The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #151
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight FTW View Post
He hinted at the fact that it's not about JUSTICE LEAGUE but WORLD'S FINEST
That's not what he hinted at. He hinted at the actors playing Superman and Batman presenting at the Oscars in the near future. Just them, and not the other actors that will be playing the other members in the League.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #152
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Pretty sure he was insinuating that they are developing a Worlds Finest film.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #153
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Pretty sure he was insinuating that they are developing a Worlds Finest film.

I truly don't think so.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:55 PM   #154
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I truly don't think so.
Well wether it's insinuated or not
I would rather have a Worlds Finest movie before A JLA film.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:58 PM   #155
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Well wether it's insinuated or not
I would rather have a Worlds Finest movie before A JLA film.
Eh, I can't wait for JL. It just seems like people saw "World's Finest" in Mayimbe's post and got overly excited just because they'd rather have that before JL.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:59 PM   #156
Wheels
HR Supporter

Hooray I guess.

Gee thanks for bombing, Green Lantern.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 02-24-2013, 11:04 PM   #157
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Some of you will be upset when you find that JL's still on track to be released. Currently, it stands more of a chance of happening than a WF film.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:07 PM   #158
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Don't give a ****. Gimme some movie.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:11 PM   #159
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Don't give a ****. Gimme some movie.
Lmao. Basically

Old 02-24-2013, 11:25 PM   #160
Wheels
HR Supporter

I guess I'm fine with the idea of Worlds Finest as it will introduce the new Batman and establish him before Justice League, Then you use Justice League as a launching pad for solo movies featuring other characters. Solo movies are what I care about most, so if these films must lay the foundation for that, then so be it.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 02-24-2013, 11:29 PM   #161
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard

They have no script, no director, no actors, and 2 years to get all of that plus filming. How long has it been for MOS since it was announced? They are not on track.

CBM: BatLantern28
Twitter: Illusive_Man_1
XBL: DarkKnight FTW
Old 02-24-2013, 11:32 PM   #162
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
They have no script, no director, no actors, and 2 years to get all of that plus filming. How long has it been for MOS since it was announced? They are not on track.
Well said sir, to the best of our knowledge though

Old 02-24-2013, 11:33 PM   #163
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
I truly don't think so.
"or should I say World's Finest Trust me on this"

World's Finest is suppose to be the scoop. Actors presenting at the Oscars isn't anything to write home about.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:37 PM   #164
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
"or should I say World's Finest Trust me on this"

World's Finest is suppose to be the scoop. Actors presenting at the Oscars isn't anything to write home about.
The first part of the quote was:

Quote:
THE JUSTICE LEAGUE WILL ONE DAY SOON PRESENT AT THE OSCARS
He's saying that the actors playing Superman and Batman will present at the Oscars in the near future(they have two people present each award), while the rest of the League probably won't be on the stage. Also, them presenting at the Oscars is probably wishful thinking on his part since on another tweet he mentions that the SW folks will one day present the technical awards.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 02-24-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:39 PM   #165
geetard
The Amazon Smile

A Bats/Supes World's Finest movie? Eh I wouldn't mind that.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:39 PM   #166
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
From what you're hearing. We have no idea how things are going at WB. Everything has been aiming for a JL release, we've heard nothing recent that hints at a World's Finest movie before JL, while on the other hand, we keep hearing news about JL.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:42 PM   #167
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
The first part of the quote was:

He's saying that the actors playing Superman and Batman will present at the Oscars in the near future(they have two people present each award), while the rest of the League probably won't be on the stage.
Did you watch the Oscars? The Avengers cast presented. Not just 2 guys.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:44 PM   #168
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Did you watch the Oscars? The Avengers cast presented. Not just 2 guys.
No I did not see that part, did the entire Avengers cast present one award? Also, what makes you think WB would do the same approach? Like I mentioned in the post I edited, I said that the Oscar thing is probably wishful thinking on Mayimbe's part, since he also talks about the SW people presenting technical awards in the future as well.

So we have no way of knowing(right now) if they will just have the actors playing Superman and Batman present awards or if they'll have the entire JL.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:48 PM   #169
fanboiii
disciple of truth

I don't see how he can know who's presenting. They don't plan that far ahead.

Sounds more like he's dropping World's Finest as a movie title, which fans know is Superman/Batman hence the wink. Anyway, I'm not going to get carried away with what he tweeted.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:50 PM   #170
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
I don't see how he can know who's presenting. They don't plan that far ahead.

Sounds more like he's dropping World's Finest as a movie title.
That's what I said. I said that it's probably wishful thinking on his part.

And before you say he's dropping that as a movie title, let's not forget that he clearly mentions JL in the same tweet before that.

But about my earlier question, did the entire cast of The Avengers present a single award at the Oscars?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:53 PM   #171
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:

And before you say he's dropping that as a movie title, let's not forget that he clearly mentions JL in the same tweet before that.

But about my earlier question, did the entire cast of The Avengers present a single award at the Oscars?
Yes,
Robert, Chris, Mark, Samuel, and Jeremy

Old 02-24-2013, 11:54 PM   #172
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:

He mentions JL as a movie title then corrects it as World's Finest.

RDJ, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, and Samuel Jackson presented for Visual Effects. Yes, a single award.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:56 PM   #173
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
They have been working on Batman-Superman since Summer 2011.
First Lois's ring now a World's Finest pic may finally be coming. Awesome.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:57 PM   #174
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
He mentions JL as a movie title then corrects it as World's Finest.

RDJ, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, and Samuel Jackson presented for Visual Effects. Yes, a single award.

He doesn't correct it, he just adds in World's Finest after that. If it were a correction then he would have just deleted the tweet and kept World's Finest.

You're right about that, just found it on Youtube. Too bad I can't understand it.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:00 AM   #175
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
He doesn't correct it, he just adds in World's Finest after that. If it were a correction then he would have just deleted the tweet and kept World's Finest.
You're not understanding his grammar. He was trying to be slick.

"OR SHOULD I SAY" is a correction

Last edited by fanboiii; 02-25-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Closed Thread