The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 07:22 AM   #201
GreenKToo
In the fire

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
They have been working on Batman-Superman since Summer 2011.
Awesome. I, and alot of others, have been screaming for this to be made first instead of JL, for like forever...........
I want a JL film, but I want it made and set up right.

Last edited by GreenKToo; 02-25-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #202
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

TBH; prior to the Avengers having been released in theaters, I think people would have been more interested in the idea of seeing Superman and Batman on film together than the 6 heroes that were in "The Avengers", especially since most of them weren't really well known by the general audience.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #203
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

I love how Marvel was out in full force, pimping their projects on stage at the Oscars.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #204
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

People keep wondering how WB/DC can set themselves apart from the Avengers, and in my humble opinion, World's Finest is SO the answer. It does so many things in one swipe. By putting the 2 most famous superheroes in the world together, you're instantly matching (or at least approaching) the appeal of a Marvel team-up, and it's not necessarily a rip off of the team-up concept, because it's a pairing, which is different enough. And it's got the contraposition of light and dark going for it thematically, which the Avengers didn't.

It does pose the same complications for a Batman solo franchise that JL did, though. And if it is their version of a MOS sequel, in the sense that it uses characters that MOS2 had to use first (Luthor), then they've lost me. But it beats a copycat effort to make JL any day.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 02-25-2013, 10:30 AM   #205
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

I think it is a no-brainer. Focus on your two biggest most successful characters and run with it.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:32 AM   #206
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
Awesome. I, and alot of others, have been screaming for this to be made first instead of JL, for like forever...........
I want a JL film, but I want it made and set up right.
I think Worlds Finest is the best way to go, they should have already made it.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #207
Project862006
Banned User

had returns been a big hit i am sure they would have

Old 02-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #208
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Agree with Showtime, WORDS FINEST is sooo the way to go. It wouldn't be as hard to pull off and work on like a JLA film, plus it gives WB more time to work on the JLA script ect

Old 02-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #209
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Agree with Showtime, WORDS FINEST is sooo the way to go. It wouldn't be as hard to pull off and work on like a JLA film, plus it gives WB more time to work on the JLA script ect
Worlds Finest leading into JLA. Batman investigating Superman would make sense. The rest of the world is investigating him.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #210
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Something like that would make sense yes, and be downright cool. A Superman and Batman team-up is more than enough, and should definitely come before JL.

How did Marvel infest the Oscars?

Old 02-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #211
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Something like that would make sense yes, and be downright cool. A Superman and Batman team-up is more than enough, and should definitely come before JL.

How did Marvel infest the Oscars?
I hope they are actually working on that still rather than pushing JLA just to compete with Marvel. You can't compete with Marvel at this point, so do something else.

They presented at the Oscars on stage. Not only did Avengers make an appearance. So did two versions of Captain Kirk.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #212
kalelinri
Side-Kick

Quote:
I hope they are actually working on that still rather than pushing JLA just to compete with Marvel. You can't compete with Marvel at this point, so do something else.

They presented at the Oscars on stage. Not only did Avengers make an appearance. So did two versions of Captain Kirk.
Easy to note that Marvel is now owned by disney who just so happens to own ABC.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #213
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:

DC really should acknowledge this and move on. They had their own good thing going with TDK-trilogy. Now all they have to do is repeat it with MOS. Easy as cake.

I hate the Oscars.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #214
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Marvel had to tie-in their origin/introductory movies to Avengers and some of its stories suffered because of it.

WB/DC could flesh out their story lines better and have a slower build up to Justice League. They could have a more natural progression if they do decide to go with World's Finest.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #215
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalelinri View Post
Easy to note that Marvel is now owned by disney who just so happens to own ABC.
They did a great job taking advantage of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
DC really should acknowledge this and move on. They had their own good thing going with TDK-trilogy. Now all they have to do is repeat it with MOS. Easy as cake.

I hate the Oscars.
It would be a smart move in my opinion to follow Man Of Steel up with a sequel and a Batman/Superman story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
Marvel had to tie-in their origin/introductory movies to Avengers and some of its stories suffered because of it.

WB/DC could flesh out their story lines better and have a slower build up to Justice League. They could have a more natural progression if they do decide to go with World's Finest.
They did suffer for it, but they are now rolling in dough.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #216
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naite22 View Post
Right now, I couldn't care less about a JL movie. I mean that. I much more wanna see MOS make its own incredible movie, with it's own strong spirit - Just like Batman Begins did.
This is where I'm at. Maybe it's because I'm so weary of following every rumor attached to JL, but right now I'm much more interested in MOS and the Batman reboot.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #217
GreenKToo
In the fire

It would be BO gold. Have Joker and Grundy on one side, and Lex and either metallo or Bizarro on the other.
Show Lex and joker meeting up. They have had no luck thus far beating their rivals so they decide to switch cities, ie, Lex to gotham, joker to metropolis.

Imagine seeing Supes going up against a crazy nut like joker, with Grundy being the muscle, or Bruce having to face a villain in Lex that is just as rich and powerful as he is..

Old 02-25-2013, 04:12 PM   #218
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

So I came across an article from artcenter centered around Jack Foley the dude who plays Pete Ross in MOS and there is a minor story spoiler in there.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Jack Foley, a teen actor whose character in the film bullies a young Clark Kent before the two become friends

http://blogs.artcenter.edu/dottedlin...of-filmmakers/

And now I immediately made up a theory in my head that

it's Pete's mom whose son saw what Clark did and that's why they become friends. He realizes Clark could have punched him to the moon every time he bullied him but he didn't, so Pete is ashamed. Pete also then tells he was lying about what he saw. Case closed.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #219
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
So I came across an article from artcenter centered around Jack Foley the dude who plays Pete Ross in MOS and there is a minor story spoiler in there.

Jack Foley, a teen actor whose character in the film bullies a young Clark Kent before the two become friends

http://blogs.artcenter.edu/dottedlin...of-filmmakers/

And now I immediately made up a theory in my head that

it's Pete's mom whose son saw what Clark did and that's why they become friends. He realizes Clark could have punched him to the moon every time he bullied him but he didn't, so Pete is ashamed. Pete also then tells he was lying about what he saw. Case closed.
I think you might be right

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #220
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I can see that.

Guillaume Rocheron won an oscar last night for visiual effects for Life of Pi. He's working on Man of Steel.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #221
fanboiii
disciple of truth

I think it's awesome they become friends. They usually resolve bullies using revenge.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #222
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post

Guillaume Rocheron won an oscar last night for visiual effects for Life of Pi. He's working on Man of Steel.
Awesome. I see that he's MPC's VFX supervisor for MOS. So now we got Oscar winning VFX supervisors that worked on MOS (The second being WETA's Joe Letteri)

Old 02-25-2013, 04:35 PM   #223
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
I think it's awesome they become friends. They usually resolve bullies using revenge.
I bullied my best friend before we became friends. It's weird, but it happens

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 02-25-2013, 04:35 PM   #224
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Yeah. Letteri made it sound like he's working on the Krypton scenes. To be honest I think Weta Digital is a little overated. I like MPC better.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #225
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
I bullied my best friend before we became friends. It's weird, but it happens
not quite the same but I have a friend that I bully :P