man of Steel is just Nolan and Snyder trying to take an established character, put him in new settings, and make a pretty good film at the end of the day. I'm fine with that. And I'm not saying that Man of Steel is an attempt at a new type of Superhero film. If anything, Mos is taking a few tips from Nolan's TDK trilogy.
Well you said the general public eats up regurgitated material referring to a prequel. This is in all essence a remake of STM & Superman 2. There's nothing wrong with that, but you can't really knock Monsters University without having the same thoughts on MOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
People need to stop underestimating Monsters University.
I agree.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #355
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Some Man of Steel fanboys delusionally think that every movie is going to bomb except Man of Steel. I try to ignore them but it never seems to work.
I think Man of Steel is in a bit more of a precarious position than the other films. My quick analysis of the films in close proximity to MOS:

Iron Man 2 was a major misfire, in my opinion. But it made a ton of money, and coming off of the Avengers, IM3 is assured a huge profit... even if for some reason IM3 ends up not matching up to its predecessors. It has a built-in audience.

Monsters University also has a built in audience. The original Monster's Inc. is one of the most beloved Pixar films. I have younger siblings, and I can assure you that they and all their friends are anxiously anticipating the new movie. (As am I!)

Star Trek into Darkness also has a built in audience. The first Star Trek movie was hugely popular with the GA, even if some Trekkies weren't as enthusiastic. It'll be a hit for sure.

After Earth is in a precarious place. I think it is flying under most people's radar. And, as much as I actually like Shyamalan, his involvement is a turn-off for some people. Potential flop in my view.

MOS has the advantage of having Superman as the title character, who is a legend among Superheroes. Maybe he has lost some popularity over the years but that's still a potential draw. A few action-packed trailers with Christopher Nolan's name plastered on them will do a lot to draw in the GA. But MOS needs to pick up on marketing and not take its success for granted. And it also needs to deliver as bad word of mouth will make MOS go the way of Green Lantern very quickly.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #356
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJimBinks View Post
I hate the way he tries to build up hype for his scoops. It feels like an old timey circus promoter.
I have no problem with those guys, they were pretty cool to me when I was with IESB, but just write the article.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #357
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I am sure it will be good, it looks good, but it's still rehashing material.

Well you said the general public eats up regurgitated material referring to a prequel. This is in all essence a remake of STM & Superman 2. There's nothing wrong with that, but you can't really knock Monsters University without having the same thoughts on MOS.

I agree.
I'm not knocking on Monsters university though. Im simply saying MU is not that fresh of a film idea. It's going to do fine at the BO. And MOS being a remake of STM and Superman 2 is something I don't agree with. Yes elements are taken from both, but a remake ? Nah.
Neither are big fresh ideas.
But MOS has the potential to have some unique and new ideas inserted throughout the film.

Last edited by ConnorKon-El; 02-26-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #358
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
MOS has the advantage of having Superman as the title character, who is a legend among Superheroes. Maybe he has lost some popularity over the years but that's still a potential draw. A few action-packed trailers with Christopher Nolan's name plastered on them will do a lot to draw in the GA. But MOS needs to pick up on marketing and not take its success for granted. And it also needs to deliver as bad word of mouth will make MOS go the way of Green Lantern very quickly.
I understand what you're saying about Superman being a legend, and that being a potential draw.. I felt the same way before Superman Returns, and I think WB did too, which is why the marketing was SUCH CRAP. If WB makes that mistake again, and they haven't done anything to make me feel they AREN'T going to make that mistake, then this movie will not do well.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #359
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
I agree.
Yeah I mean as people have said Monsters Inc was very popular and you van never to too sure with an animated film. I will be seeing it myself aswell as Man of Steel.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #360
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
I have no problem with those guys, they were pretty cool to me when I was with IESB, but just write the article.
I actually like Latino Review quite a bit. They all seem like good guys, but elmayimbe has spent so much time and energy trying to build up hype for his scoops lately, and he's been so defensive (As in his one way twitter fight with poni_boy) that it feels like he's trying a little too hard to become another Harry Knowles, or like he has something to prove. Which he doesn't.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #361
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJimBinks View Post
I actually like Latino Review quite a bit. They all seem like good guys, but elmayimbe has spent so much time and energy trying to build up hype for his scoops lately, and he's been so defensive (As in his one way twitter fight with poni_boy) that it feels like he's trying a little too hard to become another Harry Knowles, or like he has something to prove. Which he doesn't.
Thus is the age we live in unfortunately.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #362
i_Cam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ'sWarmRage View Post
Hey guys, long time forum reader. Hope we get the MOS promotion kickstart in March

I recently spent a considerable amount of time laughing my butt off at the 'professional' critics of Cavill and his 'lacking performance' in MOS...despite them saying that everyone loved the film at the screening. So either everyone loved it and easily accepted that he was replaceable, or it just sucked. Which both sound like nonsense considering the grand preparation that has gone into this! The movie will certainly not be entirely carried by Cavill's performance because of the nature of the cast, but I am confident that he will bring the screen presence, visual strength and charisma to the role (even if people still can't take away the beloved image of CR as Supes). That in my opinion makes the screening rumor a bogus one.

Another thing I'm super pumped about is Snyder's straight-out-of-the-comic books style for movie scenes. Expect to see classic storyboards brought to life (I'm thinking of that All-Star Superman Jor-El speech thrown into the narration for the teaser), and epically cool action sequences in a realistic contemporary setting with the shooting they've done. (Cavill's own words).

Also I'm not sure if it's been brought up, but this looks like the kinda action I'm thinking about:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BJ1-trrgqc (especially 1:29-1:33!)
It's probably nothing, but at 2:48 in it looks exactly like the trailer (or teaser?) where Superman gets knocked into the bank safe. Am I imagining this? Lol. Rushing leaving work no time to compare but it looks very familiar.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #363
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_Cam View Post
It's probably nothing, but at 2:48 in it looks exactly like the trailer (or teaser?) where Superman gets knocked into the bank safe. Am I imagining this? Lol. Rushing leaving work no time to compare but it looks very familiar.
Holy cow, it does! It even looks like the same type of door! That's too awesome. Good eye!

Old 02-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #364
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Holy cow, it does! It even looks like the same type of door! That's too awesome. Good eye!
It would be awesome if MOS took some cues from that Captain Marvel / Supes fight.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #365
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I'm not knocking on Monsters university though. Im simply saying MU is not that fresh of a film idea. It's going to do fine at the BO. And MOS being a remake of STM and Superman 2 is something I don't agree with. Yes elements are taken from both, but a remake ? Nah.
Neither are big fresh ideas.
But MOS has the potential to have some unique and new ideas inserted throughout the film.
That was the crux of my debate. It's not a fresh film idea, and neither is MOS.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #366
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
It would be awesome if MOS took some cues from that Captain Marvel / Supes fight.
Hell yeah it would that's definitely the best fight of the entire DCAU

Old 02-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #367
fanboiii
disciple of truth

FANCHILD NATION! My scoop is going to be extreme to the maX!

FANSENIOR NATION! Be prepared to get knocked off your rocker!

Old 02-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #368
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post

"To the Max" LOL

Old 02-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #369
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
That was the crux of my debate. It's not a fresh film idea, and neither is MOS.
I agree with you. I just think there will be more of a possibility to have some new ideas and concepts sprinkled throughout MOS.
I'm laughing at some people on here saying Monsters University is going to flop. It's going to do fine at the Box Office.
I really wish MOS had a better release date. But even if it's moved to July, there will still be competition.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #370
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm not sure about what Latino Review is scooping but there is some big rumors floating around about Justice League

Old 02-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #371
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_Cam View Post
Holy crap, you are absolutely right. Anyone done an Animated DCU overcut/mash-up of MOS' Trailer #2 yet? This needs to be in one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post

...Eh?

Old 02-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #372
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
I'm not sure about what Latino Review is scooping but there is some big rumors floating around about Justice League
Like?

Old 02-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #373
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Like?
Like how Batman won't be played by an actor. Batman will be a CGI creation

Old 02-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #374
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
I'm betting it is Justice League related. The problem is, at least up until this point WB does not know how to stick to a strategy. If one part of the plan doesn't go exactly how they like they panic and start over. So while I have no doubt they have a plan for Justice League right now, I have doubts they'll stick with it.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #375
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Like how Batman won't be played by an actor. Batman will be a CGI creation
Give the CGI actor Kevin Connroy's voice and I am okay with this!

Closed Thread